64bit Updates (05/26/2020)

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
As many of you have noticed, CCP stopped updating the 32-bit client today. This means that ISXEVE will not work until it has been updated to compile as a 64bit DLL.

There is no definitive ETA on when ISXEVE will be updated; however, CyberTech and I are working on it right now and, assuming no unforeseen weirdness or complications that we have not anticipated, the downtime may only be a few days.

I will update this thread periodically, with updates on how the development is proceeding. But, for now, please be patient and know that I will keep you well informed as to how things are going and what you can expect.

Last edited:

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Update #1
I have created an announcement explaining how current users can go ahead and update their systems to launch EVE within InnerSpace as a 64-bit application. (It's easier than you'd think!) You can view this announcement at https://www.isxgames.com/f/threads/launching-64-bit-eve-for-current-isxeve-users.8481/

For those who are new and are wanting to use ISXEVE for the first time, there will be another announcement created with instructions on setting everything up from scratch once ISXEVE has been updated for 64bit.

Last edited:

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Update #2
A lot of work is happening behind the scenes since Tuesday. It's impossible to go into a lot of detail without writing an essay (because it's all very technical) -- but, suffice it to say that we do hope to have something ready for testing to begin in a couple/few days.

If you want to be the first to find out when there is a version available, then you'll want to hang out on our Discord server in #isxeve.

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Update #3
Just tonight we were able to fully compile and link ISXEVE. This is a major step in the conversion process. There are still a couple of external libraries that still need to be folded back into the project and we will be testing enough internally to ensure that there are no heinous bugs. Thereafter, a TEST BUILD will be available to those on Discord (and will be announced on the Discord channel.) There is still no definitive ETA on this; but, it should be in the next few days, assuming no unforeseen complications (which are a distinct possibility.)

This update would never have been possible without all the work that CyberTech has done. I'm a reverse engineer and decent coder, but lack experience working in the 64-bit architecture, and especially with a conversion project like this. Feel free to thank him on Discord, and if you are so inclined, you can ask how you might send him a small token of your appreciation. (I'll be doing the same!)

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Update #4
The first beta test version of ISXEVE was released to advanced/experienced users on Discord just a few minutes ago! There are still some things to get resolved, but it certainly feels closer to being a reality than it was just a few days ago. I will provide more updates if needed; and will certainly announce when the testing is over and everything is working again as it was before; until then, you can assume that "no news is good news!"

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Update #5
Testing has been going very well. We have yet to hit any major problems that could not be fixed fairly easily. I anticipate that we will continue to test a couple more days (during which time I hope Lax will fix a big bug with .NET affecting 64bit InnerSpace), then it should be ready for everyone.

Again, if you want to follow development more closely, or even try running it yourself during this testing period, you are free to join us on Discord.

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Update #6
We are now in the home stretch. Lax has released a development build of InnerSpace that fixed the last of the major bugs, so we're now testing with everything re-enabled, including the patcher. I imagine having a post with instructions and HOWTOs for everyone on fully updating and returning to normal usage of ISXEVE within a few days.

If you want to follow development more closely, or even try running it yourself during this testing period, you are free to join us on Discord.

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Update #7
ISXEVE has been stable and testing for the past couple of days and seems ready for release. In fact, the only thing holding me up on creating new installation/setup instructions and ending the testing phase entirely is that right now ISXEVE requires the latest "development" build of InnerSpace, and I'd prefer not to require that all ISXEVE users switch over to using the InnerSpace development build (as users should not be using that build all the time and folks forget to switch back, etc.) I'm hoping that Lax will releases these bug fixes into InnerSpace live build soon, as they are fixes, not new features.

I will give him a few days, and then create entirely new installation/setup instructions for ISXEVE on the website. At that point, everything will be back to normal.

If you want to follow development more closely, or even try running it yourself during this testing period, you are free to join us on Discord. Installation instructions for the current version are "stickied" in the #isxeve channel.

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Update #8
Well, the good news is that ISXEVE is working and fully functional with the 64bit EVE client. The bad news is that Lax still has not patched the critical fixes necessary to the Live build of InnerSpace for me to feel comfortable leaving the testing phase. The way my extensions are designed requires .NET functionality for patching and preliminary authentication, which are both important for new users. Without those critical fixes to InnerSpace, I would have to require all users to switch to the development build of InnerSpace (and provide instructions on how to do so) or provide instructions on how to update manually; neither of which I feel are appropriate for a live, public release.

Since Lax does not seem motivated to fix the critical .NET bugs on his live build of InnerSpace, I have been working hard the past few days to come up with a new methodology for automatic ISXEVE updates, and will then work on replacing the .NET utility that sets a new user's username/password as well. If those two things are successfully implemented, then ISXEVE itself would no longer require InnerSpace's .NET features for full functionality and then I can take ISXEVE out of testing.

For now, as stated previously, current users are welcome to come to Discord and follow the pinned instructions (in the #isxeve channel) for installing ISXEVE, assuming you know how to switch to the InnerSpace development build. Otherwise, for those who are wanting to join the ISXEVE community, you'll need to wait just a bit longer.

Top Bottom