1. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

I'm using eq2 maps currently but is there a version from eq2ogre that can show names throughout the entire map. I do use the radar but I have to be a certain distant to the mob to track it and see it roaming on my radar.
  2. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

I assume you are referring to my radar set up from the stream?
    If so, that's just radar, and make it full screen. It still has the same limitations, where it can only see mobs from a certain distance away. This is because the server only sends you information about named within a certain distance to yourself.

If that's not what you mean, can you be more specific? If you seen it some where, link it.
  3. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

In that case then that answer my question. Did not know about eq2 servers doing that. Just maybe thought there is a way to track names through out the whole zone instead of being a certain distance.
  4. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Generally speaking it is a certain distance, however, in some scenarios (based on some eq2 server setting), data for specific mobs is sent for the entire zone.
    For example, in raid zones in this expansion, up until a couple of months ago, all named data was sent to the client, regardless of how far away you were. You could sit at zone in, and see which named were up, even thousands of units away. Then, (I believe in an effort to reduce latency), this changed, and you have to be "near" them (I want to say something like 150 units, give or take).

In short, radar/isxeq2 will give you all the data it has, but the servers dictate how much data the client has.