Discussion in 'Script Releases' started by Amadeus, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

The original authors of Kbot (Kram, Xeon, etc.) are no longer playing Vanguard and are MIA. Therefore, I have moved the kbot files to the official ISXVG script repository and I will do my best to "maintain" them. In other words, the goal will be to keep them running as they were originally designed. So, please do not expect any future features or massive overhauls of kbot in the future (unless someone else comes along to take over development of it!)

For First-Time Install:
    1. Download Tortoise SVN from the internet at http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads[/URL]. Then, install it and reboot your computer. Reboot, and all of that jazz.
    2. Download the attached ZIP file (on this thread) and extract the contents to your /innerspace/Scripts folder. (After extraction, you should have a folder at /innerspace/Scripts/kbot with all of your files and directories within it.)
    3. The new directory that was extracted (/innerspace/Scripts/kbot) should have an "SVN" icon in it (if you properly installed Tortoise SVN). Now, right click on that directory and choose "SVN Update" to update all of your files. You should update this directory at least once every couple weeks to stay up-to-date with your files. New Zip files will not be released in the future -- ALL updates will be done via SVN!
    4. Now, once you're in-game and ISXVG is loaded, simply type run kbot in the console or /run kbot in the chat window to start the script.
    5. Read the remainder of THIS thread for additional information from myself or script authors.
    6. Read the entire 'kbot' DISCUSSION thread, found here: http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3101 You can ask questions and/or make comments and suggestions there.
    To Update A Previous Installation of kbot:

1. Verify that Tortoise SVN is loaded on your computer. If not, read #1 above under "First time Install" for more information.
    2. Go to your /innerspace/Scripts directory and delete this file, if it exists: kbot.iss
    3. Download the attached ZIP file (on this thread) and extract the contents to your /innerspace/Scripts folder. Overwrite any files/directories that may already exist on your computer.
    4. The directory /innerspace/Scripts/kbot should have an "SVN" icon in it (if you properly installed Tortoise SVN). Now, right click on that directory and choose "SVN Update" to update all of your files. You should update this directory at least once every couple weeks to stay up-to-date with your files. New Zip files will not be released in the future -- ALL updates will be done via SVN!
    5. Move the files located in /innerspace/Scripts/save TO /innerspace/Scripts/kbot/save.
    6. Move the files located in /innerspace/Scripts/Common/vgpaths to /innerspace/Scripts/kbot/Common/vgpaths
    7. Now, once you're in-game and ISXVG is loaded, simply type run kbot in the console or /run kbot in the chat window to start the script.
    8. Read the remainder of THIS thread for additional information from myself or script authors.
    9. Read the entire 'kbot' DISCUSSION thread, found here: http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3101 You can ask questions and/or make comments and suggestions there.
    10. OPTIONAL: You can now delete the following subdirectories that previously would have existed in your /innerspace/Scripts directory: Common, Configs, save, sounds, XML. (My assumption is that these directories were not used in any other scripts; however, you may want to make a backup just in case. )
    ** Please note that you should only have to do this once. The "SVN Update" will keep you completely up-to-date from this point forward. The attached zip file will never be changed or altered (unless we have to change SVN servers at some point in the future.)

Attached Files:

• kbot.zip
      File size:
      612.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Amadeus

February 3, 2009
    Please note that I did make some general adjustments/fixes from the previous version that was posted here on the forums. So, everyone really should update to this version ASAP.
  3. Amadeus

August 9, 2013
    * Updated the kbot.zip to reflect the new svn location (svn.isxgames.com). It was also updated to use Tortoise SVN 1.8.

If you currently have EQ2Bot installed on your computer, you will need to "relocate" the repository. To do this, go to your /innerspace/scripts folder and find two folders:
    - kbot
    Follow these instructions for EACH of the above folder(s):

1. Right click and choose "TortoiseSVN->Relocate"
    2. Replace www.isxgames.com with svn.isxgames.com
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.