Discussion in 'OgreBot' started by Aquaplex2050, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Aquaplex2050

Aquaplex2050 Member

Will there be ogrebot scripting for the guk heroic instances?
  2. Pork

Pork Member

Might be worth Listing What mobs you would like Coding and what said mobs do in the encounter

also he is away till early next week
  3. Aquaplex2050

Aquaplex2050 Member

I haven't stepped a foot in the heroic guk myself yet, but i'm sure the fights are not tank and spank, from what i could see on the wiki for the original guk zones. Thanks for the info Pork.
  4. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

Guk 1 and 2 are tank and spank basically. 3 Requires a little bit more, and 4 has a couple of jousty style mobs.

The only real 'scripting' I could imagine would perhaps be a DPS character using the Chaos Spark on the 3rd or 4th named in Guk 3 to keep it doing damage. Maybe a joust on the 2nd named in Guk 4 to joust between 2 spots.
  5. Zplayer

Zplayer Member

Does the strats pretty much align to the original versions of Guk? I looked up the old level 80 Guk 3 and it does mention the need for sparks for the 3rd and 4th named.
  6. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

Yep it does.
  7. pelly

pelly Active Member

I just got around to doing Fabled Guk yesterday. Probably dumb question, but how to do get past the baleful glimmers above the pool? There seems to be 10+ of them doing 75 million dps each. Tank dies in <1 sec. I'm sure I'm missing something.
  8. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

Pull with temps up, kill one ASAP. Having 10+ mobs = 100% Bleedthrough.

As soon as below 10, its a lot more manageable.
  9. litewave

litewave Well-Known Member

for the glimmers, crowd control (ie mezz), arcane wards if ya can (ward potion a option if you don't) , group death save if you got it and porcupines (or other mit increase) and burn em down fast one at a time. (singular focus not really needed but might help if doing full/true cc.)

now the last name i am still trying to figure out as its not a tank n spank unless maybe you're full raid geared rather than group gear(no mystic/defiler here, may be a requirement with the grrr stifles to buy time). Disease damage seems to be the largest damage source and not sure if white adorns for resists would come even close to a amount to be useful? not sure a nox ward pot would help other than initially.
  10. Godelpus

Godelpus New Member

Berserker adrenaline works to burn down an add or 2 depending on your group dps in normal and expert modes. In frenzied you have to burn 5 adds to remove Guk Strong which for most groups is not likely. I don't play other tanks so don't know if they have similar arts to adrenaline.

The glimmers are all avoidable however, but very easy to fat-arse, so if you can't kill them or mezz them:

First group around pool - clear all frogs and kill fungoid named. Drop a toon from group and harvest the clicky. Run group into pool to aggro the glimmers and use the dropped toon to click the pedastel. This opens the gate to next area.
    Second group - kill frogs around pool; glimmers tend to wander from side to side. Watch for them to congregate on one side then run group around the other edge using ogre follow. Pull named into the far right hand corner and burn. Don't forget to pick up the statue to open next gate.
    Third group on the spiral - there are safe spots on the spiral ramp where the frogs can be killed without aggro-ing the glimmers, first one is behind the brazier at the bottom. Campspot in the safe area and bodypull frogs back to group. Be careful near the top as you can agro Molinap when below him

Final named:
    Seems to be more luck than judegment due to the noxious aoe with stifle and power drain. Finally killed it in expert mode last night, but healer was not interupted on the pre-cures (need to check if this was a ninja change or just sheer luck), nor did the tank get ported. Stun/stifle immunity from spells and adorns didn't work on previous runs and healer was interupted on 75% of aoe's usually resulting in a wipe..
    Zplayer likes this.
  11. larrydoyle

larrydoyle Senior Member

Final named:
    Seems to be more luck than judegment due to the noxious aoe with stifle and power drain. Finally killed it in expert mode last night, but healer was not interupted on the pre-cures (need to check if this was a ninja change or just sheer luck), nor did the tank get ported. Stun/stifle immunity from spells and adorns didn't work on previous runs and healer was interupted on 75% of aoe's usually resulting in a wipe..

Congrats on killing it. I've not even come close. Can't seem to stop the ports, nor the extreme drain from the nox dot. My tank always seems to get ported at some point which is a wipe. Has anyone else figured out a strat that makes this reasonably doable? The only reason I want to clear these zones is to get access to the raid zone.