Discussion in 'OgreBot' started by Kannkor, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

I have quite a few people ask me about this, and we usually discuss it every once in a while on IRC, so thought I'd make a post about it.

Here is what I personally have 1 grouped. I'm sure others can add to the list.

I am specifically posting this under the OgreBot forums and not in the general because some fights require special coding (which OgreBot has, and I can't say if EQ2bot does or not).

For me personally, I'm using very well geared toons (T3 red armor with decent jewelry).

I added all the mobs I personally think are killable, and noted if I haven't killed them.
    Anyways, to the list!

• Lair of the Dragon Queen
      • Wyvernlord Tuluun - Tank him someone near the pool. Bards/chanters will auto lead people, and camp spot or move into melee range will pull them out. Just watch to make sure they don't get stuck inside the pool against the ledge.
      • Wyvernlord Zaos - Tank and spank. Bring a beefy tank though, because you can't clear the stomp off, so you need to live through it.
      • Vulaan - Sit 1 group on an egg, and pick someone to run around doing the eggs. Kill the adds ASAP then back to the namer. This is quite the endurance fight.
    • The Palace of Roehn Theer
      • Lieutenant Buldoral - Tank and spank. Be sure to do the books at 70% and 45%!
      • Azara the Seer - Tank and spank with joust. I campspot everyone in 1 spot (except the tank), then move your tank out to max range and fight him there. When he red text, everyone will joust out automatically. You will have to joust in manually.
      • Kendis Parmare - Tank and spank. Do the orbs if you want, I prefer to kill the adds, then /afk.
      • Penda Parmare - Tank and spank. Do the orbs if you want, I prefer to kill the adds, then /afk.
      • Iilsaad Barrier - Place against the invisible door towards maalus. People will move automatically as long as camp spot is on.
      • Maalus - (I haven't attempted/killed him yet) - With 2 tanks I think it would be possible. People will joust automatically, so just keep him at/around max range. Need 2 tanks because your tank WILL get ported at some point.
    • Perah'Celsis' Abominable Laboratory
      • Ernax Heridion - Tank and spank. May need to joust or ranged everyone.
      • Vernox the Insatiable - Tank and spank.
      • Sara Greenheart - (I haven't attempted/killed him yet) - Requires 2 tanks and a runner for the little spawns.
      • Haraakat the seer - (I haven't attempted/killed him yet) - Would be one annoyingly long ass fight.
      • The Scavanator - (I haven't attempted/killed him yet) - Requires 2 tanks (or high aggro folks).
      • Xilaxis The Explorer - (I haven't attempted/killed him yet) - Tank and spank with a joust.

• Icy Keep: Retribution (Thanks Macker)
      • Hoarfrost Pyreflyte - sit everyone in the pool near the middle of the room, and have them do ranged DPS(the water stops the knockback). Tank stays out of the water just within heal range. He has a red text AE which also puts a curse on those in close proximity, but if the tank is at max heal range he's the only one that will be affected. Curse has a delevel component but as long as it's cured relatively quickly it doesn't seem to matter much. There are also eggs scattered throughout the room that spawn heroic adds when you get near them. Eggs repop eventually, if the fight goes on long enough.
      • Frozen Statue of the Ice Maiden - she's immune until she hits 10%. To get her there, you need to kill the adds that come along with her, however everytime you kill an add, another two pop. So, you either need a beefy tank and high HPS healers or two tanks. She also memwipes every now then, supposedly on a one minute timer, but either I got a lucky Ire proc a few times or it's closer to every 2-3 minutes.
      • The rest - dunno, I was so utterly bored of the zone at this point I didn't care anymore
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  2. wolfppo

wolfppo Active Member

How well do you do the X2 zone the Vigilant or w/e it is called?
  3. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

I hate that zone with a passion. Having said that, pretty sure I cleared it not including the end boss. I skip him when I'm botting it. I could be wrong though, I may have been 2 grouping it. We'll see if I ever get THAT bored.
  4. canoppener

canoppener Active Member

I 1 group the x2 at least once a week, and it generally isn't bad at all. I also skip the last name (haven't even tried him).

For the guy you have to stop attacking, I turn off melee attack on all my toons (when you hit a ca you'll automatically auto attack) and when he turns black I turn of ca's via the uplink, then I hit no target in the mcp to clear everyones target (which will turn off auto attack). When the buff goes away just hit CA's in the uplink.
  5. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Oh.. for him.. giggle..

I use: ogre x2
    (that's the command in the console). Turns on an on-screen display. That way you can just target yourself.
    However, because of the curse-auto-target. I put all my people assisting my chanter. That way if my tank gets cursed it doesn't matter.
    One thing worth noting with the x2 script - If you mess up and spawn the adds, it will report it's not safe to attack him even if it is because the adds give the same thing as if he was bad to attack. So simply wait it out.
  6. insanitywiz

insanitywiz Senior Member

Sara Greenheart - And you don't need to do a tank switch if you have a scout tank it. Not sure if your troub can survive/hold agro. If you do that you can either offtank the add that spawns if you ignore the little spawns, or have your tank run to grab them.
  7. flatlined

flatlined Active Member

Sara - much easier to just scout tank that kind of fight imo. We always used to scout tank on Tac Armor in MMIS too.

Maalus - how many healers are you going to run, in order to keep up with curse curing? If not cured, curse of dev spreads. Can't really see this working with 1 group, especially factoring in teleports. Hard Mode seems out of the window due to the charm curing, too. Maybe when we are 100, I doubt 50 more AA points will make enough of a difference.
  8. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

So if you use a scout tank on Sara you never have to switch at all?

I'd think my troub could tank it.. keeping aggro is a whole different story though.. lol.

I'm pretty sure 2 priests can cure all of the curses on maalus. They don't come very often. Having a priest ported at the wrong time could definitely suck though lol. So group makeup may have to be: 3 priests, 2 tanks, 1 chanter (going to NEED mana regen).

Unrelated, the curse doesn't actually need to be cured.. For kicks and giggles, my raid guild decided to ignore it and still won. Fight was MUCH harder (talking hardmode too), so it was like hard, hard mode.
  9. bastion19

bastion19 Active Member

That is correct.
  10. insanitywiz

I would suggest having your troub tank it, and have everyone else, except maybe the coercer assist through your tank, you could then have your tank running around grabbing the adds and killing them down, and monitor your DPS and just target himself whenever agro starts to be an issue. Would be a long fight due to having to keep your agro/DPS low, but it could definately be done, and move you on to crab and hara.
  11. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Could click off the troub dehate on the troub only, then give ++hate from the warlock and coe to the troub. He may manage.. My tank can easily solo the adds (well 1 for sure, never tried to grab em both, but can't see it being an issue).

All and all though, I'm not sure if this is really worth my time. I prefer fights I can pull and /afk on if they are going to take a long time... :) I think my entire list is possible? I think so.. will I prove it? Not likely :)
  12. macker0407

macker0407 Active Member

• Icy Keep: Retribution
      • Hoarfrost Pyreflyte - sit everyone in the pool near the middle of the room, and have them do ranged DPS(the water stops the knockback). Tank stays out of the water just within heal range. He has a red text AE which also puts a curse on those in close proximity, but if the tank is at max heal range he's the only one that will be affected. Curse has a delevel component but as long as it's cured relatively quickly it doesn't seem to matter much. There are also eggs scattered throughout the room that spawn heroic adds when you get near them. Eggs repop eventually, if the fight goes on long enough.
      • Frozen Statue of the Ice Maiden - she's immune until she hits 10%. To get her there, you need to kill the adds that come along with her, however everytime you kill an add, another two pop. So, you either need a beefy tank and high HPS healers or two tanks. She also memwipes every now then, supposedly on a one minute timer, but either I got a lucky Ire proc a few times or it's closer to every 2-3 minutes.
      • The rest - dunno, I was so utterly bored of the zone at this point I didn't care anymore
  13. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Sorry Macker, I meant real raid zones.. ... :) Just teasing, updated them on the main page.
  14. macker0407

macker0407 Active Member

I wouldn't disagree with that assessment. I don't recommend bothering with Icy Keep unless you are desperate for another source of seals, as it's easier to single group all the T1 SF content, and you'll get better gear. Icy Keep(EM) seems to have been designed for the narrow band of guilds whose members are too lazy to gear up resists but have enough co-ordination to do scripted raid targets.

The zone pretty much only requires a T1/fabled instance equipped core group('cept for Vrewwx which even in EM needs 2 tanks), everyone else could be running around in quested treasured gear for all it matters. They're just there for DPS and occasionally off tanking some heroics.

Which is a thought. Vrewwx(EM) strat is: Two tanks, posted opposite each other, distance being Vrewwx's hitbox. Everyone else sits under his belly. When a tank gets frozen, the tank at the tail snap agro's and turns him around. His tail lash breaks the freeze, so you need to essentially keep flipping him between the two tanks until he's dead.

I've not done it with one group(I was called in by someone else to help as he didn't have two tanks), but I don't see why you can't if you're prepared to give up a DPS slot for another tank.
  15. insanitywiz

You could probably still do that, just ignore the heroic adds until it pops the x4 add, and then just pick it up and offtank it.
  16. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Can't you get more than 1 x4 add?
  17. macker0407

macker0407 Active Member

Tried Sara with my dirge as a tank and had my shit pushed in. Admittedly he's a bit undergeared(24k HP buffed) and had the wrong AA setup, but at 55% mit and 0% uncontested avoidance she was autoattacking for 11k a pop on a pretty low delay. Needless to say 11k+11k+15k AE = dead dirge.

I may try again after getting my dirge the RE shield and respec fully into the KoS shield line+TSO deflecting chorus. And/or level up a Brig and Swash this coming double XP period if the dirge doesn't work out.
  18. insanitywiz

I think no, but I'm not 100% sure. We never have, despite getting the add when Sara was around 20% on our last attempt when half the raid went LD in the middle of the pull.
  19. thunderdragonx

thunderdragonx Member

Awesome thread. TBH i've started 1 grouping SF raid zones (easy mode)...

for labs I'm stuck at The Seer(ghost bird) mob. and I haven't tried The Scavinator(crab) after the Sera fight.
  20. Deugar

Deugar Active Member

you guys are all better off than I am. I can not get the gear to even think about going to any of the raid zones.
  21. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Honestly, with heroic gear, you can start doing the first namer/few namers of most of the zones to start getting raid gear.

You absolutely HAVE to run 2 priests if you want to 1 group raid content. This really amplifies my point of 2 priests is > 1.
  22. thunderdragonx

thunderdragonx Member

Correct! I have an inquis & mystic combo and we sustain pretty well. I am trying to find a t3 dirge to replace the troub but we'll see...

Group setup
    SK, Troub, Illy, Wiz, Inquis, Mystic
  23. Deugar

Deugar Active Member

i must be doing something wrong. If i try anything bigger than heroic it kicks my butt.

Bezerker (mostly t1/2)
    Templar (cheap hole gear)
    Defiler (cheap hole gear)
    Troubadour (cheap hole gear)
    Warlock (mostly t1/2)
    Coercer (t2/3)
  24. insanitywiz

Fix the gear on these toons. Your group is actually one of the ideal ones for 1 grouping raid content, so if you are lacking it's on your script, gear, and aa's.
  25. macker0407

macker0407 Active Member

Yeah, you need to gear up the healers. Cloak and range slot items from Nortlav, ward ring from Erudin Palace, healer wrist from the second named in ZUA would all be good starts, as they'll give you some easy to get ward proc'ing items. For the mystic, Umbra Spear and mark T2 shield, or the 2 hander from RH would also be easy to get potential upgrades.

Epic Repercussions if you haven't done them yet.

For the mystic, if you aren't already, use a dogdog/tribal rage(with SF ward proc) spec. If your bot group is undergeared, the AE immunity proc from the pet will help with healing quite a lot and the ward proc from Tribal Rage is pretty spiff.

Finally, make sure you have appropriate resists for the fight. If you're not rocking at least ~11k the the needed resist type, that character is probably going to get smooshed.
  26. Deugar

Deugar Active Member

send me the aa specs and i will use them.

all but one is at 250aa, just porely spent probably.
    all of finished the epic reprecussion.

really need updated screen shots of the profile configuration pages for all of them.

was able to get through most of cella. seems i always have a hard time on the last mob in any of those zones.
  27. tarbasch

tarbasch Active Member

Is it possible to kill any of this raid stuff without any raid gear? My group only has most of the stuff from the Moonfield Mark vender.
  28. macker0407

macker0407 Active Member

Look at the class forums on eq2flames, the Mystic raid AA spec is pretty reasonable although I personally wouldn't bother with Aura of Purity.

And tarbasch, it's possible although T2 Mark gear alone won't be enough. You need instance drops to augment your characters(ward/heal procs for healers, stonewill, block % and +% mitigation for tanks and potency/cb for both healers and DPS classes).

For the easier content(Ernax, Vernox and Lt. B), I suspect you're looking at ~70% vs 90 buffed mit on your MT, ~25% uncontested avoidance(raid mobs pretty much completely ignore normal avoidance from parry/defense) and ~30% pot and cb on your healers. This is all achievable with instance gear.
  29. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

In the end, all you need to do is be able to kill 1 raid mob, because then it starts.. any mob you kill is an instant 6 upgrades (red piece each), plus a possible 1-2 items each that also drop. So it's basically a loot train. Kill as much as you can, then farm them a week or 2, then try more mobs, then farm them etc.

Also, mute/sell manas from the extra gear for pp, then buy more raid gear for your toons using those funds. I'd focus on getting high end pieces over many low end pieces if you are going to buy.

For example, buying one T3 piece would be better than buying ten T1 pieces.

As time goes on and you start getting more and more seals, you'll be able to max all your toons out from gear from the seal merchant. A lot of that gear is HUGE upgrades compared to instance gear.
  30. insanitywiz

Crit mit. Hell, get WOE gear for the crit mit (I did) until you can get the raid gear. Crit mit>all else for starter raiding. Without 20-30 crit mit on your toons, they are pretty much going to get one shotted by most named AOE's.

After that, start with the first named in labs. Learn how to do the joust for the red text, once you have that down it's easy. Give the second name a try but if the AE kills your heales, move on to the first named in palace.

And if you have some decent DPS, give the first in tox a try. Remember to bring some extra weapons for your tank (may need 3-4), keep everyone (including the bard) ranged, and give it a shot. If it takes awhile, it will break your primary weapon, but ranged weapons will be fine, and casters still get to nuke obviously.
  31. tarbasch

tarbasch Active Member

Good info, so you say start with Ernax Heridion in Labs? he drops 6 pieces of gear? holy sh!t haha, is that a X2 mob or x4? Been trying to buy a couple raid pieces for my tank but i always get outbid, hell 2 pieces would give me about 50% crit mit im at 20% now.

Do the x2 mobs drop the raid marks? maybe i should start there. What zone is easiest? I have all the group stuff cleared except last 2 named in Palace, and the newest one.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  32. macker0407

macker0407 Active Member

No, he only drops 2 pieces of red slot gear(boots) per kill, a seal and sometimes a master and void wood.

And I'm fairly sure the first 5 EM bosses have 0% crit chance, so I don't think crit mit is needed until later raids.
  33. Deugar

Deugar Active Member

IF i could find gear to buy i would, have close to 7k stashed away to buy some if or when i get a chance. Just dont see it up for bid often. But since the merger there might be more now, just have to keep an eye on those channels.

But thanks for the tips. will give them a try.
  34. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

No.. I meant he drops 2 pieces at a time. But everyone in your group will use it, so it's 6 upgrades after you kill him a few times.
  35. insanitywiz

Don't forget to do instances, I used to do the daily double twice a day, once when it cycled on at 11pm PST, and then once again when my lockout was up the next day. Fabled instance drops give you some very respectable gear as well, complete with crit mit, and a yellow adorn slot (which I always put acrit mit adorn in).
  36. tarbasch

tarbasch Active Member

What zone is EM? I looked at the raid timeline and dont see anything with those initials haha.
  37. insanitywiz

EM = Easy mode, basically he means tier 1 mobs within each zone.
  38. Deugar

Deugar Active Member

What kind of dps is needed for Treskar Throatpuncher in ZUA (EM)?

I am sure you have to burn the adds then him, but i get them to like 2% and he absorbs them and heals.
  39. thunderdragonx

thunderdragonx Member

Harakaat the Seer

Has ogre implemented any sort of scripting for the Seer fight? where the toons will run to the center platform automatically and we can just place a secondary camp-spot for them to joust to after wards?
  40. insanitywiz

Azara the seer? Thats just a simple joust out fight, no scripting would be required unless you need to not cure on it due to the huge tick of damage the arcane does on incoming. Just turn off curing, and use joust.
  41. insanitywiz

Haven't done ZUA myself, just never get around to it, but this is from the wiki.

Treskar has a mana drain ability that effectively keeps your power from going above 50%.
    During the fight, Treskar will spawn an add called mana soul repeatedly. These adds must be burned down in approximately 20 seconds, or Treskar will absorb it and regain 20% of his health.
    He has a fairly nasty poison-based AOE.
    He also a fear effect, although it isn't a particularly long lasting one.
  42. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

If you're able to get them down to 2%, turn OFF AOE attacks and focus on single target DPS.

Once you get high enough dps, you can pull him and /afk and ignore the adds... :)
  43. flatlined

flatlined Active Member

Haraakat the Seer in labs, I would guess. The bird walking in a circle.
  44. macker0407

macker0407 Active Member

Going from memory, ~40k DPS(single target) will keep you even with Treskar if you allow him to absorb the add. The add's need ~30k DPS to be burned within the time limit IIRC.

I've never bothered with the adds with a bot group, as I'm horrendously lazy when it comes to target switching. I just wedge my tank into one of the firepot things(suspect you can only do this with large race geometry) and then browse websites while the bots wear him down. Takes anywhere from 7 minutes(55k'ish DPS) to <2 minutes(80k'ish DPS).
  45. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

I pull and /afk on him. I did him this morning, did 87k and it took 5 minutes. Mind you, I don't wedge myself anywhere, I just use campspot.
  46. Deugar

Deugar Active Member

I still have horrible dps from my troub, templar and defiler. can not get close to the numbers post for there groups. but working on it.

just dont have a good aa setup on them i think. that and the CA casting order for the templar is still wrong.

parse from first fight in ZUA

Rhee'Gor: (01:04) 3181941 | 49717.83 [Warlock-Absolution-43149]
    Coercer | 19782.13
    Warlock | 11332.09
    Bezerker | 7284.44
    Troubadour | 7136.58
    Defiler | 3171.67
    Templar | 1010.92
    Coercer's | 0.00
    Warlock | 0.00
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  47. macker0407

macker0407 Active Member

I think your ACT parse included one of the previous encounters in its timing, or something weird is going on. 3:28 minute fight(although Treskar died at the 3:16 mark, the bots kept fighting the soul), on my alt group:

Allies: (03:28) 14162970 DMG, 68091.20 DPS
    Warlock 3488222 DMG, 16770.30 DPS
    Bruiser 3181777 DMG, 15297.00 DPS
    Troub 2542817 DMG, 12225.08 DPS
    Coercer 996165 DMG, 9596.95 DPS
    Warden 1415163 DMG, 6803.67 DPS
    Mystic 789492 DMG, 3795.64 DPS
    PE Pet 438393 DMG, 2107.66 DPS
    Dog 310941 DMG, 1494.91 DPS
  48. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Ignore your dps (or lack there of) from your templar and defiler. They are your healers. If they do 0 dps, but keep everyone alive, their job is done.

Is your Coe a lot better geared than your warlock? The warlock should not be losing that fight.
    If you need a starting warlock profile, use the one in the FAQ. It's one that I use (I've modified it a little bit since then, but it's still very close).

Also keep in mind gear. Gear is the #1 factor in DPS. You will never achieve the numbers that some of us have unless you have equal (or close to equal) gear. It just simply isn't possible. I believe my entire group has > 100 crit bonus (I know 4 of them do for sure, I assume the other 2 do). Lets say you run 20 CB.
    Your warlock nukes for 10,000. It crits, it will do 17,000 (10k * (1.5 base crit + .2 CB).
    My warlock nukes for 10,000. It crits, it will do 25,000 (10k * 1.5 base + 1.0 CB).

Now add in potency, ability mod, cast speed etc etc. Just keep that in mind, do the best with what you have.

I just checked and you are absolutely right. The 5:26 time includes all of the waves (ACT goes Rhee'Gor then Treskar).
  49. macker0407

macker0407 Active Member

Looked at the ACT logs today for some runs:

Ernax - 0% crit
    Vernox - 0% crit
    Sara - 0% crit

Lt. Buldoral - 25% of outgoing damage crit
    Azara - 35% of outgoing damage crit

So, for Palace you definately need critical mitigation, unless you have the HP and healers to survive the AE damage. I'm guessing 60%+ looking at the damage graphs.
  50. eddie43302

eddie43302 Active Member

nevermind was already answered
  51. popo

popo Active Member

Awesome Post...I never tried raid content until y'all show'd me the light. I did hit a wall in palace though and could use some help (parmare brothers). Am I missing something....I tried ignoring the orbs and it was rough until finally I died...all strats I have read says "no dps" when orbs up. Are you guys setting up Bots to stop attacking? Any additional info sure would be appreciated.

Thanks for the post!

One more question: With viewing my kill list below...are there any other easy one's I should go after before the parmare's?

Wyvernlord Tuluun - Dead
    Wyvernlord Zaos - Dead
    Ernax Heridion - Dead
    Vernox the Insatiable - Dead
    Lieutenant Buldoral - Dead
    Azara the Seer - Dead (Long ass fight)

Kendis Parmare - Tank and spank. Do the orbs if you want, I prefer to kill the adds, then /afk.
    Penda Parmare - Tank and spank. Do the orbs if you want, I prefer to kill the adds, then /afk.
  52. insanitywiz

One of the Parmare reflects melee damage, the other reflects Spells damage, Ogre raid options knows not to cast spells or CA's on the applicable mob other then for fighters, however it does not stop your auto attacks, so Kendis can be a PITA if you aren't tough enough to live through it. If you have a hard time, try setting a joust spot and make sure to joust out, and having the main assist target himself so no auto attacks are smacking the mob, then swap to another toon and bring down the orbs.
  53. Deugar

Deugar Active Member

Coercer is in t2/3 gear all mastered and fabled gear. Warlock is in partial t1/2 and missing lots of masters.

If you need a starting warlock profile, use the one in the FAQ. It's one that I use (I've modified it a little bit since then, but it's still very close).

I tried to use all your templates. You did not have one for the troubadour listed.
    And a couple of others are out of date now. The warlock could just need a different AA spec. Used one from a raiding warlock, but it could be wrong.

Today Parse:
    Rhee'Gor: (02:58) 8366945 | 47005.31 [Warlock-Blast of Devastation-66237]
    Coercer | 18354.06
    Warlock | 13202.94
    Bezerker | 6085.66
    Troubador | 5916.88
    Defiler | 2458.71
    Templar | 987.07
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  54. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

These 2 are basically a gear check (for 1 grouping them). I have everyone meleeing the mobs the entire time. I don't think auto attacks can be reflected can they?

Either way, with my group, one of them took 22 minutes, and the other one took 30 minutes to kill. If you do the orbs it wil make the fight a bit faster, but it was more annoying than what it was worth to me.

If I was you, I'd try to farm all the mobs you killed for a week or 2 to gear up, then try Parmares again. It's possible you may need to buy gear to be able to 1 group those 2.
  55. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Okay, that explains it then :)

The T3 compared to T1/t2 is such a huge difference.
  56. insanitywiz

I know I'm getting some reflects still, however I doubt it's autoattack, or there would be many more of them and the damage on each would be much higher. The only people I am getting the reflect on is the ones melee'ing the mob however. Procs maybe? I'm not totally sure where they are coming from, and I'm not particularly worried about it because it's not enough to kill me (usually).
  57. Volkl

Volkl Member

nm google is my friend.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  58. Volkl

Volkl Member

Ok I am also following the posts in here. Thanks for them! I've now done boss 1&2 in labs with no problems and the first two in palace with no problems although the second fight took forever. 41mins.

Going for Kendis in palace is a whole another story as my tank gets shredded really early, before the first add is at 80%. I assume i just charge in and tank the boss + 3 adds. my tank is an sk with 27k hps(buffed), 70% mit, 70% block, and 75% critmit with t3 legs - hulking legs and feet. I assume they are t3 but not sure.

The pure speed with which i get shredded makes me think that i'm doing something wrong. I run in and cs-jo-ji in the middle where the boss was, to setup the group, and continue the tank running to a back wall and cs-jo-ji again.

Any suggestions?
  59. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

If the 2nd mob in palace took you 41 mins.. It is probably a gear issue for Penda/Kendis.
    Anyways, do this. Set up your toons outside of his room with cs-jo-ji, then pull him to you. This way your priests aren't moving when they need to be casting wards/heals etc. But again.. I suspect this could be gear related. The fact you don't have over 100 crit mit (be needed or not) does show the quality of gear you have. (Which is fine, but you may be getting ahead of yourself on mobs).
  60. Kevinshp

Kevinshp Well-Known Member

Ya you must have a gear issue I can kill the second mob in about 16min. I am doing about 100k dps and all my toons have t3 and t2 gear but jewelery isn't the best hard to get alt loot jewelery out of raids at least the stuff thats better than instance ones.
  61. insanitywiz

All of my toons are at the most geared in t1, except the hulking pants I have on my SK, with a ton of mismatched brawler gear t1 gear/level80 t4 stuff (I have had some horrible luck on drops in the last couple weeks, I could have geared out 3 plate healers and half a dozen brawlers...), etc, so you sound better geared then I am on the tank front so you should be able to do it.

Whats the rest of your group setup?
  62. insanitywiz

Oh, and how I do the twins is...

Set up your tank spot just outside the room, with your camp spot for the rest of the group at the top of the stairs leading up, then move everyone except your tank and healers down the stairs, pull the mobs and wait for the AOE to hit then hit JO to get the rest of my group into position, then just burn on the adds. Every once in a while I get a spike on my tank and bloodletter will trigger. I do keep my group on JO while the adds are up though, as their extra aoe's and possible frontals can eat up a group ward quick if anyone other then the tank is eating it.

Furor and DA is your friend in this fight, I pop furor is soon as I get the mobs parked at my camp spot for extra DPS and melee immunity while my bots are debuffing. After the adds are down the fight is cake.
  63. Volkl

Volkl Member

Thanks for the quick replies! Group is sk, chanter, bard, cloth spell dps, plate healer, and chain healer. All have 250aa. Sk is best geared but still only has a few nice pieces.

My parse for Ernax(15 min fight) was wizzy at 22k, sk at 8k, chanter at 8k, bard 7k so about 46k total. sk normally would parse higher but jousting out drops it a bit for the ae.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  64. macker0407

macker0407 Active Member

Those DPS figures are pretty terrible, except for the wizard(assuming it's in instance gear). A T1 geared SK, even in the defensive set, should be hitting ~12k minimum jousting Ernax(with 15-16k being your target for straight up tank'n'spank).

An alternative pull strategy for the twins is to use an AE immunity like Tortoise Shell or Blade Dance on the initial pull. But keeping all your bots, minus the tank, out of the frontal arc is fairly essential if you're undergeared. as pretty much all of the AE's have a positional component where the forward 180 degrees is instagib territory for low hp/resist nubs.
  65. eddie43302

eddie43302 Active Member

When i do penda and kendis i put all my guys to the left right inside the door and my tank pulls them right where they stand.. then i switch and burn adds then the named epics. Also on a side note i do bot 12 toons in the raid 2x group Main tank group is pally,coercer,templar,wizard,defiler,troub. 2nd group is guard,illy,conjy,warden,assasin,swash, I did have a full anotehr t3 group for 3 groups but got tired of lugging to many toons around and sold that group off.But i do love one feature of ogre bot your whole raid can autofollow the tank even out of group.
  66. canoppener

canoppener Active Member

I made a ui with buttons for the orbs on twins so you don't have to manually click. If your toons are spread out you may want to put a relay in the script.

Attached Files:

67. Kevinshp

Kevinshp Well-Known Member

What does this do and does it run outside ogre or with ogre and where shoukd they be installed?
  68. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

When I return home, I'll add these to the "Zones" tab of MCP.
  69. eddie43302

eddie43302 Active Member

they just go inside of the innerspace>scripts
  70. canoppener

canoppener Active Member

I thought about doing that on my mcp, but I've been lazy. My MCP has all sorts of jacked up stuff in it right now anyways :p
  71. insanitywiz

Used your script last night with the addition of a relay all, since I don't have most of my casters/healers in range of the tank. Work great Canoppener, thanks.
  72. smiker

smiker Well-Known Member

I'm trying to kill Zaos in Lair but my bots don't click on Zaos and free raid member, anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

The option "Auto Load Limited Raid optiones" was checked.

Thanks you.
  73. Deugar

Deugar Active Member

I would use the full raid options for him. That seems to work for me.
  74. eddie43302

eddie43302 Active Member

Dont think you cna free a raid member without a full raid.. on my pally i just use amends to keep aggro since the whole fight my pally cant attack.,
  75. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Limited raid options should work fine for this.

Next time you do him - watch each persons screen and see if you get a message (red text) that says you helped free soandso. If not, do the following in the console: echo ${Actor[zaos].Distance} - You need to be within 25.