ISXIM -- Instant Messenger support for InnerSpace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
ISXIM
by Amadeus

ISXIM provides InnerSpace users with support for the following "messenger" protocols:

- IRC
ISXIM provides all of the tools necessary to transform a script into a fully-featured multi-threaded IRC client to rival any on the internet. ISXIM is also packaged with two highly documented sample scripts that show users how to connect to a server multiple times in the same IS session, join multiple channels, and manage the 16+ events that ISXIM produces. All in all, it is the answer that every IRC user has been searching for.

- Yahoo
Although still in the development stages, Yahoo Messenger support in ISXIM provides users with the ability to log into the Yahoo network, send/receive IMs, acquire buddy lists/information and more. Although the Yahoo support in ISXIM is sufficient for the needs of most gamers, development will continue with more features (such as webcam support, conferences, etc.) added in the future.

ISXIM will always be in development, with new protocol support added periodically. As of right now, the plan is to work on adding the following instant messenger protocols in the near future:
- MSN

For now, ISXIM is free for all InnerSpace users.

Acquisition
Installer: ISXIM

Confirm that InnerSpace is properly installed on the target system and then just install ISXIM. ISXIM will update itself to the latest version (if applicable) every time it is loaded. The current patch notes are always available here.

Last edited:

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
In order to correct some potential security issues, I've updated the IRCSample1.iss and YahooSample1.iss scripts that are included with ISXIM.

At the same time, I updated the IRCSample1 script to have a few more bells and whistles. I have not tested it very much, so feel free to let me know if you come across any bugs.

It's included in the installer, but I'll also attach it to this message. Here is the syntax for the new sample IRC script:

Code:
   echo "-------------------------------" 
   echo "* Syntax:  'run IRCSample1 [flags] SERVER_NICK_PAIRS ..."
   echo "*          'run IRCSample1 [flags] SERVER_NICK_PASSWORD_COMBOS ..."
   echo "*"
   echo "* Flags:   '-c CHANNEL'"
   echo "*          '-c CHANNEL PASSWORD'"
   echo "*"
   echo "* Examples:"
   echo "*      run IRCSample1 -c #mychannel irc.lavishsoft.com MyNick"
   echo "*      run IRCSample1 -c #mychannel -c #myotherchannel irc.lavishsoft.com MyNick MyNickPassword"
   echo "*      run IRCSample1 -c #mychannel MyChannelPassword -c #myotherchannel irc.lavishsoft.com MyNick MyNickPassword irc.lavishsoft.com MyOtherNick"
   echo "*"
   echo "* Notes:  This script is very basic, so, while it supports joining a variety of servers with multiple nicks (you"
   echo "*         can have as many SERVERADDRESS_USERNAME_PAIRS as you wish,) it will join all of the channels given on"
   echo "*         nick.  Obviously this could be easily fixed with a more involved script -- this one is just a 'sample'"
   echo "-------------------------------"
It should handle registering you with nickserv without hard editing now as long as you enter the password in the initial "run" command showing above.

Attachments

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
April 4, 2010

Updated installer file (attached to the first posting in this thread) to include all necessary DLLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom