Discussion in 'ISXRI and CombatBot' started by Frawg, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Frawg

Frawg Member

Today, I went to boot up ISXRI how, i`ve been doing all week (New ISXRI user), on unloading my other products and booting up ISXRI, my games would immediately crash. I closed all of my windows and attempted to use my dedicated ISXRI startup, and still no luck.

Everything is working fine until I type "EXT ISXRI" or attempt to use the dedicated startup I have for ISXRI.

Edit: I notice this was stickied, Just wanted to clarify that this was popping up the regular inner space crash window (and closing my EQ2 Window) on immediate start-up of ISXRI, not on the opening of any of the windows within. (Had a friend ask earlier :)).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. Multicharacter

Multicharacter Senior Member

Just as a test try renaming isxri.dll to something like isxritest.dll, then load extension isxritest and see if it still instantly crashes. Windows 10 takes it upon itself to do some odd things in the name of 'compatibility' at times - and if renaming the extension works then it points to the same registry bug I was running into awhile back.
  3. Frawg

Frawg Member

Simply changing it from ISXRI to ISXRIT fixed it, thank you Multicharacter, I hate posting when I have technical issues, Especially since ive had to harass him twice in two weeks. LOL

Glad it was a simple solution :)
  4. Multicharacter

Multicharacter Senior Member

You'll want to go into your registry, and search for isxri.dll , and delete any appcompatibility entries you find for it - then you can rename it back to isxri.dll. Updating can cause some problems if you try just keeping it another name.

Here's where it was for me:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

Look for Name: 'path to EQ2'
    Data 'IgnoreFreeLibrary <isxri.dll>'

Windows seems to put that in there on it's own, and it makes the extension immediately crash when Windows does that.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  5. Frawg

Frawg Member

Also worked, Thanks Multi