ComBot Public Release

Teht

ComBot Author
Logo.png

Friends,

Tehtsuo and Vendan are proud to introduce the project we have been working on for almost a year. ComBot is a bot written in LavishScript, and we believe it has the potential to be the spiritual ancestor of EVEBot. We named it "ComBot" because we wanted it to be competitive with other bots available and also because our goal is to provide complexity while retaining reliability and providing an intuitive user interface.

Why would I use ComBot instead of other bots available?

ComBot was built from the ground up by Tehtsuo and Vendan, with an eye for innovation. It is a fully atomic, pulse-based bot: there are less than 5 wait commands in the entire code base. This means each module runs independently on its own pulse timer - important modules fire more often, while less important "background modules" use less system resources.

In addition, ComBot's UI has been designed to be highly intuitive, helping to ensure the User configures all options accurately. For instance, the text entry field for your hauler's dropoff station automatically drops down to show a list of available bookmarks as you type, so you can select the one you want.

Hauler Config.png

ComBot offers many innovative features not available in other bots, such as an integrated Inter-Process Communication module. This allows ComBot to perform advanced coordination of operations like defending with drones and distributing mining lasers. This means all your accounts will send their drones at the same rats, and none of your accounts will mine the same asteroids.

Settings.jpg

Combot controls your login process, automatically logging in with your credentials and starting operations if AutoStart is enabled. Yes, EVEBot did this too, and it did it quite well. We've improved on the idea however, by providing all setup for the Auto Login process in the bot UI. Simply launch your default EVE Innerspace profile, launch ComBot, type your account name and password in the Settings tab, and click "Generate Innerspace Profile". Then close the game, and launch it from the new profile named after your character. ComBot takes care of the rest!

Do you have a large fleet of bots that needs a complex configuration with Wing Commanders and Squad Boosters sprinkled throughout? Simply set up your fleet as you want it, and save the fleet in ComBot's Settings tab on each character. (Or use the Broadcast Save button) If your characters find themselves without a fleet, the highest ranked fleet leader you chose will automatically start inviting your fleet and configuring it the way you want!

Are complicated installation or update procedures getting you down? Are you just not a SVN guy/girl? ComBot offers a one-step install, all you have to do is copy a command into your Innerspace console and you're done. In addition, every time you launch ComBot, you will be automatically updated with any updates or bugfixes the developers have performed, keeping you on the cutting edge with no effort required. Speaking of bugs - how about reporting bugs you find and providing log files via email or pastebin? What an exhausting process - but not with ComBot! Combot provides a one-click log upload which allows you to type in a description of the problem you are having, no sweat!

Ok, I'm sold. How do I get ComBot?

Simple! Browse to ComBot's Wiki for instructions. If you have questions, feel free to join the developers on IRC in the #combot channel!

---------
Update: November 22, 2013 (by Amadeus)

If you're having problems updating ComBot after the latest InnerSpace update, please refer to the following instructions as provided by CyberTech:

Download https://github.com/isxGames/LSMIPC/blob/master/Release/LSMIPC.dll (click on "View Raw") and overwrite your current file in the "/InnerSpace/LavishScript Modules" directory
Hopefully the installation instructions for new users (in the wiki link provided by Teht) will have the correct version of LSMIPC.dll automatically. However, if you come across issues loading that particular file (or any error messages related to it), you should download it manually as instructed by CyberTech.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sadoru

Just installed ComBot and was running inside of FIVE minutes (yes, really)!.

Just execute
Code:
dotnet CombotPatcher isxGamesPatcher CombotPatcher 0 https://github.com/VendanAndrews/CombotPatcher/raw/master/combot.xml
then
Code:
run combot
in the IS console.

No need to setup a SVN or GIT client on your PC, easy as pie. So no excuse to not get involved in testing.

Just do it!

Thanks to Tehtsuo and Vendan. :)

Teht

ComBot Author
ComBot Halloween Update

Good news everyone! ComBot's been through some explosive growth since our public release. I'm here to show off some of the new features!

New Hauler Mode - Queue

10-27-2012 4-33-28 PM.png

The Queue mode allows you to create complex haul operations and run them.

Ever want to pick up items from two different corporate hangars in different systems, then pick up items from your personal hangar in another system, and haul everything to a Large Ship Assembly Array in yet another system to unload? Queue mode can do it!

How about servicing two orcas in different systems? Add a pickup from one orca, dropoff at station, pickup from the other orca, and dropoff at station. Then enable repeat on it and watch it do the work for you!

New Minimodes - UndockWarp

New minimodes have been written to make your job easier, like UndockWarp, which allows you to automatically warp to an undock bookmark when you undock. Also, existing minimodes have been enhanced, including AutoModule which received new functionality.

10-30-2012 10-27-49 PM.png

Behavior Rewrites

All behavior modules have been rewritten to improve efficiency and reliability, as well as to improve ease of use. All behavior configuration interfaces now have a hover-over informational display, explaining what the control is meant to do. In addition, additional options have been added across the board for most behavior modules. Want ComBot to harvest gas for you? It's ready to go. Want your salvager to unload into an orca? Sure, no problem. Want to log out after filling your market orders with the HangarSale module? Done!

Thanks to our improvements in core ComBot modules, we are poised to add new abilities to ComBot, like:

• Behavior modules such as Ratting, Anomaly clearing, and Mission Running.
  • New minimodes, like skill queuing and enhanced drone control.
  • A fleet assist mode designed to help multiboxers who want an extra edge which is difficult to accomplish with broadcasting alone.

What are you waiting for? There's no lengthy setup involved, and no learning curve. ComBot is designed to be easy, so give it a try!

Attachments

Last edited:

Thiago001

I keep getting COULD NOT LOAD INTERFACE FILE "CSALVAGE.XML" is there something I need to do our is this still being worked on?

Thanks

Teht

ComBot Author
The best place to get help is in the #combot IRC channel.

Two things to try if you're having trouble:

Clean install using
Code:
dotnet CombotPatcher isxGamesPatcher CombotPatcher 0 https://github.com/VendanAndrews/CombotPatcher/raw/master/combot.xml
Re-load files using
Code:
run combot -d
Neither should cause you to lose your configuration files. If neither work it's best to join us on IRC.

Thiago001

The best place to get help is in the #combot IRC channel.

Two things to try if you're having trouble:

Clean install using
Code:
Re-load files using
Code:
run combot -d
Neither should cause you to lose your configuration files. If neither work it's best to join us on IRC.
thanks that had helped!

I kind of confused on how to setup for ratting, I set everything up and it just says start and doesn't do anything. What I'm trying to do is setup anomaly ratting and then it bookmark so other toon comes in to salvage as ratter moves to next anomoly.

Thanks for the help

MRss

Combot has problems declining lowsec courier missions.
It accepts mission and then it stays, spams "declining low-sec mission" and need to quit mission manually.
Overall works pretty good

jb69

ok, been looking at this piece of work, it is pretty good I must say. I also discovered the thirdparty folder and have been working on a couple of mods.
Would be nice if there was some form of global notification to things like being attacked and beginning warp though.

First Mod
Mining Drone Minimod

Add miningdrones.iss and miningdrones.xml to your combot/thirdparty/minimode folder.
  • when asteroids are targeted and there is available drone space, mining drones in the drone bay are deployed.
  • if NPC's are present mining drones are returned to the drone bay allowing combat drones to deploy.
  • if non Fleet PC players are present not in mining ships drones are returned to the drone bay.
  • Drones are checked for health.
  • when no asteroids are targeted drones are returned to the bay
future mods..
  • Adding Savage Drones to the Savage Minimod
  • Effective can use for Orca mode.
  • Moving cargo around to fill the Orca cargo hold.
  • Combat Miner - a miner variant who can switch out ships in an Orca's hanger when agro'd and back to a miner when idle.

will have to see how much time I get.

Attachments

tetsujin28

Dear jb69
I test your mining drones mod and there is a bug.
When the cargohold is full the mining drones keep going in and out the drone bay, the barge don't warp to the station.

jb69

Dear jb69
I test your mining drones mod and there is a bug.
When the cargohold is full the mining drones keep going in and out the drone bay, the barge don't warp to the station.
good spotting, I will look at the issue.

I have been mostly using it as a minimode.

Cheers

Daxten

Starting to look into this, thank you guys! I know there is not a lot of Feedback on these forums, but be sure that there are persons out there who really appreciate ur work :)

Londo Mollarie

this program still maintained ? . seems the wiki page and actualy any of the combot websites are down.

edit : tryed the clean install but same as the webpages .. can t connect to the server.

guardian

I was hoping that a small feature could be added to the hangar sale.

Ideally I would like to be able to charge x amount over a station's price.

Like when I sell salvage in remote systems id like to be able to sell it at a higher percentage over Jita or Amarr.

This doable?

b0oMeR

Hey guys I'm having a problem with orca mining with combot.
My problem is that I' unsure of how to setup tractor beam usage on the Orca. I have tried putting salvage mininode on but it will only loot to cargohold not ore hold/fleet hangar, this method also does not dock because the Orca uses "fleet hangar" as a threshold.

gair

Graphics issue. Anyone else losing the "combo" button graphics if you run some other script before ComBot? When running EveBot before ComBot I no longer can see the checkboxes. Weird.

Spaceboy

Graphics issue. Anyone else losing the "combo" button graphics if you run some other script before ComBot? When running EveBot before ComBot I no longer can see the checkboxes. Weird.
I had the issue too, I just did a run combot -d and/or reloaded eve/innerspace. I've pretty much given up on evebot tbh, I've done so many personalization mods to combot that aside from crashing when hauling it's doing exactly what I want it to do.

gair

Thanks for the reply SpaceBoy. Glad I'm not the only one who seen it.

Yeah, I'm headed in the same direction you've already gone. I really like ComBot, but I have too much customization in EveBot that I need to move over to give up completely on EveBot. For now.

bowie

Having this problem since today.

Firstly - the Location box in Miner - Configuration does not autocomplete.

Secondly, and more importantly, when my miner arrives at his bookmarked location, he fails to see the asteroid belt. This is a belt I have been using for weeks. I get this message in the status screen:

Code:
Attempting to force a PopulateEntities to fix bug.
Belts still not found after re-filling the index.
Debug tab shows Behaviour Pending Status as MoveToBelt.

I've re-installed with negative results.

bowie

I know this is no longer maintained (I've tried EveCom and for the life of me I can't get it to work) but Combot still works great for me...as long as my miners are solo. When i try to fleet them, as soon as I invite, I tab out to the other pilot, accept the invite, and by the time I've tabbed back to the leader, the invited pilot has left the fleet. This only happens when Combot is running.

Any workaround or fix for this? Anyone else encountering the same problem?

Module was built for LSModule API version 19. Current LSModule API version is 20.
LavishScript Module 'LSMIPC' required, but failed to load

com bot does not work(((

anthg99

Module was built for LSModule API version 19. Current LSModule API version is 20.
LavishScript Module 'LSMIPC' required, but failed to load

com bot does not work(((
i wish i knew more about programing now, this might be an easy fix for someone who know's what they are doing

Updating CombotPatcher master in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\.Net Programs
CombotPatcher master Updated in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\.Net Programs
Updating EveMemManager master in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\.Net Programs
EveMemManager master Updated in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\.Net Programs
Updating CombotPatcher master in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts
ComBot.iss Downloaded
CombotPatcher master Updated in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts
Updating WarpToAnom master in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\.Net Programs
WarpToAnom master Updated in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\.Net Programs
Updating LSMIPC master in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\LavishScript Modules
LSMIPC master Updated in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\LavishScript Modules
Updating Combot <Combat> in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts\combot
Unhandled exception in application.
Outer Exception: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type is not resolved for member
'Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException,Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed'.

at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssemblyByName(String assemblyName) at LavishVMRuntime.LVMDomainManager.AsEx.NewExecuteAssembly4()
at LavishVMRuntime.LVMDomainManager.AsEx.NewExecuteAssembly()
at LavishVMRuntime.LVMDomainManager.AssemblyExecuter(Object Obj)

combot no run(

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Error:No such 'item' member 'GroupID' @Int[1567000599](module).ToItem.GroupID
Code:
<CyberTech> Error:No such 'item' member 'GroupID' @Int[1567000599](module).ToItem.GroupID
<CyberTech> will be fixed in next release, just found some issues i introduced in the patch

xseth

Hi guys I have a problem:

Code:
Unhandled exception in application.
Outer Exception: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type is not resolved for member 'Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException,Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed'.
any ideas how t ofix this? or is this a combot issue? it was working fine 2 days ago

Error: The remote name could not be resolved: 'combot.vendaria.net'
Running Combot Branch public
Script file 'combot/combot.iss' not found
RunScript 'combot/combot.iss' failed
Script file 'combot/combot' not found
RunScript 'combot/combot' failed

( ?

Shrike

As far as I'm aware, combot is no longer maintained.

As mentioned above, if I run the main script, not the updater, it works for me.

Try asking in #combot or #evecom on irc.

gair

frbyles,

where does the LSMIPC come from?

I use to use ComBot, and will go back to using it if I knew I could keep it running.

CyberTech

Second-in-Command
Staff member
frbyles,

where does the LSMIPC come from?

I use to use ComBot, and will go back to using it if I knew I could keep it running.

Combot, and LSMIPC, were both created by Teht and Vendan. They have since moved on to other things.

The projects they had before, I have forked to:

https://github.com/isxGames/Combot
https://github.com/isxGames/LSMIPC

When updates are required (for breakage from game changes, or, in the case of LSMIPC, Innerspace updates) to Combot or LSMIPC, I've been performing them and posting the updated files in those locations.

If folks have updates to Combot, I'll also be glad to merge them into the repository there.

gair

Thanks for the excellent update CyberTech.... As usual. EveBot is my bread and butter, but there are some nice pieces in ComBot. Thanks for taking the time to keep it updated.

gair

I've tried, but still get the
"Module was built for LSModule API version 19. Current LSModule API version is 21.
LavishScript Module 'LSMIPC' required, but failed to load" error.

gair

figured it out. The LMSIPC.dll file needs to go into the "LavishScript Modules" directory. Not the extensions directory.

Works for me now.

EveMiner

Here is a version of LSMIPC that will work with the current version of LavishScript. Like before, place this file into the "LavishScript Modules" directory. I have been able to get Combot back working properly.

Attachments

Top Bottom