Discussion in 'Scripts (LavishScript)' started by Xeon, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillyBob

BillyBob Active Member

I want to know if there is any way when I check Extra Quality Prefers: Tools, that it NEVER uses any quality actions in utilities. This has got pretty bad lately and it seams to just do quality in the actions to come first instead of waiting on tool actions. I am now failing recipes at a much higher rate. If I pause and hit progress only actions in utilities, then resume, I get 100% A quality.

I am trying the 500station/270utilities/430tool Build. I was 440s/380u/370t Build, which when quality was used in the utility step was not to bad. Now I either run out of fuel or AP cause the script wastes fuel and AP in utility quality step instead of doing progress actions to get to tools to do quality actions.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  2. spudman

spudman Active Member

Honestly I can't speak on the action logic, since I'm using an older version and I've tweaked it a little bit, but I just would suggest you check out the 'Managing your stats' thread over at vanguard crafters. I have tried a few different builds and that one (500 st, 410 ut, 290 tl) at lvl 50 is great imo. Being able to blow through those 2nd util and station steps with 2 actions is awesome and if you ahve the points at the end you get a high quality finisher with 500st skill.

Not sure how it will affect the default logic of craftbot as it is, but I've found that build to be the best. just my opinion of course.

btw, what happens if you tell it to use util's for quality?
  3. BillyBob

BillyBob Active Member

Same thing, it seams to not care which quality step comes first. So if you get a recipe with jars before tools your hosed.
  4. BillyBob

BillyBob Active Member

O let me try 500/410/290
  5. spudman

spudman Active Member

well i wouldn't just go change it either. you have to balance that build with a change in equipment. primarily a lot of +tools items. It will fail horribly if you just change to nearly 100 less tool skill without replacing that with corresponding +tool equipment. Ideally you should try to keep all your combined skills (equipment and build) to your level * 10 or as close as possible. So that means getting +210 worth of tool points in equipment.

In converting all my characters to this build, i can guarantee you that if you don't have a lot of +tools equipment, your bot will fail miserably once their tool skill drops to a certain point, because it will take you forever and be practically impossible to get through those 2 tool phases.
  6. BillyBob

BillyBob Active Member

I just changed over and my gear is already mainly tool/station with small utility cause I hate that skill. Its working fine. But I love my tool build just wish the program would never use utility quality actions.
  7. spudman

spudman Active Member

you can always go into the code and change how it acts. the file you're looking for is craft-actionlogic.iss
  8. crixtoanti

crixtoanti Active Member

I have been using VGCraftBot for quite a while and something strange happened tonight. I just use the recipe tab to grind out my WO batches and have had no problems with it till tonight.

Now all of the sudden it is spamming me with "Missing Item:***" I understand that it is trying to do the first action in step one and if I check the box for step one and put in action 2 it works. What I don't understand is why this happened all of the sudden. Never had to check box before and it automatically would do action 2 (the supplied material).

Not really a big issue but when something stops working as it had for so long it makes me nervous. Any idea why this would happen?

Edit: Have been messing around with it more tonight and now I have to manually set the action for step 1 on all my WO. Never had to do this in this past. What gives?
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  9. Jdnwaco

Jdnwaco Active Member

Used craftbot for 2 months now and gotten pretty familiar with it. I am still having this issue and now my brother is having and cousin are having the same issue on both Keejay Cove in Qalia and Daegarmo Isle in Kojani.

We cannot get craftbot to work on the islands with the new crafting areas. Any known issues or workarounds here?
  10. soxz

soxz Active Member

Am having same issue .. cannot find WO Giver. Both Taskmasters are named taskmaster. mapping works fine. Stand approx. 1 arms length from the correct taskmaster but will not select taskmaster for new WO's. Remapped various times and still same issue.

02:33:12::VG: Moving to Work Order NPC: Taskmaster
    02:33:12::FindMoveTarget: Taskmaster
    02:33:12::VG: FindMoveTarget: Pawn:Target(exists): Taskmaster
    02:33:12::VG:MoveTargetPath called: Taskmaster :: NULL
    02:33:12::bNav: X: -26312.000000 Y: -45278.000000 Z: 4660.837891
    02:33:12::bNav: Names: 873 :: 760
    02:33:12::bNav:MovetoTargetName: Found Path to auto-4724233C-171.Abella Cove with 29 hops from auto-4724261C-206.Abella Cove
    02:33:13::VG: (42):() :: You have moved too far from the crafting station.
    02:33:16::bNav: Found a Door in auto-4722CB22-16
    02:33:16::bNav: Found a Door in auto-4722CB22-15
    02:33:16::bNav: Found a Door in auto-4722CB0F-12
    02:33:16::bNav: Found a Door in auto-4722CB0F-11
    02:33:18::VG:MoveTargetPath: END
    02:33:18::bNav: ShouldConnect: Regions to far away!
    02:33:19::TargetCloseObject: Taskmaster
    02:33:19::VG:TargetCloseObject: Me.Target(exists): FALSE!
    02:33:19::VG:CS.MOVE_FIND: cWorkNPC not found, waiting
    02:33:19::VG: CS.MOVE_TARGWAIT
    02:33:19::VG:Waiting 20 seconds for NPC Taskmaster to return

02:33:39::VG:MoveTargetPath called: Taskmaster :: NULL
    02:33:39::VG:MoveTargetPath: already close! :: NULL
    02:33:40::TargetCloseObject: Taskmaster
    02:33:40::VG:TargetCloseObject: Me.Target(exists): FALSE!
    02:33:40::VG:CS.MOVE_FIND: cWorkNPC not found, waiting
    02:33:40::VG: CS.MOVE_TARGWAIT
    02:33:40::VG:Waiting 20 seconds for NPC Taskmaster to return
    02:34:00::VG:MoveTargetPath called: Taskmaster :: NULL
    02:34:00::VG:MoveTargetPath: already close! :: NULL
    02:34:01::TargetCloseObject: Taskmaster
    02:34:01::VG:TargetCloseObject: Me.Target(exists): FALSE!
    02:34:01::VG:CS.MOVE_FIND: cWorkNPC not found, waiting
    02:34:01::VG: CS.MOVE_TARGWAIT
    02:34:01::VG:Waiting 20 seconds for NPC Taskmaster to return
  11. Lazytown1776

Lazytown1776 Active Member

Question:

Is it possible to make some script that would check your guild chat for your name and shoot an alarm when someone says your name?

Love your program.. but i tend to watch TV while crafting and I think this would be a nice little addition. (i just have no clue how to do this)
  12. spudman

spudman Active Member

I believe vgalarm already does this.
  13. Lazytown1776

Lazytown1776 Active Member

Oooo.. think your right.. just took another look at vgalarm and it mention it.. guess i will keep that up as well =) thanks for quick response
  14. spudman

spudman Active Member

Went to Keejay Cove tonight to see what was up with this duel tasmaster issue.

Here's a hack fix. You will probably want to make 2 copies of craft-move.iss, one for dealing with this issue and another for regular behavior.

anyway the file you edit is craft-move.iss...

search for the function called TargetCloseObject, make this change...

Code (Text):
            if ${cTarget.Equal[${cStation}]}
                Pawn[exactname,${cTarget}]:Target
            else
                Pawn[exactname,npc,${cTarget}]:Target
    to

Code (Text):
            if ${cTarget.Equal[${cStation}]}
                Pawn[exactname,${cTarget}]:Target
            else
                Pawn[${cTarget}]:Target
    you are REMOVING the exactname and npc parameter in the 2nd pawn statement, it's hard for me to bold something i removed. :)
    <edit> in testing i had to remove the npc option as well for the 'Lead Artisan'

for some reason the duel taskmasters makes exactname target nothing instead, so removing that seems to make it target the closest one. Now the other trick is to get closest to the 'proper' taskmaster. Since by default the movement code moves to the nearest Pawn search object with the name 'Taskmaster' that isn't always the proper one. So we will make it move to the taskmaster's loc first, THEN it will target the nearest one.

THIS MEANS you will have to stand right next to the taskmaster and then choose the 'Work NPC' button for both taskmasters. Behind the scenes the program stores the loc of the taskmaster. Now to make the code move to that loc, do the following...

search for the function MoveTargetPath, right at the top of this function add the bolded part...
    Code (Text):
    function:string MoveTargetPath(string aTarget)
    {
        variable string sTest = "NO"
        [B]variable point3f movepoint[/B]

if ${cTarget.Equal[${cWorkNPC}]}
    Now, down a little further is an if statement like follows:
    Code (Text):
            if ${aTarget.Equal[${cWorkNPC}]}
                call navi.MovetoTargetName "${aTarget}" TRUE
            else
                call navi.MovetoTargetName "${aTarget}" FALSE
    change that to this...
    Code (Text):
            if ${aTarget.Equal[${cWorkNPC}]}
            {
                ;call navi.MovetoTargetName "${aTarget}" TRUE
                if ${doRefining}
                    movepoint:Set[${setPath[${Me.Chunk}].FindSetting[RefiningWorkLoc]}]
                else
                    movepoint:Set[${setPath[${Me.Chunk}].FindSetting[FinishingWorkLoc]}]

call navi.MovetoXYZ ${movepoint.X} ${movepoint.Y} ${movepoint.Z}
            }
            else
                call navi.MovetoTargetName "${aTarget}" FALSE

I only did a little testing with this, but it seemed to work fine. It moves to the loc where you were when you set your two work order NPC's, THEN it targets them. Since you should be standing right next to the one you want, it should target the proper one.

DO NOT implement this 'hack' unless you are dealing with the duplicate name taskmasters <edit> that DO NOT move!
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  15. rusty

rusty Active Member

Not sure if anyone else is getting this bug, sometimes it misses [Your crafting session ends] event and it gets stuck on the loot window. NULL gets added to the action store and it gets stuck in a kickback loop. This is a dirty fix but it works for me. Hopefully someone can put in a better fix then this.

Craft-actionlogic.iss
    Line 749
    Code (Text):

if !${actionStore.FindSet[${newName}](exists)}
                {
                    call DebugOut "VG:ERROR: ${newName} not in the actionStore, adding it"
                    call addRecipeToActionStore
                }

to

Code (Text):

if !${actionStore.FindSet[${newName}](exists)} && !${newName.Equal[NULL]} && !${Me.IsLooting}
                            {
                }
                            elseif ${newName.Equal[NULL]} && ${Me.IsLooting}
                            {
                            cState:Set[CS_LOOT]
                            call resetCounts
                            statRecipeDone:Inc
                            UIElement[TotalRecipe@CHUD]:SetText[${statRecipeDone}]
                            UIElement[FailedRecipe@CHUD]:SetText[${statRecipeFailed}]
                            }

Line 1116

Code (Text):

if !${actionStore.FindSet[${newName}](exists)}
                {
                }

to

Code (Text):

if !${actionStore.FindSet[${newName}](exists)} && !${newName.Equal[NULL]} && !${Me.IsLooting}
                            {
                }
                            elseif ${newName.Equal[NULL]} && ${Me.IsLooting}
                            {
                            cState:Set[CS_LOOT]
                            call resetCounts
                            statRecipeDone:Inc
                            UIElement[TotalRecipe@CHUD]:SetText[${statRecipeDone}]
                            UIElement[FailedRecipe@CHUD]:SetText[${statRecipeFailed}]
                            }

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  16. mordacai

mordacai Active Member

Thanks Rusty, that helped a bundle
    Jaradis build is ok, but lvl 48,49 are A pain because the bot uses the high progress low/medium quality loss action, so you end up losing quality and its usually on the final stage. I kept my statiojn skill to 469 till lvl 50.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  17. Jdnwaco

Jdnwaco Active Member

Spudman, thank you for addressing the issue with the new crafting areas on the islands. I will give this a try and again, thank-you for your time.
  18. spudman

spudman Active Member

I used the latest version with those changes last night for about 3 hours and it worked fine. Hope it works for you. I didn't go to the other area you mentioned, but should be the same concept, as long as the taskmasters don't move. If they do, then we'll have to do some kind of search by ID, which means specifying who they are each time you start craftbot, but lets worry about that when the time comes.
  19. soxz

soxz Active Member

Spudman - The New Craft Station fix found the correct taskmasters and started just fine. I am having a new issue using this though. Before I put the changes in it found the Lead Artisan (Supply NPC) just fine and not the taskmasters. After I put the changes in it no longer is able to select him even though the toon runs right to the Lead Artisan. Itdoes the taskmasters just fine. I've deleted and remade the path multiple times.

02:01:58::VG: (78):() :: You stop crafting.
    02:01:59::VG: Now moving to Supply NPC: Lead Artisan
    02:01:59::VG: MoveAlongPath called
    02:02:00::VG: Move to Supply NPC: Lead Artisan
    02:02:00::VG:MovePath called: Lead Artisan
    02:02:00::bNav:MovetoWP: Found Path to auto-472C1293-157.Daegarmo Isle with 20 hops from auto-472C1065-130.Daegarmo Isle
    02:02:01::VG: (42):() :: You have moved too far from the crafting station.
    02:02:03::bNav: ShouldConnect: Regions to far away!
    02:02:03::VG:MoveTargetPath called: Lead Artisan :: 1052266987552
    02:02:03::bNav: X: 13881.000000 Y: -46386.000000 Z: 7574.475098
    02:02:03::bNav: Names: 559 :: 568
    02:02:03::bNav:MovetoTargetName: Found Path to auto-472C12BD-158.Daegarmo Isle with 2 hops from auto-472C1293-157.Daegarmo Isle
    02:02:04::VG:MoveTargetPath: END
    02:02:04::TargetCloseObject: Lead Artisan
    02:02:04::VG:TargetCloseObject: Me.Target(exists): FALSE!
    02:02:04::VG:ERROR: No Target to move to! Try making a new path

Any idea what I might have screwed up putting the new craftstation patch in?
    Help would be appreciated.
  20. spudman

spudman Active Member

are you sure you made the changes exactly as i show in my post?

I ran into the same issue and made the following edit shortly after I posted...
    <edit> in testing i had to remove the npc option as well for the 'Lead Artisan'
  21. soxz

soxz Active Member

Thank you Spudman.. Found the problem with your help..
    Working fine now :)
  22. Wassup

Wassup Active Member

I've tried this several times. In particular in Martok. When I go to the crafting supplier using the path I created, instead of running back to the door, the script runs my character to the back of the building instead of to the door.

I've tried everything from changing the 'sensitivity' to recreating the path starting just inside the door.

No matter what I have tried, the script refuses to run me back out the door.

Anyone ever craft in Martok that would have some suggestions?
  23. spudman

spudman Active Member

sounds like you are getting a connection through a wall. when you map, do you turn mapping on an off? Try mapping everything at once, without turning mapping on and off. I used to have tools to draw your maps and connection to troubleshoot this stuff, but i'm not even sure they work anymore. Martok seems like it would be simple enough.
  24. Wassup

Wassup Active Member

No, I don't turn mapping on and off. I do it in one continuous path. I tried two different ways: Once a continuous circuitous path, and one a single path. Both do the same thing... run toward the back of the building instead of through the door.

When I start from the crafting station entering the building works fine, it's just leaving that does not work.
  25. spudman

spudman Active Member

26. Etain

Etain Active Member

Why does the script hang when turning in WO's sometimes?

Is there a fix for this?

Also sometimes it doesn't loot the WO complete.

Thinking this is a lag issue?
  27. ciruspilot

ciruspilot Active Member

Dont know if anyone responds to these post still. But is anyone else having a problem with vgcraftbot crashing everytime the toon talks to the wo person. Its totally unuseable for me right now.
  28. abndrew82

abndrew82 Active Member

Craft Bot Wont Restart

I am having a problem since reformatting my computer where I can start vgcraftbot

But if I try to make changes, and close the bot then reopen it, it wont reopen.

I get this error

Code (Text):
    Logging to gbug
    [RadarZoomIn] [ALT+num +] Command (Release): radar zoomin
    [RadarZoomOut] [ALT+num -] Command (Release): radar zoomout
    Extension 'isxvg' loaded

ISXVG Subscription Active.  Thank you!

...Please hold while the ISXVG patcher checks for updates...

isxGamesPatcher: Starting (Ver. 20070311.09 by CyberTech/Amadeus)
    isxGamesPatcher:  Checking isxGamesPatcher: 1 file in manifest...
    isxGamesPatcher:  Checking ISXVG: 8 files in manifest...
    isxGamesPatcher: Finished

Vanguard Extension for Innerspace (By Amadeus) *LOADED*
    VG: Running patch checker for Updates
    isxGamesPatcher: Starting (Ver. 20070311.09 by CyberTech/Amadeus)
    isxGamesPatcher:  Checking VGCraftBot: 20 files in manifest...
    isxGamesPatcher: Finished
    VG: Updated of VGCraftBot all done!
    VG: NOTICE: Could not find C:/Program Files/InnerSpace/Scripts/vgcraft/save// autorespond.xml
    VG:Crafting Assistant started -- version 1.110000
    Stopping CraftBot
    VG: Saving Config Settings
    VG: Running patch checker for Updates
    Exception executing assembly: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\InnerSpace\.NET Programs\isxGamesPatcher' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files\InnerSpace\.NET Programs\isxGamesPatcher'

at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence)

at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)

at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)

at LavishVMRuntime.LVMDomainManager.AssemblyExecuter(Object Obj)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Script 'vgcraftbot' already running
    RunScript 'vgcraftbot' failed
    It says the script is already running, if I try to open it after the error, but the UI never comes up.

To get it to load again, I have to camp to desktop then come back into the game and it will work, but if I close it again it wont reopen again without camping.

Not sure what is causing this, but is a Pain for trying to make changes to the settings and getting them saved, guess it will be more ok once I get all settings done and dont have to change things, but would like a fix for it.
  29. spudman

spudman Active Member

after you exit the script the first time are you sure it's actually exited?

type 'scripts -running' (i think that's it) into the console to see if you actually have scripts still running that could be causing interference. Is there an autorespond.xml file is your characters save directory? Do you have autorespond options turned on? Perhaps disabling those would help, since it's giving you an error on that stuff as well.

you could also create a file called 'VGCraftBot.iss.nopatch' in your vgcraftbot directory to have it bypass the update. That would tell you if that's part of the problem or not.

just some thoughts
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  30. abndrew82

abndrew82 Active Member

Thanks for the ideas

I will check those settings and test what you mentioned tonight when I get home to try and play.
  31. Cogio

Cogio Active Member

I have loaded VgCraftBotand put it in the scripts folder but when I ty to load it in game in doesnt load or cant be found, any ideas of any problems?
  32. kumpel100

kumpel100 Active Member

what happent to this ?

FIXEt my Problem!
    i notice an other problem.

the bot sometimes didnt hit the Start buttom to start Crafting everthing else works perfekt for me.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  33. kumpel100

kumpel100 Active Member

you sure you ISXVG instalt?

while i had the same problem bevor.
  34. Gameross

Gameross Active Member

Ya, I've been getting random crashes with this script too. Only while running this script. I'm running VG on 3 completely different machines too. Unfortunately it's random and also usually happens when dealing with a NPC.
  35. kumpel100

kumpel100 Active Member

i was try to grind some faction in New T. i setup the bot correct, the bot take the workorder run to the Smelter and now i get the msg no workorder !
    i try it manuel and there are avaiable workorders to do.

any idear?
  36. Allblacks

Allblacks Active Member

Looks like Vgcraftbot broke with the new patch, for those that it will no longer do workorders ( Bot Mode ) automatically, or if you try doing them manually and get a "could not target the crafting station " error and stops after each completion.

Just re-do the crraft Station name, it seems that names like forge was changed to Blacksmith Forge

Ok looks like it's stiff stuffed, on Bot mode, it wont re-target the workstation, still doing tests will update asap.

Ok looks like what it's doing is stopping short of where it needs tyo be to be able to start crafting ie: they changes how far from the crafting station you can be, i have tried reruning the patch from the taskmaster to the forge and after remapping it still stops short of the crafting station

Blackie
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  37. lostsk8r

lostsk8r Active Member

works just fine for me, i use a place w/o any doors and such, there are obstacles but mapping mode works. havent had anymore problem w/ getting or doing wo's or targetting/using tables
  38. lostsk8r

lostsk8r Active Member

Trying to understand the quality and progression sliders, recently I have it on very low min/max quality for difficults but it still proceeds to try to get higher than c grade, even on moderates where i have the quality below where i think is at B grade max, i've seen it go half way through A grade then run out of points, so i put the quality sliders even lower didnt work.. so used progression but not sure if it worked.
  39. kumpel100

kumpel100 Active Member

im BM lvl 49.9 with follow stats:
    500 station ( 554)
    410 Util (551)
    270 tool (488)

PS 546
    RS 520
    Ing 460
    Fin 470

Extra Qual Utility 3500
    Prog Ratio 30
    Mod MinQual 74,4 MaxQual 77,9

i doing Moderate 95% Grade A there are no difficult left.

P.s i lack on better equicment :( doing only Batch and Set Wos.

ok also just to show you my settings hope it helps a little.
  40. kumpel100

kumpel100 Active Member

ok i notice this only happent when i want to do Wos from Crafting guilds also Merchant or something.
    it want didnt start crafting on stations but there are Wos to do and i have all ingrets i need it just open the station set it up then close it with message no workorders.

also only workorders from crafting guilds didnt work for me all outposts around, the bot works perfect !!

anyone notice the same problem? and anyone have an idear how to fix it?
  41. lostsk8r

lostsk8r Active Member

I was just tryin to get a hang of the system, like what does 420 max quality mean, 42%? and sometimes I put very easy to min/max at full which is 1000 (100%?) but it doesnt go to full A it stops at like 90% which I'm guessing then thats the progression slider kicking in, not sure how it exactly works, tryin to use it for some moderates for when I run out of AP and its doin too much quality then I lower the prog slider but dont see much difference.

only lvl 27 artificer atm, got my 2500 progression slider at 24, and mod quality at 227 min and 420 max..

217 shaping tools, 232 utilities, 277 shaping (just doin refining wos atm) with 260 problem, 253 reasoning, 253 ingenuity, 252 finesse

my buddy telling me to keep my skills and attributes together until im higher and know what im doin, so im lowerin the shaping so tools can come up, that should help me with doing moderates? Having problems even finishing them at like C grade, hoping at 30ish ill buy upgrade equip and do the society inventor gear.
  42. kumpel100

kumpel100 Active Member

i used only the Gear what i got from doing Wos (Set/Batch).

use gear to bring all Stats over level x10 or more.

use Refinining and Finishing to raise your skills together.

if the Refining taskmaster didnt have Wos so the bot run to Finishing.

i have done to 35 only Moderate/Easy/Very Easy Wo's

at 35 Difficult/Moderate to get best crafter gear.

i never was under 300k per hour exp at lvl 30, sometimes 400-450k for few hours.

PS.
    your skills the reason while you not able to craft high C :)

217 shaping tools, 232 utilities, 277 shaping (just doin refining wos atm) with 260 problem, 253 reasoning, 253 ingenuity, 252 finesse
    that should be all 270+
    try Broker to get for some Silver better Gear.
    and i was follow this guide (1-50 in 2.5 weeks) with some Breaks not 24/7

http://www.vanguardcrafters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24972

so better do Easy/Very Easy imo to get maximum XP and hopefully better gear.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  43. lostsk8r

lostsk8r Active Member

yah i found managing stats posta nd im doin that template but one problem lol left it runnin over night and now im suspended hah, so wont be doing overnights.
  44. kumpel100

kumpel100 Active Member

you know why?

got reportet ?
    or
    you was stuck on door ?

sorry.... bad luck.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  45. Jdnwaco

Jdnwaco Active Member

Curious, but where were you crafting at? How long were you suspended, or were you banned permanently?
  46. kumpel100

kumpel100 Active Member

also i notice it more and more too.
    mostly when start talking with NPC.
  47. Wassup

Wassup Active Member

I've noticed crashes when 'speaking' with the taskmasters myself, but very few and far between.

It is far from being a common occurrence.
  48. kumpel100

kumpel100 Active Member

using of crystals !

i didnt test it yet but i wonder do the bot use Attuning, Resonating or Focusing Crystals??

if yes do i setup "Pause to allow craft table setup" and select all ingredients i need.

set my recipe in "Recipe" and hit Start

does that work ??
  49. kumpel100

kumpel100 Active Member

i think is a VG itself problem !
  50. DrmChld

DrmChld Active Member

Is someone going to take over the development of this script? I would hate to see it go down the drain on a patch
  51. Jdnwaco

Jdnwaco Active Member

yea this isn't working for me. Have on crafter at 50 from vgcraftbot and now another at 25 and it still grinds out tons of AP points on utility quality before ever getting to the tool step. It completely ignores T1A6

Can anyone fix this? I know Xeon is no longer supporting this script, thanks to him for all the work he did, but perhaps Eris or someone could tinker with this?
  52. mswanson00

mswanson00 Active Member

specialized WOs

I read thru this hoping to find my answer but didn't so my question:

Is there anyway to make it accept WOs that's in your Specialization? Like only accept Artificer Mino WOs and leave out the Carpentry WOs?
  53. kumpel100

kumpel100 Active Member

i never had problems ill bot a Armour Smith 1- 50 and now a Tailor atm lvl 27 with this Bot.

after lvl 11 you finisht your class Quest it only take the Wos of your class.
  54. IeU

IeU Active Member

yea, no problems here too

some bugs here and there, and places where things could be done better, to make the bot abit faster and smarter, but it does work !
  55. mswanson00

mswanson00 Active Member

Yeah just found that out sorry. Thanks for the replies though, I do have a small problem though, I'm only getting about 1700-2000xp per WO bringing in about 60-70k exp/hour - do I have it set up wrong? I'm level 26 now. I have it do Easy and Very Easy at 800 min/max setting. Could you guys share a set up you use? Thanks in advance for this one as well.
  56. spudman

spudman Active Member

I don't think you'll find any perfect setup. The bot is essentially giving you the xp for free, i.e. not having to manually craft, so any xp is better than nothing. The crafting logic is not perfect and it handles different ones differently. i.e. it does much better when there is a quality gaining step in the 2nd to last stage, because then it doesn't have to guesstimate as many action points to store up.

So a lot of time you'll see it do fairly well at using most of it's action points on ones where it can do quality last, but on others, where both primary quality steps are in the 2nd stage, it tends to do a poor job of estimating how many AP's it will need in the later stages and you'll see a lot of wasted AP's. I've written things about this before, both in feature requests and in discussions of this bot. Not all the info available to the client is available to the bot. The logic could be better, but it won't ever be as good as what a person can craft until we get that additional information. (Complication reductions and individual progress bars)

I was working on some of this stuff at various points, but I've let my accounts run out or I'd probably have posted something by now. Perhaps after the holiday season winds down, I'll reactivate my accounts and tweak it some more.

When I was using the bot on higher lvl char's I found that for XP i usually did moderate work orders with settings about 32 ratio, 255 minimum quality and 427 maximum quality (this was usually enough to sneak into B's without jeapordizing failure by wasting on quality when it wasn't going to make it). I realize a lot of people will say that will result in a lot of wasted AP's and it usually does, but it also usually completes those that it does a poor job at estimating and choosing actions as well and overall I'd rather have it complete 'all' recipes or as many as possible then to fail on some. I had average gear so if you have better stuff, obviously you can raise the max, etc. This was for best XP in my experience. For items, I would have it do easy and very easy (once they got 50) with setting of something like min 758 max 1000, so as to try and get all A's for better drops. Others experiences may obviously be different.
  57. mswanson00

mswanson00 Active Member

Nice reply, Yeah I understand the idea of free exp > than PC gained exp. And thanks for the info on your set up, appears to help a lot. I really look foward to seeing you work on finishing your projects for this script. I'll keep an eye out :yea:
  58. lostsk8r

lostsk8r Active Member

Sorry guys didnt get to reply quicker. I was suspended for a week and one day.. not sure how they got me, probably cause one time a guy yelled BOTTER at me cause it got stuck on the fence in southwatch..maybe since then i was a known botter or that same guy came back... other than that when i logged in i wasnt anywhere near a fence so i thnk maybe someone just watched me, i had my "mapped" pathing pretty wide to avoid all fences so i went from the artifcer refining bench all way around to the top of the hill to the finishing then to the refining taskmsater and then back to the refining table.. so i basically went in a long circle from refining table to the refining master lol maybe that was obvious not sure.. i found a better spot to do it though even though its in qualia and im a thestra guy..

anyone know of some lowkey crafting places in thestra? dont housing islands have crafting areas?

otehr than that im not sure how i got caught. In my new area I got it running about 24h and didnt get busted so far lol.

as far as how to configure it for best xp gain, im not sure either, I followed the managing stats post on vanguard crafters where it tells you what your skills should be each level so you achieve the most important progress/quality skills, ever since i did that it seems to have gone well but you must have friends or moeny to make/buy the equipment to get all your skills to your level x 10 atleast or higher
    this 50% bonus xp is awesome tho, set it up at 2 am lastnight and 14 hours later i was 34.. beginning at lvl 30 hehe

I've tried to use the sell option putting tons of names in it but didnt work well and just hung up on the "sell items" action and i had to remove the names to get the bot to keep goin
  59. spudman

spudman Active Member

You're asking questions that people won't generally answer. The general and most direct response is don't afk bot if you don't want to get caught/suspended, etc. That doesn't mean, by any means, that people don't. If you are going to, you're responsible for what your bot does and people who have them tweaked nicely often aren't going to share their locations, files, etc on how they got their because then everyone would be doing it in the same places, etc. Personally I tend to choose places that I think are the hardest to map out, because I know other people will tend to stay away because their bots gets stuck due to poor mapping.

I've seen people get stuck in SW a lot. My general response is to first take a big deep sigh and then discreetly send them tells say 'Hey!' to try and trigger alarms, such as those built into vgalarm or even the built in ones for vgcraftbot. If I don't get a response I figure they deserve what they get because not only are they afk botting, but they aren't anywhere in earshot of hearing their alarms, etc. If they do respond, I offer them a friendly reminder to do a better job of debugging their 'automated assistance' before leaving it run on their own. I never call them out to the general public, although I think some botters deserve it. The other thing is, yes, there are people out there that are just itching to down the botters and if you've got one of theirs attention, then they are most likely on a rampage to weed you out. Yet another reason to keep an eye on your bots.

Also regarding the 'managing your stats' post, that is really only a guideline. I'd say to make sure you're understanding why the original poster is taking that route for stats, etc. rather than blindly follow it. Make sure to try and keep your actual stats balanced with gear though. The level x10 is also a guideline. I know that a few of my chars that are 50 aren't lvl x 10 on the PS/Reas/Ing/Fin. I'll usually get a few of them over (because there's just more gear available, such as reasoning) and the other few might be something like 470+. I still have no problem with that. In general, I've only used dropped gear, so you don't 'need' a lot of money/friends, but it would certainly help.

Not sure what your selling issue is. Last I knew it worked fine.

Housing islands did have an issue because both taskmasters had the same name. Somewhere I posted a pseudo fix for that issue, either in this thread or the moving and mapping thread. Can't remember.
  60. DrmChld

DrmChld Active Member

Not really feedback...

I have found a place in Thestra where it is wide open and outdoors for crafting. Now I need to find a good place like this in Qalia. Somewhere outside in a remote location with no doors.

If you know of a good spot please PM it so its not public :)

Thanks!
  61. lostsk8r

lostsk8r Active Member

Thanks for the information, yeah I tend to sleep then go to bed. I know theres good spots I've seen them, so I'm gonna stick to it. Right now I cant use it, keeps saying cannot resolve www.reality.net then closes the script.. so i guess whatever patch website it uses is down and not working? I feel like the template from managing stats helps me alot with doing diffult/moderate things
    plus the bot has higher success rate, before this i'd wake up with 200 recipes 200 failed.. now i wake up with like 450 recipes and maybe 20 failed (those being the difficult ones)

works now
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  62. Brigand

Brigand Active Member

Having a bit of trouble when making usable items...

I will start with a full stack of 25 of the main utility item. It will pass the utility step fine, leaving about 7 or 5 of the utility. Then during the course of the rest of the recipe, it will use that same utility to cure complications. It will get near the end and a complication will come up but there will not be enough of the utility to cure the complication. Instead of using another cure, it will end the recipe with an out of items message, wasting the materials and dusts. I have unchecked the "check for items" button with no help.

If someone has the time, please look over the item checking code. Even if it just paused when out of items instead of ending the recipe, it'd be a huge help.

Thanks.
  63. IeU

IeU Active Member

Yes, we all know there are TONS of bugs and things not working as they should be working.

People have to understand that Xeon, the dev of this wonderful script, probably stopped playing vanguard and as also stopped supporting this script.

So by posting: "Oh this does not work, please fix !"

it will not get you anywhere until someone comes here and resupport this script.
  64. lostsk8r

lostsk8r Active Member

Yeah I wouldn't use it to do single recipes, I used it only for that when I was doing society quests, I've noticed by doing some myself and then watching the program that it doesn't do things the most efficient way, such as when it gets me grade A difficult WO items, it uses the single utility quality progress action (the poweder looking one that gives NO progress, just high quality) instead of using the others that are like high progression, low quality etc.. therefore wasting some AP (atleast i believe so)

It's still good though, since I got unsuspended (last weds I got unsuspended was level 30) I've gotten up to 48 and a half on this 50% bonus xp, planning on being 50 by tomorrow morning.. no more worries of getting caught again then =) Dont think I'll plan on leveling another crafter, just wanted to have a 50 crafter, plus seems mineralogists are scarce, and i know my guild needs more artificers lol. Next stop is harvesting :p hoping thats a quick one.

In the progress though, I've gotten ATLEAST 12 sigils, I know I'ev gotten more because one time I watched it open a pack, hit loot all then it didnt loot the sigil because i had no drop confirmation on.. so I think in the last .. 1200 recipes (it tells oyu how many recipes you've done) i've gotten 12 sigils. Sometimes a pack will give me two sigils, today I watched one pack give two sigils, then it opened next one and gave another sigil, using managing stats on vanguardcrafter's and getting all skills to my level x 10 and keep attributes close to my level x 10 i've been able to do 100% dificults for the most part (granted my skills arelast my level x 10 + two more levels or so.. so im 48 now and i have most skills at 510. So maybe thats why I've gotten two yellow sigils in one pack, have yet to see a gold one far as i know (could have gotten one early when i didnt catch the confirmation shit) but yeah figured i'd post on the sigil stuff.. hoping its enough to get my rare jewelry recipes..

ps i loev this prog! dont think i could have ever sat here crafting, I think I've had it running for atleast 24 hours now.. its nuts i'd liek tos ee peoples faces when I'm yeah im level 50, I was just level 30 last weds.. lol not even a week. wtg xeon
  65. BillyBob

BillyBob Active Member

Anyone else crashing to desktop after upgrading to v1.11? This just started to happen to me within the last 2 hours. I have been trying to fix the problem on my main cpu. I just closed vgcraftbot on my bot cpu, then ran vgcraftbot again. I saw it was trying to upgrade to v1.11 and crashed to desktop. I hope this gets fixed pretty fast.
  66. Bottingass999

Bottingass999 Active Member

it is not the bot prog causing the crash to desktop, last time i used vgcraft was on 01/24/08 all was fine, but now there is a problem with the extension isxvg which is causing a crash on the startup sequence.

guess we have to wait for a small fix from ada.
  67. TheDon

TheDon Active Member

Having issues with some of the buttons in the GUI not being there, so i can not check the options i want... any ideas?
  68. Shino

Shino Active Member

Issues with lootin rewards.

I noticed after patch on the 5th that if you do a Batch all at grade A you cant loot the Supply pack for the reward. They have now changed it to where its no drop/no trade so you have to click it and confirm to get it. Just thought id let ya know thx for teh great program.
  69. Novaglarion

Novaglarion Active Member

if you change the loot options in the interface tab to pick them up without confirmation it's not a problem.
  70. TheDon

TheDon Active Member

what gives?
  71. spudman

spudman Active Member

blank gui - black gui - blank ui - black ui - no buttons - gui screwed up - no bot gui - skin problem - vgskin - and any other bot ui problems are usually related to this, which has been mentioned throughout several threads...

http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821

Hopefully this reply will come back in peoples searches, that is if they actually searched. 8 days between your posts. I doubt you looked all that hard, but that's just me I guess.
  72. Bottingass999

Bottingass999 Active Member

bot is still k to use, just be careful where u use it, my suggested places depends on which continent u want to grind/craft

Kojan: well there is actually not a single good high lvl spot for lvl 1-30 i guess tawar galan although there are lot´s of ppl usually but i never had any probs there(using the bot over and over again for alreay 4+ months) and only got 1 suspension so far cuz some "xx" player reported me while i was running all the time in a fence in southwatch. he even made a crappy video of that:)P

Qualia: well there quite some nice areas to bot, e.g. Infi Plats, Aghram, Varryn Dunes, Dragon`s Backbone, River Palace(Bounty Hunter Outpost), Tar Janashir or Jharru Flats(but jharru suxxs cuz the work oder npcs/util vendors etc are far of the crafting stations:)- Just be careful how u map those areas and do not forget to use "add door button" and avoid double cross lines(check mapping issues thread for that on the site here)

Thestra: one of my favorite continents:
    for kojan faction -> go to the deebs and travel to the crafting area it is quite a bunch west of the riftway around 500meters or so.

for leth nurae faction u can go to wardship of the moon(nice for blacksmiths) or veskal`s exchange for artificers and outfitters

for bc faction u have nice choices, u can try bc in the city of course for lowbies and later move on to southwatch, but hell this outpost is full of fences so be careful there or ravanged coast which is far east housing area but very good for all kind of crafters.

for nt faction your only way is to grind in nt, it is not bad but many doors and sometimes it lags badly or cashes crashes:)p

there are also some nice places like fisher`s pen for tursh/rindol field faction and traboh island which is 1 chunk away of APW, west of APW chunk:)p and konathari point is quite k too if u want to go grind faction for those 2 citis close to konathari(dakhanarag and halgarad)
  73. Wassup

Wassup Active Member

Only Issue I have now

I am running into an issue where my Measuring Stick is not being found during crafting. There is a Typo in the item name so maybe that is the problem.

MeasuringStick of Pulverization is the name, which is missing the space between Measuring and Stick.
  74. rodgek

rodgek Active Member

hey guys i having problems, I running on vista and it runs as admin.

But the interface is all over place, I tryed the donet vgskin thing that does not work. I can select all places and NPC's but when i press start it tells me its starting then nothing.

I am new at this but tell me i not doing something silly.
  75. spudman

spudman Active Member

This was actually brought up once before, but I think it was a different misspelled tool name. Anyway, if you search for 'measuring stick' you'll actually find an answer, but here's the workaround I posted a looong time ago. The person I was helping never posted whether or not it worked, I just assumed it did...

http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9519&postcount=160
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.