Discussion in 'Script Releases' started by GliderPro, Mar 18, 2008.

1. GliderPro

GliderPro Active Member

I found this state machine framework on CodeProject.com and I am experimenting with it. This example uses the single-threaded approach with all actions occurring inside the OnFrame event. That is, reportedly, the most stable way to use ISXEVE with .NET.

I've attached the source code so others can play with this. It does crash from time to time when changing skills. I don't know why yet.

This is example code only. Do not ask for support on this!

Attached Files:

2. theit8514

theit8514 Active Member

Heh, this is my first attempt at getting a dotnet to work in InnerSpace... but it doesn't seem to be functioning property...

From what I can gather (after some fiddling to implement XML, and to start "training" after finding out what to "train"), the results of skill.Level return 0, even though I have the skill it indicates...

So far it wont even activate a skill... so i guess i'll have to do some more fiddling...

-J

P.S. I've uploaded my program.rar with the modifications I made to program.cs, if anyone is interested.

edit: It appears the whole GetSkill function returns nothing... I get an empty name...
    edit2: I didn't realize that EveBot had a skill training feature embedded in it... If it would only read XML output from evemon, that would make it awsome, but since it doesn't I had to create this simple program to take evemon input and spit out a simple text file you can use for evebot. (included source & executable)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  3. tashiir

tashiir Active Member

Evemon will spit out a plain text file of the skills if you tell it thats what you want. Its how I made my training list.
  4. theit8514

theit8514 Active Member

So it does... Didn't realize that... But it would be nice since I already use the XML output for two other programs/scripts.

Edit:
    I've got the code working but I'm not at my computer at the moment (plus I haven't added any error handling yet). I'll upload this Sunday when I get back.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  5. theit8514

theit8514 Active Member

I've completed a RC1... everything seems to work... The only thing that may not work is that it probably wont work until you actually get logged in...

So, recommended that you use Launcher from evebot and include 'dotnet skillbot' in obj_LoginHandler.iss in support folder, under "case INSPACE"

I'll see if I can fix this for RC2...

-J, not at home, remote upload ftw :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  6. GliderPro

GliderPro Active Member

very cool.
  7. CrisP

CrisP Active Member

Having a problem with RC1:
    I fixed it up to be compatible with the EVEMon Dev builds, it reads the xml file (prints correct Skills/Ranks info inthe console) but afterwards the client just exits.

Is it possible to attach a debugger to it when starting it from within the IS session?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out :)

Edit2: I think I've tracked it down to s.StartTraining() in EnterSkillNotTraining. The client just closes as soon as it's called, any pointers would be greatly appreciated :)
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  8. GliderPro

GliderPro Active Member

You should be able to attach the debugger to exefile.exe once it is running. Setting breakpoints can sometimes be tricky. I just add the following code to force a breakpoint. Once I've hit one forced breakpoint I can set regular ones.

Code (Text):
    if( IsDebuggerPresent() ) DebugBreak();
  9. CrisP

CrisP Active Member

Code (Text):
                if (!System.Diagnostics.Debugger.IsAttached)
                {
                    System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Launch();
                }
    I've found the above snippet and it works fine (will launch a new VS Debugger instance with a breakpoint right at the line containing System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Launch();)