Discussion in 'Scripts (LavishScript)' started by mmoaddict, Jan 25, 2009.

1. mmoaddict

mmoaddict Original Script Author: VGA

This is the feedback thread for the VGA project created by Mmoaddict . Please feel free to post issues and wish lists here for the project. The download can be found here

http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3078

How to use it.
    Main Screen
    Set Assist Button - Sets your defensive target as the player you want to assist
    Set Follow Button - Sets your defensive target as the player you want to follow
    Auto Assist - Will auto assist your assist players when the mob is equal to or below the pct you enter.. 97 is normal
    Auto Follow - Will autofollow your follow player at the distance you specify
    Move to Target - will move within melee range to the target when the target gets below the % health you specify
    Face Target - will cause your charactor to face the target
    Slow Attacks - will slow down your attacks so 10 would cause the script to wait 1 second before doing another attack
    Slow Heals 100th sec - Will slow the check time for heals. This is because our UI doesnt see a heal right as it lands causing double casting. 3400 is normal
    Repair Sell - Click this when you are at a vendor to repair your gear and sell items on your sell list
    Mob Parse - is a summary of your dps
    Log Window - Can be used in Debug Mode, ActionLog (list of what you cast and do), Parser (damage to the mob)
    Pause Button - Pauses the script. Is checked every round
    Quit - Closes the script

Main-Mobs
    This is where you place mobs in their resist/healby type. Higher levels in the game have a lot of mobs that are healed by certain spells and worse yet buffed by certain spells. For Instance, a "Ice Elemental" is healed by ice on the bridge of destiny. When you have the "Ice Elemental Targeted" click the ice button and it will add him to the list of ice mobs.

Main - BuffWatch
    As you advance into a raiding guild nothing is more annoying than missing a buff that you really need. Buff Watch allows you to keep track of buffs. Temporary buffs would be things like the Cleric DPS boost. Diplo buffs would help you track when you have the right diplo buffs on, and Buffs you track pull from your current list of buffs and allow you to track them. Click the Check Buffs and you should be able to ask the raid for whatever buff you normally want on your char. Clicking hte check buff also refreshes the pull down lists to add in any addition buffs just cast on you.

Main - Sell
    This area keeps a list of everything you normally sell to a vendor. Currently there is a little bug where you ahve to sell 2 or 3 times to a vendor to clean out your entire inventory. At least it does for me as i typically have 100s of items i dump on vendors .

Healer-Main
    This is a large healer screen that lets you set custom heals for all the people in your group. The check box controls who you are watching. Instant, sm, big and hot are single heals, GI is group instant heal and GH is Group Heal. if you set say 4 peoples GI to 40. When more than 2 people get below 40. You will group instant heal. Buff will go through a buff routine and buff that person. Stone will pass that person a stone

Healer Buff
    Set all your heal spells here. You can also set up your buffs. Mix your group buffs and single buffs together. You can also set your res stone and as soon as i can get to it.. I will put back in the feature to autores the dead.

Combat Main
    Turn off attack - Often times you need to stop attacking mobs when they go furious. This will do that
    Dispell Buffs - This will cause you to stop normal combat routine and dispell buffs that the mob has on them just entering "Enchantment" will work for most dispells
    Stance Push - Not tested much but should push stances when the mob is buffed with a name of a stance you enter
    Clickies - This will attempt to click any clickie that is ready and in your list. Remember you MUST make a hotkey for that clickie somewhere in your UI in order for this to work
    CounterSpells - This will stop casting and auto counterspell specificed spells that the mob casts

Combat-Spells
    Opening Spell Sequence - This is the opening sequence you perform on a mob. It goes through each ability in order and will not crit after
    Combat Spell Sequence - This is your main combat sequence. It will try each ability one right after another. 1 - 2 - 3 not 1, 1-2 , 1-2-3 Like kbot did
    AOE Spells - if more than 2 targets are attacking you your char will try to AOE the mob. This is ahead of Combat Sequence in the order
    CombatBuffs - If you combat buff is not on. It will do this before combat spells
    Debuff Spells - This is the first thing it looks for after opening. Get those debuffs up

Combat Melee
    Same as spells - Just melee centered

Combat Crits
    Combat Crits - This is your main crits area. Will try in order 1, 1-2, 1-2-3
    Dots Crits - Will do these to dot the mob
    Buff Crits - For self or group buffs
    AOE Crits - Will only do these with more than 2 mobs
    Counter Attacks - Will do these when they pop and you have agro

Combat Evade
    Evade Sequence 1 . When you pull agro on yourself.. this is the sequence you do to try and drop agro
    Evade Sequence 2. If sequence 1 was not successfult.. Try again with another seqeunce
    Involun1 below . Do this when your health is below a certain level
    Involun2 below. When the first doesnt work and you drop below this next level. Use this involn
    FD Below. If you are an FD class this will FD you when you are below...

Abilities
    This is where you set your abilities to the type of spell damage they cause. In the future, i think we can just make this an informational window and you wont have to set up your spells manually. But. In the case of the "Ice Elemental" You have to come here and make sure "Ice Blast" is set up as an Ice Spell. That way.. ice blast will never cast on the Ice Elemental

Triggers
    Triggers are where you will do burst damage sequences. We still need some help from amadeus on this part cause we need weaknesses in isx before we can use this section.
    mmo
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  2. Sharedor

Sharedor Active Member

Maybe i just haven't found it, but i miss a function where i can save the settings for a character. when i click the quit-button and restart the script, i need to recalibrate all the settings.

more then 1 save-slot per char would be great, too. so we can save different settings for several situations.

but anyway: the assistant looks real great :)
  3. mmoaddict

should be saving automatically by charactor name in a sub folder in scripts\vga\save

Some of the settings save for all chars, like your sell list and your list of mobs according to type. Multi saving wouldnt be too difficult to manage. I will think about what it will take to make that a reality
  4. Sharedor

Sharedor Active Member

i see.
    i had no save-folder and needed to create it myself. no it is saving :)

1 thing is missing anyway: a possibility to add and deactivate the self-cannibalize. (for shammys)
  5. mmoaddict

ya forgot i hard coded that for our shammy. I will make that adjustable
  6. Sharedor

Sharedor Active Member

something more :)

a automatic pet-attack maybe? :)

and after playing a day: could you make the mainwindow a bit (a LOT) smaller?
    it would be good enough if the parser and log-window are on another tab.
    so the mainwindow only has the essential-infos like pause, quit, follow, assist, move to target... i want to see a bit of the world out there, too :) (playing on 1200x1024)

and can you explain how the groupheals work? when all get under the marked amount of percentage of health or only one player?
    and how i adjust it at 24 players so the heal proc only when MY group is low on health?

and as the last (in this post):
    i would like it to add another heal on the bars. a smaller one for the cloth-wearer.
    i ever need them to give them a higher percentage around 80. but a normal heal is too much and costs too much mana. so it would be great if i can add a smaller one, too =)

a stance-switcher would be great, too.
    so if the group gets engaged, an offensive stance (or a song for bards) gets in, and after a fight the normal stance (or song) is choosen.
    that would be good for bards and bloodmages =)

(i hope you know what i mean. english isn't my native language)

thats actually all that catched my eye =)
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  7. Akku

Akku Active Member

I modified VGShaman so that he switches his forms that are best for the actual action he wants to do next.
    So you can enchance his dmg/reduce manacosts usw
    Its possible to build this in vga by you or should i go and try to build it in on my own and give you the code afterwarts ( if im successfull )
    Here is some sample code from my VGShm script:
    The forms are definded like all other spells in VGShm
    Code (Text):

this is a part of the combatroutine when he checks for debuffs
    ;===============================================
            if (${doSlow} && !${Me.TargetDebuff[${Slow1}](exists)} && ${Me.TargetHealth}>=20 && ${Me.Target.HaveLineOfSightTo} && ${Me.Encounter}<3)
            {
                call FormCast
                Me.Ability[${Slow1}]:Use
                call MeCasting
                return
            }
            if (${doDebuff} && !${Me.TargetDebuff[${Debuff1}](exists)} && ${Me.TargetHealth}>=20 && ${Me.Target.HaveLineOfSightTo} && ${Me.Encounter}<3)
            {
                call FormMelee
                Me.Ability[${Debuff1}]:Use
                call MeCasting
                return
            }

;================================================
    function FormHeal()
    {
            if (!${Me.CurrentForm.Name.Equal[${DefaultForm}]})
               {
            Me.Form[${DefaultForm}]:ChangeTo
            }
    }
    function FormCast()
    {
            if (!${Me.CurrentForm.Name.Equal[${SHMFormCast}]})
               {
            Me.Form[${SHMFormCast}]:ChangeTo
            }
    }
    function FormMelee()
    {
            if (!${Me.CurrentForm.Name.Equal[${SHMFormMelee}]})
               {
            Me.Form[${SHMFormMelee}]:ChangeTo
            }
    }
  8. mmoaddict

i can build that into vga. No need to double up that work. I will spend some time this morning making this a bit more shaman friendly :)

The forms idea will be really nice in VGA. every time you attempt to cast any kind of heal/attack spell/buff. etc.. VGA sends that ability type to the execution function. From there.. all i have to do is tell it.. to swap forms based off the type of spell being cast. Which will be nice cause it will work for any class
  9. Sharedor

Sharedor Active Member

but this won't work for bloodmages - their stance-switching have a global cooldown.
    for them the code needs to be a bit different.
    like for a bard a in-combat stance/song and one for out of combat

maybe with a on/off/type switch? :)
  10. asiatic74

asiatic74 Active Member

MMO addict I just downloaded and testing in game a little. All I can say wow.. i'm impressed thus far.

More feedback to come,
  11. Abigor09

Abigor09 Active Member

Is there a way to adjust the timing of the HoT's with clerics? It kept casting the HoT as soon as the target was dropping to what I had set. Maybe time the HoT and not recast until the spell has 2 seconds left or something?
  12. asiatic74

asiatic74 Active Member

I notice when I have my healer on just follow and heal, it will often times get stuck in combat if it gets hit, and I have to manually turn off auto attack and it will continue on fine.

I couldn't find a setting in game to turn off auto attack if attacked. Could I do something with VGA to make it make sure auto attack is off? Otherwise at times the heal bot gets stuck on a dead corpse.
  13. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

Does VGA support the 'chain' ability? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Also, I don't really understand what these combat crit things are ...is that something that comes along later in the game?

--

Also, I don't see where it does any healing of yourself if you're not grouped... Where is that set?

Yea, it appears as though it works fine if you're in a group, but the script doesn't handle solo healer. You need to fix it so that it still populates the first "healee" even when you're not grouped.

---

Also, why is it not saving the main assist? It should save from last time you set it and stay the same until you set it again (or, unless the pawn doesn't exist).
  14. Abigor09

Abigor09 Active Member

I noticed this was happening too.
  15. asiatic74

asiatic74 Active Member

I worked around the healer getting hit and stuck in combat issue - just have him set to melee, even low health - the routine does a check and sticks a lot less.

The healing routine is really good, great job there.

How do you handle playing custom Bard songs? Can I type it in somewhere like /play <song>?

A few other wishes:
    - Loot option
    - one time spell / melee ability like on open, but does it once per mob not in the beginning but like at 50% OR do a mana / endurance check - so you can put them in your regular combat routine, but it skips if your mana is low or endurance is low etc.
  16. Amadeus

Also -- find me on IRC or something at some point so I can add this to the isxGames SVN and that will avoid having to make .zip files all of the time ...people can just update from there.
  17. Allblacks

Allblacks Active Member

MMO, I don't know if this is specific to my system/setup but i was having problems with VGA not loading my clerics pre-defined setup at the vga startup ( reverted back to blank settings ).
    One thing i have noticed, if i run Vgcraftbot before VGA the saved settings load, don't know if this helps or confuses but it's my workaround.

Thanks for the app works like a charm for a monk/cleric 2 box...
  18. asiatic74

asiatic74 Active Member

Allbacks - the reason it is blank is that you need to load ISXVG extension first.

If you run the other program first, it loads 'ext isxvg' if it isn't loaded.

If you run VGA first and ISXVG is not loaded it will load ISXVG but it will load a blank template - not the saved one.

You can test this by manually clicking '`' for innerspace and typing 'ext isxvg' then after it loads type "run VGA".
  19. Allblacks

Allblacks Active Member

SLAP, sometime's i just dont think
  20. BillyBob

BillyBob Active Member

Any know CTD problems with this? I have been trying to set it up since Kbot stopped working on me last night. I load up the program just fine. As I am editting, filling in my skills, and trying to learn the program I CTD with no crash error. I have had this happen about a dozen times. I never CTD in VG, well not in over a year. If I run any other scripts I am ok or if I load VG normal I am ok. Any ideas on whats going wrong?
  21. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

i started with VGA this morning and did have 1 random crash to desktop. Ive only loaded it up afew times tho.

I do not see a place for DoT's, I also dont see where i can summon pets or necropsy. As a nec these are kinda important.

Also kbot had a porting function and the speed run clicky. Can these be incorporated? Also the port to safe spot at a certain life percentage.

the buffs say tracking but when i try to add my own buffs i dont see alot of them
    I get power of the grave, my racial, my LoD necklace. Missing bonemail, corruption, enduring breath and death shroud.

Also a pull ability/spell would be nice.
  22. mordacai

mordacai Active Member

Porting and Speed were basically removed from ISXVG by Ama those features have not been available for some time( By request only I believe, with the knowledge that they were catching people for this).

I guess I will be the one to ask, MMO do you intend on adding lavishnav to your script with the intention of it being used as a solo hunting/killing bot? Kbot broke, so far no one has been able to figure it out.
  23. mmoaddict

I have a lot of fixes in the new version. I will get to uploading the new version later tomorrow or wednesday. Work decided to slam me with a bunch of programming requests so sadly my isxvg programming has to be on hold.

I think i have that stopping thing fixed up, Dots are part of the Debuff.. They act the same as debuffs anyway. HOT heals need a delay for recause.. so i will look at adding that. I have made the front screen a lot smaller. Added Autoloot function. Made Class Tab that will have class specific items in it.

mmo
  24. BillyBob

BillyBob Active Member

Fix the CTD? I can not have this script more than 5 minutes before I get a CTD.
  25. Amadeus

mmoaddict you got my PM about vga on the isxGames SVN? Let's do that so when little things are fixed people can update right away :)

If you're getting a CTD, you need to give some information, http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2348 ..tells you how to give that information.

If you're crashing it's usually an isxvg thing, not a script thing.
  26. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

as a assist bot i can see tremendous leaps here with your script. It's the solo grind part thats going to be harder it seems.

Great work as always tho MMO
  27. mmoaddict

Ok i have the svn stuff all working.. new version is up and has a lot of fixes. Looting, smallerscreen, logs, class window (empty atm), Since amadeus has generiously worked on weakening.. i am going to just put in a few basic class specific things but then jump right on the triggers stuff for increased dps.

As for the solo grind thing. I have a little trick you might like. I use Kbot to find mobs and pull the mob with a ranged ability or bow shot. Once you are in combat.. VGA takes over and does all its stuff. Kbot also handes sitting down and eating food for me as well, but i run both scripts now for leveling up.

mmo
  28. mmoaddict

uploaded fix for clickies..
    Changed the uploads to not include the general files..
  29. ACiDXiAN

ACiDXiAN Active Member

some issues.

Anyone else having issues with the overall UI being all balck and blue (default no skin) and none of the boxes populated with anythign at all.

I thought it was me as I was working on some scripting of my own, so figured ah hell I will just reinstall ISX and innerpsace etc etc, my eq2 is working fine, old scripts are working fine but VGA wont run at all, I have to run vga/vga as the main vga.iss in the scripts folder come back with an error on runscript vga/vga in the main. Any ideas?

Okay, must be somethign serisuly wrong on my end as now all my windows are messed up except he ones I wrote when I redid the vgskin.xml and all the graphics. I used SVN, to update and all that, now vgcraft from there is all fubared as well now. did somethign change recently again with the vgskin or did I frig it up (cant see how as I didd a totally clean reinstall, and they were working all except vga before I reinstalled)

Now this is totally in the wrong place I think as its not a VGA related issue but a any script related issue.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  30. mmoaddict

awhile back there was alot of changes to how skins work. I know scripts had problems cause many old scripts defaulted to the wrong location or were missing the folder skins..

Here download this file and unpack it in your \innerspace\interface directory. Make sure you have make sure vgskin.xml is in the root of the interface directory and the skins folder creates iteself.. etc

Attached Files:

31. Amadeus

32. Amadeus

mmoaddict -- couple bugs with the latest version:

• If you're a healer and not grouped, the "HealerMain" tab will show everything as NULL (ie, it's not handling a solo healer properly.)
    • The Main.MainT UI tab is not as wide as the other tabs.
    By the way, what does "MainT" stand for?
  33. Amadeus

Also -- I updated the zip file on the release thread to have the .svn directory so that it will have the SVN icon for folks.

The zip file should be fine now forever :)
  34. ACiDXiAN

ACiDXiAN Active Member

Thansk Amadeus, I cant figure out for the life of me why that happened, but forever is a good frame of reference now :)
    and yes I feel very gimp due to that ..
  35. mmoaddict

New Version.. Bard Class Basic stuff is in.. Fix for autoattack and some of teh crashing
  36. Amadeus

Ok -- I added a new EVENT to ISXVG tonight that will allow for very easy reaction to Combat Reactions (ie: Counters, Chains, etc..) ...all without having to enter any spells into the UI. If you're reading this and rush over to update your VGA, be sure that you reload ISXVG (to update it) as well. You will need to be using ISXVG 20090205.0013 or later.

Anyway, I'm going to add code to VGA in order to show mmoaddict how easily these things can be used (it's a lot easier than trying to explain it.) So, as of tonight, VGA will do these things:
    1. Immediately use any 'Counter' or 'Chain' abilities (that are ready) before using any other ability.
    2. Echo in console that it is using a counter/chain ability (for testing ...mmoaddict can remove this when he's done.)
    mmoaddict and othes, here are the file/lines that you'll want to browse:
    • Act_GUI_Utility.iss - Lines 36-88
    • UTL_LavishEvents.iss - Lines 134-154
    • UTL_Variables.iss - 175-188
    It should be pretty easy from that script to see how you can add "Rescues" and/or make any tweaks that you think would make sense. I don't have a melee character, so I can't test anything else.

Also, I did put in these two variables (as you'll see) "DoCountersASAP" and "DoChainsASAP", which are set to TRUE by default. I can't imagine why someone wouldn't want to have those as TRUE (since these abilities are instant cast) ..however, I suppose you could make it a toggle in the UI if you wanted to be fancy.

Anyway, I'm sure mmoaddict may tweak it out a bit and make it even more efficient/effective; however, just adding it in like this makes it much easier to explain how best to do this using events.

--------------
    Also, for mmoaddict:
    Take a look at what I did in vga.iss on line 188. You may want to look into that kind of logic for your other loops/checks since right now you're doing a LOT of stuff every frame :) ..that do/while loop was checking my buffs about 4 times a second with my framerate ..hehe. Anyway, I slowed the buff loop down to checking once per second. However, you might want to make that a UI option for folks with really slow systems ...they could have the script only check buffs (ie, downtimefunction()) every 5 seconds, or something like that if they wanted. I don't know about your other loops and/or whethery they would benefit from similar types of governering.
  37. mmoaddict

very cool stuff. Your right about those loops and such. VGA was written for me and my rl friends. The base system we use is quadcore cpu, 4gigs ram, and nice video cards. So some of the code might be a little sloppy just cause it doesnt slow us down. I will look over it and make it more computer friendly.

Rescues tend to be available all the time. The trick is you have to /targetoffensive. Be within 4 of the defensive target and the mob. Across the different chars, rescues do different things. Some add hate to yourself, Some Force the mob to target you. You cant force the target if he is buffed "force target immunity" Typically tanks do a sequence of abilities when agro switches not just counters.

In the critical code. How can you control which critical it is doing? Here are a few things that make crits difficult.

Paladins
    Paladins have crits that buff and crits that debuff. You only want to do the buff crits when the buff has dropped

Monks
    Monks have crit chains 5 deep. Typically they start down the crit chain 4 deep, then interupt the crit chain and do abilities like jin surge, and celerity to cause a "Burst Damage" of the last item in the chain.. Then they smack the 5th item in that chain.

Sorcs
    For max dps Sorcerers will prioritize Seradons Falling star before Criticals.

Rangers
    Oh geez, rangers are nuts how they stack damage.

Once you really get into "Max DPS" and "Bursting Damage" senarios this game gets pretty wild what people have to do.

mmo
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  38. scorpion1666

scorpion1666 Active Member

I guess for verification, is there a scroll bar in the drop down boxes? If so, I'll look at the files on my box and see if it's pointing a bad location for the skin again. From what I was looking at, it looked fine in the files. Which file might control the scroll bar/scrolling option in the drop downs? I do update the SVN everytime before usuage.
  39. mmoaddict

Yes every one has a scroll down.. all abilities should be in alpha order if you have a good install.

Just changed EVADE tab to read Agro.. added pushing agro, Rescues, and force target rescues

Next i gotta get on that shaman stuff.
  40. vah shir

vah shir Active Member

was using the newer version as of 30mins ago... i guess ya upgraded it again since the alpha upgrade.. version 1620 (latest as of 130am cst sunday) crashes the program. Nice upgrades from yesterday.. well done up till this one.

EDIT
    Fixed in version 1621.
  41. Amadeus

You guys have got to start being more helpful when you talk about bugs. Is the scripts crashing, or the game crashing? If it is the script, there should be shit spamming in the console for you to paste ...if it is the game then there should be an ISXVG text file pop up.

Clearly no one would have committed something to SVN that they didn't use, so without anything to help figure out what you're seeing, there's no way to help.

In fact, I just started up version 1620 with no problems at all ...so it must be something unique about your situation. Try deleting your character save file and recreate.
  42. Amadeus

Version 1622:

I made changes tonight that makes it easier for healers. First, the "Healer Main" window will now work properly if you're soloing. Secondly, "YOU" will always be #1 in the healer list, regardless of whether you're group leader or not, or whatever.

I wasn't able to test this very much tonight; however, it should work pretty well. However, if not, please report bugs here and then, if no one is around to fix it right away, you can always revert back to version 1621.
  43. mmoaddict

i am still working on agro control issues.. Auto rescuing is complex when you consider all the roles different classes should take on when agro moves off the tank.

as a side note. It actually is a good thing that agro control in VG is so complicated and difficult to be totally successful at. Mobs that are resistant to melee damage are especially difficult when you throw a sorcerer in the mix.
  44. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

Im getting this error this morning

C:/Program Files/InnerSpace/Scripts/vga.iss(94): Could not locate file C:/Program Files/InnerSpace/scripts/vga/Act_GUI_Healing.iss for preprocessing
    Preprocessing failed on C:\Program Files\InnerSpace\Scripts\vga.iss
    Failed to parse script 'C:\Program Files\InnerSpace\Scripts\vga.iss'

i checked via svn and everything is up to date
  45. Amadeus

No -- if you're getting that error, then you're not using the latest version.

Did you delete the file in /Scripts called /Scripts/vga.iss (like the install instructions tell you to do?)

*ALL* vga files should now be in /Scripts/vga ...and, if you open /Scripts/vga/vga.iss ..and go to line 94 ...you'll see nothing resembling what you're describing.
  46. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

ok i see where i fouled up. fix and seems to be working again.
  47. scorpion1666

I'm trying to find out a way to change stance when first attacking to ensure it's in a specific stance. This is for a rogue character to go into the stance "Stalking" (slash command it /combatformset). I do not see anything that references that (at least in the saves). Maybe something that calls for stance before it starts a tab like spells you can set a stance and combat you can set a stance. Or are you hard coding that in for class specifics (don't see that in any of the files of class stuff either).
  48. Amadeus

If you don't see it, then it means it's not there. And, if there is no one playing a rogue that is writing script, you may never see it. However, you could always start learning yourself and add it, and then submit the changes to mmoaddict to be included. Once the scripting is added, I do not mind going through and optimizing it.

Otherwise, you just have to make 'feature requests' and hope someone comes along to add it at some point. Right now it appears as though mmoaddict is taking care of bard and shaman (to some degree) and maybe sorcerer to some degree. I play a blood mage, so I will be adding blood mage stuff as well as I go along.
  49. mmoaddict

classes

Well.. i have a rogue and this script does pretty good for the rogue.. the stalking thing i do manually. the opening sequence is what i use to port behind the mob.. etc.

Rescues appear to be working now.. enjoy

There are 100s of things i would like to get done with vga.. just less time to play around scripting than i would like. Just keep requesting stuff.. and i will put it on the list. Next on my list is to get triggers working, Clickies list when below a certain health percent, and of course cleaning up programming stuff so amadeus stops complaining about wierd logic and inefficient looping!

mmo
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  50. scorpion1666

I'll check out some XML book or something(unless somebody has a good link to somewhere). I haven't created code in a long while so it might be a learning curve (along with busy life currently). I was figuring it wasn't there and yah, I use the opener to get behind with Smoke Trick. =D

EDIT -
    And thank you MMO for the coding/support of VGA!
    Also, looking @ Kbot for the stance part currently to see if there is a way.....
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  51. ACiDXiAN

ACiDXiAN Active Member

just noticing when using some of them with dots and some effects for melee (using a shaman specifically as I know MMO is doign Shaman stuff)

!${Me.TargetDebuff[${anIter.Key}](exists)} && !${Me.Effect[${anIter.Key}](exists)}

would both be helpful as I was recasting dots and using melee dots before they were wore off, perhaps (not sure though) if its possible to recast or reuse if 3 secs or less remains on the dot woudl be preferable.

Also under the Buffs, the one click buffs (Shaman one is Favor of the Protector) casts multiples and will just recast over and over if put in the buff list due to no real FotP effect but the while list of buffs.

Shaman formswitching woudl be nice as well, but setting it up with 3 pulldowns. Melee, Healing, Spell, as some overlap and work better for some shaman types better than others.

Shaman Summon pet or Use Skin would be nice as well.

Generic request: weapon switches, switch from a set of X to another set of Y when doign finishers etc, I use a Paladin and switch to 2 hander for finishers, then switch back, its a pain but it works nicely.

Not sure if Lazybuff takes this into accoutn but on bard and shaman you have toggled on effects (extra and self heal respective) would be nice to have those available under class or buff whatever.

I have some stuff I did before VGA was released, and it worked pretty good, I woudl be more than willing to send it to MMO if it woudl help at all, most was based on the fact I use a Bard, Paladin and Shaman the most.
  52. mmoaddict

stances / Forms up..

dot and debuffs might be confusing in the code.. I used to have them separate.. then i just changed it to CombatBuffs and Debuff.. without renaming all the variables. So DOTS in the script are actually combatbuffs.. Debuffs are meant to handle both dots and debuffs
  53. Dornie

Dornie Active Member

Looks like today's Inner Space update broke includes on VGA. A note from the IS update:

script.CurrentDirectory is now correct during pre-processing

So all of the includes in vga.iss are trying look at:

c:\Program Files\InnerSpace\scripts\vga\scripts\vga

Instead of the correct:

c:\Program Files\InnerSpace\scripts\vga

I've already updated my vga.iss and it is confirmed working. I'm committing the change now.

edit: Oops, I can't commit. I don't have a password (or I missed it and need to RTFA...) Either way, it's a quick change in vga.iss
  54. mmoaddict

Ok.. everyone most update innerspace by closing it and reopening it.. then update vga and it will work for you. If you dont update innerspace, you wont be able to update vga.

one of our hotfixes in the last day or so seems to have been letting spells like fire spells cast on fire based mobs.. we are looking at it and should fix soon.

Some people are a little confused at the complexity of the combat routine. At lower levels and soloing such complexity is almost pointless. healing a group is pretty straight forward till you get in raid scenarios. First just understand, this script is written by a raider for raiding and killing hard level 50 mobs. Like SoD and BoD. The complexities you see are reflective of the difficulties of being one shotted and potentially killing an entire guild if simply casting the wrong spell occurs.

So here is how combat works.
    First and formost The script checks to see if you should or shouldnt attack the mob.
    -->FALSE = Check heals, Check to Follow, Check Stance/Form, Check Buff, Run any Commands in QUE
    -->TRUE = You should attack

-First do opening sequenses, Spells first, then Melee. Dont do anything else but the opener
    - 2nd, buff combat, Dot, Combat Sequence, AOE..
    - Check for Interupts, Stop Attack on mob buff, Clickies, Dispells, StancePushing, ETC
    - Check for evades, Mob Agro Not on tank, Push agro, Reduce Agro, Force Taunt
    - Do Criticals if they are up. IF there are no interupts , agro control and no emergency heals. crits always come before going back to normal attacks
    - Return to normal combat and repeat.

Here is why it is ordered this way...Think about what are the highest and lowest priorities when killing a really nasty mob.
    1. Heal the injured
    2. Turn off attack so you dont kill yourself
    3. Dispell and push stances off the mob
    4. Use any "Free Clickies"
    5. Make sure anything you do wont buff or heal the mob
    6. If agro switches off Tank.. Help the tank get it back
    8. Hit Your Criticals, Buffs first, then Debuff Criticals, Then Direct Damage Criticals
    9. Do your normal combat, Buffs First, Debuffs and Dots, then Direct Damage

Ok so that is basically how the script prioritizes things. Now, some ask why on earth do i let you put spells in the melee area and melee attacks in the spells area and basically let you see all your abilities in places where they clearly dont belong. My answer is, so you can cheat the system. For instance, the rogue has a spell that causes crits, but in order to control that to go off right before backstab, it is best to put that in the melee combat sequence. So i allow that spell to be entered just above Backstab so they "Stack" like a macro key. Also the criticals allows you to put in any spell. Crazy? no... for sorcerers the biggest critical they have is not even a critical. It is a normal spell. So i let them put that spell at the top of their critical hits, so if that spell is EVER ready.. it is going to cast it Right away.

You have to be a GREAT player to be a good botter. To be both a GREAT player and a GREAT botter and scripter, you have to be a genius. If you suck at vangaurd and don't really know how to maximize your dps or keep your group healed. This script wont help you a bit. So play your character, learn everything there is to know about clickies, macro stacking, non global abilities, buffs, diplo buffs, faction potions, heal potions, lower level quested items. Then run VGA again, and it will make more sense..

good luck out there
    mmo
  55. scorpion1666

I just caught the forms/stances today. Thank you. =D
    Also, thank you for the information on the progression of the script (helps in setting it up).
  56. mmoaddict

found the bug that caused you to cast even if you werent supposed to. Fixed it.. you can now go back to SoD and not heal the crap out of mobs

added force taunt clickie before you try to force immunity taunt
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  57. Zandros

Zandros Script Author: VGA

Mob Immunity Overide

I really love the way how you can add mobs to and from the list of immunities for Fire, Ice, Arcane, Physical, Spiritual, and Mental.

Is there a way you could add the toggles within your script so that at the spur of the moment you click let's say Fire off and not a single Fire spell will be casted despite if the mob is immune to it or not?

I've attached my lame include MobImmunity.iss which I've used in my scripts that may or may not be of any help.

Attached Files:

58. Abigor09

Abigor09 Active Member

Script ignores the crit chain that was used up if the dot goes down on a mob. (if that makes sense). Is that intended? So if it uses Shank, and the dot does off, it ignores Shiv then goes to proc the crit for the dot chain.
  59. mmoaddict

do you ahve toggle autocrit on or off.. if you want to fill in your crits in the crits windows, toggle autocrit off. If you want the game to auto click whatever crit it can.. check autocrit on
  60. mmoaddict

Added auto mount when your follow pawn mounts
    Worked more on triggers.. they should be up soon
  61. Amadeus

Are you sure you're using the very latest version when you posted this? I put in a fix for this days ago.
  62. mmoaddict

Added Killing Blow in the Melee Section. Some Classes have a special attack when the mob is below 15% health. Put it in there even if it is technically a spell.

Restore your Special points when you are below a certain number is now in the healing/buff window. Good for classes like druids and paladins
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  63. mordacai

mordacai Active Member

Counterspells

Today I tried to set up for the script to handle only spell counters and only counterspells of certain spells with not alot of luck. I couldnt even get it to auto counter any spells

Heres the scenario, this wont be a boxed character but I want it to handle counters but I only want it to counter certain spells. Is this possible?

Do I add the exact identified spell name ? Looking through the VG combat logs it only reports that a spell is being cast even when I identify the spell.

are counters currently working as you intended them to?
  64. mmoaddict

i have not done a lot of testing on countering. I should double check all that and make sure it is working.
  65. Vstarr1961

Vstarr1961 Active Member

vga not loading after updates

Keep getting the following mssg when trying to run vga

...Please hold while the ISXVG patcher checks for updates...

isxGamesPatcher: Starting (Ver. 20070311.11 by CyberTech/Amadeus)
    isxGamesPatcher: Checking isxGamesPatcher: 1 file in manifest...
    isxGamesPatcher: Checking ISXVG: 8 files in manifest...
    isxGamesPatcher: Finished

Vanguard Extension for Innerspace (By Amadeus) *LOADED*
    Script 'vga' already running
    RunScript 'vga/vga' failed
    Dumping script stack
    --------------------
    -->I:/Program Files (x86)/InnerSpace/Scripts/vga.iss:3 main() runscript vga/vga

I have updated Innerspace and ISXVG so not sure what else I need to do to get VGA to run right.
  66. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

endscript vga
    then just run vga
  67. tearan

tearan Active Member

VGA for Bards-Not swapping songs and equipment

On my bard, VGA gets stuck in a mode where my out of combat instrament and song are not swapped out for my Combat mode equipment. If I manually swap, it changes back immediatly to the out of combat stuff. Help?
  68. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

Is there a way to incorporate a harvest helper in vga? I will assist the tank on the dead mob but it wont actually skin it. Would be nice if it can be added.
  69. mmoaddict

are you using a 1handed out of combat instrument or a drum? Are you doing this with a lower level bard?
  70. BackseatScripter

BackseatScripter Active Member

I found no problems running vga and harv (the harvest assist script) in tandem. Though I'll admit it would be very nice to incorporate that code into vga.
  71. tearan

tearan Active Member

My bard is 27, the instrument is 'Drum of the Redcaps'
  72. scorpion1666

I have had my lvl 21 bard trying to use the "Lute" (basic item) and it grabs the "Flute" (basic item) instead. I have not tried this on another character at the moment.
  73. mmoaddict

hey to the 2 guys that just joined our guild that have all but 1 class of char and every crafter in the game. You best not be using this script and taking my rightful place as an awesome multiboxer. And talk to me in game! I will invite you to our private chat areas. We can hang and finish out those few classes we are missing

mmo
  74. mmoaddict

shifting image wands added on buff page
    autogroup joining
    autosaving every time you change a value
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  75. BigOleDick

BigOleDick Active Member

When I run the assist bot the interface with pops up for about three seconds then it will go away.

It says this after it disappears.

C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts\vga\vga.iss:257 Downtimefunction () call changeformstance

What do I do?