Discussion in 'Scripts (LavishScript)' started by Xeon, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigxiz

bigxiz Active Member

yeah I'm getting this same problem, just noticed it today for myself, but I don't think I crafted yesterday...
  2. gavkra

gavkra Active Member

I think its lag related and thus worsened by the server merges. I never crafted before the merge so I can't say for sure (was getting diplomacy to 50 first).
  3. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

Yeah, it's lag related. Sometimes it just seems to miss the crafting messages. It's a LOT worse after the server merge.

I've added some stuff in to try and work around it, but haven't pushed a release yet.
  4. gavkra

gavkra Active Member

Thanks for the fast response. The work-around is to go to less crowded areas.

FYI, I added some debug messages to the code just to see. When the "miss" occurs, the code is getting to the part that handles this message: "You may not choose a crafting action at this time".

If you need me to do some info gathering, just let me know.
  5. Wesside

Wesside Active Member

odd issues

Hi all.

I'm having an issue with vgcraftbot not loading water, and also not taking my materials off the crafting table.

The water issue oddly enough does not happen at all on my blacksmith, but only on my outfitter.

Is there someplace i need to manually add water (outside of the game)?
  6. IeU

IeU Active Member

yes, add extra ingredient. items tab.
  7. Wesside

Wesside Active Member

Have done that, its not picking it up at all.
  8. gavkra

gavkra Active Member

Isn't there a checkbox on the Option page for this? Make sure its checked. (Can't remember where it is since I'm not in game now)
  9. BoB

BoB Active Member

Winxp serpack2
    .net 2.0

Ver 20070311.09

Hello all Ive got a little issue updating to version 1.10.

comand used: runscript vgcraftbot

this is what I see at the end
    VG: Updated of VGCraftbot all Done!
    VGCraftbot Updated, exiting. Please runscript again

comand used: runscript vgcraftbot

Just keeps trying to run the update
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  10. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

Try exiting out of ISXVG all together, then restart. See if that fixes the problem.
  11. Wesside

Wesside Active Member

Check box is marked to add extra ingredients.
  12. BoB

BoB Active Member

No luck there its just not taking the update. Its Like it not D/L it to the right place.
    If you put the new zip up I'm sure that will fix it. If not I'll try any any other ideas you all may have.

BTW thanks for your time @ help
  13. Xerotsuda

Xerotsuda Active Member

Same Trouble as BoB

I am having the exact same trouble as BoB. I have tried removing everything completely and doing fresh installs. Restarting my computer and having files sent to me via friends. Nothing appears to be working -- the patcher just keeps running over and over. Would it possible to release a version 1.1 to solve the problem?
  14. Vecna

Vecna Active Member

So I installed it yesterday and it patched fine but I get no craft window. Hows that?
  15. Vecna

Vecna Active Member

When I tried today it worked, guess I just had to reboot after updating for it to work.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  16. BoB

BoB Active Member

I guess I SOL.:confused:
  17. Bottingass999

Bottingass999 Active Member

Messed up colors/lookout

i have a little problem with the lookout/skin of the bot. I have tried and watched

http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711

the thread and my skin/lookout is totally different. It is more a dark blue having a black background color and light brown/red text colour.

I have also tried the method of deleting the vgskin.xml file in the innerspace/interface directory. It did not help

Thread i followed and check all through:

http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1299&page=11&highlight=black

i would post a screenshot but when i hit the take screenshot button and look at the screenshot it doesnt show me the bot ui on the screenshot.

I have also tried to use isxvg and vgcraftbot in default ui but same problem and lookout as in droxui(which is the ui i use atm)

I also tried and check the xml files for the colors and lookout but there is quite a lot of stuff. I am quite a n00b using xml files and this shit. I have c++ coding programming knowledge but i am quite a jackass n00b when it come to hml.:)

I am using win xp sp 2 pro
    playing vanguard normally on 1280x1024 full screen mode
    nvidia geforce 8800 gtx vid card

Hope somebody can help me fix this:)
    i have tried to use the bot it worked quite well as far i could hit and click the needed values gained around 130k xp in 40mins using tho i had to click on the select receipe after he finished the crafting.

Attached Files:

18. Bottingass999

Bottingass999 Active Member

never mind i fixed it by my own. W00t i am not a n00b:)

k what i have done:

1. i load vgskin.xml with internet explorer and hit right mouse button to edit the file.

Then i manually added my vanguard install path to every dat showing something like this \VGUIAssets\...\...

now it is fine:)
  19. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

New .ZIP is up
  20. dazed0119

dazed0119 Active Member

After the latest update it has gone back to crashing everytime someone links me an item, Any Clues?
  21. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

in a /tell or anytime you see an item link?
  22. dazed0119

dazed0119 Active Member

Only seems to happen in a tell.
  23. RS47

RS47 Active Member

Not sure if it's related to vgcraftbot, but I found myself in the char selection screen twice today while botting crafting..
    I went afk for a while (say 20ish min tops) and when I was back I was in the char selection screen..

Anybody has an idea of why this happened?
  24. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

Do you have any custom mods or files that are not being updated?
    Are you using auto-respond?
  25. dazed0119

dazed0119 Active Member

Just Drox, which is the latest release, and no auto respond. Had this problem a while back but it disappeared with one of the releases.
  26. dazed0119

dazed0119 Active Member

Only does it with vgcraftbot running. I can run ISXVG fine its just craftbot. I can run KBOT and it works fine as well.
  27. Jdnwaco

Jdnwaco Active Member

I am a n00b to this sort of thing but I think I have vgcraftbot installed and working, at least when I get a group invite etc i get WARNING WARNING over my speakers. But I can't seem to get the menu box to display correctly. I tried IRC chat help and seems my skin files aren't fixed right. I play on XP pro. Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated.

You can see what my menu box looks like here

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r121/Jdnwaco/untitled.jpg
  28. Jdnwaco

Jdnwaco Active Member

Found this answer in another thread, posting it here in case anyone else has a similar problem.
  29. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

Both mine and friends are doing the same thing. We only have batches and set clicked but it keeps getting the singles also. Anyone else having this problem or know a fix
  30. Eris

Eris Active Member

Yes, for some reason it does this for me as well, but it selects them last so... I dont worry too much about it.
  31. ochosi

ochosi Active Member

im having trouble with getting into the game with the bot

i did everything step by step but i cant load vanguard all the way

it keeps crashing right before i get into the chracter selection screen

any ideas? hope someone can help me out been at it for 3 hours nows
  32. gavkra

gavkra Active Member

I hope it is ok, but I have modified vgcraftbot to have some "retry" when in a laggy city. It retries under the following cases: missed crafting action, missed loot. The result is that I can now run this thing in Khal for long periods of time. There is one laggy case that I don't cover, but I have only seen it once. There is a hang that occurs when getting new work orders. If I catch it again, I'll debug it and put a retry there too.

I hope you can put this or a better change in the code for this situation. Thanks for the script. It is amazing to watch it in action. The movement code is the best.

Xeon, if you don't like it that I did this, just let me know and I'll pull this off of here.

Attached Files:

33. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

I've been meaning to add another timer for that... thanks!
  34. psychotic

psychotic Active Member

Great script. Just some feedback for you.

Even with gavkras change I still see the following situations:
    1. Turn-in. Bot opens window to turn-in but waits there. If I manually turn in one WO, the rest go. Always seems to be on the first one.

2. Loot window open but not looted. See this pretty often and the area i'm in doesn't seem to be laggy.

3. Script doesn't fully do all the WOs. Sometimes I'll see that the script will do some of a batch and then move on to the next one. At first I figured it would come back and finish it, but it doesn't seem to see the incomplete batch and just does the turn-in after doing the other WOs. I can pause the script and manually complete the WO though, so it's not a matter of the WO not being there.
  35. Eris

Eris Active Member

Would it be possible to add in a list of complications NOT to remove? Like Obsessive Whatever.... Too dang useful to remove.
  36. Jdnwaco

Jdnwaco Active Member

That would be nice. Obssessive Smithing is a boon to bumping that high grade B to an A most of the time.

But I also have another question Xeon. I am new to craftbot, and let me say it is a wonderful tool and I appreciate all the time you've put into it, but I am having a small issue with it.

I first tried searching for this to see if it was already answered, but didn't come up with anything. And honestly I gave up after reading to about page 10 on this thread.

My brother and I both run Craftbot and are experiencing the same hang-up. Every now and then when an action step completes somewhere between 95% and 99% the script just pauses and it says, "State: Action Wait" in the HUD. We'll have plenty of AP left etc, but the script just freezes up. If you click an action it finishes off the progression and the script automatically resumes and runs for an hour or two until it hangs up again.

Some things we have observed is that when it happens it is always on the last tool/utility of a step. Say Step 1 has 3 main sub-steps all with their various action. It may complete sub-step 1 and 3 but if 2 ends up between 95-99% this is when it hangs up.

It is always on the last "sub-step" of a step and always between 95 and 99%. Any idea what is causing this or how we can correct it?

Thank-you.
  37. gavkra

gavkra Active Member

Jdnwaco, did you try my changes? I had similar problems and solved them. I still have an issue that is more rare on turning in WO, but it hardly happens so I haven't caught it to fix it.

Before the mergers the bot worked very well. Now there is some huge lag issues in-game (not in-bot) that cause problems. I believe that it has to do with diplomacy buffs getting replied every few seconds. When they occur, my PING bar goes red and that is when a craft error is likely to happen. The changes I did above do not solve the problem, but just band-aid by retrying if things seem dead. The fix added some code in ACTION_WAIT which may be helpful to you.
  38. Jdnwaco

Jdnwaco Active Member

I dl'd the vgcraftbot.iss you posted here gavkra. Now what? Do I just put it in my C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts folder replacing the vgcraftbot.iss that is already there?

Or does it actually go into the vgcraftbot folder somewhere? Not the most fluent with these sort of things so child-like instructions are appreciated :p
  39. Eris

Eris Active Member

Also.... If its in stage 4, it probably doesn't need to remove the complications ;)
  40. Eris

Eris Active Member

Fixed the Bonus: effects not working.... It had to do with it checking for Moderate or High prior to checking for Bonus:

In the craft-actionlogic.iss file line 1758....

Replace 1758 through 1773 with

Code (Text):
            if ( ${Refining.Complication[${tstep}].Description.Find[Bonus:]} )
            {
                ; It's a GOOD complication, leave it
                call DebugOut "Complication Bonus: ${Refining.Complication[${tstep}].Name}"

cState:Set[CS_ACTION]
                return FALSE
            }
            elseif ( ${Refining.Complication[${tstep}].Description.Find[Penalty: Moderate]} )
            {
                ; Do nothing, we will try to clear it down below
            }
            elseif ( ${Refining.Complication[${tstep}].Description.Find[Penalty: High]} )
            {
                ; Do nothing, we will try to clear it down below
            }
  41. gavkra

gavkra Active Member

Sorry for the delay. Yes, replace the existing one and you should be set.
  42. Vecna

Vecna Active Member

Love the bot, just two things though. After level 40 it seems to be very hard, got decent gear but that's not the issue though with progress ratio at 30, min quality 550 (testing this) and max 862 it still fails alot because it tries to get too high quality, any ideas?

Also another disturbing thing, I sometimes leave it and watch a movie but I need to manually do one step at times because it was decreased by a complication, most offen its the 2nd action when there is 3 on stage one. Quite annoying. Left it for 2 hours once and had made maybe 30-35 wo's... on 2 hours? I figured out as much that it's because it eill delay several minutes at times for this reason. Noticed this on Tier 3 too I think but passed it quickly enough not to be a real problem but T5 is slow as we all know and this happens alot now, really disturbing

Any easy solutions to my 2 problems?
  43. VGRune

VGRune Active Member

Problem wtth recipes

I have been running vgcraftbot for quite awhile with no problems. But lately I have been having a problem using the recipe tab. I can no longer do any recipes at the smelter. It only lists recipes for the forge no matter which crafting station is selected. What causes the recipes to "reset" is there a way I can force it?
  44. Eris

Eris Active Member

Batch/Set/Singles

So, as I grind my way up in crafting, I have been working towards getting my recipe "drops" from work orders. As we all I am sure know, you need to do batches for this.... Currently, the check boxes in the UI to select types of WOs are more of a suggestion.... do this type first.

Therefore quite a bit of time is wasted on doing sets, and singles.

This of course prompted me to .... fix this.

Starting at line 1614 of vgcraftbot.iss comment out.... 1615 through 1622, just in case my line numbers do not match up....

Code (Text):
                ; Ok, then get anything!
    ;       call GetWorkOrder TRUE
    ;           if ( ${Return} )
    ;           {
                    ; Got one, but can get more!
    ;               cState:Set[CS_ORDER_GET]
    ;           }
    ;           else
    ;           {

Finally, one more line to comment.... 1708.

As this line is only the closing bracket for the else on 1621... I will be including a few lines around it so you can find it if line numbers do not match up.... Only comment the closing bracket, not all of these lines.

Code (Text):
                            call ErrorOut "VG: No Work Orders available from ${cWorkNPC}, going to sleep"
                            cState:Set[CS_WAIT]
                        }
                    }
    [B][COLOR="Red"];           }[/COLOR][/B]

break

case CS_ORDER_FINISH
                    /*  Finish/turn in old Work Orders */
                UIElement[State@CHUD]:SetText["Turn in Work Orders"]

; Check to see if we have any to turn in
  45. spudman

spudman Active Member

It's never been said that the check boxes were 'absolute'. It is a preference setting. If only batches are checked, it will get any/all batches (of your difficulty settings) 'before' getting anything else.

I wouldn't call the change you've made a fix as much as a 'workaround'. With those changes, if there are no batches available, I believe it would go to sleep. And that brings up the concern that if you had only 'batches' checked and you were getting sets and singles, then there were less than 3 batches available to do (at your difficulty settings) in the first place.

Not knocking your change, just an FYI to anyone considering making them.
  46. Eris

Eris Active Member

Correct, it most definately is a work around. But I also run with it auto switching between NPCs so it never really goes to sleep. I also tend to do singles and sets in faction grind mode, so as not to burn up my batches. Really more of a preference thing. I suppose optimally this should be a setting in the ui "Absolute or Prefered?" But for now, it was a quick hack to get it to do more of what I wanted =D
  47. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

Im having a problem with my blacksmith on 2 computers. It will not load up the base ingrediants for the work orders.. Liek flux and fuel. It will oad up the extra stuff i have but not the base stuff. Any ideas? Im running vista on both at the monent
  48. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

Ok i checked my tailor and stuff is loading up there fine. so its just my blacksmith
  49. spudman

spudman Active Member

Do you have 'auto table setup' checked in your in game UI? Sounds like you don't for you BS, but you do for your tailor.
  50. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

Im using the default UI for VG but ill check. Weird it would be on 2 seperate computers though
  51. spudman

spudman Active Member

it's character specific if i remember correctly, doesn't matter what comp you use.
  52. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

Are we talking auto table set up in the set up of craftbot? I cant find it in any vanguard options
  53. spudman

spudman Active Member

This is outside of craftbot, it's part of the VG UI. After you click 'begin' on a recipe (Crafting Table Setup), it's a checkbox in the upper right/middle (before clicking begin for the actual crafting portion). It determines whether necessary components are automatically added to the table or not.

If you don't know where this option is, or at least can't figure it out on your own, it starts to beg the question of whether you've actually ever crafted by hand.
  54. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

I've crafted way more then Ive ever should have by hand. I jsut never saw the box or noticed it.
  55. Jdnwaco

Jdnwaco Active Member

I have this issue all the time. The only way to switch it is to shut down craftbot and reload it. Then click on the station you want to craft at, go to recipes, and set station. Then when you utilize the drop down window it should have the correct recipes available.

A few things I'd really like to have;

An option to check which would choose between batches preferred first, and batches only. As mentioned by Eris.

A way to switch recipe selection from the recipe tab. It's really annoying to do 60 ingots at the smelter. Then go to the forge and reboot craftbot and do some secondary items to realize you need a sheet, so you go back to the smelter, reboot craftbot, back to the forge, reboot craftbot. The utility of the recipe section is great, but this could be fixed.

A "Stop" button in addition to a pause button. The problem with the pause button is that the only way to get it going again is to resume. If for some reason you've changed what you're doing, the only way I can get it to swap is to quit craftbot and reload. For example, if I'm doing WO for experience and someone asks me for a few items, I can't pause the script and use the recipe tab to make the sheets, make the grips, make the shields, etc. Because if I hit "resume" it goes back to trying to pick up where it left off with the WO's. Would like to "stop it". This seems to be closely tied into the above request about the recipe tab, some way to refresh or clear the script without reloading craftbot is needed. (I know reloading it isn't hard, but for some reason it can sometimes be slow. I spend up to 5 minutes sometimes trying to get it to start up, and other times it comes up in 10 seconds).

Better action selection. Even with quality prefers tools selected it never utilizes T1A6. On WO it fails at 50% quality on, I can do by hand at 100% quality with 500 AP left over because of T1A6. Otherwise action selection seems fine.

Overall it's a wonderful program. I can't write scripts, and I appreciate the people who do. I am offering feedback here, not diminishing your work. I certainly can't do any better.
  56. spudman

spudman Active Member

I don't use the latest vgcraftbot and not sure how it populates its recipe drop down, however vgcrafthelper suffers a similar fate 'if' you actually have your station window up on either of your crafting stations when you start the script. You'll notice that if you go to, say, your refining station and open the station window and then go to your abilities window, your finishing recipes aren't available to look at (grayed out). Similarly if you have your finishing station open, you can't view your refining abilities in the ability window. I believe the recipe population doesn't have access to these if you have your crafting station open when you start the script. Not sure if this is the problem, but it might be. i.e. make sure you don't have a station open when you start the script.
  57. ciruspilot

ciruspilot Active Member

since the latest update when I try to do a recipe it will not complete a step if a complication causes that step to need to be revisisted. Anyone else having this problem?????
  58. ciruspilot

ciruspilot Active Member

The problem only happens with the inspect action on my minerologist. I will have a complication that requires me to go back to that step. It will go back to it but will only do it once when it needs that action two or three times to complete it again.
  59. Flintjergeir

Flintjergeir Active Member

it happened to me before the last update, it only happened when i was messing with the screen trying to message people
  60. ciruspilot

ciruspilot Active Member

It happens to me no matter what.....although it does finish the recipe once i get it past that step.
  61. cybris

cybris Active Member

Yes same here if I lose progress because of a complication sometimes it gets stuck and won't go back to it to finish that step.
  62. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

Same thing here on minerologist and blacksmith
  63. ciruspilot

ciruspilot Active Member

lets hope we can get a response from xeon soon!!!!
  64. abndrew82

abndrew82 Active Member

Have seen this happen on my Carpenter, Mino, and Leatherworker.

But nothing that really bothers me, as I am always watching at the computer anyway, have not ran it while not around my PC so I can normally catch it slipping up within a few mins.
  65. Weizen

Weizen Active Member

Anyone having an issue of it not adding all the extra ingredients? Mine will not add water after the patch as an extra ingredient. I've tried several times to delete it and redo but still no water. It adds all the other extras so who knows what the hell is going on.

Weizen
  66. abndrew82

abndrew82 Active Member

Not had no issues from what I have seen so far.

But I will run it some tonight and see if I have the same issue.
  67. Jdnwaco

Jdnwaco Active Member

Having an issue with the new crafting stations. The taskmasters are just named Taskmaster now. With Finishing or Refining in brackets under their name, at least on Keejay Cove. When doing refining WO my guy will run to the top of the ramp, where the first "Taskmaster" is and stop, he stands in front of the Finishing Taskmaster and it says "Waiting for taskmaster". I've delted my files and remapped several times. I believe it is confusing the two task masters.

Any way to fix this?
  68. spudman

spudman Active Member

I wanted to offer this tidbit up entirely as a 'change at your own risk' option.

I recently changed my character builds to that outlined at VG Crafters here. I have loved this build for a few reasons. It allows me to get through the 2nd station step very quickly and also gives a high quality finisher. In the process my station ability is light years ahead of my tool skill now until i can change some more equipment. This gave rise to the program constantly using tool actions for corrections instead of using an equivalent station or utility action.

If you are following a similar build, OR if you just have utility or station much higher than your tool skills you may want to make a change in the following.

The file is craftactionlogic.iss, search for the function FindCorrection() and then look for the following:
    Code (Text):
    if ${Refining.Correction[${tstep}].AvailAction[${substep}].Description.Find[Tools]}
    {
        actionTypeBonus:Set[2]  ;Tools
    }
    elseif ${Refining.Correction[${tstep}].AvailAction[${substep}].Description.Find[Utilities]}
    {
        actionTypeBonus:Set[1]  ;utilities
    }
    else
    {
        actionTypeBonus:Set[0] ; station
    }

(I added the ;tools, ;utilties and ;station stuff for reference, that won't show up in the actual code

This is basically giving priority to tools, then utilities and then station, with all else being equal. You can change the 2,1,0 (in the actionTypeBonus:Set[#] lines) to another combination if your other skills are higher, like mine. So for example, if you wanted priority to be station, util, tools, make them 0,1,2. A higher number basically means higher priority.

Also, if you look just below this section of code you'll see that the difference between complication reduction's is 3 points, i.e. complication reduction very high gets 9 bonus points, high gets 6 bonus points, etc. The script adds the two numbers (actiontypebonus and actionprogressbonus) and takes the highest numbered action. For me, currently, a medium station action is getting more than a high tool action, so i actually made my numbers up above, 0, 3, 4., so that a medium station action will give 7 total, whereas a high tool will give 6 total and it will do a medium reduction station action over a high tool action.

I've posted stuff like this in the past and as always, if you dont' understand it, then don't bother changing it, but it's an easy change and it can make a big difference on higher lvl WO's to use better corrections.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  69. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

Spudman rocks! :D

And as to the other issues, I havn't had a chance to play since GU3... but maybe I'll get on tonight and see whats up.
  70. Weizen

Weizen Active Member

46 Mino and having the same problem as a few others. I'm getting stuck in the middle of crafting near the end of a stage and it will not do anything until you manually hit the button to progress it. It never did this before the patch so I hope someone can help. I did notice in the console it was getting stuck it always had the line KICK and a number. Hope this helps!

I did put in the changes that Spudman suggested but It was doing this before I made the changes.

Weizen
  71. spudman

spudman Active Member

my changes were not related to GU3 and didn't 'fix' anything, it was just a possible suggestion to make the bot act differently. Please don't take my post as any type of fix, other than if you want the bot to prefer station or util corrections over tool corrections.

I'm actually still using an old .9999 version. I've made so many changes to the code at this point, I just run my own. I'm personally not having this lockup issue so I don't even know where/what is going on. If I can duplicate an issue I usually will try to post a fix, but i haven't seen this one, except when I am on a very slow computer.
  72. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

I think this is just a timing issue... Didn't I release a fix for that?

Hmm... (wanders off to check release post)
  73. ciruspilot

ciruspilot Active Member

Any one else having a problem with it not starting a recipe cause it says its out of materials even when its not????
  74. Weizen

Weizen Active Member

And here I thought you fixed it because of the post I made the day before you released the update.

Weizen
  75. blackee

blackee Senior Member

LavishScript Execution Stack:
    -----------------------------------
    ${Me.Stat[Crafting, ${sReqSkill}]}
    call MyOutput "VG:SkillCheck: ${sReqSkill} :: ${Me.Stat[Crafting, ${sReqSkill}]} "
    call MyOutput "VG:SkillCheck: ${sReqSkill} :: ${Me.Stat[Crafting, ${sReqSkill}]} "

Running Scripts:
    -----------------------------------
    vgcraftbot

I just crashed at the taskmaster with the above error message...just FYI
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.