Discussion in 'Scripts (.NET)' started by Tsumari2, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Tsumari2

Tsumari2 Active Member

Script is working really well, against most NPCs I have a %100 win rate with it. The only major bug I've found is that if an opponent takes away your expression the bot does not recognize if it cannot afford some cards, and the parley will pause there until a human shows up.

GW.

Tsumari
  2. Karye

Karye Active Member

I am able to reproduce this. I'll look into getting this fixed.
  3. IeU

IeU Active Member

keep the good work mate,

with the latest version im getting this and i do not know why.

the npc drop down menu is much much much more responsive now

nice work.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      21 KB
      Views:
  4. Karye

Karye Active Member

This would be caused by using an older version of the isxvgwrapper.dll included with isxvg. The current release of isxvg (20070215b) should have the updated isxvgwrapper.dll.
  5. abbadon

abbadon Active Member

isxvgwrapper

Karye,

I updated to the latest diplobot this morning and encountered the same error. I was already on 'b' but to make sure I removed isxvg from my machine, redownloaded the latest isxvg and re-installed. My isxvgwrapper is dated 2/15/2007 1:12 AM.

Is this the correct timestamp? This is what the 'b' installer put back. I verified the wrapper was missing before the last install.

The speed of the drop down great. Thanks for all your work!
  6. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

This is my mistake. I've fixed it now so that isxvg wrapper is always up-to-date with the latest isxvg installation. Get version c.
  7. abbadon

abbadon Active Member

wrapper

Awesome.

Thanks Ama and Karye!
  8. timmah3209

timmah3209 Active Member

FYI, I'm having problems with diplobot using a rebuttal at the very beginning of the parley when the opponent doesnt even have anything to take away yet.
  9. lexia

lexia Active Member

Is there a currrent working version of diplobot?
  10. Karye

Karye Active Member

I am currently working on another project but ill look into getting corrected.
  11. Karye

Karye Active Member

I wasn't aware it was broken. What issues are you having?
  12. Karye

Karye Active Member

It looks like game update 1 broke diplomacy. When a strategy is played the server isnt updating the client with the information for the number till the card can be played again. Once sigil fixes this bug diplobot should work as normal. If they decide for whatever reaon no to fix it soon. I'll implement a workaround.
  13. djvj

djvj Active Member

This is broke since update to isxvg. It worked fine right before isxvg autoupdated. Never starts when clicking start diplomacy.
  14. Karye

Karye Active Member

no i wont be adding tell detection. Afk botting is bad k?

there was a release of isxvg that had some bugs in it. repatch and you should be good to go.
  15. Sorenbro

Sorenbro Active Member

Thnx for making this Bot. I must say I have Learned a lot from it. I never really got diplomacy until I started watching your bot. Now I find that I really enjoy it and opt to do it myself most of the time. :)
  16. aChallenged1

aChallenged1 Active Member

Request: Ability to save winning strategy hands for each NPC and each type of Parley with that NPC. Even a way to make it go from one to another NPC if they are within 20 units so that you're always working. Changing the hand you use for each one and each parley.
  17. rootkit

rootkit Active Member

I want to support this. We really need a method to exchange Strategycards in scripts. TIA
  18. djvj

djvj Active Member

I also want to say thank you for this. It works great. One thing I noticed, it doesn't like to play purple cards until there is no other card to play. If this was reversed, and tried to play them first, success should go up, along with speed of parlays.
  19. diraven

diraven Active Member

Is this bot still being worked on?
  20. djvj

djvj Active Member

Found a bug, it still plays rebuttals for expressions that are disabled in the parlay. eg. Reason is disabled, yet it plays a reason rebuttal. It also likes to start out with a rebuttal when the npc clearly has nothing since parlay just started.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  21. aChallenged1

It can only play what's in the deck you have set up. As of yet, there is no way to make it change cards, save decks, etc. It's not a mastermind, it's a simple bot.
  22. MTBR

MTBR Active Member

is anyone else having an issue when you load diplobot VG minimizes and freeezes?
  23. Kazman420

Kazman420 Active Member

24. aChallenged1

Since I read through all that and never experienced any such problem, I'm sure that's it.

Must run VG in windowed mode. Just SHIFT+ALT+F to get that full screen feel! :D
  25. djvj

djvj Active Member

I don't think you understand me. I wasn't asking for those things... I never asked to play cards not in the deck.... All I was saying is its playing cards that the expression is disabled. Wasn't sure if this was part of the AI or not. I was unsure if it is smart enough to know when an expression is disabled to not play a card that only affects that single expression. Since the source isn't public, there isn't much I can do to play with the AI.
  26. aChallenged1

When I say deck, I'm not talking your full deck. I should have said hand. If the card is in the hand, it will play (or try to). Again, it doesn't change the hand being played to prevent use of disabled expressions. It's up to you to make sure the right hand is set up.
  27. djvj

djvj Active Member

Ah ok. I did kind of start to realize that. I just thought the AI was smarter at first.
  28. aChallenged1

We hope to have (someday) the ability to change hands automatically depending on who and type of parley... don't expect it soon.
  29. Etain

Etain Active Member

New Version up works
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  30. aChallenged1

Crashed me out of game when closing diplobot

New version works, yes, however, when I closed it so that I could log off before they brought down the servers, it crashed. Yes, diplobot specifically crashed and gave me a popup window. Wish I would have screenshot it, or written it down, damn it.
  31. Etain

Etain Active Member

Something simple I'd like to see is the ability to engage multiple targets in range with a simple /face command. Possible?
  32. aChallenged1

Of course it is possible. Only issue is whether or not the same hand works on them all.
  33. aChallenged1

KillJoy Diplobot Crash and worse.

This is the second time this has happened to me. Running Diplobot, finishing what I'm doing and closing it only to have an error window thrown up at me and crashing Vanguard. Last time it happened I only had an issue with VG crashing. This time I had to restart my system because everything had locked up.

34. Etain

Etain Active Member

Actually if you grind on parlays 25 levels lower than you you can do most parlays with a balanced deck.

Even con interviews are very tough 175+ and it's next to impossible to find a deck that works for all 3-4 parlays on an even con engagement. I'd advise grinding on a 125 till 200 doing all 3-4 parlays.
  35. Etain

Etain Active Member

Something else that annoys me is that the bot doesn't play the largest card available.

For example I have a 4 dot red worth 5 points and a 2 dot blue worth 3 points up and the point spread is 4 against me. The bot will always play the 3 point card over the 5 point card giving the point to the NPC vs. playing the 5 point red card and giving me the point.

Can you fix?
  36. Toad

Toad Active Member

The AI seems to be playing cards from right to left, with little actual AI involved.

Deck positions:

1 2 3 4 5
    6 7 8 9 10

I currently have access to up to 6 cards. The bot first checks to see if a 0 cost card is in slot 6, then 5, and so on. I have "Exchange of Views" in slot 5, so it plays that first.

The NPC plays it's card, and now the bot will again check in descending order, and find that the card in slot 4 is playable. Even if a better card is in another slot, the slot 4 card will always get chosen.

The NPC plays it's 2nd card, which gives them 2 demand. Now, there is a demand rebuttal in my hand, but if it is not in slot 3, it won't get played in the correct order. If another playable card is ahead of it, that will get played instead of the rebuttal.

Later on in the parley, having the rebuttal in slot 3 means it's available when there is no demand to rebut. If no cards in 6,5, or 4 are playable; the rebuttal gets thrown down, regardless of the state of my opponent. Usually this results in a loss as it is likely the rebuttal was just available faster than my opponent's evaluation.

We need an option to hold rebuttals until they can actually rebut something.

And Etain, you can probably use the information here to get the bot to play your 5 point card first :)
  37. djvj

djvj Active Member

Thanks Toad, will try that.
  38. djvj

djvj Active Member

This may need to be updated soon (by next patch or one there after). Diplo is changing in a big way and we will have a max of 16 card slots.
  39. Etain

Etain Active Member

Diplomacy Gameplay Update, part one V A N G U A R D T A C T
    Today, 06:40 PM - by Aruspex - SGO
    This topic is going to be covered in two posts, one tonight and the other tomorrow. I'll cover the more technical side tonight, and then the more content-oriented side in tomorrow's post.

Coming very soon (perhaps as early as next patch, but likely more like patch after, depending on a number of variables) there is going to be a major upgrade to your Diplomacy strategy and how you plan and play Diplomacy in Vanguard.

One of the goals of Diplomacy is to give every parley a feeling of choice and consequence, and to have nearly every parley to present at least some challenge.

To this end, we're increasing the number of card slots available in your (and the NPCs') Strategy by a significant amount. I'll list off the numbers in a moment, and please understand they may be very slightly tweaked before they hit live.

Players will also note that NPCs now have a larger card pool to play from. To this end, we are iterating through a revamp of every NPC deck in the game. I'll elaborate the details of this revamp tomorrow, but the basic news is that every race and station possesses a pool of cards in which it can play from. When NPC multi-deck arrives, this pool will be used to build a number of decks that the NPC uses - meaning that while you will not be able to predict exactly what cards an NPC uses in a deck, you will be able to learn which cards it COULD have used.

For this update, what this means is you will see some consistency every time you play a specific race and station. High Elves all possess (but don't necessarily use) Elven Wisdom, and the inclusion of Station cards means that a High Elf domestic will possess (but not necessarily use) Domestic Dispute.

There will be a period of readjustment in how you view each parley when this change hits. Personally, I believe that the increase in choice, the ability of an NPC to play "around" being cut out of a single Expression type, and the inclusion of interesting new cards to fill out your decks will be an extremely positive one. Early indications on our end is that this update will hit these goals well.

The specific card roll out will be presented as:
    Skill level: (old value)/(new value)

0-39: 5/5
    40-99: 5/8
    100-149: 6/9
    150-199: 6/10
    200-249: 7/11
    250-299: 7/12
    300-349: 8/13
    350-399: 8/14
    400-449: 9/15
    450-499: 9/16

At this time, there is no further card increase at 500. We are looking at alternate rewards for the player who reaches 500.

We're very excited to be bringing out this update to your Diplomacy gameplay - an opportunity to see Diplomacy more closely aligned with our vision for the sphere in this game.
  40. aChallenged1

Great, what about multi-decks for players?
  41. djvj

djvj Active Member

Slated for 2011. Gotta let the npc multi-deck burn in first.
  42. aChallenged1

Requests for next version

The following are requests I have for when diplobot is updated after the coming changes take place.

• Two sliders for Min and Max delay times, so each individual can set it to their liking. Somewhere between 0.5 and 3 seconds would be nice.
    • When the opponent is "listening" don't burn point using cards, use only no cost cards or simply listen when the marker is on player's side of 0.

I'll add more as I think of them.
  43. aChallenged1

Add to the list the ability to choose to round robin up to 3 different people in parley, that would give (if you have a hand that will work for them all) a rotating nonstop parley run, unless you lose in which case it just goes on to the next in the round robin. Make sure it has a "slow face" so that you are facing your parley opponent.
  44. Toad

Toad Active Member

That suggestion about not playing point cards needs to be optional; I know of several NPC decks that require you to remain proactive if you get the advantage or they'll play a heavy hitter on you and you'll be chasing at the end instead of having a built up lead for them to chase.
  45. Knoop

Knoop Active Member

One thing is strange. Whenever I click the diplobot.exe nothing really happens. I don't see any extraction window and the process isn't listed in my task manager. Is it because Vanguard is currently running?
  46. aChallenged1

Vanguard must be in windowed mode when you run diplobot, says so in the instructions.
  47. Knoop

Knoop Active Member

I didn't even come to the point making it run as it won't extract the files from the diplobot.exe. That's my main problem I cannot solve. I even tried to redownload the files, but it didn't help. Thanks for your help so far though.
  48. aChallenged1

Another Feature Request

This one from my fiance...

She would like to see an indicator like the "Skill Ups" indicator, but for presence increases. She doesn't care what presence it is, just a general presence increase indicator.

Sounds good to me, too. Be too much work to make it track every presence increase for every type in each parley.
  49. aChallenged1

STOP! You can't parley at this time!

I noticed today that the bot can often (way too often at that) keep trying to parley after a loss, which causes the system to tell you something like "You cannotn parley at this time." This needs to be addressed and corrected, please!

Also, add in about 0.2 seconds delay onto whatever existing delay there is between card actions. I'm seeing a lot of "It's not your turn" messages, which is not good either. I think giving us a min and max delay slider bar instead would be best, however.

The bot is awsome, don't get me wrong. I'm using it like crazy to try and get my skills up to or past 100 before the coming changes.

Thanks for your hard, and fabulous work!
  50. Knoop

Knoop Active Member

Is it possible for someone to upload a *.zip or *.rar version of the script. I unfotunately cannot extract your exe-file for whatever reason it is.
  51. aChallenged1

You know that you simply put that exe in the .NET Programs folder and run it (as per the instructions on the diplobot release page) by going in game and typing in (chat) /dotnet diplobot diplobot or from the console dotnet diplobot diplobot, right? If not, try reading the instructions next time.
  52. Knoop

Knoop Active Member

Thank you for your help. Just to clarify it, I have read the instructions and simply misread it I suppose as English is not my native tongue. I apologize for my mistake, because it does not happen too often I misread something.
  53. aChallenged1

Non-English speaker, I'll give you a break. One I'd never give an English speaking person. Now you know the answer. Glad I could help.
  54. aChallenged1

Error Message!

When I tell diplobot to "Start Diplomacy" I get a pop up error over and over. It does not crash the bot; it just won't work. However, when I closed it out, the game jumped to the char select screen.

In other words, it looks like that change Amadeus made for you and a few others to test out caused the bot to break.

Fix please.

PS, definately the change Amadeus put out for your persistant objects...
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  55. aChallenged1

Plays cards it should not.

I've noticed (I watch my bot, not afk more than a minute at a time) that Diplobot will play a card, such as "Gut Feelings" which moves zero, costs me nothing, but removes 2 reason when there is no reason to take away. This goes for other cards of the same type, i.e. "Greener Pastures" which is the same as "Gut Feeling" except that it removes 2 inspire.

Also, with a card like "Well-Traveled Wisdom" which costs to movement points, and takes 2 of all four colors, it plays it when there is less than 2 colors in any block. It plays it randomly, rather than effectively. This card comes from a Qa/Khal quest which gives you a pair of diplomat footwear that allows you to click on it and add that card to your deck permanently.

All of these are killers during diplomacy, but removing them isn't a better option. I need those kinds of cards for dealing with certain parleys.

Would appriciate it if you would look into that and see what you can do to correct the issue. TIA.
  56. djvj

djvj Active Member

I've brought this up on this thread before. It's just not in the AI to use it effectively. I mentioned how it uses these cards when the color was disabled in the parley entirely.
  57. aChallenged1

Yeah, I had to look and I was part of that conversation. We had a bit of a communications problem there with me saying "deck" when I meant hand.

Still, it should not play a card that is of no value, as are the cards described above when their target color is inactive. That should be changed.

A small reminder, to self and anyone else reading this.

Cards are called in order from bottom right to top left like drawing the letter Z backwards.

|10| |09| |08| |07| |06|
    |05| |04| |03| |02| |01|
  58. Etain

Etain Active Member

Why not use use ACTool: http://www.actool.net

loop 5000
    MousePos 50, 220
    LeftClick
    Delay 500
    MousePos 50, 220
    LeftClick
    Keys /parleyplay 0
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyplay 1
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyplay 2
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyplay 3
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyplay 4
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyplay 5
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyplay 6
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyplay 7
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyplay 8
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyplay 9
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyplay 10
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyplay 11
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyplay 12
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyplay 13
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyplay 14
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyplay 15
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyspeak
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleylisten
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 4000
    Keys /lootall
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleycontinue
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    Keys /parleyasses
    keys {RETURN}
    delay 250
    End
  59. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

How is that, in any way, shape, form, or concept, better than diplobot? *Boggle*
  60. Etain

Etain Active Member

Just stack your cards in order of importance 0-15 (Least to Most)

Diplobot AI is a joke. It won't play the highest influence card 95% of the time.

You can beat most parleys 25-50 levels higher than you unlike Diplobot that can barely beat an even con parley if that.
  61. djvj

djvj Active Member

In some cases, a dumb actool script can win, in others not. It's purely situational. One thing that diplobot has over any other tool is speed of parlays and how it knows when it can parlay with the npc. No actool script does that.

I also must disagree about beating 25-50 higher levels then you. I for one was able to using diplobot on 100% win avg. Just try harder in finding an npc you can win against......although now that diplo has changed, my previous statement no longer applies :/
  62. BeernuT

BeernuT Active Member

I didn't see this listed, however diplobot will not show trainers (Sorcerer Trainer, Dread Knight Trainer) in the 'Converse With:' list for Lomshir (only placed i've tried).

-bn
  63. Karye

Karye Active Member

Confirmed and fixed in next release.
  64. CrazyJosh1

CrazyJosh1 Active Member

I have been having problems where it will sometimes lockup entirely, and nothing work at all. This typically happens when I quit a parley before it is finished. I know this is not much to go on, but simply once it happens, when I force it to close my entire pc restarts. (x64 issue w/ vanguard). Just posting it as an fyi to anyone else, they are not the only ones. I will try to track more details down, though it is time consuming due to having to restart each time it occurs.
  65. aChallenged1

If you're going to end a parley prematurely, you need to stop the bot first. Then you end the parley.
  66. Tailormade

Tailormade Active Member

Is this a bug?

I don't know if this is a bug, or something I am doing wrong. Diplobot works for me, however, it works very very slow. I find that I can win a parley using roughly the same cards in sequence in about 1/3 the time. Is this some option to pause between turns that I can tune or turn off?
  67. Chimp

Chimp Active Member

I am having a problem with diplobot not playing my Elven Supremacy card at all. I will have 4 blue dots available and it will still play Slippery slope. I don't know if this is part of the UI to never play 4 dots but if it is I need to know so I can take it off the table.
  68. isusr

isusr Active Member

I think it's a bug in Diplobot.

When getting assertions, the bot always selects the playable assertion card with lowest influence. I think the intent was to select the one with highest influence, but it doesn't.
  69. Toad

Toad Active Member

It plays the cards with the best ratio of influence/expression.

It also will prefer ANY single color card over a multi colored card. (Bad logic here, it is easier to be rebutted away from being able to play a multi than to be rebutted out of a single)

Thus, 3 inf / 2 exp (1.5) > 4/3 (1.33) > 5/4 (1.25)

Toad
  70. echoism

echoism Active Member

diplobot does not take into account disabled expressions for the conversation type when figuring out the most efficient card. It'll play rebuttals when the opponent *cant* have that expression type, and it'll play repeals to give you expression that is disabled.
  71. echoism

echoism Active Member

Diplobot also fails to use repeal cards like Twist of Wisdom or Breakthrough that cost one point of expression, shift the conversation in your favor by 1, and give you 2 points of another type of expression. They are rather efficient cards to play, but diplobot would rather listen than play them.
  72. ats

ats Active Member

Only playing 0 cost cards

Diplo bot at least the current build seems to have a bug where it is only playing the zero cost cards even though it has plenty of points to play the others. Hence it is getting its butt kicked.
  73. rootkit

rootkit Active Member

The unholy alliance of Mr. Mozart and some noobish user destroyed diplobots AI completely.

See here
  74. figmentus

figmentus Active Member

Will we see a fix for this anytime soon, or is there a way for us to temporarily fix this solution?
  75. Akku

Akku Active Member

With the last release anyone else have problems when the bot tries to move to
    another npc? He locks up my vg completly for 1-20sec, then move for 1sec and locks
    up again. when i quit diplobot everything runs smooth as usual. If he dosent need to
    move he works great but spins around if the parley timers are not resetttet :)