Discussion in 'OgreBot' started by Akillles, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Akillles

Akillles Member

Hello there im considering taking the plunge as i am only getting 2-5k on most of my toons on eq2bot. My big question is can i expect MUCH more DPS using OrgeBot with load and go as i do not write scritps, because i have no time to spend on making scripts do max dps. I really think thou its silly that my full T3 (fabled T9) illy does 1500 dps and when i play the toon myself it gets 40k so why this huge difference? sometimes the illy just stands there and says no target etc... seems to never work right so my big thing is will Orgebot work and get me the dps that i can get actually playing the toon?
  2. canoppener

canoppener Active Member

It will take you some time to set it up, but in general I believe you will do more dps. It is also a lot more customizable, as you set your cast order in an easy to use interface (instead of having to make a script to do so). It is incredibly easy to adjust that cast order after you have made it so you can maximize the output.

My groups dps has probably easily doubled since I started using Ogre. It was definitely worth it for me. Even my healer can put out 15k dps while keeping the group alive now.
  3. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

I actually get this question a lot (and rightfully so).

The short answer is, you will get more DPS if you put the time into finding out a proper cast order. Depending on how you are AA spec'ed, your gear, how you play (solo/grind/raid), will greatly affect your cast orders. While there are some sample cast orders available via screen shots etc, they are simply that, a sample of what other people use. If you put the time (or already have the knowledge) to get a perfect cast order for your toon, you should have relatively close DPS to a human.

I say relatively, because a human should always beat a bot because they can account for events that haven't happened yet. However, reliability of a bot is way greater than a human. Bots don't get tired, look away, or hit the wrong button :)

Being the creator of OgreBot, I'm obviously too biased to give much of an opinion, so I always suggest people come to IRC and /join #Ogre and talk to others that have switched and find their opinion/process.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  4. Tamorus

Tamorus Well-Known Member

Ballpark my swashy went from around 11K a fight to around 20K average. But as people have stated it took me a week or two to get the cast order to a decent level and it is still not finished. I think it is definitely worth the money.
  5. tub210

tub210 Active Member

I totally agree with Tamorus. I have quite an assortment of characters that my b/f and I play. He only plays one since he has internet lag issues while I play the others so I am generally boxing 3-4 characters and playing one. We have see a significant increase in dps or dps/heals on all of them. It takes a great deal of time to set each one up, but it is well worth the investment of time and money. I can't imagine playing without it anymore. There are always people in IRC that are willing to answer questions and Kannkor is very responsive. I highly recommend it.
  6. Kevinshp

Kevinshp Well-Known Member

Would you mind posting your casting order still trying to max out my swashy.

Thanks
  7. Tamorus

Tamorus Well-Known Member

8. drawthow

drawthow Active Member

I've been having good luck using Ogre bot my characters dps is double what it was with eq2bot and my healers seem much more efficient.

I m having some trouble with my Wizard, PBAO are not very effective, not casting Fusion atm. Movement needs to be enabled and get behind, to get him in position to use fusion and I find he is moving around so much the dps gains I get with fusion are lost with all the movement he makes. If someone has suggestions to help this out I would love to hear them.
  9. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

My best suggestion is to use ogrefollow. This will keep him within a certain distance of your tank (which you can change). This way he'll always be within range and never move (unless you move your tank out of range).

At some stage I do plan on making some movement restricted to while you aren't casting spells, but that isn't going to "fix" the issue of them moving if you want them to stay behind.
  10. drawthow

drawthow Active Member

Thanks Kannkor

Will give this a try. But don't know if it will help much. Fusion has a very close range (5m and a 60 degree) arch in front of the wizard
  11. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Sure. Use face mob in combat and ogrefollow. This will keep you in range and facing the target.