Discussion in 'Scripts (LavishScript)' started by Eris, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Eris

Eris Active Member

Release is at this thread.

Please enjoy.

~Eris
  2. djvj

djvj Active Member

Doesn't work right. Looks really cool though :) When adding npc's, they never show up on the list. I click start, and it targeted the first npc I added, opened the window as if I hailed him, but then closed it and vgtext box said "The parley is already over" twice.

I then right clicked the npc and the bot took over and started doing parlays.
  3. Iremearde

Iremearde Active Member

did you do add NPC or add target?
  4. Eris

Eris Active Member

I just tested again, and couldnt replicate the issue, could you try it for me 1 more time?
  5. djvj

djvj Active Member

Yea I'm a newb, I was clicking add npc while I had him targeted. The text box and add npc buttons are not needed when you have an add target button.
  6. Iremearde

Iremearde Active Member

I told him that, he then complained to me that he likes having that option.
  7. Eris

Eris Active Member

Fine, you bastards, ill remove the UI option for it and just leave the atom in, thats what I tend to use anyways =p
  8. Eris

Eris Active Member

New version posted.

Cleaned up the UI signifigantly.
    Removed the "Add NPC" button and text box by request.
    Cleaned up a couple of major errors in the movement code
  9. Eris

Eris Active Member

And again....

9-30-2007a: Forgot an else, oops.
  10. Eris

Eris Active Member

And another version up one more time....

10-1-2007: Implemented some code trying to prevent a rather intermittent bug which would occasionally cause the script to select a new NPC immediately after it started a parley.

~Eris
  11. gavkra

gavkra Active Member

Ooh, just got back around here. I will be trying this out this week! Thanks Eris!!
  12. djvj

djvj Active Member

Still tracing one annoying bug :)
  13. Eris

Eris Active Member

I will be adding some debugging logs to it this afternoon when I wake up. After these are added, if it for any reason freaks out or does something that it should not, get the log to me so I can look at it and track down this issue. It is intermittent enough that I can't figure out what is causing it yet, so these logs will be a great help.
  14. Eris

Eris Active Member

New version released. This contains the debugging setup which will output quite a bit of information to ${Script.CurrentDirectory}/dip/Dip-debug.txt

It also adds a button to the options tab, if debugging is enabled. "Dump Variables"

If you run into an issue of the script hanging, and not doing anything, please press that button, then immediately copy out the log file. It is deleted each time you start the script. Send it to me in either PM, AIM, IRC, email, carrier pigeon, whatever.

If for some reason you do not wish to help in the debugging, and create this horrible file....

On line 135
    Code (Text):
    variable(script) bool debug = TRUE
    Change that to FALSE

Thank you very much.

~Eris
  15. djvj

djvj Active Member

I'll send my log via smoke signals.
  16. Eris

Eris Active Member

Unfortunatly I live in California, the smoke signals will be lost in the smog.
  17. Eris

Eris Active Member

New version posted to fix a bug with targeting. Debugging has been set to be off by default, if you have problems, please turn it on and send in the logs. Thank you.
  18. kthanx

kthanx Active Member

would you ever consider adding a function that tells the bot what NOT to loot (junk loot) or how would I go about adding a function like this myself?
  19. Eris

Eris Active Member

Telling it what not to loot, probably not.

Telling it what to destroy after looting it? Possibly. I will add it to the list.
  20. Jdnwaco

Jdnwaco Active Member

What about an option to sell rather than destroy?
  21. djvj

djvj Active Member

To sell should be rather easy to add, craftbot already has the code done, just bring it over. You can even take the UI xml code :)

This would be great since you cant do bartenders for over an hour since it fills up your inventory after 75 or so parlays.
  22. Eris

Eris Active Member

Selling stuff from diplomacy is actually much easier then that. The cash loot items in crafting are not marked as cash loot in a way that ${Me.Inventory[#].Keyword2.Find[Cash]} finds it. The stuff from bartenders of course is another story.
  23. Jdnwaco

Jdnwaco Active Member

A sell option would be remarkable Eris, but regardless, you and gavkra have done a remarkable job.
  24. gavkra

gavkra Active Member

Eris,

Been using your latest version and give it two enthusiastic thumbs up! Nice work!

I am a big fan of Xeon's movement code (Kbot and VGCraftbot) and the "nav" code in general.

Gavkra
  25. djvj

djvj Active Member

I didn't realize bartender loot was marked as such. If it is like you say, it definately would make it that much easier since isxvg knows cash loot.
  26. Eris

Eris Active Member

Bartender loot, unfortunatly, is not to my knowledge. Especially the crap food, and dates, etc. Frankly, not even worth looting that garbage imo, and half of it is no sell.
  27. blackee

blackee Senior Member

How do i get the bot to play a couple of cards? It won't play "Snippet of Wisdom" and "Troglodyte Tensor" and "Hobgoblin Harangue". Any thoughts?
  28. djvj

djvj Active Member

You can't force cards, the AI is completely Auto. I'm still hopeing for ability to force slot0/1 options at start of parlay. :)
  29. Eris

Eris Active Member

This is something I will be adding to it, I am currently taking a minor break from VG until they fix some of the issues in this last patch. Not that I have time to game currently anyways, have a few major projects at work. But work will continue on this project.
  30. mswanson00

mswanson00 Active Member

open door

Possible for anyone to add "Open Door" option for when "map pathing". Would be a great addition! :)
  31. Brigand

Brigand Active Member

OK, I believe that you should check off the color that the NPC is likely to use based on their race/class and the ratecard function will be less likely to give that color to the NPC. If this is wrong, please let me know.

I made some small changes to movement because the lavishnav pathfinding is spiking my processor use for a second and it's long enough to make me run off the mapped area, so I put in a pause and disabled the code that rechecks the path when you get near your destination. If anyone is having similar problem I will post it.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  32. IeU

IeU Active Member

what does the "dump variables" do ?
  33. Bottingass999

Bottingass999 Active Member

red=demand majorilly played by soldiers(guard npcs)

green=reason, depending on the race u face some prefer this but majorilly it is the 2nd card choice if npc e.g. can not play flattery(yellow) cards.

reason and flattery are linked together as are demand and inspire.

You can all read about this going thru the diplo tutorial or have a look at www.vgtact.com

blue=inspire majorilly played by clergy npcs(not guards and non outsider so i call these guys the monk/disci/cleric/pala npcs)

yellow=flattery majorilly played by rakis but also note that a raki soldier will aways prefer to play demand cards usually before flattery.

and as already said have a look at www.vgtact.com really helps to get the basics of diplo:)

now happy presence and information grinding:)
  34. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

I have been using this new bot and its better then sliced bread imop. Is there a way to tell it what parleys to do on the NPC's ? I would like to skip some of the lvl 5 parleys for the lvl 45 ones or hit specific switches.
  35. gello2626

gello2626 Active Member

Crash

Anyone having problems running the dip script since the last small patch on Oct. 01? I keep crashing out on both of my computers?
  36. MTBR

MTBR Active Member

I have been trying to look at the code to figure out why it wont play card 10 and 11. Does anyone else have that issue or is it just me?
  37. Cipher the Sorcerer

Cipher the Sorcerer Active Member

Is this the best program to use? I've been combing the forums, and have seen several threads about Diplo-bots, and being new (and having had a GREAT experience with vgcraftbot), I figure I'd just cut right to the chase and ask here.

I've heard that it is a bear to set up (as compared to vgcraftbot) and get running. Is this true? Any recommendations as to where to set up this program for say a level 8+ for best effect?
  38. Zandros

Zandros Script Author: VGA

In my version of dip, I have corrected the following:

Facing Movements
    Getting back on the map correctly
    corrected one of the stats

I am still working out the kinks on the movement routines. Once in a while it will ziz-zag in the same spot because total mapped points will report 2 instead of the correct total.

Setting up is very easy. Follow these steps:

1 - Start fresh by deleting the path file
    2 - Stand near the 1st guy and turn on mapping
    3 - Add the Targeted NPC to your list
    4 - Move to the next NPC and repeat #3
    5 - Move back to the 1st NPC and turn off mapping

To test your path.. simply uncheck the parlay options and run it.

Hope this helps.
  39. Sharedor

Sharedor Active Member

as i am a newb to the scripting, i want to ask: is there an option to let the bot take the last parley-option, not the first or a parley-level-restriction?

i mean: if i have a NPC who offers about 10 Parleys of different levels, i want to take only the levels of 40 to 50, but not the 5, 7, 10...
    it would help alot if it starts at the lower end, where the higher ones are.
  40. Cipher the Sorcerer

Well, I finally tried this one, and it works great.

Only two problems I see with it (actually, it would fall under "would like to see features"):

1) It doesn't have a separate configuration file for each character and zone you start in (like vgCraftBot).

2) It doesn't have a /tell "Gong" (like vgCraftBot).

Other than that, I was surprised how fast I went from level 10 to 14 on 2 characters tonight, with little more than checking a few boxes and setting up my cards in the tray.
  41. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

RunScript 'dip' failed
    Invalid path or filename: C:/Program Files/InnerSpace/Scripts/dip/Dip-debug.txt

I get this this morning when trying to run dip bot. vga, kbot work fine so i dunno
  42. Eris

Eris Active Member

Hello folks, as I posted int he general discussion forum, I am back. Please let me know of any issues, or feature requests.
  43. Eris

Eris Active Member

I like this suggestion. I will work on implementing this as time allows.

Unfortunately I feel this leads down the path of AFK botting, and will not implement it into the script.
  44. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

How about a open door button when doing the pathing?
  45. Eris

Eris Active Member

I will try to work on that.
  46. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

Great, Other then that this is a freaking awesome script.
  47. wizeone

wizeone Active Member

possibly a way to add a way to filter loots? a keep or destroy list?
  48. Cipher the Sorcerer

Kewl. I'm sure it will be more than "easy", but I think it will be a good feature to add. I look forward to it.
  49. Yelnek

Yelnek Active Member

Welcome Back!

Welcome back Eris!

Great script, thank you for all of your hard work.

IMO you actually do not need to do anything to dipbot. The requests that have been made are good ones, but realistically without these features the bot still runs great.

Thanks again!
  50. mordacai

mordacai Active Member

For door opening I just have the vgcraft script running it takes care of them nicely. I also believe it will take care of your tells as well with notification and autorespond.
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
  51. Eris

Eris Active Member

Quite true, and also very simple to just write a small script to handle tells anyways. Hence why that will never be added.

Doors? Different story, and worth doing.