Discussion in 'EVEBot' started by Molten, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Molten

Molten Active Member

I have yet to get this to function properly:

First problem I had was that the hauler would not return to base with the ore if I used a safe-spot - it would simply warp back and forth between the miners and the safe-spot.

Then I tried using my station as safe-spot, which obviously meant that the hauler kept docking and undocking, however initial test showed that it actually docked and dropped the ice off, however now it doesn't want to pick up the ice ie. it simply can't find the jetcan it seems.

Last try was to ditch the safe-spot completely, which resulted in the hauler warping to the jetcan when asked to however after picking up the ice it just sits there, while spamming not being able to find a safe-spot.

Main problem as far as I see is that I can't get the hauler to realise that its cargohold is full - it never says; "Cargohold threshold.... blahblahetc.".

Any ideas ie. like a script that allows me to tell the hauler at what m3 the hauler should dock and unload?
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  2. Hinge

Hinge Active Member

I've had the same behavior.

Not sure why there isn't a hauler cargo limit that works with the odd sized ice balls.

Wish i was better at programming. Last time i touched code it was in pascal.

Some other odd behavior i see with hauling ice is that in 0.0 it does seem to work (sort of) but wont deposit the material into my corp hanger. I'm sure it's my config but have yet to isolate the issue.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  3. Molten

Molten Active Member

Gonna be a bit cheeky here - but a response from the creators would be nice. In the end we're paying for this, so some sort of response would not be too much to ask.
  4. Sadoru

Sadoru Active Member

You are not paying for a bot, especially EVEBot. You are paying Amadeus for isxEVE which lets you interface with EVE datatypes and functions.
    If you have questions concerning the bot, your best bet is to get on IRC and ask CyberTech or Gliderpro directly. Remember, they are coding in their spare time, so be nice!
  5. Molten

Molten Active Member

Already tried IRC. No response the last few times I tried - furthermore I know any new thread gets announced on IRC, so I'd be surprised if they didn't know about this one.

It's no biggie really - I'll just continue letting my miners go back and forth. Would be nice if I could use the hauler for that tho ;)
  6. gair

gair Active Member

Molten,

I haven't tried hauling Ice yet, so I haven't experienced the issue you've had. With that said, I do remember seeing this post:
    http://eve.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2306
    which mentions setting your "cargo threshold to 1 less than your capacity". That seemed to work for "MINING", so maybe it will work for the Hauler too.
  7. Molten

Molten Active Member

That threshold does not affect the Hauler sadly, so no go on that idea ;)
  8. Hinge

Hinge Active Member

Yeah i've never gotten that option to work on the hauler either.