Discussion in 'Scripts (LavishScript)' started by Xeon, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

Yes, this is the new feedback thread for VGCraftBot

Post stuff here.

EDIT:

I recommend that you re-make all your maps with the new 1.0 version of CraftBot. The mapping has changed quite a bit over the last few revisions. For example, it now uses spheres instead of boxes and the size of each region has also changed. In addition it does collision and distance checks before it creates connectors between regions, so maps should be more precise and contain less errors.

---
    If you are experiencing any movement related problems, remove your vgcraft/vgpaths/ChunkName.xml map file and re-create it.
    ---

Version 1.001
    Added Collision check code to the existing LavishNav code (originally written by Bohika)
    Changed maps to use Spheres instead of Boxes
    Changed size of map Spheres to 100 (1 meter)
    Added path recalculation routines to work around zero length paths
    Mapping is ALWAYS ON when your toon is moving.

Version 1.002
    Bug fixes with path recalculation function
    Added distance check to mapping routine (no two regions more than 10 meter apart)
    Changed/added GM detection code to use the Crimson Fellowship guild

Version 1.003
    Will no longer fix complications if you are on the last step of the recipe
    Added sneaky GM port detection. If you move away from the table while crafting, it will pause

Version 1.004
    Bug fix waiting for roving Task Master
    Added Checkbox to switch between Refining and Finishing when the Task Master runs out of Work Orders

Version 1.009
    Increased the Extra Quality Prefers Tools checkbox so it *really* prefers to use Tools for Quality actions

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  2. thezig

thezig Active Member

So the port detection works even if you don't get the "summoned" message? I'd come up with a way to fix it, then I get on here and find it's already been fixed :)
  3. mycroft

mycroft Script Author: MyPrices

Let me guess....compare 2 seperated x/y/z locs and if it changes too much then you've been ported , thats what I was thinking about.
  4. Crassocracy

Crassocracy Active Member

I had the GM Detected Alarm go off when I was at my comp, wierd thing is it didn't go off on my other two comps :dazed: No tell and No visible GM tho.
  5. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

It uses the onSpawn event, so it can detect them before they show up near you :D

That said, it's quite possible for false positives to show up and I have NOT TESTED it against a real live GM.... as I haven't seen one when running craftbot.
  6. Syco

Syco Active Member

I just had an encounter w/ a GM a few minutes ago and this is what happened:

GM did NOT have GM on their name.
    When mouse-over on GM, it does state GM <Name> <Other Title>

GM ports you somewhere else --> Ingame message says "You have been summoned!" --> Craftbot stops.

Get back on key and BS w/ GM and I dodged the banstick :D

FYI:
    I am unsure if the GM Tracker found the GM before or after my toon got ported.
    Have a feeling Craftbot didn't alarm until AFTER the port.
    So don't think it didn't "sense" the GM at all until he ported me.
  7. jelsea

jelsea Active Member

Xeno if ya what ot have a good chance of seeing a GM just go to ocean watch and craft.
  8. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

Hmm, that's too bad. I was afraid they had changed that.

At least that still works :D

What was the GM's name?
  9. Crassocracy

Crassocracy Active Member

Had a possible encounter (GM Alarm had been going off randomly on one account throughout the day), just got a tell on my accounts:

Bindiya: hello
    /r <insert bs>
    <no response>
    /who all Bindiya
    <nothing>
    /r <more bs>
    <nothing>

One account which didn't have any alarms turned on auto replied :p. Being the only crafters in Veskals, which rarely anyone goes into, I doubt all my accounts were reported. Wondering if they had just decided to do a massive check.
  10. Smyrk

Smyrk Active Member

Everyone on my server has been reporting getting tells for the past few hours from multiple people with the text "hello". Apparently no (or very few) tells back get to them. The few that do garner no new response. Using /who all <name> shows 0 people online.

Quite the discussion in the global channels about it, if its gold sellers scripts, its annoying, if its GMs its equally annoying. Either way, I'm waiting to see what else there is to come.

**Note** As I write this, I found out that there was one other message that made it around other than 'hello', it was 'How can i make a mess on my bib?' Curiouser and curiouser...
  11. figmentus

figmentus Active Member

Same here, from Bindiya and Kagha
  12. Syco

Syco Active Member

It was GM Akila.

I also noticed 1 thing with the new update(s) since v1.0.
    When the Taskmaster is somehow not close enough in range in my mapped area, the script tweaks out a bit.
    It tries to face the TM then jerks a bit facing its original position without moving.
    It does this non-stop until the TM is within range.
    Kinda like watching a DVD with a scratch and seeing the same 3 second all over again.
    Hope that makes sense.
  13. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

Yes, it supposed to wait 20 seconds, but it was only waiting 2 seconds.

Fixed.

Also, I just added a new checkbox that allows you to automatically switch between Finishing and Refining when the Task Master runs out of recipes.
  14. BeernuT

BeernuT Active Member

sweet thank you! ~
  15. mycroft

mycroft Script Author: MyPrices

Problems patching 1.02 to 1.04

The patcher reports that the following are not on the server.

CTNavigator.iss
    defines.iss
    obj_Automapper.iss
    obj_Collisionmath.iss
    obj_facecalss.iss
    obj_navigator.iss

don't know if these were changed , it's running using the old versions of those still.
  16. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

Those were never actualy used, so I removed them.
    I just took them out of the patch.xml file also, so you should no longer get that error.
  17. toobin

toobin Active Member

How about making it run back and continue crafting when killed.
  18. BeernuT

BeernuT Active Member

wouldnt building a path file work for this? or not going dead? :D
  19. BeernuT

BeernuT Active Member

I have had it go off twice for GM detection, however I have yet to actually see a GM anywhere around. I added some debug output to help try to narrow down what its actually firing on to see if its a false positive or not.
  20. Gameross

Gameross Active Member

Actually, I only got suspended for 4 days. I look forward to any additional GM detection you can add! I just HAD to do grandmas 90th birthday party!
  21. BeernuT

BeernuT Active Member

Ok apparently I didnt add enough debug output, it set off again, the only thing that I notice that is common between the 3 times this has happened (in the last 8 hours) is that I've always been on my way to wo/supply vendor
  22. Crafdog

Crafdog Active Member

Pausing since newest patch

Don't know about anyone else but since last vgcraftbot update my bot occasionally
    pauses at the suppplier. Just been noticing this very recently. I resume and it picks back up. Anyone else encounter this ?
  23. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

Have you created new maps for the 1.X release?

There are enough changes to the way that mapping/moving works that if you are experiencing any problems, you should delete your vgcraft/vgpaths/ChunkName.xml map file and re-create it.
  24. BeernuT

BeernuT Active Member

Also having issues with just doing recipes, it won't load but 1 item from my add items list and if i have my sliders set at 751 and max 751 it wont stop till it is 100% quality.

Just trying to throw some mithril ingots together and its failed every time. Not helping that it will spend 2000 points just trying to get through the 2nd step.

just to clarify, it will not stop at 100, it keeps dumping quality into it till it is out of points
  25. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

As quoted from:

http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711

** Once the Max Qual slider value is reached, Quality will be a much lower priority.

** If you are running out of AP, then lower the Prog Ratio slider for that type of recipe.
  26. BeernuT

BeernuT Active Member

my ap slider is at 26 right now, i will try it at 18?
  27. BeernuT

BeernuT Active Member

also i would think that once quality hits 100 it should ignore anything with quality? I mean it sits there and runs a quality only action over and over and over.
  28. BeernuT

BeernuT Active Member

btw I am on the refining table.

Ok, the hud shows your AP lvl that you have set on the "Setup Tab", is the progress bar on the recipe tab being used? or should I be changing the setup tab or both tabs?
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  29. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

All you are doing it bitching about something.

I see no debug output, log files, etc, not even a "here is what my sliders on the recipe tab and here are my skills/attributes"

Your last three posts are completely worthless in helping me try to fix your problem.

And here I was trying to refrain from calling you an "Idiot User"... so much for self restraint.
  30. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

On the Recipe tab, if you have the Repeat Recipe box checked, then the HUD will show the settings from the Recipe tab and the Bot will do the recipe you have selected and use the settings from that tab. I know, it's crazy.

If you don't have that box checked, then it will use the settings from the AP # of the recipe (2000, 2500, 3000 or 3500) Prog Ratio slide and the Difficulty (VEasy, Easy, Moderate, Difficult) for the Min/Max Qual sliders.

The HUD will always display the value of those sliders based on the recipe or work order that it's doing.

Recipes are a little different in that they don't have a difficulty, so it displays some other text in the HUD instead.

Now, if you are doing a recipe and have the recipe tab sliders where you think they should be and the HUD is displaying a wrong info (and are not being used) then you need to turn on DEBUG and tell me what it says. Or better yet, post a section (or the entire) vgcraft_output.log file. I'm also on IRC most of the time if you want to chat about it.

EDIT:

Also, I apologize for the comment above, but these types of non-reports drive me crazy.
  31. BeernuT

BeernuT Active Member

Aye, I do have the repeat button checked and had it set to 50 recipes.
  32. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

I also recommend not setting your Min values at or higher than your Max values.
  33. BeernuT

BeernuT Active Member

http://www.cei.net/~beernut/xxcraft-output.log

Setup Tab
    - 18 Progress Ratio for 3500 AP
    - 517 Min Qual
    - 517 Max Qual

Recipe Tab
    - Repeat checked and set to 12
    - 33 Progress Ratio
    - 503 Min Qual
    - 751 Max Qual

I'll stop using same min / max
  34. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

Ok, looking through it now... one thing I noticed (and found be to oddly funny)
    Code (Text):

12:41:31::VG: AddExtra testing: Oil
    12:41:31::VG: AddExtra adding: Hard Boiled Egg

35. BeernuT

BeernuT Active Member

Thats not in my ingredient list ~

Although I do have a stack of them in my main inventory bag
  36. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

Yes, I know... it's a bug in my code :D

Code (Text):

12:43:32::CA: Recipe completed successfully.
    12:43:32::Quality: 688
    12:43:32::AP Used: 3456
    12:43:32::VG: (78):() :: Your crafting session ends.
    12:43:32::===================== Mithril Ingot Finished ======================
    12:43:35::VG: (38):() :: You have looted 3 x Mithril Ingot.

Umm... and the problem would be?
  37. BeernuT

BeernuT Active Member

once I adjusted the sliders on the setup tab i was able to complete them, however in a post above (unless I read it wrong) you stated that if I have the check box selected to repeat recipe then it should be using the settings specified under the recipe tab. I was failing before because I was only paying attention to those sliders.
  38. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

Aha! Found it... there was a typo in the UI xml file. It was using the 2000 AP slider value instead of the recipe slider value.

Fixed!
  39. figmentus

figmentus Active Member

These random "alerts" are occurring because people are walking away from the stations too early or they're simply walking away from the station.
  40. figmentus

figmentus Active Member

on a side note crimson fellowship stood next to me today and not one alert.
  41. BeernuT

BeernuT Active Member

I agree, this is what is happening, but it also happens when there is no user input. ie bot walks away and then alarms, pauses and sits there.
  42. BeernuT

BeernuT Active Member

just to clarify,

If i'm working on a WO and have my progress ratio set to 27 on the Setup Tab, should I see on the HUD: APLimit: 27 vs xx (xx being a number)? I can post debug if needed but what I am seeing is 22 vs xx, if I move it to 36, it displays 31 on the HUD. Always 5 off.

-bn

edit: this is on a Moderate WO with 3500 AP,

This part seems to be working nicely now, Progress shows correctly and listens to my min / max settings correctly

thank you
    -bn
  43. Gameross

Gameross Active Member

If you have it set to automatically get WOs from both task masters and there's no tasks available of the level you're looking for, it MAY keep running between both task masters looking for orders.

I say may, since I normally clear all task level checkboxes of tasks I want so that when it's done with it's current set of WO's, it does the turn ins and then waits.

When I did that, with the option to change task masters on, it just kept running between the task masters.
  44. sylkkaskr

sylkkaskr Active Member

Im having the same problem as a few posts before on 1 of my 3 bots. XD.

Im in Faction Grind mode (happens in normal mode as well) it will finish the WO's, run to the taskmaster and pause. If i have GM alert on, it will say GM detected and pause. Even if its off, it just pauses.

(Btw, im not sure if this has been posted, or if its one of your pet peeves or not, but is it possible to customize, besides recipe step, what actions the bot uses?)
  45. Crafdog

Crafdog Active Member

Bot Pausing

I deleted the pathing files and remapped. What I should have noticed but failed to before my first post was the Bot pause happened right after a GM detect alert.
    Did it twice in an hour while I was watching, I did not see any GM nor was I ported but I am happy it paused if a GM was actually there. If a GM was actually their or it's having false triggers I dont know, not sure how a GM is detected.
  46. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

47. gnits

gnits Active Member

In 1.007, every pass to the vender will cause it to do a repair run. Think that broke somewhere.
  48. pangelo

pangelo Active Member

would it be possible under the GM detected area to add in an option to /camp if a GM incident occurs?

Something like it does a /endscript then a /say Have a good day all.. time to take a break Then /camp?

I'm normally at the keyboard, but every now and then, nature calls... and if the GM alarm goes off and I'm "preoccupied" in the bathroom, it would be nice if it either paused the script and camped or ended it and camped.

Also, had a GM pop into the Deebs yesterday. Had GM Volson as his title, no guild tag that I saw. couldn't do a /who on him and in spatial chat his name just appeared as Volson. The GM alarm went off when he targeted me or did an action to me.
  49. spudman

spudman Active Member

Did you just upgrade to new equipment? There's a wierd bug where if you equip new equipment from trader or something it doesn't show any durability. Just log off and back on and make sure all your pieces of gear have a durability value. I've run into this a few times. It's not a problem with the bot though (I don't think).
  50. spudman

spudman Active Member

There is a pause button. Logging off suddenly is such a huge flag imo.
  51. fancy

fancy Active Member

I am trying to use the new auto switch between npc's option. When I select this option if I run out of workorders from one tm it will go to the other but just run back and forth doesn't actually do anything with the other tm. Also just out of curiosity if this is chosen will it go to the correct table the work order is for or just the one you were currently running? Thanks for any input.
  52. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

It's supposed to switch to your other defined WO task master and associated crafting table.

When I tested it worked as designed, but one other person reported problems also, so I'll take a look and see if I can pinpoint the problem.
  53. Snizzle

Snizzle Active Member

I have been using VGCraftbot for almost two weeks without any problems. Now it seems to be getting "hung-up" on certain steps while crafting. It seems like it isn't choosing the correct toolbelt.

Any ideas?
  54. bigxiz

bigxiz Active Member

more then likely you dont have enough EE for the tools you have. There is a bug in game right now that you need your tool EE x2 plus 1 to be able to switch the tools once you used them :)

hope that made sense...
  55. figmentus

figmentus Active Member

WTB: leet VGCB subforums for the ability to break all these varying items and tweaks into their appropriate subforums!

WTS: willing to mod if needed lol
  56. figmentus

figmentus Active Member

How hard would it be to add a timed crafting setup?

say to put in X hours and then quit/exit client?
  57. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

Easier than baking a pie... unless it's one of those no-bake strawberry ones. I mean, what's easier than throwing some sugar and strawberries in a crust and putting whipped cream on top?
  58. MissLaLa

MissLaLa Active Member

Been using craft bot a few weeks while lvl'n several times so it is working for the most part...Still finding issues and was wondering if there is a way to reset the craftbot?

I am seeing that as I pause the process and lower the "prog ratio", that the bot is not responding to the change. So I quit and then restart it and it still does not respond; I see recipes forcing its way to an A grade even if the prog ratio is set to 0 and min/max are 100/200 and running out of AP on the 2nd to last process.

I have even gone as far as exiting out of Inner Space all together and restarting with no success and I am failing more than 50% after every 4th or 5th level.

I found that EE bug is very hard to deal with, so I am only able to wear gear no more than 5 lvls above mine and definitely have to have lower level tools that are 5 levels below - I must leave between 27-30% in order to not get 'hung up' by the EE bug.

What am I doing wrong here? I have yet to complete one yellow WO to an A or B grade. The orders I am referring to above are only the white WOs.

Attached Files:

59. Gameross

Gameross Active Member

It just keeps switching back and forth finding no WOs on either.

Simple fix is check if not able to get WOs from the opposite taskmaster of what's selected in the UI. If not, pause, if able, set the WOs type to the new taskmaster type and continue.
  60. Trocious

Trocious Active Member

My GM alarm has gone off twice in the past two days. Both times they were invisible... First, how does it detect it, and should I be worried? I feel like they're coppers tryin' ta catch meh!
  61. Syco

Syco Active Member

Question:

When I have ALREADY mapped an area and I want to add more areas in the already mapped area.
    Do I have to re-map the whole and every area I want to map, or will it just auto-connect the other areas I already have mapped?
    Would it be safest to just delete that file and start from scratch?
  62. figmentus

figmentus Active Member

ok, I'll supply strawberries and sugar if you'll add the timer function <3 :p

but it would be kind of a nice "courtesy" function the people using vgcb could utilize to be more conspicuous.
  63. ststew

ststew Active Member

Seriously I have an idea, don't afk craft bot and you wont need a stupid timer to boot you off. People who do so are the reason why people are hardup on bashing "botters".

-fist
  64. figmentus

figmentus Active Member

etc. etc. etc. ad-nauseam, it's a suggestion which would at least provide you an amount of guaranteed timeframe, honestly using the application itself is just as bad as using it unattended so quit complaining as if there's a large difference. In fact, one garners far more risk and consequences than the other, and both are extraordinarily conspicuous.

Consequences remain the same if you get caught under suspicion, using it, using it afk, or conspiring to use it, so pretending that one way is better than the other is foolish, it is just more conscientious and tends to make those using it while near the keyboard feel morally more acceptable to do so than those that do otherwise.

I for one use my audible cues and very loud speakers to handle 99.9% of my issues, I would just like to have the choice so to speak to just shutdown after x-period for other reasons.
  65. djvj

djvj Active Member

Here's an idea, use actool or any macro program to click X or pause/quit after a set amount of delay. Problem solved. Little Ingenuity goes a long way. Xeon has better things to spend his time on IMO.
  66. TheCompany

TheCompany Active Member

T5 WS

PR: 461
    R: 456
    I: 432
    F: 402

Tools: 290
    Utilities: 410
    Station: unlocked, so always gaining but currently at 356

Bots been working great!

Only trouble I'm having is all of the sudden now that I'm into T5 levels, It refuses to make the 3500 work orders consistently

I can make any of them Grade A every single time if I do it myself

if the bot works, it will occasionally make a Grade C, but 90% of the time (on moderate 3500 mithril anythings) it will just fail

I was doing 250K/hr from 38-41 then 41, 42, 43, 44 have been brutally under usually around 140K

Couple friends are able to pull in 350K, and thats while getting straight A's on moderates (3500 pt recipes)

Any advice on how to set min/max and Progression Ratio?

I've gone from 33 to 5 on the progression ratio for 3500's and nothing seems to make a difference

Currently have
    3500: 5PR
    3000: 26PR
    Moderate: 310/510 and I get mostly fails, some C's
    Easy: 310/910 and I get straight A stuff everytime
  67. figmentus

figmentus Active Member

only reason it was mentioned divj is 'cuz he had said it'd be easy and it sounded as if it was something moderately simple to code.

It wasn't meant for you to have a personal weigh in on whether you need 2 applications to perform one task, it was a menial suggestion on a feedback thread.

More constructivity or suggestions, less criticism I think imo, since this is the FEEDBACK not the flames board.
  68. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

Your tools are WAY to low. In fact, most of your skills seem low.

Unless that is base, without gear.

Read this: http://vanguardcrafters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24972

The bot's AI is kinda sucky when it get's to T5, but if you keep all your skills even it'll muddle through most Moderates.
  69. TheCompany

TheCompany Active Member

Thats exactly what I'm set up for, and the Station|Tools|Utilities are without gear, the rest is with gear
  70. Gameross

Gameross Active Member

Actually, I've been having the exact same problem. Was getting 280k until 41/42 and then it went to crap. I'm lucky to do 170k/hr now and that's sticking with easies.

As for the Mithril issue, I've noticed that too. I think it may have to do with the larger number of complications I'm getting with them. It seems like the bot thinks it should increase quality, but when it gets a complication, it doesn't re-evaluate the situation after the complication is fixed and ends up still doing Quality or it's always doing quality after a complication. Then, it ends up blowing 100s of points on quality when it needs to be pushing progress. Unless I severally drop PR, the bot usually can't complete a recipe unless there's almost no complications. Actually, even dropping PR doesn't help with lots of complications, but I do end up with a nice AAA quality product, even though not complete.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  71. TheCompany

TheCompany Active Member

Yea I also notice when doing them myself, there's alot of utils that aren't required, but you get way more efficient if you use them, like bandages and water and oil that the bot doesn't know to set up, and where it might have been okay at lower levels, seems T5 stuff requires a lot more for efficient exp I guess

Here you go Xeon

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  72. figmentus

figmentus Active Member

I find that every 5 levels or so there is a massive drop in an XP ratio, it happens usually dependent on your gear as well.

I've noticed often times with a slight gear upgrade and rebalance that I end up with about an extra 20+k/xp-hour per item I add above or approximate to that level.

had that problem for myself going from 44-50 and my EE was approximate to yours then I moved up to around 40% EE or so and saw my XP move back into acceptable ranges. 44 for some reason also seems to be a screwball hurdle in the levelling curve. 44-48 seemed substantially longer to me than 34-44, however at 48 everything seems to return to acceptable levels of XP...

Another thing is, if you're just levelling and not looking for items you may just want to turn off diffs and do easy/mods to get the most linear amount of XP available (since a failure is lost time and xp)
  73. pangelo

pangelo Active Member

Your geared skills are WAY off. You should be at 440 on all your skills with gear on. Your tools are so low I'm suprised you can get anything accomplished.. and your station needs a bump also. You could easily drop 100 pts from utilities and not see too big a drop in movement. You may have followed Jaradis' post as far as your raw skills go, but you need to adjust your gear accordingly. As you approach 50 you use almost no additional station pts (maybe 20-30 if you can afford it), moderate utility points (approx 100 or so) and the rest of your gear needs to be tools, tools and more tools. You will need at least 210 pts in +tool gear to follow his model.

IMHO, if you add some +tool gear (for you, at least 70-75 more pts) and about 20 pts into station, you should see a big improvement.
  74. figmentus

figmentus Active Member

the bot SHOULD setup and use extra mats if you put them in the extra items area I believe. Least I've been using it for certain tailoring additions and it does consume them (like bandages and water)
  75. TheCompany

TheCompany Active Member

Thanks for the feeds boys

First off, I have been on easy/mods the whole time

pang, I get everything I can as far as gear goes, as you know the servers are a bit lite at the moment, but I had planned to do as Jar and yourself have suggested with my gear, just tough when there's nothing I can buy ;D

and lastly, I plugged in the extra ingreds, totally forgot about that opt, thanks again for the advice guys
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.