Discussion in 'OgreBot' started by Akillles, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Akillles

Akillles Member

Hello guys,

I was wondering if someone would be so kind to post screen shots of there Illy and Assassin toons with all the tabs they have filled out for the classes of Illusionist and Assassin. I am having a hard time to get max dps from these toons and really would like to see some other's setups. Any help would be awesome, Thank you in adavance all you great folks in this community.
  2. canoppener

canoppener Active Member

I feel like my illuisionist does okay ish. I'll post some when I get home tonight and have time.

I haven't really worked on my Assassin though, waiting for Kannkor to do some coding for it to work with Concealment and PFT :)
  3. Akillles

Akillles Member

Thank you so much looking forward to seeing them.
  4. canoppener

canoppener Active Member

These are all also in the Wiki. I'm not an expert on Illusionist, so someone might have a setup that does more. It will also depend on gear and aa's and stuff.

I don't cast the 2 group buffs generally, I use synergism on more people because of the crit bonus from red adorn on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I use Doppleganger on the tank, you can also put one in for the healer if you want.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Akillles

Akillles Member

TY ty ty how much dps are u getting from you illy with this setup and also what is your grp setup? I will definatly set this one up and give it a go. Again ty very much for sharing :)
  6. canoppener

canoppener Active Member

I honestly can't say, because I've been leveling another character on that account lately :eek:. Solo against an epic dummy it holds 8.5k which is okay I guess.

It's gear is really mixed. A couple T3, then some mastercrafted. Doesn't have all the red adorns.
  7. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

It's almost impossible to gauge DPS from someone elses toon. I can grab a spell order (or profile) and do 30-40k with it. I can load it on another toon of the same class, and do 6k. Gear makes all the difference in the world, along with group setup.

I'm not saying don't ask what others are doing to get an idea, but don't be surprised if a fully mastered crafted toon is doing 10-25% of the damage a Raid T3 toon is doing with the same order.
  8. Akillles

Akillles Member

Kannkor hurry up with that assassin cast order and tab set-up ;p. And yes all i want to know is something to compare it to. I think i must be setting my illy up wrong or something because i put in my cast order i use in raids and im not getting near the raid DPS i get and of course i dont expect to get that kind of dps on a bot but 30-50% should be doable :) Im new to the program and im reading all i can so i must be missing something with tab setups. I am going to try this set-up that was so kindly posted for me today when i get home from work and thx again canoppener for sharing it im looking forward to seeing it run in action :)
  9. canoppener

canoppener Active Member

Illusionists are a good example of class that you really have to be careful about putting too much stuff on the buff tab. They have so many buffs that are on a fairly short recast that it will spend too much time casting temp buffs and not enough time dps'ing. This is why I put Illuminate and Flash of Brilliance on the CA tab down a ways. This way it will still use them, but it won't cast them when there are decent dps spells to cast.
  10. Kevinshp

Kevinshp Well-Known Member

This is so true My swashy was doing 8 to 15 k wearing tso t4 gear just got his t3 gear and red adorns jewlery etc. Now hes doing 15 to 33k still f'n with casting order I never really played him much on my own so I don't know the class real well. My now healers have their t3 as well and now when I go do cella I just charge the first named and kill him and all the adds I have cella down to about 25 to 34 min zone to poping the shard chest.

If someone plays a swashy and has perfected a casting setup I would love to see it.
  11. canoppener

canoppener Active Member

The thing about casting orders, is they aren't necessarily always the same. That is what is hardest to emulate with a bot. If the mob is going to die in 5 seconds you wouldn't want to cast the buffs/debuffs that you might cast if the mob is going to live for 2 minutes. Some of this is remedied by the Named CA tab though.
  12. pz

pz Active Member

need a NamedCombat tab, vote!
  13. Kevinshp

There is a named combat tab!
  14. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

There is a Named CA tab.. He wants a named Combat tab.. Can ignore him.. he's crazy!
  15. canoppener

canoppener Active Member

This is by no means the likely best setup for Assassin, but this is what I'm using currently. My Assassin has like no gear, just random instance stuff. Hasn't done his epic quest yet, and the AA spec could probably use work. The characters I generally box have a dirge and coercer for buffs, but the only thing outside of group buffs he gets is link. He is doing 10k+ with this setup. I would imagine it will go up a lot once I start getting him some gear, do his epic, and actually spend his aa's with thought instead of just putting them in place.

So basically this is a good starting point for you to tweak from something that works decent for me. This is also in the Wiki now http://logan.warpigs.us/wiki/ogre/index.php/Ogre:FAQ#Screen_shots_of_various_setups

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. canoppener

canoppener Active Member

Solo with no temps up he has 54.3 haste, 103.4 dps, 35.1 da, 68.6 crit, 30.2 bonus, 27 base, 567 mod. 237 AA's and I just respec'd. He did 9k solo to a heroic dummy with that terrible gear.
  17. Kevinshp

Cant see areason for a named combat tap! But can see one for having scouts move to cast spells that can't be used from the rear. Just a thought:yea::dazed:
  18. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

lol.. Unfortunately that's pretty minimal in the grand scheme of things, and a lot of work (movement sucks to deal with). I'll get it in more than likely at some point.. :)
  19. Kevinshp

Maybe I am thinking too simply. but in the setting you have two boxes one for stay in front and another move to rear its an either or. what if you moved these to the CA tap so you had to set each ca to move in front or rear like the maintain box and use the codes from the settings movement box? Not sure if that is easy or hard would take more work for us end users setting up ca's.

I have no idea how coding works so just tell me its fricken hard and STFU:)
  20. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

They are different threads, which is good and bad. It's good because it allows movement and casting to run at the same time. It's bad because passing information back and forth can be tricky.

Is it possible - yes. Is it as easy as you described no.. :)
  21. Kevinshp

But I am sure for The Elite Kannkor its a cake walk :) LOL
  22. Kevinshp

One thing I see is assassinate is on you CA tab. If I am correct doesn't that spell have a long reuse time on it? With my swashy all temp buffs and spells with too long of a reuse I put in the named CA tab so it is always ready for a named. Like even with my coercer I have pice of mind and tashiana in the named CA tab there reuse isnt that bad but its not great so rather have them up and ready or a named than some trash.
  23. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Personal preference. Depends what you are doing also etc. But this is a good example of why I say all the screen shots etc are simply suggestions or an example of what could be done :)
  24. Kevinshp

Very true when I play I don't care how fast the trash goes down as I do on the named. I try and give my bots the best chance to kill the named asap as the faster the mob dies the better chance you have of beating them! :dazed::yea: which may be an overstatment.