Discussion in 'Scripts (LavishScript)' started by don'tdoit, Feb 17, 2007.

1. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

This thread is for comments and suggestions for the VGAlarm script found here:

http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=684

Please make sure you have the latest version and read the release notes (in the thread above) before making comments and/or suggestions.

To Do list is in the release thread and the comments at the top of the script itself.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  2. Makeikusa

Makeikusa Active Member

Thank you! ;)
  3. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

Mostly just bumping this since people are getting tells from GM's while botting...

Also, I plan to release a newer version that adds the following options:

1) Maximizes your VG window on alert.
    2) Send an email to you on alert.
    3) Combat alert. Good for crafters who shouldn't be entering combat.

#2 is the big one, and all of this is working perfectly for me right now. What I need to do before release is add in code to save option settings, and then add in options for these 3 items. Once I get that done, I'll release the new version...

For now, the current version will save your ass... turn down game sound, turn up speakers and run this baby.

(I still plan on adding in warp detection and a friends list type thing.)
  4. Shaba

Shaba Active Member

I dont think this is parsing emotes, can it parse these for ${Me.FName}?

Also a list of words to look for other than ${Me.FName} would be nice, that can be added by the user via the GUI. In case I want to search for my common nickname, for example.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  5. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

Hmm... did something change regarding ${Me} that I missed? Oddness... used to work fine.

Anybody wanting to monitor channels for your name might want to do a find and replace until I post a new version:

Code (Text):

find:
    if ${Text.Find[${Me}]}

replace with:
    if ${Text.Find[${Me.FName}]}

Thanks for the tip, Shaba.
  6. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  7. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

VGAlarm v20070321.01 has been uploaded. Just noticed the version in the script and the about window will still say v20070320.

Please post any feedback, ideas, comments, anything, etc. here.

Next version I'll likely add autopatching.
  8. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

Is anybody using this? Need to know if i should keep publicly releasing it...

the silence means one or more of the following:
    1) it's perfect
    2) nobody's using it
    3) it sucks so bad that it's not worth commenting on

Personally, it hasn't saved me from a GM /tell yet, but it has saved me from conversations with strangers while afk crafting a few times.

/me fishes for compliments, criticism, suggestions, and or old boot.
  9. adakos

adakos Active Member

I think a lot of people are put off by the poco requirement.
    However, I like it! It's fun and joyous!
  10. bohicaseti

bohicaseti Active Member

You've made a very useful tool don'tdoit. It's just like everyone's smoke alarms at home. They rarely get appreciated until they actually show their use. :yea: Two thumbs up.
  11. Shaba

Shaba Active Member

Yes! Also looking forward to new options :) Also would like an ignore sender list, when parsing tells.
  12. masacist

masacist Active Member

I'm using it too, GJ dontdoit! Keep it up! :yea:
  13. DrmChld

DrmChld Active Member

Haven't tried it yet. Will d/l it today and give some feedback :)

Edit: There is a conflict in vgalarm and isxpoco instructions: I resolved by putting them in both locations. This is just an FYI:
    isxpoco: "Both files should be deflated into your MAIN innerspace directory." Referring to runtime files
    vgalarm: "Put the 2 runtime DLLs in your windows system32 directory or it won't work."
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  14. Shaba

Shaba Active Member

I didnt have any issues. In fact in this post it says
    "Put the 2 runtime DLLs in your windows system32 directory or it won't work. Extract the extension files into the innerspace extensions directory.

If you can't follow those simple directions, this will NOT work for you! It's not hard, so just READ and do it."

And that's what I did
  15. Makeikusa

Makeikusa Active Member

I use this -constantly-, and love it, you rock :D
  16. desire

desire Active Member

Few requests, if you find them appropriate for scope of your script:

- Cancel all trade requests
    - Cancel all buffs cast on your
    - Log out from VG when ported/recieve a GM tell.
  17. aChallenged1

aChallenged1 Active Member

Logging is the best way to tell them "I'm a bot". Only a bot would log out automatically when contacted by a GM. A real person would respond.

Ah, memories of the same discussion repeatedly on MQ2.
  18. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

What I will do (When I get time(TM)):

- Alert on warping of any kind (summon, whatever). This has been in scope all along, I just need to do something on my end to make it happen first (no details, sorry).
    - On Alert, set a global variable to TRUE**
    - Alert on trade requests (maaaaybe cancel as an option, see below)

What I won't do:

- Make this a fully automated AFK bot.

The scope of this script/project is to make you aware of certain events. This will allow you to semi-afk bot, or just plain afk. Watch TV, take a nap, go cook dinner, learn how to script... if you can hear the alarm, you can react in a timely manner.

I'm not particularly for or against fully-automated botting, but it is out of scope to make this script pass you off as a human.

**Just had this idea. I'm going to be adding a global variable the next release. This will allow other script writers to code a check into their script. If the check is TRUE, then they can react to it. Reaction is totally up to the script writer, but for example, a crafting script could check for the var to be TRUE and if it is then PAUSE the craft script.
  19. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

just had another thought... script writers should be able to check if alarm is triggered now. i'll double check some things then post some sample code if so.
  20. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

yep.

Script writers. If you would like to pause your script, end it, or whatever based upon a vgalarm being tripped, simply check the status of ChatAlarm:

Code (Text):

if ${Script[vgalarm].Variable[ChatAlarm]}
    {
        ;TRUE
        ; do stuff here
    }
    else
    {
       ;FALSE or NULL
       ;should be NULL if script isn't running.
    }

Something simply like that should work fine. Do with it what you will.
  21. Xeon

Xeon Active Member

Code (Text):

if ${Script[vgalarm](exists)} && ${Script[vgalarm].Variable[ChatAlarm]}
    {
        ;TRUE
        ; do stuff here
    }
    else
    {
       ;FALSE or NULL
       ;should be NULL if script isn't running.
    }

22. Makeikusa

Makeikusa Active Member

hiya don'tdoit, love this, you're awesome :)

a few days ago i loaded up vgalarm like normal, I believe after the latest patch, and the font is somehow whacked out. so I uninstalled everything, deleted the directory, and reinstalled everything fresh (innerspace too, not just your script), but I'm still having the same problem.

the first screen looks like image 2, but when you click on "options" the font is all garbled and looks like image 1. the script works just fine, but I can't decipher the font to be able to set up the options.

it began to do this with vgalarm .40, so I upgraded to the poco version but am still getting the same problem. this font bug doesn't affect vgcraft or any other ui scripts i am running. any help would be appreciated, thank you :)

Attached Files:

23. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

Really not sure on that one. When i get home later, I'll see what I can do.
  24. Makeikusa

Makeikusa Active Member

25. Shaba

Shaba Active Member

Would like this to parse for trade invites as well, so my crafting script doesnt have to do it :evil:
  26. sfincter

sfincter Active Member

I downloaded and installed it. I cant find instructions how to get this to run thou =( Will this work with any script already running ie diplobot , or vgcrafter?

How do you load it?

ext isxPoco

runscript vgalarm?

It wont run, i double checked all downloads to proper extentions/ sys32 etc..
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  27. aChallenged1

aChallenged1 Active Member

Port to DotNet?

Would it be possible for you to port this over to DotNet, Don'tDoIt?

I ask because I would prefer not to add to clutter on my game screen. Though, unlike Diplobot I'd rather it not be always in the foreground unless minimized, if you're amiable to this idea.

Thanks for your consideration and the great alarm.
  28. dyeman

dyeman Active Member

make it so it sends a text message to our cell phones. now that would be hot haha
  29. djvj

djvj Active Member

I think it can already, it supports sending an email right? Well I know with verizon, you do like 5551239876@verizonwireless.com as your email and it sends that number a txt msg.
  30. Smyrk

Smyrk Active Member

Similar for Cingular <phone number>@mobile.mycingular.com
  31. Etain

Etain Active Member

Having issues with XP64 and the skin of the interface any suggestions?

I'd love to see a hook in this for radar with the option to port out or alarm when someone comes onto the radar. Heck even a way to scrape names from the /who from the zone would be nice.
  32. djvj

djvj Active Member

Is this still being worked on? Have been looking forward to the Friends list yet this project has had no progress for a long time.

As we all know, you can easily get 20 tells from gold sellers per day. This raises false alarms at an annoying pace. Could we get added detection for this so it doesn't trigger the alarm and/or send emails out. I figured the script would just have to detect for www. in the body of the message and drop it from triggering.

I found a temp solution to filtering out these annoying messages by forwarding all tells as a txt message to my phone. Verizon seems to drop most of them when their "From" name is over a certain amount of letters. My phone only forwards them when they make short names. I get an email back in my normal inbox looking like this when it's dropped.

This report relates to a message you sent with the following header fields:

Message-id: <0JIB00AXRS5H6PJ0@*********.net>
    Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 05:49:17 +0000 (GMT)
    To: *********@vtext.com
    Subject:

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: *********@vtext.com
    Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred
    Diagnostic code: smtp;550 SMTP connection refused
    Remote system: dns;smtpsp.vtext.com (TCP|167.206.4.198|61263|66.174.76.30|25) (njbrwigsp10 MailShield SMTP [UCE not wanted])
  33. jelsea

jelsea Active Member

VG Client Crash when VGAlarm goes off.

This my first time using VG Alarm so not sure if related to the new patch or not. I got everything working and it Does E-Mail my phone when the Alarm goes off, but something weird happens when the Alarm does go off, the Screen goes black and the client crashes. This is in Full Screen Mode, I wonder if I need to run this in window mode for it to work properly.

Tried in Window mode and the client still crashes.
  34. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

New version being posted...

FYI, I'm not actively playing VG but wanted to get this version out there. It adds a ton of functionality that I've wanted to add for quite awhile. Feel free to post errors, bugs, etc. I'll do my best to fix them...
  35. jelsea

jelsea Active Member

Great Update, the Ignore Phrase is a godsend! :) There seems to be a problem with the UI background of VGalarm. Everything seems to be in black on the background so can't make out some of the options.

Some Suggestions I would love to see.

A Quit client on Alarm option. That way if the alarm is setoff by either a Tell or from Combat, or from what ever the options are set to setoff the Alarm, it will just quit the VG client.

On the Combat Alarm, can you add that to the E-Mail option to so that it sends a E-Mail when your player is being attack and most likely will be dead.

My situation is probally differn't from eveyrone else. Due to Vista's damm bugs I can't install any audio on my PC untill they fix the damm Bus problems with my motherboard and vista. So by the E-mail function going to my phone this is the only way I can hear the Alarms. So thats why I ask for anything that sets off the Alarm be E-Mailed as a option. Thx. :)
    Last edited: May 27, 2007
  36. djvj

djvj Active Member

Woot, I think this completes the script don'tdoit. At least for me. Thanks alot.
  37. djvj

djvj Active Member

One may ask, how do you improve on the great script this is...? I know...add detection for getting kicked to character select!! This seems to be happening alot lately, would be nice if this event sent a msg to email also.
  38. jelsea

jelsea Active Member

Id love to have some function where I receive a E-Mail on my phone that a GM is sending tells to my char or messing with my char in some way. Id love to be able to, have a IP setup for the vgalarm then with my phone I could connect to VG alarm with the IP and tell it to close the VG client. Or maybe send text to the GM from my phone, or anyone else that sends me a tell. Being able to use the phones to talk in VG would be so cool.
  39. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

out of scope, sorry. that would be better suited built into a bot script, or (even better) standalone.
  40. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

This, too, is out of scope for VGAlarm.

That said, this is entirely possible. I've already done this for personal use (never publicly released) for EQ1 and WoW. While I won't release those or my VG versions, you can glean some idea on how to do it looking at my IRC code for ALICE posted by Adakos:

http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816

If I remember right (haven't looked at his post thoroughly), that will give you the basics to actually have FULL CONTROL of your toon via IRC. I do this all the time, it's pretty nice.

The same concept will work for the AIM or mail plugins.
  41. djvj

djvj Active Member

I fail to see how this is out of scope. You added support for port/warp, this is just as out of scope as that. Bot scripts don't include sending an email either, so can't suggest it there.

To add this to one bot script wouldn't be nearly as useful as having it in vgalarm, which complements every other script out there. I wasn't suggesting much, just a few lines of code that detects if you are still logged in or not.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  42. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

you talked me into it being in scope... now i have to get the motivation! heheh... when i get to it, i'll add that.

BTW, the port/warp/summon thing was always in scope. the point of that one is to counteract GMs summoning your player, or moving your character a bit via port/warp/summon while you were botting (combat or crafting or whatever). come to think of it, i might not have set that code up to email you on port/warp/summon.

On another note... how's everybody enjoying the filters? gotta be awesome not to get alarmed on gold spammers now, eh?
  43. djvj

djvj Active Member

Glad I could knock some sense into ya :).

On that matter, yes its feels great not to be woken up 3-4 times at night for them. They have gotten clever though...slightly. Seems they send blank messages now too. But I figured out how to combat that and add it into the filter (requires manual editing the config save for vgalarm).

If you want to filter out the annoying blank messages, open up your "tells" log from craftbot. Find the line that contains the blank message and copy the : and everything past it. Add that into a new line in your vgalarm xml. It should look like this:

<Set Name="Phrase">
    <Setting Name="www.">: </Setting>
    <Setting Name=": ">www.</Setting>
    </Set>

This doesn'y copy correctly, there is a small character after the ": " which some pc's see it as a square, some see it as a T. Make sure that's there. That symbol means the end of a line but is invisible in VG. Maybe SoE will fix their tell system and prevent that from being inserted one day....

Thanks again don'tdoit for the great script.
  44. jelsea

jelsea Active Member

Yep think god for the filters. It seems in Vista its the "T" like symbol, but in XP its the box.
  45. djvj

djvj Active Member

I have the same exact windows XP installed on my laptop and gaming pc, on one it's the box, other is the T, go figure....
  46. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

Regarding the IRC control of your chars via IRC... the ALICE AI part is not required to be able to control your char. The ALICE part is just for AI to talk with people who /tell you in game automatically and intelligently.

For full IRC control, you'd just use the iss scripts.

EITHER solution that you are aiming to use (full AI or just control) will require some work on your part. Mostly reading carefully, but the rest just setting up the scripts and other pieces . I know of 2 people who have gotten this working successfully (1 full AI, 1 just control) so it is possible if you just read and understand what you are reading.
  47. jelsea

jelsea Active Member

If your not going to use alice, you will also need to disable the, "variable string BotNick = "<alicenick>"" You do this buy putting a ";" in front of that line.

Also use the local IRC server it will save you alot of headache from using a public one, cause of all the disconnects. You realy don't have to change anything on the local server config scripts. So just run the .exe file and connect to your PC's IP and Port that is running the local irc server. Now if you are using alice there is a problem with the alice nicks joining your selected channels for the first time. To fix this, with a Op'd nick allready in the channel just invite those alice nicks into the channel and they will auto-join them.
  48. adakos

adakos Active Member

glad to see someone is using the Alice idea i posted on behalf of you a loong time ago dontdoit.
    Man, that was my first script release (the original crafting chatter)

haha, i cant believe that just include randoms, waits, and preset messages randomly chattered. :eek:

you live, and learn!
  49. Cr4zyb4rd

Cr4zyb4rd Active Member

50. Etain

Etain Active Member

Any possibility to adding in spawn alert alarms?

If a mob pops or if a player comes into radar range?
  51. toobin

toobin Active Member

Yes, I too would like to be notified if certain players come into radar range. Very helpful on pvp servers.
  52. jelsea

jelsea Active Member

don'tdoit, is there any chance we can get a on death alarm option?
  53. jelsea

jelsea Active Member

Hey I'm learning this :) Figured out how to add a Alarm and Email on death. Just put this in one of the "atom" functions anywhere in the Script. I personally put it under the VG_Inc_Text.

if ${Me.HealthPct} <= 0
    {
    call EchoAlarm "You Have Died!"
    ChatTrap:Set[TRUE]
    }

Depending on where you put this in any of the atom functions in the script it can take a couple mins to go off after you die. I guess that has to do with how long it take the script to get to that certain area of the script. If anyone placed it somewhere and they notice the alarm goes off as soon as you die let me know where ya placed it.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  54. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

Just updated VGAlarm to have Proximity Alerts:
    Direct link to update notes:
    http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=684#6

Go to the top of that page for the new download.

After a couple months of not playing VG, I've started playing again. I doubt I'll go back through this thread previous to today for feature requests, so if there's something you really want, please post it and I'll see what I can do. (Basically, I'm considering every issue closed at this point. Reopen the issue by posting again!)
  55. IeU

IeU Active Member

wow nice, i think i ll disable the alarm on vgcraftbot and use urs :)
  56. simon777

simon777 Banned

Vanguard Gold

Yes but when you really look at what is out there or is it their you will find that it is the only thing that can be said or done about the whole thing.

Vanguard Gold
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2009