Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cg256, Jun 4, 2011.

1. cg256

cg256 Member

Hey guys! Love what this has allowed me to do so far, I mainly use this along with wrecking bot to follow behind me in a salvager and pick up the mess i make.

Recently I have run into a problem though. There seems to be something that breaks and it wont allow me to open cans. It does maybe the first can fine but then after that they wont open. I even try to open them manually and nothing happens. They are still clickable and an option to open them exists, but nothing happens why you do it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and if this is something that I just need to exercise patience on as an update is required cuz of the new patch, thats cool. I couldnt find anyone else with the issues in all the searching i did. Thanks in advance

Notes: Affects both wreckingbot and evebot in hauler mode.
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled isxeve no effect
    The problem seems to have started when i downloaded the new .dll file to keep it updated.
  2. cg256

cg256 Member

I guess i was the only one to have the problem, so it led me to believe that the fault was somehow on my computer. I reinstalled Innerspace and isxeve with no effect. So as a last result I reset all my settings in eve. I diddnt want to do this cuz of all the bookmarks and channels and such i was in, but I also wanted to be able to open my cans. Long story short, it worked perfectly.

I figured that I'd update my post in case someone else in the future has the same problem. Thanks for an awesome product.
  3. Majek2

Majek2 Active Member

Having same problem. I couldnt get them to open no matter what.
  4. cg256

cg256 Member

What I did was re-install innerspace, isxeve, and i then reset all my settings in eve. Its in the reset settings tab when you hit esc. You'll lose your bookmark folders, chat channels and such, but its pretty quick to get everything back to normal. Re-installing isxeve and innerspace by themselves didn't do anything but maybe the combination of all of them and the settings through eve will do the trick for you as well. I paid attention and there wasn't a patch in between when i did all of this, and considering only a couple of people are having the issue, its gotta be something on our computers that did it.
  5. mh99

mh99 Member

I have the same problem. I am mining with several toons. My hauler can open the cans and haul to the station. If i try to haul to a pos, after the first trip i can not open the cans anymore. Hauling to the station works fine.
  6. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

If you're having the problem, try this.
  7. tholder

tholder Member

Here is an example of a container that does not open, and items that can not be moved to container.

Prepearing (IT IS IMPORTANT)
    run Eve, login. you must have a station container in hangar, and some loot. after logging DONT open container manually.
    next (I am simplifying sample)
    //Opening hangar floor
    g.eve.Execute(ExecuteCommand.OpenHangarFloor);

//try to find station container (you can use ANY type of container)
    foreach (var item in g.me.GetHangarItems().ToList())
    {
    if (item.Name == "Station Container")
    {
    item.Open();
    }
    }

This is dont work. But: if you manually by double-click open and close the container - a miracle! It works! and items can be moved in container even if it is closed.

despite the seeming insignificance of this bug - it is very important. Loot should be moved to container, otherwise, after reaching about 150 and more types of objects in the hangar - you lose the ability to take something out of the hangar. If I can not get ammo for the next mission - how do I can run it?

I beg a development team to ask questions if something is unclear. I previously tried to draw attention to some errors, but received only a polite response to indifference. because of this, no desire to talk about the detected errors, and believe me - they a lot. Unfortunately, the knowledge to create products such as isxeve I have not.
  8. Amadeus

I just did several patches related to these types of issues. Please read the notes carefully and I think you'll see where your issue was fixed.

Please note that you have to use the new CloseStorage method for closing POS storage windows.

Code (Text):

June 29, 2011
    [ISXEVE-20110628.0021]
    * Fixed the "OpenCargo"/"OpenStorage" METHODS of the 'entity' and 'cachedentity' datatypes.
    * Added the following METHOD to the 'entity' and 'cachedentity' datatypes:
      1. CloseStorage
    (NOTE:  You will need to use the 'CloseStorage' METHOD for most everything except loot windows (cans),
            traditional ship cargoholds, and drone bays.)

June 27, 2011
    [ISXEVE-20110621.0031]
    * The "OpenCargo" METHOD of the 'entity' and 'cachedentity' datatype will now work properly to open the storage
      ships with corporate hangar arrays on them.   (NOTE:  If you're piloting the ship, you'll need to use the
      "OpenCargo" method of the ship datatype in order to open the traditional cargo hold of the ship.)

June 27, 2011
    [ISXEVE-20110621.0028]
    * The "OpenCargo" METHOD of the 'entity' and 'cachedentity' datatypes should now work for most all types of
      entities (including yourself.)   When/if it fails,it should now provide an error message in the console.
    * Added "OpenStorage" as a new METHOD of the 'entity' and 'cachedentity' datatype.  It does exactly the same
      thing as "OpenCargo"; however, it makes more sense to use with Player Owned Structures and other entities
      that have 'storage' instead of 'cargo'.

9. tholder

tholder Member

please, explain to me, how "OpenCargo" / "OpenStorage" methods, used for entity, will help me if I iterate through items in a station hangar at the using a data type "Item", then Item has only Open and Close methods. ?
    again:

foreach (var item in g.me.GetHangarItems().ToList()) //it is List<Item>, not List<Entity>
    {
    if (item.Name == "Station Container")
    {item.Open();}
    }

or, please.. can somebody tell me, HOW open Station Container (or General Freight Container), placed at station Hangar (not corp hangar) - from code? LS or C# - anyway.
  10. Amadeus

Items are not entities. So, once something is in your hangar, then it is an item. Entities are just things that are in space.

What you're requesting is only possible (currently) with "Secure Cargo Containers". An example of how to do this is at http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12195

Code (Text):

November 23, 2007
    [ISXEVE-20071106.0281]
    * The 'GivenName' MEMBER of the 'item' datatype will now work for "Secure Cargo Containers" as well as "ships"
    * Added new MEMBER to the 'item' datatype:
      1. CargoCapacity            (double type)
      2. UsedCargoCapacity        (double type)
      3. GetCargo                 (int type)
         GetCargo[<index:item>]   (int type)
      ~ NOTE: These members only work for 'secure cargo container' type items (GroupID: 340)
    * Added new METHOD to the 'item' datatype:
      1. DoGetCargo[<index:item>]
      2. Open
      3. Close
      ~ NOTE: These methods only work for 'secure cargo container' type items (GroupID: 340)
    **** An example for using these new item datatype members/methods can be found at:
    **** http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12195

If you want to be able to open/use other types of containers (that are in your station hangar) then you'll need to make a feature request.