Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C@t@t0N1C, Aug 8, 2008.

1. C@t@t0N1C

C@t@t0N1C Active Member

I just downloaded and installed. I think I followed all the instructions correctly. I had difficulty with the login (authentication with either Inner Space or isxvg) the first time--it was all black and I couldn't read the authentication request text.

Now whenever I launch using the default profile it crashes. I have an image of the crash and will attach.

1. Operating System type - Windows XP Home v2002, SP2
    2. Amount of RAM - 2G
    3. Processor type and stats - Pentium 4 @ 3.0GHz
    4. Video card brand and stats (be very specific) dual nVidia 7950s
    5. ISXVG version - just downloaded tonight
    6. isxGamesPatcher version - just downloaded tonight

Attached Files:

2. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

3. C@t@t0N1C

C@t@t0N1C Active Member

I reviewed the HOWTO on manually entering subscription. I went to .\Inner Space\Extensions\ -- there isn't an ISXVG.xml. As I was writing this I went back, double-checked, and then checked for hidden files. It's just not there.

I used the InnerSpace uninstall. I deleted the \Program Files\InnerSpace directory after the uninstall completed. I rebooted. I started the InnerSpace installation an completed it. I started the ISXVG installation and completed it. At no point was I asked again for authentication. As I deleted the entire directory, this raises questions--1) is the XML file in the HOWTO an override to information that may be stored elsewhere? 2) why didn't the uninstall remove the authentication?

FYI - after I had the initial auth problem I switched to windowed mode and have been running in windowed mode since that time. I am concerned it may have stored bad auth information and perhaps that is at the root of the crash problem. I am also concerned that the uninstall does not seem to completely remove everything.

How can I get a fresh start? Or do you have another recommendation?

Thanks
  4. Amadeus

if you start the game with innerspace, using the walkthrough that was a part of the subscription process, then when you get in the game you can open the innerspace console (using the ~ key) and type "ext isxvg". When you do that, it should ask you for your isxGames subscription information you did with paypal. (And, that's when it writes ISXVG.xml)

It's important to follow all of the instructions carefully when you subscribed. After you went to paypal and clicked "Return to Merchant" you would be taken here:

http://www.isxgames.com/isxvg/Setup_Step1.html
  5. C@t@t0N1C

C@t@t0N1C Active Member

Yes, I followed the Setup_Steps very carefully. I saved the URL so I could repeat the process (I occasionally 2-box). When it crashes, it is before the game starts. The game never starts. I get the crash with the dialog I attached to the original post.
  6. C@t@t0N1C

C@t@t0N1C Active Member

Follow-up: At the suggestion of a friend, I updated my graphics drivers. It still seems to be crashing at the same point. I did submit an error report and add my nick (the one I use here).
  7. Amadeus

And the game works without innerspace?

If it crashes without anything to do with ISXVG (ie, if it's just innerspace that's crashing you) ..you'll have to go to Lavishsoft.com and talk to Lax.

All I know is if you follow the setup instructions and run in winodowed mode, it should work just fine.
  8. C@t@t0N1C

C@t@t0N1C Active Member

Yes, it works fine without InnerSpace. I'll touch-base with Lax. Thanks.
  9. C@t@t0N1C

C@t@t0N1C Active Member

Hi Amadeus,

I have now verified Inner Space is running fine and the dump, above, is the result of Inner Space attempting to load ISXVG ("ext isxvg")--at least I reasonably believe that's where it's crashing.

I did the verification by chatting with Lax and he said from the dump there was probably something in my startup sequence that was causing the crash. I removed the "ext isxvg" and Inner Space launched Vanguard without incident. I added the "ext isxvg" back into the startup and received the same crash and dump.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
  10. C@t@t0N1C

C@t@t0N1C Active Member

This problem was resolved by a new ISXVG.dll provided to me by Amadeus.

Thanks, Amadeus!