Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solenoid, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Solenoid

Solenoid Member

Since it appears as though most of the best in slot items come from very different spots, I wonder if anyone has seen a list of them anywhere? If not, what do you think about starting one here?

I know for one the tradeskill cloak is best in slot.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    appleuser likes this.
  2. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on what you consider best in slot. Resolve kind of screws it up a lot. IE you could have a whole load of high potency gear, but due to lack of resolve it not be worth it.

However from what I've seen, below is a good start;

• Myth Chests - T2 Heroic Missions for Heroic Zones (Xalgoz, Barons, Ritual)
    • Myth Legs - T2 Heroic Missions for EVENT Heroic Zones. (Temple, Wizards Den)
    • Spirit Stones - T1 Missions
    • 1k Potency Ear - Last named in Spectral Market (9r) & 3rd Named in Ritual Chamber (11r)
    • 1k Potency Ring - First named in Temple Event (11r), 2nd named in Xalgoz Stronghold. (11r). Last named in Barons (11r)
    • 1k Potency Charm - Last named in Spire Sanctum SOLO (7r), Last named in Barons (11r)
    • 850 Potency Charm - Last named in Spire Sanctum Heroic (9r)
    • 15 Resolve Mount - Spire Zones
    • 1k Potency Neck - Spire Sanctum (9r)
    • 1k Potency Belt - Temple Event (11r)
    • Offhand - Adv Sig line + 30 Quests
    • Cloak - TS Sig Line
    • Neck - 10 Fervor Neck - Collections Meta

Armour is of course just tiered. T1/T2/T1 Raid.

Also worth mentioning that any 11resolve items can be achieved via T2 Missions, and 9r from T1 missions. But it's RNG.
    mattb and appleuser like this.
  3. Solenoid

Solenoid Member

Thanks.

Good point on the resolve making it more complex and certainly the tiers including raids. I was thinking of best in slot not counting raids.

I am not logged in right now to check but wonder if the Fens PQ (Charm) and JW PQ ( Sword) are also considered best in slot?
  4. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

I'd say Greenmist > JW sword.
  5. mattb

mattb Member

What's the collection quest neck name?
  6. appleuser

appleuser Well-Known Member

7. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

You can then upgrade it via the merchant the same as the 30 quest reward. Unfortunately they don't appear in eq2u. I don't have one to link in game.
  8. r0rb3rt

r0rb3rt Member

The proc from greenmist seems to do better single target, but the iksar sword is an AE effect so it does well when you want to cleave down adds.
  9. appleuser

appleuser Well-Known Member

A couple of additions to Cheesy's list:

Shrouded Temple [Event Heroic]The Mist Reaver- Orb of Overloaded Power(Charm) 1k pot, 11 res
    Crypt of Dalnir: Baron's Workshop [Heroic]Haggle Baron Dalnir- Forgemaster's Armor Plans (Charm) 1k pot 11res
    Shrouded Temple [Event Heroic]The Mist Reaver- Smothering Bracelet (Wrist) 1k pot 11res
    Arcanna'se Spire: Vessel of the Sorc [Event Heroic] Sorceress Gwen'vae - Vessel of Souls (Wrist) 1k pot 9res
    mattb likes this.
  10. Eyedea

Eyedea Active Member

11. Billybob12

Billybob12 Active Member

So my buddy is 2 grouping this but my 2 groups are getting their faces ripped off--What am I doing wrong? Lowest in the 2 groups is at 390 resolve. Decent dps. How are you all short-handing this mob?
  12. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

Wards, lots of them.
  13. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Have everyone stand on top of the mob. You take more damage the further away from him. Or you lose more mana which in turn you take more damage... it's something like that anyways.
  14. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

So my dirge is still wearing the ToT neck that grants 15% Fervor to the group. What are peoples thoughts, wear that or upgrade for 1k pot?

Personally I think the 15 group fervor > all atm.
  15. Eyedea

Eyedea Active Member

Yep, I dont see me giving it up anytime soon. Run it on one toon in both of my groups. I just hope the epic weapon is not Greater Relic.
  16. otistaylor

otistaylor Active Member

Can you link that necklace please!
  17. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

18. otistaylor

otistaylor Active Member

19. Solenoid

Solenoid Member

I just checked the ToT status merchant and did not see it. Maybe i am looking at the one merchant. Is it the mushroom guy?
  20. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

No, the guy near where the tot mission givers are.
  21. Eyedea

Eyedea Active Member

As Kannkor stated, its the same guy that sales the temporary adornments on the platform by the daily/weekly quest givers in ToT.
  22. Solenoid

Solenoid Member

Found him. Thank you!
  23. otistaylor

otistaylor Active Member

Holy crap 100,000,000 status for that piece. Cant really afford to buy that many status items to sell. Any ideas on the best way to grind status?

Thanks!
  24. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

Tradeskill rush orders is one of easiest near afk methods.
  25. Lorgalis

Lorgalis Active Member

Also, the merc crates are great status (especially during double status days!), but they are either Daybreak Cash purchase, or sell for a bundle of plat on the broker.
  26. Multicharacter

Multicharacter Senior Member

I was, as the original person said, 'getting my face ripped off' when standing close to mob too - turned out the trick was to stay close to where the named originally spawned. The named moves around, but the power drain/damage seemed to center around where the named originally was at and not where he's pulled. Perhaps they originally meant to root the mob in that one spot and that's why the examine window says 'closer to the named you are', or perhaps it just got bugged somewhere along the line and the effect gets it's location from the place he's at when he first casts it during the fight (doesn't update as he moves around and casts it again later).

It also helps to make sure you have AA self ward line on each guy, and maybe even put some prestige in health if you have low health.