Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Amadeus, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

Beginning soon, ISXEQ2 will be moving to a subscription based service. What this means is that, like now, ISXEQ2 will be free to download and install on your computer; however, you will be required to buy an ISXEQ2 Subscription in order to use it.

Please note that most questions are answered in the installation/setup walk-through that I have created. Users are encouraged to follow through and read everything carefully before asking additional questions.

1. How much will an ISXEQ2 subscription cost?
    An ISXEQ2 subscription will be $12.00 every three months.

2. Is there a trial period?
    No. *However, ISXEQ2 does have a money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with ISXEQ2 within the first 5 days of purchase, simply email Amadeusand your payment will be refunded in full. *As long as it is within 5 days of purchase, there will be no questions asked as to why you wish to cancel your subscription and receive a refund.*

3. How is money being handled?
    Everything related to money is being handled by paypal.com. I will never see your financial information and I'm very happy about that.

4. How do I cancel my subscription?
    Subscriptions are easy to cancel. CLICK HERE for a detailed walkthrough.

5. How do I reactivate my account if it goes inactive, or if I cancelled it at some point?
    If, for any reason, your ISXEQ2 subscription is not 'active', simply log in at http://auth.isxgames.com/amember/member.php to renew.

6. If a subscription failed, how do I reset my account to 'active'?
    First, go to paypal.com and cancel your subscription entirely (so the database is set properly.) Then, fix your financial situation on paypal. Finally, follow the instructions given in #4 above.

7. How many computers can I use with a single subscription?
    You can use three different computers with a single ISXEQ2 subscription within a 24 hour period. (IP Addresses are irrelevant.) If you wish to use ISXEQ2 for more that three computers, you can buy a second ISXEQ2 Subscription by clicking here. If you need more than six connections, please email Amadeus directly at amadeusmq@yahoo.com.

8. What does my subscription grant me?
    An ISXEQ2 subscription grants you two things and two things only: access to the features available on the current version of ISXEQ2 for up to three different computers within a 24 hour time period, and free downloads of new versions of ISXEQ2 as they become available.

9. Will the cost of having an ISXEQ2 subscription ever increase?
    It might; however, as long as your subscription is active, it is locked in price. In other words, if you have an active subscription and the cost of an ISXEQ2 subscription increases, your cost will not change.

10. What if the cost of an ISXEQ2 subscription decreases?
    If the cost of an ISXEQ2 subscription decreases, then all you would need to do cancel your current subscription and then resubscribe using the new rate.

11. How do I update and/or change the settings on my ISXEQ2 subscription?
    Honestly, the only thing that can be done with an ISXEQ2 subscription would be to change/update the funding source used by paypal when it makes your monthly payment. CLICK HERE for a detailed walk-through and explanation.

12. Can you change/modify my subscription?
    The only thing I have control over is the subscription database. That dabase contains your ISXEQ2 Subscription password (encrpyted) and your user name. So, the only things I could do is change your password or simply remove you from the database. I CANNOT modify anything that is occurring with paypal.com, that includes:
    - I cannot change how much you pay per month.
    - I cannot resubscribe you.
    This is the beauty with using paypal. You are 100% safe and I am 100% free from responsibility. I do not have access to any of your personal/financial information, and I'm very happy about that.

13. Why do I have to pay for an ISXEQ2 subscription? I already subscribe to InnerSpace...
    Why do you have to pay for EverQuest 2 after you've already paid for Windows? The reasoning is the same in this instance: InnerSpace is the platform (ie, the 'operating system') and ISXEQ2 is the product ('software').

14. I can't afford to pay for a subscription, can I get ISXEQ2 for free?
    $3.50 is a pittance in today's economy. It's less than half of a ticket to a new release movie, it's less than a martini at your local bar, hell ...it's even less than most of the McDonald's "value" meals nowadays. If you can't afford it, then you probably shouldn't be playing video games in the first place...

15. I don't have a paypal account, can I use another method to pay?
    No. A paypal account is required. I'm sure if you try hard enough, you can get one (or at least, get access to one.)

16. Can I offer services or goods in trade versus the monthly payment?
    I suppose you can email me if you want to propose something. However, unless it's something pretty cool I'll probably not be interested. With limited time, I just can't be dealing with a lot of exceptions going on simultaneously. Paypal subscriptions are easy and clean. But, if you feel you have something truly unique to offer, feel free to email and I'll consider it. Just don't be offended if you don't get a response.

17. Now that I'm paying a subscription should I expect more support and faster releases than previously?
    Read number 8 above again. It's worded very carefully to indicate exactly what you can expect from your subscription.

18. The popup "tool" that sets my authentication information for ISXEQ2 isn't working, how do I set that information manually?
    I have created a walk-through for entering your authentication information manually if the isxGamesUtility application does not function properly (for whatever reason) on your computer. CLICK HERE to access that walk-through.

This should only be used if the primary method fails. The easiest/best way to set your information is to simply load the extension (after the subscription system goes live) and a window will pop up asking you to enter the information. Then it will save it for you, and you'll never have to worry about it again.
  2. Amadeus

Please feel free to post questions on this thread. Be concise and professional.

The following are not allowed:
    1. "Why" questions
    2. Discussion/Comments/Suggestions

If you feel you have commentary that you wish to share, feel free to email it to amadeusmq@yahoo.com. I may or may not respond.

----
    EDIT: You may want to also view THIS THREAD. There were a few questions asked in the ISXVG Subscription Service thread that I answered and most of them will apply to this service as well.
  3. Amadeus

If you cancel your subscription within the first five days (the trial period), your subscription ends at the conclusion of the trial period.

There will be consequences for those that abuse the trial period.
  4. Amadeus

Also, just to preempt issue in the future, I would like to bring everyone's attention especially to #8 in the original posting on this thread.

In particular, the part that reads "... as they become available."

I always release as quickly as possible; however, there are some times when it takes me a day or two (because of having a busy schedule or else because of a very nasty patch) to release a new version. Moreover, there may be times during the year when I'm out-of-town for a couple of days. So, keep this in mind. Your subcription does not grant you 30 days of usage per month. It grants you the updates when they're available and the access to load and run the extension -- that's all.
  5. alphazero

alphazero Active Member

Just wondering, there was a quick update today, and i have been buzy over in vanguard, i just recently came back to eq2. My files were obviously out of date, so i did an ext isxeq2 to run the update, but it just crashed. Does that mean that the subscription is going on as of this point foward? Or did i just try this again at the wrong time?

This has nothing to do with the subscription service. If you're crashing, then it probably means the EverQuest2.exe does not match the one that isxeq2 expects, or else something entirely different is a problem. You should be posting on the bug reports forum with the information that is requested there.
  6. leery

leery Well-Known Member

Ama-

Love the product and will be glad to pay for your hardwork.

Quick question: I have a laptop that connects to my wireless when I am at home. When I am on the go, I have a "broadband" wireless card that I use to connect to the internet.

I tried to load ISXEQ2 this morning, however, it gave me an error message (in the blue chat box) that said I have an invalid MAC address of a bunch of zeroes, then it unloaded itself.

Will this go away, or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks.

EDIT: Will do : ) I will log into IRC later tonight.

Can you come to the IRC channel and talk to Cybertech about this? If it's unfixable I'll create a workaround; however, your NIC should not be reporting all zeroes, even if it is wireless (as far as I understand it.) I'll also check my code when I get home to make sure it's doing what it should.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  7. Adambc72

Adambc72 Active Member

Can we just pay 42.00 for a year? or would you rather have the 3.50 a month?

I do it monthly because if, for some odd reason or unforeseen tragedy, I was unable to continue making isxeq2 I wouldn't be required to issue refunds.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  8. Canadian_Cowgirl

Canadian_Cowgirl Active Member

Edited By Amadeus:
    This thread is for questions only. As stated before, email is where comments should be directed.
  9. ironape2

ironape2 Active Member

Possible problem with IP address.

Ama.

I just moved recently and I am no longer able to access isxeq2 from my Girlfriends house. Is this a problem with the 3 IP limit for each isxeq2 account possibly? I use two of the IP's at my current address and they work fine. Please let me know if there is anything that I might be abale to do to fix the issue.

Thanks

----
    ANSWER:

Anything related to a subscription not working (especially if the console gives you a reason) should be addressed in email (my email is amadeusmq@yahoo.com). The limit might be causing you problems if you've just moved/etc; however, I wouldn't be able to check without having your email address.
  10. Isnewbie

Isnewbie Active Member

Is isxeq2 still limited to 3 computers per sub? I'm adding a 4th computer and I tried clicking on the link in the faq to purchase a second subscription but it gave me a dead link.

Don't suppose out of the kindness of your heart you could increase the limit to 5 like innerspace and Ogre?
  11. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

From this page:
    https://www.isxgames.com/isxeq2/Acquisition_Step3.html
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  12. Amadeus

Additional subscriptions are available by logging in at https://www.isxgames.com/amember/login.php

My current system for checking for number of computers using a single account does provide some leniency. Go ahead and try with 4 first before creating a subscription.
  13. Isnewbie

Isnewbie Active Member

Thanks. Will stop necroing in the future.