Discussion in 'OgreBot' started by MrObvious, Feb 17, 2013.

1. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

I am curious how the tank bots function now, and if they could be made to grab aggro back from another toon in the group/raid. The status window shows when a mob is targeting another character, is it possible to have the bot target that mob and taunt it back? Or at least swtich targets to that mob? Is that even possible or too much processing time, etc?
  2. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Answered this 100 times~

It's on my todo list.
  3. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Sorry, I should have searched more. Would be a great feature! :)
  4. omgbot

omgbot Active Member

Here's a script I wrote to try to keep aggro on my tank. It doesn't actually do any taunting, but it will change targets if there are any mobs that are targeting someone other than you (or the specified name). I've used it extensively with a tank merc, and also my tank.

View attachment tankaggro.iss
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  5. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

That little script works great. Thanks.
  6. tarbasch

tarbasch Active Member

I'm a noob at this, do I just put it in the ogre bot file?
    How do I activate it? Sorry if the instructions are in the file I'm at work and can't download it ATM.
  7. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Oh, just one tip. You may want to rename it and take the "ogre" out of the name. Just beating Kannkor to it..
  8. jdbhkf

jdbhkf Member

This actually works like a charm, I love it so far. Given how this works, how hard would it be for you to create something that would do something like:

If "you" have aggro target aggro mob and detaunt

This would be the perfect add-on to the aggro script you've already written. Just curious how difficult something like that would be.

Thanks for the aggro script and for sharing it!
  9. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

I did find out if you are going to put the aggro script on OgreMCP, you need to use runscript with the script name as the first parameter, and ${Me.Name} as the second. MCP passes a "NULL" by default which blows up the script.

This might be a nice interim step to add to Ogrebot. Rather than implementing all the hate stuff in the CA's, just put an option for the tank bots to implement this.
  10. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Fixed since customactorarray was deprecated. It is also simplified quite a bit.
  11. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Made a few more tweaks for logging. You can set logging to Innerspace console, Ogre Console, or groupchat. You can also enable/disable verbose logging to see what is going on. There might have been one error fixed also.

Attached Files: