Face direction, But what about Z?

Tearlow

So, I've been writing a few scripts to aid me while Multiboxing (Not to be confused with Botting). What I've come across lately for my Follow object script is limitation while flying/swiming- The main cause is that I cannot find a way to face something using Z axis (Looking up or down). Is this something that can be implemented or did I miss something out?

What I normally do is while flying/swiming I turn off following and broadcast movement instead but would be nice with a proper solution.

Might there be someone out there with more insight into this?

pr517

In your loop that does the face-target and push-forward, can you not just add something else that, if currently flying/swimming, does fly/swim up/down when the Y coordinate is outside of a range? I've never figured out how to manipulate the camera in all dimensions, and gave up when I realized it is unnecessary.

Tearlow

In your loop that does the face-target and push-forward, can you not just add something else that, if currently flying/swimming, does fly/swim up/down when the Y coordinate is outside of a range? I've never figured out how to manipulate the camera in all dimensions, and gave up when I realized it is unnecessary.
You say it's unnecessary? May I ask how you solved it in that case? Or do you simply do it the way I did it, deactivate and manually broadcast it?

The only way I see it possible is setting up VGBindings for Camera-up/down in the loop but since I cannot tell exactly how much to tilt it it's next to impossible controlling it fully. As I said in the first post though- This is not something I require but adding Z axis to Face would be perfect (As it would be optional and still run via X/Y axis).

pr517

In EQ2 you can press Home or End to move the character up or down in either water or sky. So if the character is, say, 2 meters higher than the one being followed, it presses End, etc. Is their something equivalent in VG? If not can you rotate the camera's Y-axis (up and down) with a key press? You could measure acceleration to simulate the same thing.

Yes, if Face allowed three dimensions it would be much easier.

Tearlow

Pardon the delay, Did not mean to postpone this. And I have to admit, that is a great idea! Granted- It's a bit extra work but should yield the result I'm looking for :)

Would you mayhap have such a function written already by chance? If nothing else it sounds something like this.

*Removed snippet as I started working on something instead.* And here is what I conjured up. Sadly, For whatever reason it would seem the character will sometimes go haywire and run the opposite direction- Looks to me like the script is trying to face the defensive target but later centerview going the same direction as the camera. So I though, Eh. I'll just set Snap camera to be on but didn't really solve anything... Maybe I'am going abouts this the wrong way though? Sadly, I've not found any related keys via XML or such for "MoveUp" as such in EQ2.

Anyway... I've come up with some other alternatives for this function but they all suffer the same problem... Camera direction... Or at least so I think...

Either way, heres what I got thus far...

Code:
    variable int _lookdist = 500    
    if ${Me.DTarget.ID}
    {
        if !(${Math.Distance[${Me.Z},${Me.DTarget.Z}]} <= ${_lookdist})
        {
            if (${Me.Z} >= ${Me.DTarget.Z})
            {
                 ;echo "Moving down."
                VG:ExecBinding[LookDown]
                waitframe
                VG:ExecBinding[LookDown,release]
            }
            if (${Me.Z} <= ${Me.DTarget.Z})
            {
                 ;echo "Moving up."
                VG:ExecBinding[LookUp]
                waitframe
                VG:ExecBinding[LookUp,release]
            }
        }
        else
        {
            ;echo ${Math.Distance[${Me.Z},${Me.DTarget.Z}]}
            ;Face ${Me.DTarget}
            VG:ExecBinding[CenterView]
            waitframe
            VG:ExecBinding[CenterView,release]
        }
    }

pr517

Are you moving by pressing and holding a forward movement key or by toggling an auto-run? Don't use auto run to move a character. Just press and hold Up or W or whatever it is in VG.

Tearlow

You are indeed correct that I'm using Bindings to move forward. Autorun I've tested but isn't reliable at all *Chuckles* Still having the same problem sadly. I've not messed too much abouts with it but I'm pretty much all out of ideas...

Last edited:
Top Bottom