Discussion in 'OgreBot' started by Aquaplex2050, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Aquaplex2050

Aquaplex2050 Member

I'm thinking of starting over on live on a new server (new to me) and i'm looking for suggestions on what team to build around a guardian. These will all be heroic characters to start off with. Any suggestions would be great.
  2. Banhammer

Banhammer New Member

I would start either lock/conj illy troub mystic fury/warden or ranger mystic fury/warden illy dirge. if i didnt already have a mx guard i think i would be a sk with the mages or a monk with the melee.... of course its semi preference but to start a 2 healer group will be less squishy
  3. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

And I'd go the other way.
    Guardian (Props++++ for picking the best tank in the game), dirge, coercer, mystic, (warden/templar - your preference), ranger.

That is hands down the best all around group IMO. You get the dirge resing, you get the t1 dps that can cast while moving etc, and superb suitability.

In the end, it's <tank>, <Shaman>, <Second priest>, <Bard>, <Enchanter>, <DPS>.
    If you follow that, you can almost not go wrong, regardless of your preference.
    appleuser likes this.
  4. GamerMac

GamerMac Member

He is right.. Easiest way to winning.
    You can do other combos.. I did Brig/Swash and Ranger.. but opted for Druid to replace the Brig due to the cures that come up in some of the zones.
  5. Aquaplex2050

Aquaplex2050 Member

Ok so what do i need to do on each toon to make them viable in heroic content. I know that i should probably do 2.0s but that's a LOT of work for 6 fresh heroic toons. I guess i'm just kind of overwhelmed at this point because i don't know what i should be "working towards" at this point. I've missed couple expansions and i feel totally lost when it comes to gearing up characters. Like i said, my only goal is to do heroic content, i have no desire to raid.

I want to know what i'm getting myself into before i commit to buying 6 pop expansions (currently only have couple accounts on pop) and leveling these heroic characters.
  6. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

1. Complete PoP Questline (1 Faction)
    2. Complete Kunark Ascensing Questline
    3. Unlock Ascensions
    4. Complete other 2 factions of PoP questline
    5. Get all your groups Potency up to 40k or so
    6. Start running heroics (normal). Earn gear.

In between these, do epic 2.0 pre-reqs when you can face it. Also if 100 TS'ers, do the TS timeline as well for PoP
  7. Aquaplex2050

Aquaplex2050 Member

Thank You Cheesy. Why do say to complete KA quest line? Also, is it safe to still run proving grounds for adorns or should i stay away from that stuff.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  8. Extrasplash

Extrasplash Member

monk,ranger,defiler,warlock,troub,illy no zone can stop me
  9. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

You'll need KA sig line for Epic 2.0 I believe anyway, and it unlocks Ascensions for you. It's not a really long questline luckily.
  10. Aquaplex2050

Aquaplex2050 Member

Well... i got all my toons to at least 40k potency and above 400 resolve but i was doing a total of 1bil damage in ACT, it was taking like 10 minutes to killl just the trash mobs in the t1 innovation heroic.. I don't know where to really go from here, it just seems like a waste of time at this point. I'm not sure how to improve these toons further, obviously i'm missing something (or many things) if it takes so long to kill anything. My team is tank, healer1, healer2, bard, coercer, ranger. I guess it might be time to move on from EQ2 even though i just came back. haha.
  11. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Did you use the potency tithe bauble you get for free? I believe it's 55 potency tithe.

From there, it's just a grind. The heroics did take a while at the start for I think everyone.
    One thing that is HUGE are epic 2.0's. They have amazing stats on them, AND they debuff combat mit, which means you're doing more damage to the mob. Epic 2.0's suck, and suck bad for a bot group, but it's a do it once.
    If you haven't, follow Cheesy's list, if you have, that means you've completed all 3 factions and everyone should have the offhand weapon (make sure to upgrade it at the merchant). That's another huge item.
  12. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

Yep pretty much how PoP started for those without raid gear from previous expac.

As Kannkor says above, Epic 2.0's make a huge difference, and should be a good priority when you can. Otherwise the grind will be a bit painful but it is worth it. As your potency goes up you'll see massive gains in DPS.

PoP has a mechanic called Potency Mitigation, where if a mob has say 36k Pot Mit (T1 Heroics), it means basically all your potency under 36k is worthless. So having 40k = 4k effectively. Getting that to 44k then is effectively 8k, doubling your DPS.

If you are on a populated server, I'd take a look on the broker for two charms - Fiery Phoenix Feather / Vial of Liquid Lava. These are usually very cheap, and for 2500p you can upgrade these to Very nice charms on the Status Merchant in COV. (3.5k Pot Charms). If you don't have the Ascension tome, 2 of these would be a huge DPS boost.
  13. pelly

pelly Active Member

I just completed taking my Fury from 100 to 110 and he is at 81k potency already. Here is what I did in about 1 week:

1 - KA - Beyond the Veil (for ascensions)
    2 - used all of the panda baubles, used them and xpac ascension boosts to get 1 level 10 ascension and 2 level 5 quickly, get panda adorns (panda also has a 55 pot bauble if not an alt)
    3 - Ran 1 PoP Faction questline to level up (1 faction questline will get you to about 107). This is an alt so I didn't need other 2 faction lines but they can be done in a day.
    4 - Changed to MC armor and jewelry (~50ish pot)
    5 - Ran signatures to get to level 110 and used celestials to level rest of ascensions and got level 100 tome, get secondary weap. You can use KA coins to get ascension tears if needed.
    6 - Bought Fiery Phoenix and upgraded it, bought all 32-35 resolve armor on broker (some is quite cheap), got the 35 resolve neck and waist on coin merchant (might need to farm coins for this if not alt)
    7 - Bought experts
    8 - Botted TS using writs and ran TS sig for new tome and ascension runes (sig will get you to 110)
    9 - Bought orange rune recipes and ingredients on broker and crafted 4 runes (this was expensive but I ran out of Marks on this account and am still banned from PG since last year).
    10 - Used elixer and ran some expert zones and heroic (I was lucky it was during double coins), then used first 40 ethereal coins for chest and shoulders
    11 - equipped expert gear as I got it
    12 - did epic pre-reqs in between

At this point, working 3rd epic priest quest and collecting TS mats for new mount.

Much of the above strategy can be done with multiple toons at once. I have lots of PP so I tend to buy things on broker to save time when possible.

Disclaimer - I might have missed a few steps, but that is how I remember it.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018