Group Mode for the Miner

jb69

Hi All.

New to the forums but an old school developer. I have made some modifications to the evebot miner script to add an option for mining as a group. In lower sec systems it means you can deliver a bigger punch to the NPC rats.

The behaviour is very similar in function to the Orca delivery mode. At the moment you have to be in a fleet but I may have a look to see if this can be optional. There are two new check boxes added to the miner tab (Group Mode, Group Master). You can just check each instance and the bots will vote amongst themselves who will be the Master or anchor point for the group. If you want to have one particular bot be the master then check Group Master for that instance in place of Group Mode.

This should work for all delivery methods other than Orca as the script excludes that as a unique behaviour. Your miners should spread out over the belt a bit more than in the Orca mode grouping. All of the existing behaviours are unchanged such as avoiding other players etc.

the attached patch file was taken from the Stable branch, enjoy and let me know what you think or any improvements

Cheers

Attachments

CyberTech

Second-in-Command
Staff member
Hi All.

New to the forums but an old school developer. I have made some modifications to the evebot miner script to add an option for mining as a group. In lower sec systems it means you can deliver a bigger punch to the NPC rats.

The behaviour is very similar in function to the Orca delivery mode. At the moment you have to be in a fleet but I may have a look to see if this can be optional. There are two new check boxes added to the miner tab (Group Mode, Group Master). You can just check each instance and the bots will vote amongst themselves who will be the Master or anchor point for the group. If you want to have one particular bot be the master then check Group Master for that instance in place of Group Mode.

This should work for all delivery methods other than Orca as the script excludes that as a unique behaviour. Your miners should spread out over the belt a bit more than in the Orca mode grouping. All of the existing behaviours are unchanged such as avoiding other players etc.

the attached patch file was taken from the Stable branch, enjoy and let me know what you think or any improvements

Cheers
I'm tickled pink you provided a patch and I didn't have to diff it myself :) Looks good.

Revision: 2767
Author: CyberTech
Date: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 3:32:24 PM
Group Mining Mode, from jb69, submitted at http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php/5974-Group-Mode-for-the-Miner

----
Modified : /branches/stable/Behaviors/obj_Miner.iss
Modified : /branches/stable/core/obj_Configuration.iss
Modified : /branches/stable/interface/evebotgui.xml

jb69

Thanks CyberTech I use SVN all day so am sort of used to it.

Here is a little update.

You can now group miners together without a fleet. The group master now broadcasts the Belt ID he is mining in. when group members warp to the group master they will check to see if the master is in a fleet. If the master is not in fleet they will warp to the broadcast Belt and begin mining.

I had to alter the social core file, I have added a new method NonWhiteListPlayerInRange. This allows your group to mine together so long as they are on the whitelist, otherwise you will get an interesting dance of miners coming together and then running away as soon as they see each other.

Cheers

Attachments

Top Bottom