Fleet Assist Bot

kagato719

I'm looking for beta testers of my fleet assist bot. It currently follows the designated FleetCommander and shoot at targets targeting the fleet commander.
Here is what is needed to run the bot:
* isxeve
* Questor and directeve - The damage dealer combat code is based off questor and it currently has dependencies that I haven't removed yet.

Disclaimer:
This bot only has been run on my PC. It does sometimes crash. Use at your own risk.

Current test status:
* I use it with up to 2 alts to help me with level 4 missions. Have been running it for a few weeks.

The attachment descriptions:
* FleetAssist.exe - The fleet assist bot.
* questor.zip - should contain the binaries and other files for questor. If you already have questor installed, then you only need the fleetassist.exe.
* FC-template.xml - a sample template file that represents my Fleet commander. Please remember to change the name of the file to <TOONNAME>.xml

Instructions:
* Download the FleetAssist.exe into the InnerSpace\.NET Programs folder.
** If you do not have questor, then the fleetassist.zip into the same folder - you don't need to replace any files if you already have them.
* Setup the template file for both your Fleet commander and damage dealer. Please remember to rename the files after your toon. Ex. <TOONNAME>.xml
** There is a new tag called - <fleetAssistRole>FleetCommander</fleetAssistRole> or <fleetAssistRole>DamageDealer</fleetAssistRole>, please use the correct set for the roles that you want the character to be.
* Start the fleet assist with the fleet commander (character that is being followed) by typing "dotnet fleetassist"
* Start the fleet assist with the damage dealer (character that is following) by typing "dotnet fleetassist"
* They should connect and auto fleet up.
* Set the state of the fleet assist gui for the damage dealer to "GoToFC" - This state will cause the bot the follow the fleet commander. It will auto combat when close to the fleet commander.

And that should be it. Let me know what problems exist.

Attachments

Last edited:

LRonSmith

Thank you for posting this. I played with questor a while back and was impressed. Any chance you would post your source code?

In the spirit of sharing, I implemented similar functionality with isxeve by making an EVE version of EQ2Commander (isxgames svn) with a button for the below function which when used by the FC passes a list of targets to fleet members. I have not used this in around 2 years so some isxeve methods may require updated syntax but, it worked great. The fleet members would run evebot in ratter mode with targeting and idle/warp commented out so that they were ready to attack any target given. Attached are both the supporting scripts that the FC executed as well as the scripts the members were told to execute via innerspace relay from the FC.

Code:
function AssistToggle()
{
	if ${Assisting} == FALSE
	{
		Assisting:Set[TRUE]
		UIElement[EVE Panel].FindChild[GUITabs].FindChild[Main].FindChild[Assist].Font:SetColor[FF32CD32]
		RunScript EVEPanel/fleet_dictate_targets
	}
	else
	{
		Assisting:Set[FALSE]
		UIElement[EVE Panel].FindChild[GUITabs].FindChild[Main].FindChild[Assist].Font:SetColor[FFFF0000]
		EndScript fleet_dictate_targets
		Relay "all other" RunScript EVEPanel/fleet_unlock_all_targets
	}
}

Attachments

kagato719

Thanks to the feedback from a beta tester. I've fixed some critical bugs:
* Hanging/crash issue has been resolved. The issue was with the UI logger not running on the UI thread. Since it was the logger, I didn't get any exceptions :)
* Auto fleet code has been improved to be more robust

You only need to update the FleetAssist.exe file.

kagato719

Thanks for replying! I plan to share the code eventually. What's blocking me from sharing is the following:
* My current git repo has too much private information. I need to create a cleaner repo without my private information hardcoded in :)
* I need to clean up my code. It's too messy for me right now. I was a Java developer and this is my first C# project. The naming conventions between the 2 languages are very different.
* I want to decouple my code from Questor. Currently it requires Questor to compile.
* Build configuration is tied to my development PC. Need to make that generic. Mostly it's due to the external dependency of Questor.

Thank you for posting this. I played with questor a while back and was impressed. Any chance you would post your source code?

In the spirit of sharing, I implemented similar functionality with isxeve by making an EVE version of EQ2Commander (isxgames svn) with a button for the below function which when used by the FC passes a list of targets to fleet members. I have not used this in around 2 years so some isxeve methods may require updated syntax but, it worked great. The fleet members would run evebot in ratter mode with targeting and idle/warp commented out so that they were ready to attack any target given. Attached are both the supporting scripts that the FC executed as well as the scripts the members were told to execute via innerspace relay from the FC.

Code:
function AssistToggle()
{
	if ${Assisting} == FALSE
	{
		Assisting:Set[TRUE]
		UIElement[EVE Panel].FindChild[GUITabs].FindChild[Main].FindChild[Assist].Font:SetColor[FF32CD32]
		RunScript EVEPanel/fleet_dictate_targets
	}
	else
	{
		Assisting:Set[FALSE]
		UIElement[EVE Panel].FindChild[GUITabs].FindChild[Main].FindChild[Assist].Font:SetColor[FFFF0000]
		EndScript fleet_dictate_targets
		Relay "all other" RunScript EVEPanel/fleet_unlock_all_targets
	}
}

guardian

I really appreciate people looking to code assistance type programs, as I am personally not one to fully bot.

However the reliance on questor / java etc is a deal breaker for me.

For example evebot is a minimal intrusion type program, stays inside the client and is easier to handle thenstealthbot with all the extra windows it pops up. I love Tiny's program YAMFA cause it says inside the client and provides very useful features that CCP should have just added to the client anyways to support multiboxers.

If your able to code something similar in nature I would love to test it for you often.

Top Bottom