Searching For A Working Ratter Bot

helldarth

I am searching for a good ratter bot like ComBot was, I am not interested in mining (wasting time and money)

When some of you guy's know a good ratting bot please tell me.

helldarth

Sad, no one have a functioning ratting bot, combot was good, but no is gone, like StealthBot all good things are gone. I have no time to develop my own bot (to much work) and to hold up an InnerSpace sub, plus isxeve for some mining stuff is not worth i think. Maybe i am wrong on this :)

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Yes, as of right now, the only script in active development is https://www.isxgames.com/f/threads/isxbjeve-astro-bot-open-beta.7739/ However, EVEBot is open-source (on github) and should still work (or, at least should work with some modification.)

Otherwise, yes, someone would have to recreate combot or stealthbot. You could try really hard getting in contact with Stealthy and beg him to release stealthbot open source (on github) ...but, otherwise, there aren't a lot of current options.

The irony is that ISXEVE itself still supports everything it always did, plus a lot more new features that very few (if any) bots ever utilized. ISXEVE is also more stable than ever. So, all it would take is a motivated individual with time and they could recreate combot or stealthbot and make it even better than it ever was.

helldarth

Hi Amadeus,

Thank you for your response, this start to motivate me to write my self a specific process automation. Now is my question what would be better: to invest time to learning LavishScript for ISXEVE or go directly the C++ / C# development way.

I had good knowledge base on C/C++ and Assembler and old school Fortran, the big problem is never used VS, i program for big IBM and NCR Mainframes.

What you think?

I very thank full every advice.

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Generally speaking, Lavishscript is a lot more reliable and stable than trying to do a bot in C#. The reason for this is that EVE is primarily written in Python, and Python doesn't often play well with others. ISXEVE has a LOT of extra code/time/energy put into making sure that InnerSpace+Scripts can coexist with EVE.

My suggestion is to check out EVEBot on github, and look through it carefully (you could also check out the other, more simple Lavishscript EVE scripts on github...like my own EVESalvage script.) Lavishscript is pretty straightforward and shouldn't be hard at all for someone with experience in other languages.

You might also check out extensive Lavishscript examples that were written for ISXEQ2 or ISXVG. They're also on github. The games might be completely different, but the logic and examples of how to do things in Lavishscript should be useful.

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
You're welcome to make updates directly to EVEBot (or EVESalvage) if you like. If you instigate pull requests on github, I'll merge with the repository. As long as the additions are enhancing the scripts (making them better and/or easier to use), doesn't break anything already in it, and doesn't make it harder for people to use or understand, then I'm happy to integrate changes/updates into the official repository.

Honestly, EVEBot has just been waiting for someone to come along and take over development of it. It's just sat there since the last person stopped, so it shouldn't be THAT far off and/or difficult to get going again with some time and patience.

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Unfortunately, I have not had the time to update the ISXEVE wiki (http://forge.isxgames.com/projects/isxeve/wiki) It looks like it was last updated in 2014.

However, the ISXEVEChanges.txt file that comes with ISXEVE is always updated every time that something new is added, etc. So, you may have to just read through that file one patch at a time to see what all has changed and/or has been added. (If you'd like to update the wiki as you go, let me know and I'll give you access!)

I tend to do updates to ISXEVE in "spurts". So, you'll probably notice a lot of new features and things added all at once when going through the file, and then a long time with nothing changed/added/etc.

You can also look through the closed issues at this link to see bugs that were fixed and/or feature requests that were implemented in the past few years.

helldarth

Thank you Amadeus for the information. I started to dissect EVEBot and EVESalvage, also Cyber gave me the link for the .dll file that is use by ComBot, but some how my VS cant compile.
Normaly i use XE4 RAD Studio from Borland, but i will try to install the new VS, maybe it will work.

Corky

I'm currently working on a ratting bot for null and low sec, I'm going to try and tie it in with intel channels for safety.

helldarth

Corky very nice thx for the info, i am also developing some application. But i need to figure it out first why paypal not allowing me to pay for the isxeve subscription.

helldarth

PayPal want me to add a new CC, and this must be an USD Card. PayPal is a fucking retarded company, but I ordered now a USD CC from my bank so it will work again :)

helldarth

:) it works, but I am not shore that I stay with isxeve and innerspace. Most of the bot development stopped or not public and it is questionable to invest time to develop some scripts. For so named multi boxing i dont need InnerSpace, so not much speaks for spending money on this two modules.

Divver

As hard as it may appear to learn Lavish Script, just learn C# instead and write a .NET bot.

The C# route is a much better investment of your time and will serve you well in the future in terms of developing desktop applications or if you ever wanted to use Unity Engine for example, as well as the fact the language is very similar to other popular languages.

Top Bottom