Discussion in 'OgreBot' started by Kannkor, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

I feel like I've been asked about this, a million times. Well here is the answer.

I have written 'ogre pg_ud', Proving Grounds, Underdepths.

If you've used Ogre ADT, you'll be able to set this up in a few seconds. Yes, it's that easy.

I'll make a post with more details here once it's released. Here is a high overview.

• Uses Ogre List Manager. The same list system used in Ogre ADT and Ogre GatheringGoblin.
    • No profiles/exports are required.
    • From the time you are logged in, to completing the zone, and camping, is 12 minutes. Yes, 12. That includes zoning in and out of the PG UD instance.
    • Tracking and reporting. It reports when each toon has completed their instance and how long it took them. If something happens to go wrong, it is reported and logged into the UI.
    • While this zone has lots of fun bugs in it, Ogre can detect and fix them on the fly!
    • You start with your characters in PG lobby, make a list for them in list manager, then hit start. That is the entire "set up".

I am aiming for a release of this weekend.

Earlier this morning testing, I ran 6 accounts for 5 hours. To make math easy, I called it 15 minutes per "cycle" (Meaning from time at login screen, to time at login screen).
    5 hours = 300 minutes, divided by 15 minutes each run, is 20 runs PER account, * 6 accounts = 120 runs, * 14 tokens per run = 1680 tokens for your team in 5 hours, or 336 tokens per hour.

If used responsibly, you will be able to safely get as many tokens as you want for your team. Just be responsible. Don't go thinking if you turn it on, and come back in a week you'll be done, because you'll likely find yourself on drunder unable to use PGs at all.

I'll update this post and make a new one once it is released!
    Loppy likes this.
  2. bastion19

bastion19 Active Member

This is amazing...Thank you.
  3. Lorgalis

Lorgalis Active Member

Woohoo! Can't wait! :D
  4. Loppy

Loppy Member

Fantastic, can finally get my hands on those pesky orange runes!
  5. Jason

Jason New Member

Great news! Cant wait to get my hands on this script!
  6. Extrasplash

Extrasplash Member

oo i cant wait
  7. Jason

Jason New Member

Hope it gets released today!
  8. Jason

Jason New Member

Close to release?
  9. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Today (okay, it's 12:24am, so technically yesterday) was Canada day. I will release it as soon as I wake up.
  10. Oren

Oren Member

Lol obviously people are very excited for this Kannkor. Thanks for making it happen man!
  11. Ibotthis

Ibotthis Member

I'm excited for this as well, I actually....literally...fell asleep while doing the solo pg the other day. After that, I had to just give up doing it until this is released lol.
  12. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

It's released! I'm typing up a wiki page as we speak. If anyone wants to test it now with limited documentation, come to IRC. I'll post a link to the wiki page here when it's created.
    Loppy likes this.
  13. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

14. Ibotthis

Ibotthis Member

I got antsy and didn't wait for the write up, or join the irc channel. I wanted to see if I could make it run without reading any documentation. Since I'm already familiar with ADT, this is identical to that.

I love you man. Like....I want to have your ogre babies.
  15. Oren

Oren Member

Any way to add an MCP button to type 'ogre pg_UD' into the console? or an even more specific command? just trying to make loading this thing up faster since it gonna be used heavily for the next little while.
  16. GamerMac

GamerMac Member

So... evidently DBG is losing more and more customers , but Kannakor is getting more and more..

TAKE MY MONEY... just take it...

I love you man.
  17. Midnyte_ride

Midnyte_ride Active Member

Thanks heaps for this Kannkor, very helpful! Now if only Daybreak would fix their zoning issues...
  18. Oren

Oren Member

Seriously.... the program runs better than the actual game... amazing...
  19. Salaminizer

Salaminizer New Member

I keep getting characters stopping on the second bridge that crumbles. It keeps hitting the run buff, and waiting. After Manually running the character over the bridge it resumes.

thanks in advance if anyone can tell me what i need to do.
  20. Aquaplex2050

Aquaplex2050 Member

Ya this happens to me sometimes as well when i run my toons. I have a question though, is this on a timer? LIke if i only run this on 1 character will it log back in after 90 minutes?
  21. Midnyte_ride

You need to have num lock set as your auto run key. Both in the in-game options, and in the ogre manager under keybinds. I had the same issue.

Yes it keeps an internal timer, so if you only have one toon it will run the zone then camp out and sit at the log in screen until the zone is reset-able and then log the toon back in. I think I've only seen a couple of times out of hundreds of runs when the internal timer became messed up (but even when it does, it just means a 90min timeout for that toon).
  22. microgiant

microgiant New Member

This is awesome, I just started running PG 4-5 days ago and ran it manually 100+ times for my group before I got arthritis in my right hand and found you had released this script. I have been running your script for two days now.

It seems like when it gets an error like on the wrong floor for example it camps my toon.

I would like to make a suggestion for a checkbox to be added that upon error when running the script, the bot will send/zone the toon back to lobby and restart the script from the beginning. This is what I have been doing manually and it seems to work fine.

Thank you for the value add.
  23. Kevinshp

Kevinshp Well-Known Member

hey Kannkor
    This is really awesome !! almost as good as when you added side stabbing for me ;-) hehe but seriously really great script. one Issue I have not sure weather its on my end or just something that happens but periodically my instance will freeze on me and wont log in and I have to close the windows and restart them.

Thanks
  24. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

It's not that it "freezes" per say, you never finish zoning, so it's sitting there waiting for you to finish zoning. You'd have to talk to DBG for them to actually fix it.
  25. Kevinshp

ah ok so nothing we can do about it atm?
  26. Ibotthis

Ibotthis Member

I have good luck running it on a separate computer than what I'm using for other stuff. I set up a laptop just to run these while I do other stuff on my main desktop computer. If I run it on my desktop while I do other things (play other games, write papers, watch videos) I get frequent crashes or hangups while zoning. If I run it on my laptop and that machine does nothing else at all, I have no issues. If I run a single instance on my desktop while I am off the computer doing things around the house, I have no issues then either.
  27. Kevinshp

Thanks for the info. I don't run anything else while I am doing this except web browsers. I have a shut down everything other than eq2 and I still get the stuck zoning thing ;-( . so
  28. Kevinshp

One other issue I have is one toon keeps getting an error saying couldn't get the form from the clicky. Every time I watch him go into the zone he gets it. But I'll come back to it and his name in the list will be in red with that error code. Is there something I should look for to trouble shoot to make it so he doesn't get this error?
  29. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Unless something is globally broken, you'd need to actually watch what happened, in a reproducible way, or give me enough information about what exactly happened that I could look into it. Otherwise it's a random guessing game that I'm going to blame on "lag" :)
  30. DaggerSplicer

DaggerSplicer Active Member

Wow, I am really flipping out over this script. Thank you for all the time and work in making it a reality. Question, "Is there a way to have one Ogre instance process additional lists instead of running 6 different instances?" What I mean is after the run is completed upon camp out ,"is there a way to have the next character list processed instead of opening another instance?" Trying to avoid having to running 6 different instances.
  31. Kevinshp

Yes just add the next list to the active list. So you open list hit add to active then open your next list and add that to active. Only if you go past six toon your losing time on the first toon.
  32. Thefallen

Thefallen Member

My list run's through fast enough I need to 7 toons on the go per list. Even running two instances.
  33. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

As Kevinshp mentioned, you can just keep adding more to the list.
    IE: PG_Account1 -> Add
    PG_Account2 -> Add
    It should show all toons from both lists into the active list and they will run, in order.
  34. DaggerSplicer

DaggerSplicer Active Member

Thanks 4 the assist.
  35. appleuser

appleuser Well-Known Member

This is amazing Kannkor, thank you. Would there be any way of an audible alert if a toons run goes over a certain amount of time? A couple of times now I've gone afk and come back to see the toon stuck with no power and 'running long' at 20 mins. No CAs want to cast and the only thing I can do is exit the zone.
  36. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

It will do a 'ding' when it starts 'running long' the first time. But it's a mild ding so if you were out of the room unlikely to hear it.
    appleuser likes this.
  37. Kevinshp

I found myself like that as well stuck without power so run away from the mob that your stuck on he will leash you get power then go back to where u were and the bot will take over again.
    appleuser likes this.
  38. Loppy

Loppy Member

I thought I'd spend the day running PG's (as per Kannkors sage words in the expert thread) but I'm hitting a few snags getting started.

I've thought to reduce lag and zone times I'd split my group into 2 groups of 3. I've set the groups up on eq2char and Ogre list manager.

I then do the following:
    1) On one of the toons I then run ogre pg_ud
    2) Hit 'add all to active toon list'.
    3) Hit 'run active toon list'

I must be doing something wrong as I can't get all 3 toons to run it at the same time. Edit: I now can't them to move at all.

Edit: Ok I got them all to run it by running Ogre pg_ud on each toon and putting the toon name inton the run active toon box. After running it they all logged out so I logged them back in but now cannot get them to move. Guess I haven't quite got to grips with the finer details of this.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  39. Midnyte_ride

If you're adding all of your toons to a single list, then that's correct, only one toon will run it at a time. If you want three toons/lists to run concurrently, you'll need to do ogre pg_ud on each of them, and load a separate list on each.

For example, you have Toons A, B, C, D, E, and F. If you create one list with all 6 it will run toon A, then toon B, then toon C, etc. What you want to do is create three lists, the first being toons A and B, the second toons C and D, and the third toons E and F. Then load up toons A, C, and E, and run ogre pg_ud on each and load their list (and only their list).

For the movement double check you have W set to move forward and S set to move backward (in the EQ2 settings), and also num lock set to auto run.
    Loppy likes this.
  40. Loppy

Loppy Member

Ahh ok, many thanks. I'll try that now.

Edit: That worked perfectly, the 3 toons ran the instance and zoned out. However, when i've logged them back in I cannot get them to run the zone again. They aren't moving no matter what I try.
  41. Loppy

Loppy Member

Edit: All sorted now, lists and runs running smoothly.

Thank goodness for those extra level 100 tokens that we were given a while ago. I can now run all accounts with no downtime.
  42. appleuser

appleuser Well-Known Member

From today's patch notes

• The Underdepths lockout has been increased to 3 hours.
    There will be a new solo / duo zone as from today's patch though.
  43. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Once I can confirm the lockout did indeed change I'll update it.
    I have no plans of coding another PG. So level more toons or it'll just take longer with the 3 hour lockout.
  44. Camper

Camper Active Member

Not sure if anyone else was getting the zone in issue to the Underdepths, but I resolved mine by going to options (alt+o) and selecting performance and choosing extreme performance.
    And be sure, if you haven't already, to save your settings before you do this so you can revert back.
    Since I've done that, I've had 0 zoning issues. It runs until the game crashes :)
  45. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

You mean people don't run in max performance 24/7?!?! :)
  46. Camper

Camper Active Member

Yea, that's bad. I can only go about 4-6hrs before mine crashes :(
  47. pelly

pelly Active Member

Just curious what people are doing with the new PG forearms. Essentially, do you swap out expert forearms with purple adorn (and potentially breakup a set) for new PG forearms with new yellow glory adorn (200% health, 250k AM and some CB overcap) for a cost of about 1350 PG coins?

Was ready to spend the coins, then hesitated. Not sure PG forearms with adorn are better than the expert forearms/purple adorn I am already wearing. Might be better to spend the 1350 coins on an alt.

Thoughts?
  48. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

IMO, unless you have t4 forarms (with 500 potency), then PG forearms are a no brainer. The exception is if you're not at cb cap.
    T4 forearms: http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1998485274
    PG forearms: http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2057252826
    PG: 20 resolve, 132.4 cb, 146.1 pot, orange slot
    T4: 23 resolve, 234 cb, 509 potency, purple slot
    The orange adorn from pg, is 200% max health and 200k amod and 80cb over cap.

The health is a nice bonus for the orange, but from a pure dps point of view, I'm really comparing 350 pot vs 80 cb (overcap, but assuming you're at the cap, then you gain 80 cb).
    Some simple math tells us that the cb overcap is worth it.
    Raw base damage (Doesn't really matter, just an example)
    Base potency: 35,000%
    Crit bonus: 4300%
    That equates to a hit of: 15,050,000.

If we swap items we end up with:
    Pot: 34650 (minus 350)
    Cb: 4380
    This equates to a hit of: 15,176,700.

If you have t4 forearms, then I'd say you need to look at the purple slot, and decide from there, but from a pure DPS point of view (unless my calculation is wrong), the new PG ones will be best. Also note, I did not account for the 200k amod what so ever.

Now, anyone without T4 forearms, it's worth while.
  49. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

I mentioned the exception then didn't explain...
    I haven't looked at it enough for the toons not at cb cap (which for me, is Guardian and Defiler). So until look at it closer, I'm not buying the PG forearms on these toons. The concern with toons not at cb cap, is you would be reducing your cb by up to 100 (depends which forearms you have), reducing your potency by up to 350, for what gain? 200% max health and 200k amod. I feel like that is very not worth it, but haven't thought about it any more than that.
  50. Salaminizer

Salaminizer New Member

Just a heads up they moved the zone in for Underdepths
  51. mangi

mangi New Member

I'm new to using the 'ogre pg_ud', Proving Grounds, Underdepths. I was actually on when the zone-in was moved causing the toons to just camp next to the old location. Is this something user correctable or do we need to wait on update?
  52. Trystes

Trystes Member

I don't think this is user fixable. I don't see any files to edit for that zone.
  53. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Not user fixable. I'm working on a patch for it as we speak.
  54. Trystes

Trystes Member

Awesome thanks, your the best !!
  55. mangi

mangi New Member

Thank you Kannkor!
  56. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Okay, it's updated.
    Easiest way to update, is close all your EQ2 sessions down, then load ONE session, and allow ISXOgre to patch (automatic), then you can continue on your way.
  57. Trystes

Trystes Member

Thank you !!
  58. Midnyte_ride

They moved the portal back again :(
  59. larrydoyle

larrydoyle Senior Member

Yeah, who is even working at 3:45AM PST to do that? Wonder if we need the script to look at both locations.

Also wondering if the UI could contain a "not to exceed" user input field of minutes to run a character. If the time exceeded that, it would just logout the character but tag it to not try again past the lockout timer. That way when characters get impossibly stuck, power drained, etc. and can't complete the run, it does not stop everyone else in the queue from proceeding. Just a thought!
    appleuser likes this.
  60. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Patched out so it will handle the portal on either side.