December 3, 2009 -- "Dominion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
The "Dominion" version of ISXEVE was released just a few moments prior to the posting of this announcement. From testing so far it appears as though 95% of the extension is working as it should; however, there may be things creep up in the next week or so that will need to be addressed.

The issue of performance (i.e., FPS loss while running scripts) is known and being addressed internally. As of now, we're not exactly sure what is causing this loss of performance, so it may take a while to fix. CCP did a fairly extensive restructuring of the client, so these types of ongoing issues are to be expected for a while.

If you find any bugs or issues, please feel free to post them on the "Bug Reports" forum here on the boards. However, make sure that you are posting on the right board -- there is one for isxeve related issues and one for evebot related bugs/issues. READ the introduction to each board (i.e., top of the page) very carefully.

Finally, for those maintaining scripts, please be sure to read the ISXEVEChanges.txt file that was patched tonight.

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Update:

We are making good progress towards resolving the performance issues with ISXEVE. However, it is very slow going as it requires rewriting and combing through a large portion of the ISXEVE source code.

I expect to work on this several hours a night over the next few days (along with coding/testing/profiling assistance from Cybertech, and testing/profiling assistance from Stealthy.) Hopefully you will start to see better performance by the weekend.

Test builds are released regularly on the IRC channel if you're interested in being more involved (and better informed about progress.)

I also want to let all of you know that we're not entirely sure why this patch caused such a performance loss with ISXEVE. We also cannot tell you why Windows XP is less affected than Windows 7. The best guess that I have is that something CCP did is not working as well (or vastly different) than it did previously. So, the best we can do is optimize everything as much as humanly possible and hope that it is enough to fix the matter.

It'll probably be about my luck that we'll spend 50 hours on it and then CCP will patch one night and fix it immediately by correcting one of their own bugs....

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Update:
I just released version 20091201.0857.

Using evebot STABLE while mining, I have not come across any crashes and my FPS has been steady at 60 FPS (which is what I have normally.)

All users, unless they are developers or testers (present on the IRC channel), should be using evebot STABLE. (on the "evebot" UI window it will say "EVEBot: Stable Revision ###"). If you are not using that version, then you should review the download links on the script release forums in order to find the information that allows you to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom