Discussion in 'Scripts (LavishScript)' started by mmoaddict, Jan 25, 2009.

1. xbit

xbit Member

I have placed some buffs into the Healer/Heal-Buff Tab under Buffs. I don't understand what is suppose to happen next. I have read that some push a buff button but I don't see that.

On the Trigger tab there is a "on inc text" what is the proper input for that section? Then in the DO ACTION below area of the same tab under use abilities I can select one but it doesn't put it in the list or allow me to select more then one.

Any guide or explaination on the Mechanics tab?

Any Guide or what is suppose to be inputed into the fields on the request tab?

Thanks in advance and thanks for this awesome script!
  2. tarno

tarno Member

Well there is 2 options. one is "buff watcher" or something to that effect. that one just looks at your current buffs and allows you to make a list of what you want to watch. and tell you if your missing some of your defined buffs you want to watch for. ie afrit SC and TJ diplo buffs.

The second is where the toon your setting buffs up on will buff what you list. TBH i normally dont rely on it. as its imo very slow to rebuff. without a death or a group number change ect.

normally i just reach over to my other pc and do manual rebuffs every 30/60 minutes. :~
  3. mmoaddict

mmoaddict Original Script Author: VGA

ya buffing has been annoying to work out exactly, because at higher levels some classes get an all in one buff that gives them a single buff but others get an all in one that gives them multiple buffs not called what the first buff is called. So unless i hardcode that in, buffs are more or less unrelyable. I will try to care about it at some point.

Meanwhile, i just added Auto Quest Accepting. There is Quest tab now. Walk up to the npc "IE KDQ guys" Target him, Press the Add NPC, select the quests you want to get from that mob. Next time you want your toon to get all those quests, just press the Repair/Sell/Quest Button

I want to make it auto turn in the quest, but there is an issue in ISX itself that crashes the game if I try to program in accepting certain quest reward items. Crashing is bad, so for now.. no autoturnin quest feature.

This should also fix the problem where you press repair/sell out in the middle of nowhere and your VGA locks up trying to find a merchant to sell to.

oh ya you can sprint now.. dont use that too often or you are likely to get banned, also it is a toggle so press 1 time to turn on,.. 1 time to turn off. Of course if you turn it off in mid flight, land and take off again to speed up.

Also there is auto Res options on the front screen. Yippie healers now res, as long as you dont make a Tomb Stone. Make sure to set your res spells in the Buff window

I fixed a couple of other things.. but cant remember what. Guess it will be a surprise.

mmo
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  4. Delorian76

Delorian76 Member

I cant get it to extract properly from the WinZip, It;s denying my access to the script folder. What's the deal?
  5. Zandros

Zandros Script Author: VGA

This is for my Blood Mage... this shows how I handled the nuissant non-stackable AllInOne and Construct buffs who's names that do not match the actual buff displayed. Sadly, you gotta hard encode the the routines :(

What would be nice... if someone could list the name of the AllInOne buff for each class and all the buffs linked to it then perhaps we could design a routine that is smart enough to handle all the buffs for each class (similar to the Blood Mage routine below) :)

Code (Text):

/* BLOOD MAGE BUFFS */
    function:bool Buffs()
    {
        if ${Me.Ability[${BloodFeast}](exists)} && !${Me.Effect[${BloodFeast}](exists)}
        {
            ;; Always get Blood Feast up and running
            call CastBuff "${BloodFeast}"
            if ${Return}
                return TRUE
        }

;; Make sure we pass our checks
        if ${Me.InCombat} || ${isPaused} || !${doBuffs}
            return FALSE

;; This overrides all buffs
        ;; -- cast it or return if already have
        if ${Me.Ability[${ConstructsAugmentation}](exists)} || ${Me.Effect[${ConstructsAugmentation}](exists)}
        {
            if !${Me.Effect[Construct's Augmentation](exists)}
            {
                call CastBuff "Construct's Augmentation"
                if ${Return}
                    return  TRUE
            }
            return FALSE
        }

;; This is a must which is not part of the AllInOneBuff
        if ${Me.Ability[${SeraksMantle}](exists)} && !${Me.Effect[${SeraksMantle}](exists)}
        {
            call CastBuff "${SeraksMantle}"
            if ${Return}
                return TRUE
        }

;; AllInOneBuff does not stack with Construct and overrides all previous buffs
        ;; -- cast it or return if already have
        if ${Me.Ability[${FavorOfTheLifeGiver}](exists)}
        {
            if !${Me.Effect[Serak's Amplification](exists)} || !${Me.Effect[Inspirit](exists)} || !${Me.Effect[Life Graft](exists)} || !${Me.Effect[Mental Stimulation](exists)} || !${Me.Effect[Accelerated Regeneration](exists)} || !${Me.Effect[${CerebralGraft}](exists)}
            {
                call CastBuff "${FavorOfTheLifeGiver}"
                if ${Return}
                {
                    wait 30 ${Me.Effect[Inspirit](exists)} && ${Me.Effect[Life Graft](exists)} && ${Me.Effect[Mental Stimulation](exists)} && ${Me.Effect[Accelerated Regeneration](exists)} && ${Me.Effect[${CerebralGraft}](exists)}
                    return  TRUE
                }
            }
            return FALSE
        }

/* ==== The following are your default buffs (No Constructs or AllInOne) ====*/

call CastBuff "${SeraksAugmentation}"
        if ${Return}
            return  TRUE
        call CastBuff "${HealthGraft}"
        if ${Return}
            return  TRUE
        call CastBuff "${Vitalize}"
        if ${Return}
            return  TRUE
        call CastBuff "${MentalInfusion}"
        if ${Return}
            return  TRUE
        call CastBuff "${CerebralGraft}"
        if ${Return}
            return  TRUE
        return FALSE
    }

;; CastBuff puts a small delay after a buff
    function:bool CastBuff(string ABILITY)
    {
        if ${Me.Ability[${ABILITY}](exists)} && !${Me.Effect[${ABILITY}](exists)}
        {
            if !${Me.DTarget.Name.Equal[${Me.FName}]}
            {
                Pawn[me]:Target
                waitframe
            }
            call UseAbility "${ABILITY}"
            if ${Return}
            {
                wait 30 ${Me.Effect[${ABILITY}](exists)}
                return TRUE
            }
        }
        return FALSE
    }

6. dazed0119

dazed0119 Active Member

Ok I am having issues setting this up.. My class screen is completly blank. Do I need to select it somewhere or what? Also it does not heal myself at all even grouped.

I must be missing a step or something.. it does the combat aspect of things just fine, but will not heal at all. Buffs appear to work fine as well.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  7. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

Class screen is blank.

Make sure you use the 3rd tab under healers to set all your heal spells up. Then in the 1st tab pick percentages on when to cast.

Works fine for me
  8. dazed0119

dazed0119 Active Member

I only have 2 tabs under healer. Healpct and heal_buff. There is no 3rd tab.
  9. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

You might need to delete the VGA folder and reget it. I know MMO was making some changes that had a few bugs then were fixed a few hours later. You might have downloaded the version in the brief window that had the bug.
  10. mmoaddict

ya i was doing a lot of optimization stuff

A few Notable ones are:

• Your toon will no longer chase after mobs if they are not targeted on the main tank.
      Disciples will be a bit more efficient about healing during furious
      You can have more than 1 attack position selected
      On the sell list is Auto Open Crate Option
      Fixed a bunch of stuff in Buff
      Made a Buff Now and Pass Out Stones to Group Button
      Added Pause and Resume script and buff in the group requests section

good luck out there
    mmo
  11. xbit

xbit Member

Thank you for these.

Would it be possible to add another group request to turn on/off move to target?
  12. dazed0119

dazed0119 Active Member

Ok, for the most part I have this up & working great for my cleric, however I have yet to get it to use my HOT on anyone in the group and If I put divine light (Insta heal) in the settign for it, it uses it all the time, quickly draining my power. It will pop it as soon as I drop below 80% even though my emergency heal is set to 50%. Then it alternates between It and my small heal...

Any Ideas?
  13. mmoaddict

sounds like some programmer messed up the cleric. Hmmmm

actually looked at it.. the cleric is accounting for class type... let me guess.. he is instant healing a squishy all the time? Well you see thats cause squishies dont like to live long enough for people to cast on them. Tanks and mediums.. clerics will toss out the hot.

You can see it all in the script Act_Healing_Cleric. If you want to customize what he does.. Just right click on that file and remove it from Tortuos.. then you can modify it to your hearts content

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  14. dazed0119

dazed0119 Active Member

yeah, if only I was smart enough to figure out how lol...
  15. dazed0119

dazed0119 Active Member

How hard would it be to add an interaction in the mechanics window to turn on/off looting by chat?
  16. bricky2690

bricky2690 Active Member

is there a quick fix to the issue to when an bonus yeild window comes up to allow the vga toon to continue to follow? after the recent update if a bonus yeild pops up the vga toon will not follow through like it use to - It hangs up on the node with the "close" window open until you tab over to click on teh close.

Thanks in advance.
  17. Zandros

Very easy. Open the file "UTL_LavishEvents" and look for the routine labeled "atom VG_OnIncomingText". There you will see example coding of what to do when you receive a tell (Channel Number: 8). Write a quick routine and insert it there to toggle your Loot ON/OFF request.

Hope this helps :)
  18. Zandros

The problem with that pesky Bonus Yield window remaining open causes the variable to always report TRUE until the window closes:
    ${GV[bool,bHarvesting]}

Hiding the window will not fix the problem:
    VGExecute /hidewindow Harvesting

Neither will this fix it:
    VGExecute /endharvesting

The cool thing is the following variable works correctly:
    ${GV[bool,IsHarvestingDone]}

It will be awsome if there was a command that will close the Bonus Yield window.

In the meantime, we will have to click on the screen till this is resolved.

The following is my routine that screams out a warning in case the window doesn't close:

Code (Text):
        if ${GV[bool,bHarvesting]} && ${GV[bool,IsHarvestingDone]}
        {
            VGExecute /endharvesting
            VGExecute /showwindow Harvesting
            Mouse:SetPosition[972,825]
            Mouse:LeftClick
            Mouse:HoldLeft
            wait 1
            Mouse:ReleaseLeft
            Mouse:SetPosition[975,829]
            Mouse:LeftClick
            Mouse:HoldLeft
            wait 2
            Mouse:ReleaseLeft
            if ${doEcho}
                echo "[${Time}][BM] --> Closed that pesky Harvesting window"
            call PlaySound WARNING
            wait 50
            return FALSE
        }

19. mmoaddict

ya i will try to make it so vga just ignores that harvest window.

Todays update there is now a diplo tab. You might ask.. what the hell.. i just use dip, why does vga need a diplo tab? Well i will tell you why.. because some lamo g15 botters keep pushing down the diplo buffs. It is very annoying. Dont level up, spam diplo every parley in AFRIT! It really makes people mad. With VGA Just walk up to an npc, add them to the list, pick which diplos you push with that npc. And wammo.. every time you run up to that npc you will start the right diplo with them to push the buffs you want.

BTW i really ninja copied all the routines from Dip. It works just fine for pushing diplos. Happy pushing!

edit** i just patched cause it became evident fast that i needed to wrap the diplo in a dostatement. I just means, turn the diplo off when you are not out diploing, it will make vga run better when you are out fighting. There is a loot and diplo toggle in interactions.

mmo
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  20. dazed0119

dazed0119 Active Member

Just wondering what other classes everyone has gotten this to work well with? Thinking of starting a disciple, and dual boxing another class, but so far all I have used this program for is a healbot on my cleric. Does it work well for other classes, or for that fact does it handle a disciples healing and everything else well?
  21. mmoaddict

Easier to say what it wasnt programmed for yet

All classes have been accounted for except.
    Bloodmage
    Necro
    Druid

other than that.. it should be a great for the others. expecially when you get 55. i dont play those classes much so i just dont have things refined for them
  22. dazed0119

dazed0119 Active Member

Is it possible to get the script to heal Pets? such as a necro abomination?
  23. mmoaddict

Ah perfect chance for me to give an example of editing the custom class area. Open up CLS_Necro.iss and look at the areas of code there.. You will want to modify the emergency section like this. Replace "Name of Necro Heal" with the actual name of the spell you are casting. When you run VGA check the box Class Emergency Routine on the front screen

Code (Text):
    ;********************************************
    function Necromancer_Emergency()
    {
     if ${Me.Pet.Health} < 50
        {
        call checkabilitytocast "Name of Necro Heal"
                if ${Return}
                {
                Me.Pet.ToPawn:Target
                wait 3
                call executeability "Name of Necro Heal" "Heal" "Neither"
                }
        }
    }
    this code is untested... but should work. You can always add more and make all your own class routines.

mmo
  24. dazed0119

dazed0119 Active Member

What I want is when the script is running on my cleric for it to target Necro pets to heal them.
  25. luthael

luthael Active Member

Is it possible you could modify the "Move to Target" option, so that it will NOT do this after the target is dead?

It's dreadfully annoying that when moving characters manually, you have to clear target (sometimes on the assist character as well) or it will "resist" your manual moves to return to the dead target.
  26. mmoaddict

The moving at dead thing might be a result of some of the optimization i have been doing.. will look at it tomorrow morning.
  27. mmoaddict

lots of changing and messing with stuff.. /fol now uses the natural follow instead of the move to.. you can choose.

Personally i choose to move naturally whenever possible. Unnatural moveto commands give others something to point at and see something is amiss. Just keep it low key, and play nice.
  28. mmoaddict

You Must have vg_objects installed and updated on your machine for VGA to work. You can download the vg_objects here http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3980

vg_objects makes it so we as scripters work less and can accomplish more. It is also going to make it possible for us to "Fix" older scripts more effectively.

VGA now auto puts on your diplo gear.
  29. marloboro

marloboro Active Member

with the last update vga is shutting off when a rez is accepted, is this happening to anyone else or just me? if so is there a way to prevent that? it was always handy for combat rez and be able to jump right back into fight, atm im having to reload after a death.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  30. Delorian76

Delorian76 Member

Can't run VGA

I just updated the SVN and now I cant run vga in game. I type /run vga and it is telling me

C:/Program Files (x86)/InnerSpace/Scripts/vga.iss(104) Could not locate file C:/Program Files (x86)/InnerSpace/Scripts/vg_objects/obj_diplogear.iss for preprocessing
    Preprocessing failed on C:/Program Files (x86)/InnerSpace/Scripts/vga.iss
    Failed to parfe script C:/Program Files (x86)/InnerSpace/Scripts/vga.iss
    RunScript vga/vga failed.

I have no idea
  31. mmoaddict

Please download vga_objects...
  32. Delorian76

Delorian76 Member

Ive done that before I posted. So, I deleted everything and tried again and it's working fine :)
  33. Malifaxis

Malifaxis Active Member

Dont see heal options

I'm a druid and i dont seem to be able to use VGA to heal. Am i missing something or are druids not supported
  34. dalamaf

dalamaf Active Member

missing healer tabs

From reading above posts i have the same problem as a previous post
    Blank class screen and healer tab only has heal% and heal buff .
    Vga works fine except the healing part
    i have deleted and reinstalled VGA still a no go
  35. Zandros

Two minor patches for VGA:

-Shaman-
    1) Will now only attempt to canibalize health to energy if everyone's health is at 70%

-Counters-
    1) Changed the text on the GUI to say "Counter Only"
    2) If target is casting, the input box will show the ability

** If the Counter Only toggle box is not checked, it will automatically attempt to counter the target's spell. Otherwise, when the toggle box is checked then it will check the list before attempting to counter it.

I thank Amadeus for introducing one of the coolest features I've seen... an event that is triggered when a Chain or Counter is ready. SWEET!

Hey mmo... where are you? Come out, come out, where ever you are.
  36. Kelly71

Kelly71 Active Member

VGA already had a counter spell part in it. Whats the difference here?
  37. Zandros

The difference is it is now called by an event instead of the script. The pay off is you are not going to miss a counter do to any downtime or waiting its turn.
  38. mmoaddict

VGA just went through some updates. Every CLS script now needs to include

CLASSNAME_Burst functions.

Look at CLS_Bard.iss for an example.

If you dont use Customized class routines and just update VGA completely, you will have no problem. I will try to solve the issue of auto-bursting soon and friends lists not working soon.
  39. bowie

bowie Senior Member

Well this is a strange one. I've tried using vga on a few bot toons now and they all show the same random behaviour.

Occasionally, after an attack, the bot toon will enter a 'walk' state and lag behind the Tank toon. I can only remedy this by entering the following commands in the console of the bot computer

VGExecute /walk
    VGExecute /run

I've had a quick look through the code in vga.iss and cant find anything that would alter the speed that the bot runs (walks) at.

Any ideas?
  40. Zandros

Hmmmm, I searched VGA and couldn't find any reference to posture being changed. Anyways, the following code is what you are looking for.... you can write your own handy routine by saving this in a file such as AlwaysRun.iss

Code (Text):

function main()
    {
        if ${Pawn[me].Posture.Equal[walking]}
        {
            VGExecute /Run
        }
        wait 10
    }

41. bowie

bowie Senior Member

OK. I've implemented that alwaysrun.iss but the problem continues.

On closer inspection, the bot's posture doesn't change. For some reason, the bot starts to walk instead of run. Echo Me.ToPawn.Posture shows that posture is still 'running' even though the bot is walking.

This is very strange.

I've tried using Me:Sprint[40] to counter this as follows:-

Code (Text):

if ${Me.DTarget.Distance} >15
    {
    Me:Sprint[40]
    }

However, say the bough is 25 units away, it will call Sprint and the bot begins to sprint, but I'm assuming because the bot is still >15 units away it calls sprint again which acts lie a toggle and turns sprint off, sending the bot into 'walk mode' again.

[EDIT]
    On a sidenote, the bot kicks into 'walk mode' after exiting combat, more often than not.
  42. Zandros

I found the problem you are describing but after looking at the code... it is correct. I suggest making a slight change to one of his routines because Me.Sprint is rather fuzzy and you have to remind it to turn off because it is a hit and miss.

With that said, look under the routine found in Act_MoveToAttack.iss

Code (Text):

function MoveToTarget()
    {
        if ${doMoveToTarget} && ${fight.ShouldIAttack}
            {
            if ${Me.Target.Distance} > 4 && ${tankpawn.Equal[${Me.TargetOfTarget}]}
                {
                actionlog "Moving to Melee"
                Me:Sprint[50]
                call movetoobject ${Me.Target.ID} ${followpawndist} 0
                ;obj_Move:MovePawn[${Me.DTarget.ID},FALSE]
                IsFollowing:Set[FALSE]
                Me:Sprint
                }
            if ${Me.Target.Distance} < 5 && ${DoAttackPosition} && ${tankpawn.Equal[${Me.TargetOfTarget}]}
                {
                call CheckAttackPosition
                }
            if ${Me.Target.Distance} < 1
                {
                call TooClose
                }
    [B]     if ${Me.IsSprinting}
                {
                    Me:Sprint
                }[/B]
            }
        return
    }

By inserting the "if ${Me.IsSprinting}" during the attack movement routines will ensure that Sprinting is turned off.

I am hoping that mmoAddict checks in his script to turn it back on if you want to sprint or further modify this routine to turn it back on based upon the gui setting.

Let us know if that worked for you so that we can encorporate it into VGA.
  43. bowie

bowie Senior Member

Thanks Zandros. I'll try that.

I was thinking of also adding the following to Obj_Follow.iss to counter the 'walking'

Code (Text):

if ${Me.Velocity}<(whatever run speed velocity is)
    {
    Me:Sprint[40]
    }

but I'm not sure of the correct code.

I'm at work at the minute so cant remember exactly the code I tried but it gave me an error that it found a non-numeric value when I tried this.
  44. Zandros

${Me.Velocity} is not reporting correctly nor is ${Me.Speed}. I hightly recommend against using them.

As for Obj_Follow, wow, I was experimenting around and had put out a better and improved one. Please use SVN to update your vg_objects folder so that you will have the latest version.
  45. bowie

bowie Senior Member

Excellent Zandros. Will try it first thing tomorrow. Incidentally, the fix you mentioned in an earlier post 'seems' to be working so far :)

Did you find anything glaringly broken in obj_follow?
  46. Zandros

no, I did not. Its just that I remembered a while back playing around with different ways of following a person.
  47. mmoaddict

you do have to know what those routines were written for. Often times we are running into mobs that have ae STUN cloudes and i wrote the code to kinda push through the stun and get you out of the cloud.

There is still so much to do with VGA, i would have to get a full time job just developing it. There is much we can do and will make the more enjoyable.

mmo
  48. Zandros

Count me in... any projects you want done, I'm more than glad to help out.
  49. zimzzat

zimzzat Active Member

Well I'm back after a year long break. Been tinkering around with the VGA I had over a year ago. I'm excited to upgrade and see what has changed over the past year.
  50. mmoaddict

vga does what it does reasonably well.. there are some annoying bugs i am working out with the counterspelling not being quick enough and the buffing messing up. Also the not accepting resses..

The interactions area has a few things in it but i am about to release another feature that will auto join your char to an irc room and you can make all the people in the irc room run scripts or execute commands. Simple and is mostly innerspace stuff so will easily migrate to whatever the next game is.
  51. Zandros

Hey mmoAddict, the following code is my routine for handling counters with a PSI. This routine is always called constantly, especially right after an ability is casted.

I have experimented with /StopCasting command and to be frank with you... it has a cooldown so I found it is best to not use it at all.

What is cool about my routine, it checks to see if there is enough time to counter the ability and if not it continues on without waiting. Otherwise, if the counter has enough time... it will wait until it is ready and will attempt to counter the target's spell.

I recommend calling this routine from your MeCasting routine in VGA.... within the Me.IsCasting loop, VG.InGlobalRecovery loop, and again right after the two loops.

Hope this helps you.

Code (Text):

;===================================================
    ;===          HANDLE COUNTERS                   ====
    ;===================================================
    ;
    variable string Counter1 = "Nullifying Field"
    variable string Counter2 = "Psychic Mutation"

function HandleCounters()
    {
        ;; We can only counter if we can ID the target's ability
        if !${Me.TargetCasting.Equal[None]}
        {
            ;; Do this if we got enough time to counter
            if ${Me.Ability[${Counter1}].TimeRemaining}<${Me.Ability[${Counter1}].TriggeredCountdown} || ${Me.Ability[${Counter2}].TimeRemaining}<${Me.Ability[${Counter2}].TriggeredCountdown}
            {
                ;; Finish casting current spell
                while ${Me.IsCasting}
                {
                    waitframe
                }

;; Wait till ready to use an ability
                while !${Me.Ability["Torch"].IsReady}
                {
                    waitframe
                }

;; Loop this while target is casting
                while !${Me.TargetCasting.Equal[None]}     
                {
                    ;; Do this if Counter #1 is ready
                    if !${Me.TargetCasting.Equal[None]} && ${Me.Ability[${Counter1}].TimeRemaining}==0
                    {
                        VGExecute "/reactioncounter 1"
                        wait 5
                        return
                    }

;; Do this if Counter #2 is ready
                    if !${Me.TargetCasting.Equal[None]} && ${Me.Ability[${Counter2}].TimeRemaining}==0
                    {
                        VGExecute "/reactioncounter 2"
                        wait 5
                        return
                    }
                }
            }
            else
            {
                ;; If the counters aren't ready... executing these will do nothing
                VGExecute "/reactioncounter 2"
                VGExecute "/reactioncounter 1"
            }
        }
    }

52. godspeed3k

godspeed3k Member

Necro Class

I have been playing around a bit, and while I am only a novice a this scripting language, I can grasp most of the concepts. I have created a CLS_Necromancer.iss as follows (Parts have been copied and plagiarized and changed to meet requirements.

Code (Text):

function Necromancer_DownTime()
    {
        call Bloodfeast
        call GroupInviteAccept
        call Necro_PetHeal
        call Necro_PetHOT
    }
    function Necromancer_PreCombat()
    {

}
    function Necromancer_Opener()
    {

}
    function Necromancer_Combat()
    {
        call Bloodfeast
        call GroupInviteAccept
        call Necro_PetHeal
        call Necro_PetHOT
    }
    function Necromancer_Emergency()
    {

}
    function Necromancer_PostCombat()
    {
    }
    function Necromancer_PostCasting()
    {

}
    function Necromancer_Burst()
    {
    DoBurstNow:Set[FALSE]
    }
    ; added simple group invite, can't get VGA group invite to work, even with friends identified.
    function GroupInviteAccept()
    {
        if ${Me.GroupInvitePending}
        {
            vgexecute /groupacceptinvite
        }
    }

; Turns on Bloodfeast if Energy is below 95% and Health is above 65 and Turns it off if either Health falls below 40% or Energy is Above 95%.
    function Bloodfeast()
    {

if (${Me.EnergyPct} > 95 && ${Me.Effect[Bloodfeast](exists)})
        {
            call executeability "Bloodfeast" "Utility" "Neither"
            return
        }
        if (${Me.HealthPct} < 40 && ${Me.Effect[Bloodfeast](exists)})
        {
            return
        }
        if (${Me.HealthPct} > 65 && ${Me.EnergyPct} < 95 && (!${Me.Effect[Bloodfeast](exists)}))
        {
            return
        }
    }
    ; copied from this forum, petheals, added summon pet if no pet calling CallPet function below.

function Necro_PetHeal()
    {
    if ${Me.Pet.Health} == NULL
        {
        call CallPet
        return
        }
    if ${Me.Pet.Health} < 65
        {
        call checkabilitytocast "Blood Rite IV"
                if ${Return}
                {
                wait 3
                call executeability "Blood Rite IV" "Heal" "Neither"
                }
        }
    }
    ; if heath drops below 45, PetHot is cast, hopefully enough with Petheals to restore health. Again, calls pet if none is up.
    function Necro_PetHOT()
    {
    if ${Me.Pet.Health} == NULL
        {
        call CallPet
        return
        }
    if ${Me.Pet.Health} < 40
        {
        call checkabilitytocast "Mend Flesh III"
                if ${Return}
                {
                wait 3
                call executeability "Mend Flesh III" "Heal" "Neither"
                }
        }
    }
    ; created CallPet, because with above functions, would try to heal, and spam erros of wrong target when pet health was NULL.
    function CallPet()
    {
    call checkabilitytocast "Awaken Abomination III"
            if ${Return}
            {
            wait 3
            call executeability "Awaken Abomination III" "Utility" "Neither"
            }
    }

I know I need to create a GUI for these functions; but the gui files do not yet make sense to me. I am sure there is more elegant ways to work this out.

Also, I am hoping to grasp enough of the language that I can work out how to create a good Necropsy function, similar to how it works in KBot.

Any advise or criticism is appreciated.
  53. godspeed3k

godspeed3k Member

More Functions

Also added:
    Code (Text):

;calls damage minion if there is less than 2 minions up.
    function CallMinion()
    {
    if ${Me.Minion} < 2
        {
        call checkabilitytocast "Ritual of the Slayer"
                if ${Return}
                {
                wait 3
                call executeability "Ritual of the Slayer" "Utility" "Neither"
                }
        }
    }
  54. forsi

forsi Member

Hi

is VGA still working ? i have some problems with the autofollow function and or the combat...

my alt toon keeps following my main toon till the first combat. then he stops following and only resume following if i restart VGA..

same basicly happens when combat starts he fights and when the mob dies he does nothing till i restart the bot.

did i setup some wrong settings or is it not working atm ?

forsi
  55. maras

maras Active Member

I got no problems at all.
    You have to set 3 things: name of char to follow (click button), follow distance (text field) and activate the following itself (checkbox before it).

One thing - following is stopped during fight, IF you haven't checked the option "follow friend in combat".
  56. xbit

xbit Member

Been using VGA a lot since I have come back to VG and had a few questions about it.

First I noticed in this post:
    Then #233
    Then #234
    Currently I have a the version with only Healpct and heal_buff. I have re-downloaded VGA and updated via SVN still only 2 tabs. Is this the current state of VGA or do I have something wrong?

Next I have an issue with the Interaction>Mechanics tab. None of them are working.

In post #13 Amadeus asked
    I was wondering if this ever got added and if not could it be? It's a small annoyance.

On the Custom Class Routines does anyone have any class combat routines that should not be used that are included with VGA and/or have been enchanced or updated that are not part of the SVN that would like to share?

I also noticed that for instance the Bard custom routine has many of the spell/abilites coded into the CLS and was wondering if anyone has taken the time to rework it so that the class tab would allow you to custom tune those? i.e. fuction_DownTime has "RunSong" could have a pick down to allow you to run a different down time song on the fly instead of going into the script and editing it. (I know about the bard song setting on the class tab already but serving as an example)
  57. bricky2690

bricky2690 Active Member

Any reason why the bot will not heal out of group? I have updated with SVN. Set the sliders and spells. I had thought before when I used this it owuld heal out of group. Trying to relearn this and so confused.. ;)

Ok, when i grouped him he healed a couple of times.. now even in group he doesnt heal. Am I doing something wrong. any help would be greatly appreciated.
  58. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

Please note that the author of this script is out-of-the-country at the moment and may not be available to make updates. However, it is open-source and everyone is welcome to learn lavishscript and fix anything that is causing problems for them. Everyone who has written a script had to learn the language AND they did the work and gave this script to you for free, so it's only fair that you spend the time to learn it as well.

Or, you could try sending the author a PM and see if he would have an ETA on being able to work on it for you.
  59. duken666

duken666 Active Member

The thing is that not all of us have a Computer Science degree. If i knew how to code i wouldnt ask you for help. I believe that it is also in your interest that at least 1 working afk Bot and 1 multibox Bot are around which we the none coders can use. Else you should write that only coders should purchase your Bot. That is my oppinion. Considering the price for isxvg and innerspace and bots for other games in the market i believe it is more than fair to ask the Developer for some help. The better your product the more you will earn in the end.
  60. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

Perhaps we'll get lucky and I'll see the bug at some point when updating the extension. It's a MASSIVE project, so it's hard to fix problems unless someone says exactly what datatype member/method isn't working. I don't use the script for grouping and it works great for what I've tested it for (including healing/buffing myself while playing as a solo player.)

I have no degrees in anything related to computers or even technology. In fact, I've never taken a single class in anything even remotely resembling a computer.

As I said, everyone who has learned this scripting language, learned it from scratch and took the long time that it took to learn it (including the author of VGA.) It doesn't require any degrees to learn any of this, nor does it require that a person be a coder -- it just takes time and energy.

If you find out what is not working with ISXVG, I will fix it. However, I did not write, and do not support VGA or any other scripts here on the forums (other than the one or two that I wrote myself.)

If you don't think ISXVG is worth it without the script, then you're welcome to cancel your subscription. (I even will do refunds if the payment was made fairly recently.) Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the author to return to the project, use a different script, fix this one, or write you own. Lots of choices.
  61. maras

maras Active Member

I have never seen 3 healing tabs. But I had longer breaks in playing Vanguard and using VGA.

To my knowledge VGA only heals group (or raid) and has never done different.

In the end VGA needs the name of the toon, which it has to heal. Only the names in your healer tab are normally valid. If groups are changed after start of VGA (=additioal toons are loaded to group or raid), new chars don't get any heals. You have to restart VGA then (or find another way to update the listed chars).

If you want VGA to act different, you could change it. At least that's what I have done. I have edited my personal version, so it heals the tank toon, even if he isn't in my group.
  62. xbit

xbit Member

Are you saying you have the Name of the party member in the tab or just "Tank Heal" "Med Heal" and "Squishy Heal"?

I'm going to try to do some modifications to VGA also so that I can heal pets, could you post or PM your mods so I can get idea on how you went about it? I'm a script newb but I figure enough copy paste I can begin to see how things fuction.
  63. bricky2690

bricky2690 Active Member

ok, still having am inor problem with VGA. I have installed and looked through the routines and I just cant place the problem. It will auto follow but it will not do anything. Am I missing an add on somewhere that fixes this? I have re-downloaded it several time and ran SVN to update it. everything goes in well and it opens up like a champ. Just wont do anything past the following. Any help or a point in the right direction would be a great help thanks.
  64. xbit

xbit Member

You need vg_objects is the only dependant. http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php/3980-vg_objects-Official-Release

Make sure the auto assist % is 100 or less - 0 will not auto attack
  65. bricky2690

bricky2690 Active Member

Yeah, I have the VG_objects in there. In came in one the download with VGA. Right now i am just trying to get him to heal. I havent had him assist yet. Just getting frustrated as all other scripts are working great. But, the one I use, well use to, ws VGA.
  66. bricky2690

bricky2690 Active Member

still can't get VGA to heal only follow. Anyone out there have any ideas?
  67. jooman

jooman Member

I too am unable to get this going. Seems all my scripts die after 10 - 15 minsm although VGA seems broken all together.

This author still out of the country? Please help.
  68. darlonten

darlonten Member

aney chance of this geting an update im having the same trubles wont heal will buff when i add a new person to the group but will only toss 1 buff then just nota
  69. Zandros

Please tell me the Class and Level of your healer so that I can go test it.
  70. darlonten

darlonten Member

51 shamy bear
  71. Zandros

Cool, I have a 45 Wolf Shaman so I will test it out tonight when I get off from work.
  72. Zandros

I tested VGA with my wolf shaman and it healed great.
  73. kilapanda

kilapanda Member

hello, recently i put in a soul augment into my bard's offhand weapon. now vga will no longer equip it when i am switching from out of combat to combat. when i try to equip another weapon into the offhand slot, i have no problems. the strange thing is that my mainhand weapon has a soul aug in it but vga has no issues with that as well.

any ideas why this may be?
  74. Zandros

Could you tell me some information about the weapon?

Name: ${Me.Inventory[ name of item ].Name}
    Weapon Type: ${Me.Inventory[ name of item ].Type}
    DefaultEquipSlot: ${Me.Inventory[ name of item ].DefaultEquipSlot}
    Description: ${Me.Inventory[ name of item ].Description}
  75. VGgamer

VGgamer Member

1 question and 1 possible request.

1) question is on the first page of VGA there is a burst dps button. Yet I see no way to set up. Is there a way to set it up I am missing?

2) request, on the "combat main" page there is a clickies section, is it possible to set up a delay on it? kinda like how we can use vga to delay when a toon loots, or slows VGA heals? This would help as now it just calls for an item to be clicked over and over even when on cool down. Or on some if they want to put an epic in the slot bad things could happen if they click a dps epic (like the sorc) to lead in a fight.

Either way thanks for keeping VGA going!