Discussion in 'Scripts (LavishScript)' started by mmoaddict, Jan 25, 2009.

1. gonemental

gonemental Active Member

I love the script. The only thing it doesn't have for me is the ability to change bard songs based on mob resists.
  2. anongamer

anongamer Active Member

First off, I want to thank you for making this macro public. It really makes the game more fun to me. Second, I would like to put in a vote to add in a fix for cleric HOTs whenever you can get around to it. Thanks!
  3. mmoaddict

mmoaddict Original Script Author: VGA

hi guys.. spending all my time dealing with grinding in the game.. I suggest putting the hot heal in the opening sequence of the cleric. works pretty good for the tank right off the bat

mmo
  4. maras

maras Active Member

I just implemented a solution for the 2 cleric short time combat buffs.

Some comments/questions.
    1) In your UI interface you have listed sections for Melee/CombatBuffs and Melee/DebuffsDots (same for Spells). There are 2 functions implemented DebuffMelee and DotMelee (same for Spells). Do I see it right; function DebuffMelee is for ui section DebuffDots, function DotMelee is for ui section CombatBuffs ?

2) I am not that really confident with Lavish-syntax. It's probably possible to get a solution without the used temp-variable. But the code works very well - it renews the buffs if the remaining time is lower than 20 seconds.

3) Is there a way to make a solution independent from ability versions (other then list all numbers) ? Actually my cleric is lvl34, that's why the code is for that level.

file Act_combat.iss:
    Code (Text):

function DotMelee()
    {
        variable iterator Iterator
    [B];***************edited by maras**************
        variable string temp
    ;***************end edited by maras**************   [/B]

debuglog "Running Dot Melee Sequence"
        if ${doDotMelee}
        {
            if !${newattack} && ${fight.ShouldIAttack}
            {
                call CheckPosition
                DotMelee:GetSettingIterator[Iterator]
                Iterator:First
                while ( ${Iterator.Key(exists)} )
                {
                    if (!${Me.Ability[${Iterator.Value}].IsReady})
                    {
                        Iterator:Next
                        continue
                    }
                    if !${fight.ShouldIAttack}
                        return             

call CheckPosition
                    debuglog "Checking ${Iterator.Value}"
                    call checkabilitytocast "${Iterator.Value}"
                    if ${Return} && !${Me.Effect[${Iterator.Value}](exists)}
                    {
                        temp:Set[${Iterator.Value}]
                        if ${temp.Equal[Maul of Divinity III]} && ${Me.Effect[Endowment of Divinity III](exists)} && ${Me.Effect[Endowment of Divinity III].TimeRemaining} >= 20
                        {
                            Iterator:Next
                            continue
                        }
    ;***************end edited by maras**************[/B]
                        debuglog "Should Cast ${Iterator.Value}"
                        call executeability "${Iterator.Value}" "attack" "Both"

file Act_crits.iss
    Code (Text):

function functBuffCrits()
    {
        variable iterator anIter
        variable string temp

debuglog "Running Buff Crits"
        if ${doBuffCrits} && ${fight.ShouldIAttack}
        {
            call CheckPosition
            BuffCrits:GetSettingIterator[anIter]
            anIter:First

while ( ${anIter.Key(exists)} )
            {
                if (!${Me.Ability[${anIter.Value}].IsReady})
                {
                    anIter:Next
                    continue
                }
                if !${fight.ShouldIAttack}
                    return

call CheckPosition
                call checkabilitytocast "${anIter.Value}"
                if ${Return} && !${Me.Effect[${anIter.Value}](exists)}
                {
                    temp:Set[${anIter.Value}]
                    if ${temp.Equal[Maul of the Gods II]} && ${Me.Effect[Strength of the Gods II](exists)} && ${Me.Effect[Strength of the Gods II].TimeRemaining} >= 20
                    {
                        anIter:Next
                        continue
                    }
                    call executeability "${anIter.Value}" "attack" "Both"

5. maras

maras Active Member

And my solution for cleric/disci/bloodmage HOTs (Alleviate, Kiss of Heaven, Flesh Mender's Ritual). Should work for all levels.
    Not sure, if I catched all important positions. VGA is such a big project :) But actually it seems to work for me.

file vga.iss
    Code (Text):

function main()
        call PopulateGroupMemberNames
        call PopulateTriggersLists
        call SetupHOTTimer
        ;===================================================
        ;===               Bug WorkArounds              ====
        ;===================================================

file Act_GUI_Utility.iss
    Code (Text):

function executeability(string x_ability, string x_type, string CP)
            if ${Me.Ability[${x_ability}].IsReady}
            {
                Me.Ability[${x_ability}]:Use
                usedAbility:Set[TRUE]

switch ${x_type}

My new Act_Healing.iss is attached, because the changes were a bit much to list it here. Changed some code in function HealCheck and added many lines at the end of the file.

Attached Files:

6. mordacai

mordacai Active Member

Thanks maras nice tweaks.
  7. maras

maras Active Member

For some reason my uploaded healing-hile doesn't seem to contain my edit comments. mmoaddict, if you need them for integration, I could attach the "commented version" too.
  8. mmoaddict

i will be happy to look over the healing code and include it .. i simply have been playing too much to rewrite much. PoTa is a butt kicker.

(edit)
    i just read over the heal changes and i will add a little interface so people can choose their hot heal and delay timer for their hots dynamically. Otherwise, looks good. I will put it in place very soon.

mmo
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  9. mmoaddict

Hot heal changes in place. Also added a loot only option.. this is for looting only a certain item. Warning.. if someone else isnt looting the other crap you will try to loot the same item over and over again... i will have to make a corpse exclude list.. just time is the problem

mmo
  10. mordacai

mordacai Active Member

Warrior class tab maybe?

I know you have a million things you would like to do rather than script, I implimented my own warrior class tab(not very gracefully I might add)
    all I added was a pre & post combat tidbit that puts up and takes down the ability "Power Atttack II"
    and as long as a 1 combat every 5 minutes takes longer than 15 seconds I get an additional buff "Unyielding Might"
    I'm a Solo warrior so every comabt takes longer than 15 seconds lol.
    This is a handy one for warriors it's an additional %16 damage but the the skill drains energy like no tomorrow thats why i need it toggled.
    Additionally the first rank appears to be bugged it is called "Power Atttack I " and I couldnt get it to work
  11. mmoaddict

ya i dont use vga for the warrior. i have a special script for that. I will throw in a few things for the warrior though in vga just to help it along a bit. your addition is a wise one.

gonna take some time here and put in the framework for everyone to be able to insert a file there.
  12. marloboro

marloboro Active Member

just curious on if vga will replace kbot soon?
  13. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

I think if mmoaddict would add an interface for the VGLoc:port stuff ...and add Me:Sprint / Me:Afterburner *options* ..then there would be very few people using kbot. ...which, would be nice.
  14. mmoaddict

For all Scripters and VGA

Ok if you like to play with custom scripting.. there is now a place in VGA where you can insert your own custom actions for your class. There are a few new Check boxes on the front screen.. those control if your going to use custom scripts for those parts of combat. Keep in mind after VGA does your custom script it will also do anything you tell it to in VGA.. so you can mix and match the two for burst damage and such.

So to write your custom scripts into VGA Combat, here is what you need to know..

In the VGA folder are 2 new files for each class
    CLS_YourClassName = your custome class functions go here
    GUI_YourClassName = this is for your specific class GUI lists..etc

if you want these scripts to not be updated with VGA. Right click on them and remove them from your SVN list. Sadly the GUI is still locked into VGA_GUI.xml.. i dont know how to split that xml up so each class can use custom xml for their specific screen. perhaps ama has a way.

Ok you have 7 basic functions you can place your custom script in.. You may not delete the functions but you can leave them blank. leave them uncheck on the main screen and the script will bypass them alltogether anyway

1. Class_DownTime = This function runs when you are not in combat or not supposed to be attacking the mob yet.

2. Class_PreCombat = This runs before the combat loop tries to figure out what to do. So the script will do this before it even looks to see what kind of dots or melee or crits it can do. This is the first thing your script does when VGA tells your char to fight!

3. Class_Opener = Openers are good for ramping up damage in a controlled manor or doing any prep attacks for things like warping etc.

4. Class_Combat = You could put your entire class combat routine in here if you wanted.. you could stack abilities back to back to make burst damage routines. Now obviously if you make a set of attacks here.. you probably dont want to put it in the normal VGA GUI also.

5. Class_PostCombat = This runs after VGA checks all your abilies and sees that none of them are available in your normal VGA routine. It does this before it loops and starts all over from the top of the script and tries to hit the mob again.

6. Class_Emergency = Emergencies are checked before each ability is hit and after each ability. Emergencies are anything you consider the highest priority of everything.. like turn off furious is an emergency.. or i am below 10% health.. etc

7. Class_PostCasting = This happens after each ability is hit after there is no emergency.
    -----edit--------
    oops forgot something you really should know.. you shouldn't really do Me.Ability[your ability]:Use when using vga.. you should use the functions and routines i wrote to use the ability. That way it will trigger the correct sequence in vga...

call CheckPosition
    call checkabilitytocast "Your Ability Name"
    if ${Return}
    {
    call executeability "Your Ability Name" "attack" "Both"
    }

Ok so the syntax is basically this
    call executeability "Your Ability Name" "attack,Heal,counter,buff,evade,utility,lifetap" "Both,neither,Post"

the attack, heal, counter and all those options really are more for combat log to know what you did. Use them to identify what kind of ability you are doing. The Both, neither, Post thing is pretty important. here is the description.

Both = mean the script will check for emergency actions before doing the ability, and will check the postcasting actions after the ability. This is when you use a standard ability.
    neither = means it wount check for either the emergency actions and wont trigger the postcasting actions of the script. This is used when you are doing heals and emergencies.
    Post = means it will only check the postcasting actions. This is most used when you really want to fire off the ability but what happens after that, you want the script to decide

I know it seems like a lot.. but read this a couple times and it should start making sense.

------end edit------------

Happy scripting.. if anyone has a solution for the xml.. let me know.

MMO
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  15. mmoaddict

umm ya.. sure just port around and run fast.. let me know how that works for ya

I dont plan on navigation stuff till after i work on interactions/alarms and decide what to do with triggers , oh and fix follow so it looks more game natural.. hmm
  16. zimzzat

zimzzat Active Member

I don't use ports but I do use kbot for runspeed.. I've used it for months with no problem. I keep it at 100, and don't use afterburner, but I find it incredibly useful.

Thanks for these updates btw... I have learned a lot over the last few months about scripting, etc. I really want to read some books about the subject so I can begin writing my own custom combat scripts, but I don't know where to start. Any suggestions on reading material for a beginner so I can start to achieve this goal?
  17. mmoaddict

it just draws attention to you when you can kite mobs easily when there are no bards around. I know our guild members often scream in vent about some ranger in SS kiting 30 mobs and running like a bard with no bards in zone. I just try not to draw attention to less-than-natural abilities in the game.

Anyway all that to say.. adding the run thing would be easy.. i guess i can do it for ya.. port boarders on nuts since it can be tracked serverside.

Problem with learning this scripting language without a programming background is that there are no book on this language because it is written specifically for innerspace. There is a wiki for both lavishsoft and isxgames.. that is as close as you will get.

My best suggestion if you are trying to learn this language is to dive into other peoples scripts and try to tear em apart and rebuild them. Otherwise, if you want to learn the base of knowledge needed to understand this scripting language.. Start with C# book.. then read an XML book.. Then this language will seem pretty understandable. By doing that you will also be in a good spot to script for Exchange server and such.. work-play-work-play begins to bleed together.

mmo
  18. zimzzat

zimzzat Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions mmo. I think I will do some intro reading on C and xml so I have a better foundation of understanding when I read through the work you have made public.

I start my second year of law school in another week so I'm going to have my work cut out for me, lol.
  19. maras

maras Active Member

Your update caused at least 2 problems:
    1. Shaman
    file Act_Healing, function HealCheck
    At the end of the function you call shamanmana, which doesn't exist anymore with your new shaman class files. There is even a comment to simply get rid of the code.

2. Bloodmage
    In your class file you have some wrong named funtions. The script is looking for BM_<function> (for example BM_PostCasting), your file only provide Bloodmage_<function> (-> Bloodmage_PostCasting).
    Simply rename all functions to BM_<function> and it works. Or vice versa.
  20. maras

maras Active Member

Two important things are missing in VGA (if it would want to replace KBot, which is probably not aimed by mmoaddict): self moving/traveling and target picking.
    VGA only assists here - KBOT actively does both things.
  21. mmoaddict

I Fixed up the shaman thing.. is that not on the version you are using?

Bloodmage.. hmmm... ok.. oops.. guess you know how often i play the bloodmage.
  22. mmoaddict

i am much more of a combat mechanics and game ultility scripter. For whatever reason, dealing with moving and pathing and waypoints, just doesnt interest me at this moment. i have considered, gutting kbot into vga, total hack job to basically merge teh 2 projects, but the question is why do all that work to save everyone 2 seconds of running the 2 projects at the same time.

I spend much more time creating custom scripts for me and my friends to accomplish specific game tasks. Tearing apart game mechanics and parses to create ultimate dps bursts and timing is pretty fun for me. Going so far as creating entire scripts for single encounters, just to see if i can.. etc.

But who knows what i will do in a fit of boredom once i have all pota armor finished and fully loaded with all the best enhancements.

mmo
  23. maras

maras Active Member

I am fine with it - we all have got the option to run KBot and VGA together. If VGA continues on optimizing the combat scripts .. would be very appreciated.
  24. mmoaddict

These are all cleared up in the new version.. the script calls for BloodMage_function not BM anymore
  25. mmoaddict

The new avoid poison clouds and nasties option on the front screen is a work in progresss.. basically i am working on a movement routine that will help you avoid being near certain pawns while combatting a different pawn. If you dont know what this helps with, ignore it, if you do know what this is for. Know it isnt working as intended yet.

The temporary work around answer is do the follow main during combat option. Disable follow, and move to target. Then set the tank or a 2nd player as the one to follow.. set the distance like 5 or so. Every time one of these nasties spawn.. have the main follow person run away from the target. The alts will follow that person as soon as they get more than 5 away. Drag them back into range of the mob and they will return to melee.

multi boxing when adds spawn is difficult even more so when the adds roam and you cant even get near them.

edit---
    added positioning. Make sure you only check mark 1 position for now for where you want to attack the mob from. Warning that this can get crazy if you have many agros and switching targets a lot. I will work on letting you check both sides and the back so your char just wont stand in front.. this will eliminate a lot of the crazy slide action.

mmo
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  26. maras

maras Active Member

Now it calls BloodMagefunction (_ is missing) :) Or have you already fixed it ? Can't check svn from office here actually.

I have updated my class files for warrior (PowerAttack management with UI), shaman (hp->mana working for lower levels than 50) and disciple (Endowment management with UI). Will do some final tests this weekend and maybe release it after.

Does VGA even supports add management or multiple encounters ? It is working with Kbot, but like I mentioned to my knowledge VGA doesn't support selection of targets other then via assisting.
  27. mmoaddict

add management is something i have tested and did work on the code.. but never put in live cause there are so many wierd differences between everyones mezzes and geto mezzes.

Feel free to pass any class scripts by me. I can put them in pretty easy for people who need a starter in custom.
  28. maras

maras Active Member

After some testing I'd like to post my mentioned class specific changes.

Small overview:
    CLS_Shaman.iss - checks for available version of Ritual of Sacrifice (which allows the use for lower than lvl50 shamans)

UTL_Class.iss - added disciple support (you simply forgot this class here), fixed bloodmage calls (mentioned in my last post, "_" was missing)

UTL_Variables.iss
    UTL_LavishSave.iss
    UTL_LavishLoad.iss - added new warrior and disciple specific variables, save/load support

vga_gui.xml - added UI for warrior/disciple and a small fix for healer UI, checkbox healgrp20, if ${Script[vga].VariableScope.hgrp[20]}, you forgot [], probably a copy/paste error

CLS_Warrior.iss
    GUI_Disciple.iss
    CLS_Disciple.iss - new warrior/disciple code

What is does:
    Warrior UI lets you specify two % energy values. The script turns on PowerAttack above the first value and turns it off below the second value. Works for warriors at all levels (check for available version of PA).

Disciple UI lets you fill in the used abilities for the 4 endowments. You can also decide if the script shall force these combos, even in emergency cases.
    Endowment of Life will be renewed below a remaining time of 20 seconds (stays active for 2 minutes), the other 3 endowments below 60 seconds (active for 10 minutes). The abilities will need endurance and jin, so don't expect endowments to be rised as fast as buffs.

@mmoaddict
    Feel free to use it and correct it if needed. I am not quite sure, if I used all function calls in the right way. All runs quite well at least for me.

Attached Files:

29. mmoaddict

Thanks for all that, I will get to adding this some time late in the week. You should be aware all healing is undergoing a major rewrite. i am consulting with some of the best healers in the game for their class and putting their technique into vga. I have high hopes it will make the disciple and shaman really effective.

mmo
  30. Amadeus

Don't forget bloodmage when you work on healing!
  31. Allblacks

Allblacks Active Member

OK, i have just updated to the latest version of VGA, been a long time since i have done so. I have a shammy as my 2 box, in hte old VGA it used to happily go away sacrificing himself and keeping his mana topped up, this new version has fixed that, is there an easy way to get the option back.........

Allblacks
  32. Zandros

Zandros Script Author: VGA

Sweet, I can give some really good tips on Blood Mage healings :)
  33. mmoaddict

i am up for suggestions on the bloodmage. I have the shaman, cleric and disciple healing like champs

Tank Slider 1 = Injured
    Tank Slider 2 = Emergency Injury

Medium Slider 1 = Injured
    Medium Slider 2 = Emergency Injury

Squishy Slider 1 = Injured
    Squishy Slider 2 = Emergency Injury

All your heals are accounted for. I Assume the bloodmage heals like the disciple. Tap Healing and spot healing and holding their crit chain till someone needs an instant or the group does. Basically each person in the group is assigned a class type when they join the group. All healers are mediums. When 1 or more are below either the injured level or below the emergency level for thier class type it triggers your class specific healing routine. Why on earth do bloodmages have 3 kinds of self only heals.. anyway.. let me know

Raid healing and such is a pain in the ass cause we dont know who is in your group. The group numbers are in order of how they join.. not your raid assigned group. Ama needs to raid more and make the RaidGroup[int] variable. I prolly will have to do some kind of 24 person check box thing again. we will see.

mmo
  34. mmoaddict

ya. That routine is in the custom shaman script now.. i believe it is postcasting routine. Just check that box on the main screen. The lowest option under the section custom class routines.
  35. Zandros

I totally agree that there should be a constant RaidGroup integer variable to keep life simple with spamming heals. The temporary fix I have is creating a list of names you want to heal (that are in your group) and scanning for their ID they belong to each time you want to cast. It eats up alot of resources especially if your FPS is around 3-8.

I thought there was 2 self only heals.

Anyhow, here's how I manage my BM:

1) If enemy ever targets you while in a group/raid, cast that immunity!
    2) If your health goes very low then instant heal by converting Endurance to Health (Self Heal only)
    3) Spam your Lifetaps on lowest health member until crit is ready (Despoil is for self and Entwining Vein is for group members)
    4) While spamming your Lifetaps (Despoil/Entwining Vein) for crit and someone gets hurt, then cast the biggest heal you got
    5) While casting the big heal and they miraculously get healed, then cancel your heal spell which you're still casting (save that mana)
    6) Once crit is ready, wait till someone in your group get hurt and use it to heal (Blood Tribute)
    7) During Furious, load your healing dots on the enemy's target (usually it is the tank) and spam Entwining Vein and Heals (no crits)
    8) Finally, cabalize our health for more mana!

You can of course add in some toggles to adjust your play style:

1) Crit now or wait
    2) Heal group members only or the whole raid
    3) Use Dots (for DPS) or focus strickly on heals

Lastly, immunities pay a factor in determining if we use direct heals only or spam the heck out of our lifetaps for the crits
  36. mmoaddict

i will take your advise on the bloodmage. Once i finish the bloodmage programming. Zan, can you look over it and tweek it a bit?

The update is taking longer than expected to release. There are all sorts of things about the disciple i need to iron out. I did fix furious to be much better. Wish i could give it to you but it is all mixed in.
  37. Zandros

I will be more than happy as soon as I get all the tools reloaded. My computer did a blue screen of death and I was unable to restore to manurfacture settings. Now that I am back online... I am eager to dive in and see what I can do :)
  38. marloboro

marloboro Active Member

i cant get it to work, i have the lowest option checked, which is "post ability use" ritual of sacrifice isnt working.

ritual of scarring does work but its on a 2 min timer and doesnt keep up enough with the mana regen.

i have tried using the other options under custom class routines and none are using ritual of sacrifice for me.

do i need to manually input something into the scripts somewhere, if so im clueless with that stuff.

thanks
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  39. mmoaddict

OK If you are a bloodmage or use VGA for raids .. dont update yet.

If you are a person using cleric, shaman, or disciple and want to actually heal decently. Go Ahead and upload. I hid the autochain and autocounter. most people will not want to use those features.

The reason i updated even though bloodmages and raid heals dont work, is that most people need the furious fix and Ae healing to work more than they need the bloodmage. VGA never really did well in raids anyway

I will leave it to zandros to look at bloodmage heals. Raid fix may wait until we get a raid variable. If that isnt in the works.. raid healing just isnt reasonable.

mmo
  40. locutus71

locutus71 Active Member

I did the update but get this error when I launch vga:

Failed to create visible child for healermain

Looks like the Healer Main tab is empty.... Suggestions?
  41. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

Healer main tab is supposed to be empty now.

Try updating it again. There was a few updates over the last day.
  42. Zandros

Basic Blood mage routines have been written and sent to mmoaddict to review. If he likes what I have done then he'll impliment them into the next update. :)
  43. mmoaddict

Another Update

ok zandros had some good changes for the bloodmage. I also added in the combat main screen a new turn off attack command. Sometimes if a mob puts an effect on you, will want to stop attacking.

Again.. No Healing in Raid. Raid + Healer = NoHealing. VGA does not work Healing In Raid. Why? because the coding as it exists would be so ineffective.. it is better for you to use a g15 or press the buttons yourself.

good luck
    mmo
  44. maras

maras Active Member

What happens with your last version, if a healer hasn't got any group ? Looks like the char refuses to heal himself ?!
  45. mmoaddict

Been so long since i soloed.. i think i forgot about that. Should be a simple change... I will try to add it in the morning.

The VGA thing failing. Sounds like your DLL is not the right one. Does ISX actually seem to be working with other scripts.. is it only vga?
  46. Amadeus

This means that when you updated vga with "SVN Update" there were conflicts wtih CLS_Bard.iss and you did not manually resolve them.

Just delete E:/Program Files (x86)/InnerSpace/Scripts/vga/CLS_Bard.iss and then do "SVN Update" again to replace it.
  47. mmoaddict

Try that.. i just updated... bard.iss should not have issues
  48. mmoaddict

Auto Ressurect and Friends

You can now set up friends in the Interactions tab.. once type in your friends names.. you can check the box on the front screen to autoaccept resses from friends.

I am not going to say who i put this in for... but lets say one of my friends likes to die a lot and look away from the keyboard.

mmo
  49. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

Make sure vga.iss isnt in the root script folder. if it is delete it. it needs to be in the VGA folder
  50. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

Just to clarify when you reinstall alot of times it will put both Kbot.iss and vga.iss in the folder file not in the Kbot folder or the vga folder. Ive had to move these two files from the root folder (scripts) to the appropiate folder. The errors your posting resemble what i got before i figured it out.

if this still dosent fix it let me know here and PM me your email and ill zip up the 2 folders and mail them to you..
  51. phuhque

phuhque Member

Gui Positioning

Somehow, the top part of the Gui has went off screen and it can't be pulled down. Is there an easy way to correct this without having to rip it all out and reload it? Also, great maintainer, how is that Bank Consolidation button coming along? heh heh heh

Thanx for a great product!
  52. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

Try going to windowd mode Alt Enter them back and forth between them. When it bugged out on me i was able to fix it that way..

Also hidden deeeeeep in one of he forums here is a way to reset the loc of the mod when it comes up. Its been a long time but I remeber seeing it before.
  53. phuhque

phuhque Member

Bugged window

I ended up having to copy the save file from another login character group over. that fixed it. It is odd that we lost the delete tab though. Guess he is working on that part of the script.
  54. mmoaddict

i did see why the shaman was canning so slow .. i changed the shaman custom script.. you should check box custom combat for the shaman.. and they will cann automatically.. look in CLS_Shaman.iss and you can change the cann spell name if you are lower level.. and add the really nasty cann if you dare.
  55. kbons

kbons Active Member

I'm struggling to get VGA to work with my BM since the last patch. Every time my assist target takes more than 40 or so percent damage VGA crashes out.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Perhaps the previous version is better suited for bm healing: is there a way to roll back the update to the previous version?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  56. Zandros

I will check into it right now.
  57. mmoaddict

been working on AutoFollow.. Feel free to update and test out the new follow system.
  58. Vstarr1961

Vstarr1961 Active Member

Was having the same problem with the BM script. The Emergency_Heal call was not working right. Went into the vga.iss file in the vga folder and added this line to the Healer-Tab Scripts

#include "${Script.CurrentDirectory}/Act_Healing_BloodMage.iss"

Everything seems to be working right now.
  59. Vstarr1961

Vstarr1961 Active Member

VGA still crashing with BM

Nope scratch that still crashing VG when running a BM and using VGA. This time the crash happened after casting Exploding Cyst and then switched over to cast a heal.
  60. mmoaddict

i am sorry about all the bloodmage problems.. i added the healing_bloodmage to VGA for you. I just dont play the bloodmage at all so everythign you are getting is a mix of a couple of people.
  61. mmoaddict

Ok. raid healing appears to be working..

In the Healer tab under the sliders is a button. Press the button find my group members in my raid. You only need to do that if you are in a raid and make sure to do it after they move people around.

You should now just heal and group heal your group in the raid.

this is a bit of a work around.. basically what vga does is uses the in game command to target each member of your group and once targeted on them it records their number. Then when it looks for people to heal in group it cross references if they were able to be targeted as a group member. Push that button to set group members when anyone dies and goes corpse of player name or people exit or enter the raid. Especially after they shift groups.

Currently there is nothing to Keep main tank healed if he is not in your group. But honestly, your really going to trust vga to main tank heal in a raid and group heal his group at the same time? The only raid scenarios that this would even have a chance of working on arent worth raiding in the first place. Anyway.. hope raid healing helps some of ya.

Good Luck
    mmo
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  62. maras

maras Active Member

Did you already add/fix "self healing code" ?
  63. mmoaddict

:(

solo heals. hmmm
  64. kbons

kbons Active Member

Trouble installing/updating

Downloaded VGA and all worked great . . . then 3 month subscription expired and couldn't update VGA (SVN Update) . . . reregistered (paid) for 3 more months and now doesn't work (SVN Update states "access denied")

Tried the following:

1. downloaded and reinstalled Tort
    2. deleted and downloaded the zip file for VGA and extracted to innerspace/scripts (did not delete, however, init-session and init-uplink but did delete the two .iss files).
    3. now no .iss files and still getting "access denied" same as before.

Any help is much appreciated.

kbons
  65. gello2626

gello2626 Active Member

Thoughts about the "killing blow below 15%" Is there a chance the 15% could be set up as a variable set by the player? There isn't a spell caster killing blow option, but the melee works just fine for necro's death touch. It used to be below 40%, but it only works below 10% now. It also likely to change again so the variable option would be nice just so you wouldn't have to mess with it again.
  66. mmoaddict

keep the vga folder there. Delete all the files in the VGA folder.. dont delete the save folder. Then update the vga
  67. Vstarr1961

Vstarr1961 Active Member

VGA not healing

Running VGA with my shaman and have the sliders for the tank set at 85\55 for the heals and he is not healing my tank at all. Heals had been working up until I did an SVN update 2 days ago, any ideas on why this might be occurring?
  68. mastadon@knology.net

mastadon@knology.net Member

ok I have read through this thread and saw that some had this problem but the solutions given do not work for me. When I type run vga I get the following:

Script 'vga' already running
    RunScript 'vga/vga' failed
    Dumping script stack
    --------------------
    -->C:/Program Files (x86)/InnerSpace/Scripts/vga.iss:3 main() runscript vga/vga

I then tried the endscript vga and got the following:

EndScript 'vga' failed

I have made sure that the vga.iss is not under the Script root folder but in the vga folder. Are there any other sugestions?
  69. mastadon@knology.net

I have tried all other scripts and they all work so really confused now.
  70. Vstarr1961

Vstarr1961 Active Member

do a search for vga.iss and see if you have any additional copies of the file in say a temp folder etc. When I had that problem I actually found two additional copies of the vga.iss file in other locations on my comp.
  71. mastadon@knology.net

Well removing the other vga.iss actually screwed everything up I got vga.iss not found if I do that and instead of the green check mark on the Script folder I get a red exclamation mark. I have deleted ISXVG and Innerspace and reloaded from scratch and at least I am back to the original problem of only vga not working I am almost at the point of leaving well enough alone...lol
  72. mastadon@knology.net

OK got it thanks for all your help everyone.
  73. mmoaddict

well i changed a few things. Looks like the autofollow system of following was major annoying. Lots of walking backwards and such.. So we are pretyt much reverted to old school follow.

There is a nice addition that will back your pets off when the mob is furious or you shouldnt be attacking.

There is also a nice feature that allows you to loot all in raid format.. Use sparingly
    mmmo
  74. phuhque

phuhque Member

VGA and wanted functions...

Granted there aren't a lot, but one of the things I like having vga for is to maintain my buffs. Is there a way to setup a function to see if temp minions have died so they can be respawn? For the most part, although friendly to most classes, VGA seems to be unfriendly to Druids. (Particularly the healing department) Don't have experience with the other classes yet..

On to Harvesting assist. It seems to stick on trying to harvest the same dead mob until the corpse vanishes.

On to consolidating items. I have noticed it will not consolidate into "equipped" items such as cloaks, belts, shoulder bags etc.. Any luck with that? Oh yeah, how is that Bank/Chest tab coming along???

And if I didn't ask for enough already... Is there a way to alphabetize a containers contents?
  75. banemall

banemall Active Member

In Combat Check ?

Isn't there a way to have the script do a in combat yes/no check ?