1. dew1960

dew1960 Well-Known Member

Hello!

I installed Innerspace, then I installed isxeve. I followed the directions with the configuration but it would not work. I read in the forum about isxeve crashes so I checked and then downloaded the updated isxeve.dll with a date later than the eve.exe file and put it in my extensions directory but it still does not work.

I read some more on the forums and removed the Load ISXEVE from the configuration and eve starts up now (It was stuck and not responding before)

I hit the ~ key and typed in ext isxeve and the window freezes up again. I have not seen any recent posts of anyone with similar problems in the forums.

Does anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong? I tried uninstalling isxeve and inner space and reinstalled and re-downloaded the updated isxeve.dll and put it in the scripts folder and the client still locks up when I try to use ext isxeve in the console.

I am using Windows 7 64 home premium if that makes any difference. I really want this to work but I only have 5 days to request a refund if it doesn't.

Please advise me how to fix it if you can or what info I can provide to help.

Thank you for your support.
  2. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

3. dew1960

Hello! Yes, I tried to let it go for like 5 minutes but it was still frozen. The only way to unfreeze it was to end task in task manager.

I followed the steps to take ownership but that did not help either. I have UAC turned off and I temporarily disabled the firewall to make sure that was not an issue, still no luck.

I followed the steps to manually enter my subscription information but there is no isxeve.xml file in the extensions folder. The only xml file I have is called isxevepopup.xml Do I need to edit this one instead?
  4. Amadeus

No, create an ISXEVE.xml file and make it look like the one on that FAQ page.
  5. dew1960

OK, I created the isxeve.xml exactly like the one on the FAQ page (except I used my ID and password of course)

My Eve client still locks up when I open the console and enter ext isxeve

Thank you much for your patience and support. What would be the next thing to check? I am still stuck. :(
  6. Amadeus

Are you up-to-date with the very latest Windows Updates?

Can you access https://www.isxgames.com/ with INTERNET EXPLORER?

In the console try typing dotnet ISXEVEUtility isxGamesUtility AuthInfo ISXEVE and tell me what happens.
  7. dew1960

OK, now I am getting somewhere. It popped up the window and I put in my ID and password and it saved it and gave a message that the application was done, so I clicked close and typed in ext isxeve. Again the window popped up for the ID and PW and I entered it again and it saved it again and I closed the window again.

Once more I typed in ext isxeve and this time the console displayed:

Invalid Extension Version. Inner space is using ISXDK v32, and this extension was built with a different version.
    Extension 'isxeve' could not be loaded.

So, what do I do now? Again, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
  8. Amadeus

Then somehow you did not install ISXEVE through the links on the website ...or, your innerspace is old ..one or the other.

Download http://www.isxgames.com/isxeve/Extensions/ISXEVE.dll and place it in your /innerspace/Extensions folder. (Also, be sure that you only have one version of innerspace installed on your computer.)

Also, open up the innerspace patcher and make sure that it's set to update you to the latest version.
  9. dew1960

OK, now I am back to the client locking up after downloading that file again and the patcher has nothing new to download. It shows me at Inner Space Version 1.11

I thought I was almost there too!

*edit* Would it help If I download Windows SDK and run the debugger?
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  10. Amadeus

What's the build number after that?

If you're using the ISXEVE.dll from that link, and the latest version of innerspace, and you're using the latest updates from Windows Updates....then, I have nothing else to suggest.

You're the only person that is reporting this issue. Maybe try it on a different computer and see if you can figure out why it's causing a problem on this one. Or, try using ExeFile.exe for launching EVE through innerspace instead of EVE.exe.
  11. dew1960

I show the build is 5460

Windows is up to date

I only have this one computer.

I don't see a file called ExeFile.exe in Innerspace or in my Eve Folder. There is an Eve.exe (safemode) shortcut in the Eve folder.

Thanks for trying to help me.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  12. dew1960

I think I got it now! I found the ExeFile.exe in the Bin folder and put that in for the executable instead of eve.exe and I think it is working now. I am going to re-subscribe and then I think I will be good. Whew!

Thanks for your support and patience. I really appreciate it!

SWEET! That finally did it. I don't know for sure why I was having a problem before but I did go into windows and tweaked it a bit for performance. The power options had me using only about 1/2 my CPU. I am also not using the cleartype borders and stuff now.
    I am up and running finally. Thanks again, I really do appreciate your help with the troubleshooting! Oh, I also disabled remote assitance but don't know if that had any effect. The weird thing was that I kept getting (not responding) messages flashing or blinking in the title frames of some windows. I caused me a lot of problems playing WoW too. That seems to be gone now as well, perhaps the issues were somehow related but all I care about is that I can use isxeve now!

Thank you thank you thank you!
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011