Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Amadeus, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

Since the implementation of the new launchpad, I have noticed that 90% of the problems that users are reporting have to do with the fact that they have two (or more installations) of EverQuest2 on their computer. In many cases, the launchpad is updating one directory, but Innerspace is launching from another directory.

To fix this, be sure that YOU know exactly where your EverQuest2 directory is located. This is easy to determine:
    1. Open the EverQuest 2 launchpad
    2. Click on the "Advanced Tools" icon (lower left corner above the progress bar.)
    3. Click on "Open Game Directory"

At that point, window explorer will tell you where your EverQuest 2 directory is located. Please note that this is where you will place the EverQuest2.exe file when/if prompted by ISXEQ2 in the future.

Now, you want to check what InnerSpace is doing:
    1. Right click on the Innerspace icon in your system tray
    2. Choose "Configuration"
    3. Click on the "Game Configuration" tab
    4. Choose the Game that you're launching (typically it's "EverQuest 2")
    5. At the bottom of the next screen, choose the profile that you choose when launching EverQuest2 (often "EverQuest2 Default Profile")
    6. Look in the "Main Executable Path" and make sure that it matches what you discovered earlier. It needs to match the same directory that your launchpad is updating.
    7. Also, look at the "Main Executable Filename" field and make sure that it says "EverQuest2.exe"

Once you do that be sure to click on the "Apply" button. Then, you can close everything down and launch EverQuest 2.
  2. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

Another pro tip:

If you want to reinstall (or feel that you should, for whatever reason) use THIS installer: http://launch.soe.com/installer/EQ2_Full_setup.exe

Personally, I just ran that installer and selected my current EverQuest 2 directory. It just updated the launchpad, but didn't require me to download all of the files again.

In other words, that is the setup file that you should be using. If you're updating from an old installation of EverQuest 2, then just use that setup file and select your current EQ2 directory for it to install into.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.