Discussion in 'Scripts' started by Isnewbie, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Isnewbie

Isnewbie Active Member

I've been using if ${Me.Effect[detrimental,"Name"] to detect detrimental effects on my guys. I'd like to get away from this especially for scripts that requires fast reaction time. Is there any other way to to detect detrimental without doing a server call?
  2. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

Yes, you would use ${Me.Effect[detrimental,#] where # is the ID of the effect. This will, of course, require that your script utilizes a database or xml file to map ID#s to anything else you'd want to know (i.e., name, etc.) Or, if you're just coding a very specific thing and want to avoid specific abilities it might just be easier to hardcode in the few IDs that you need.

But yes, the only way effect information is stored in memory without a server call does not have the name, only the ID#.
  3. Isnewbie

Isnewbie Active Member

Thanks Amadeus. I only need the IDs of a few detriments. How would I go about finding the ID# of the detriment?
  4. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

I'm not sure if there a website somewhere that provides that information. But, otherwise, you'd need to iterate through the detrimental effects and print them all out (either on screen or in a file). ISXEQ2 provides methodology for iterating through all effects.
  5. Isnewbie

Isnewbie Active Member

Edit: Oh, think I see it in your article 42, will give that a shot.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016