Discussion in 'Scripts' started by peridric, Mar 22, 2012.

1. peridric

peridric Active Member

I have a buff spell that I use which is lower level than the max. How do I tell Ogre to use the lower level version of the spell as opposed to the highest level version? Do I need to delete all of the higher level entries from the spells file or is there some other way to do this?
  2. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

I'd recommend you just expert or master the higher level out.

But ultimately yes, if you wish to use a lower level ability, you'll have to modify the SpellExport for that class.
  3. peridric

peridric Active Member

It's a little trick of using a low level Grandmaster spell to get some bonuses without the negative effects of a higher level master spell.

So, delete or comment out the references to the higher spells then?
  4. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Yes.

If you wish to share with me the ability( can do it in a PM ), if it's something that would be used in all situations, (or a specific one), I can code things like that into Ogrebot without telling people. There's a few of those situations that I have hardcoded into Ogrebot already, that (most) people have no idea about :)

This way I (and others) get the benefit, without anyone being able to talk about it.
  5. Bigdaddyt

Bigdaddyt Member

Is there a way to load the old export. Revert. Or where specifically do I find the new export to edit. I exported post 95 and am now using apprentice 1 spells and as you may guess. Its bad.
  6. Bigdaddyt

Bigdaddyt Member

Nvm. Just went in and edited out the above 95 spells. Left in the prestige ability. All better now.