Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by popo, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popo

popo Active Member

Long story short...I had to re-install Win 7. (I haven't been able to Patch for a couple weeks, but I did today)

I get the mis-match message when logging into EQ2 via Innerspace / ISX. (which i was expecting)
    Says to go to http://www.isxgames.com/isxeq2/exe/EverQuest2.exe.zip

when I go to link I get a 404 message.

Worth noting: when i re-installed Win 7, I did not re-install all my Innerspace / ISX stuff...I had it on a different HD. I'm wondering if Win 7 install broke something and should I just re-install everything.....I hope not! In the past, downloading the .exe was the cure all.

thanks for help!
  2. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

The version of EverQuest2.exe that's currently being patched (i.e., that the launcher downloads) is the version of EverQuest2.exe that you need.

The error message should say that you need the EverQuest2.exe from July 16, 2013. If not, then it means that your ISXEQ2 isn't updating properly.

Did you install InnerSpace and install ISXEQ2 from the actual installers (i.e., not just copy them over?)
  3. popo

popo Active Member

everything was copied over. And the mis-match message said July 2nd I think....Definitely not 16th. Ok, I will start the installs from scratch....wish me luck!
  4. blackx

blackx Member

5. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

The link will remain dead until such time as the required EverQuest2.exe for ISXEQ2 does not match the one that SOE is providing via the EQ2 patcher.

Providing a duplicate EverQuest2.exe on my server is just a waste of bandwidth. If you're getting an error now it's because you don't have the lSXEQ2.dll ....which shouldn't be happening since it should patch automatically for you.
  6. viniculum8

viniculum8 Active Member

Was out of town during GU. I patched this morning only to have realized, they patched today. I went to get the correct exe and also am getting the 404. How can I snag the correct one?

Thanks
  7. macker0407

macker0407 Active Member

Today was a forced patch, there is no correct .exe.
  8. pinkyluv420

pinkyluv420 Member

Still no correct .exe? The blue screen tells me I need the one from 7/24 (which doesn't match the one I updated today) and there's still the 404 message @ the .exe link.
  9. Eyedea

Eyedea Active Member

Its a forced patch day, you're getting the blue screen and the 7/24 because Amadeus still needs to update the file from the patch this morning. So there is no reason for you to be downloading the exe, hence why you are getting the 404 message.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.