Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Amadeus, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

I will be moving all of isxGames.com to a new hosting provider in the next few days. If all goes well there should be no downtime at all for authentication. However, there could be times where the forums and/or the website are not available. The migration could also affect the process of creating a subscription during the couple of hours it takes for the move to complete, although I think the likelihood of that is low.

The most up-to-date information will be available on the IRC channel #isxeq2 at irc.lavishsoft.com (if you do not have an IRC client, you can connect here. I will also update this thread if any issues arise and will update/close it when the migration is complete.
  2. Amadeus

Update: August 15, 2015 -- 8:30 pm PDT

I have finished moving everything over to the new system. There was one thing that came up that I did not anticipate: my current hosting provider requires that you discontinue using their "unique IP" feature before you can have access to the DNS records for editing. This is fine; however, it means that the old site became immediately unavailable. Honestly, I had meant for both the old and new site to be available simultaneously during the migration, so this is what caused most of the problems today.

If you're still having problems right now with ISXEQ2, you need to update the extension manually:
    Then, if you're able to see this posting, and you've updated the Extension as instructed above, everything should work again.
  3. Amadeus

Update: August 16, 2015 -- 5:30 pm PDT

At this time all isxgames.com services have migrated to the new hosting provider with the exception of the "wiki"s, which will be moving (and consolidating) later.

If you are still having issues with ISXEQ2 for some reason, I would encourage you to reinstall both InnerSpace and ISXEQ2. The InnerSpace installer is located at http://www.lavishsoft.com/downloads.php?p=innerspace and the ISXEQ2 installer is at http://www.isxgames.com/isxeq2/ISXEQ2.exe. It's important that both be properly "installed", and "installed" in the right order (i.e., install InnerSpace first.) Just install them over top of the installation directories you have currently and you will not lose any of your custom settings.

However, if everything is working fine for you, then there's nothing you need to do now. Enjoy the faster and more reliable isxGames.com!