Discussion in 'Scripts' started by shadowrwolf, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowrwolf

shadowrwolf Member

i know there out there.
    i know a lot of you keep posting to make youre own but i cant even spell to save my life let alone comprehend coding and scripting. so, if you have a good bot for domanating the market, but not destroying it!! im willing to pay for it, resanable prices...

thanks.
  2. tsumari

tsumari Active Member

If you get an offer I am all for it, congratulations. Just be most cautious in how you use any such tool.
  3. shadowrwolf

shadowrwolf Member

alwase super carfle, im not blinde i see what happens to these 23/7 macros. if youre going to cheet do it right, and do not get caught!
  4. shadowrwolf

shadowrwolf Member

awww noone wants to make a bit of $? i know its out there lol
    PM me with the price. thanks
  5. z00m

z00m Member

Anybody written this script? I will buy PM me.

Thanks
  6. automanempire

automanempire Member

I think there's a logical flaw in asking for such a script - anyone who knows how to do it will either have already done it and kept quiet or considered it and decied not to do it.

That said I'd be happy to write such a script for large sums of ISK BUT I don't know how to make money off the market or what such a script would do.

So if you know how to run the market but don't know how to write a script then drop me a line and we'll cook something up.

Alternatively I'm willing to write a script for a small group of investors.

Please don't post 'oh it's simple all you do is buy low and sell high' messages - to write a script needs a lot more detail than that.
  7. Plecks

Plecks Active Member

There's also a logical flaw in making a market script for isk, in that if it's any good you could make large sums of isk yourself.

There's several methods by which you could make a bot that plays the market to make isk. The simplest would be one that finds low sell orders and high buy orders for an item (likely between regions), and simply buys, moves, and sells the item. I haven't made one like that myself, but its probably comparable to mining in income.

A bit more complex one looks for items that have a wide margin between current buy/sell orders, and places orders of its own to compete with those. This works best at a trade hub, which also has the advantage of not having to move the items. I made a fairly basic script which did this with high-volume low-cost items in Jita (ammo, implants, several modules), and it didn't do too bad.

What I had started on before I stopped playing EVE, was a script that would attempt to track orders as they filled, and doing so be able to get information like you find on the market history screen (units sold/bought, price), but for the individual stations that the orders were at, rather than region-wide. This would allow you to place buy orders that had a history of low prices (obviously taking current competition into account), and then move those items where they historically sold well, and put them up in a sell order. I had the tracking of orders as they were filled part working pretty well, but never finished the rest of it so I don't know exactly how well this method would work compared to a better script than mine that just sits at a trade hub.

Hopefully this gives you some ideas!

tl;dr: Buy low, sell high.
  8. pr517

pr517 Active Member

The flaw is that if you knew how you wouldn't share it with others, because then it would devalue your ability to use that knowledge. There is also no amount of real world money capable of brokering the deal, since it is either too much for the buyer who has little trust in the product or too little for the seller to give up such a secret. Your best bet is to 1) learn to script, 2) learn economics and then script it, and 3) keep it to yourself like we are doing now.
  9. z00m

z00m Member

please check pm
  10. sigma914

sigma914 Member

These scripts exist, I have one myself, but asking for people to sell them for anything less than tens or hundreds of billions of isk probably isn't going to work. Its not worth it as the competition from even one other swarm of bots will lower your profits non-trivially.
  11. Ridain

Ridain Member

for me to give mine up it would have to be > 1 year of ISK i can make using it.. which comes out to about 800B.. on 1 account..

also, proliferation of this script would lead to everyone being fucked.

maybe i'd sell it for $5000, but meh.. i can rmt for that easily.
  12. mycroft

mycroft Script Author: MyPrices

Same here , running my own , make a decent profit , but releasing it would reduce my profit margins as it's currently giving me a 6-1 return rate without attracting much attention.
  13. iswarrior10

iswarrior10 Member

Hey guys, lots of us out there have several market bots.

Would be nice to share some stats here (even to get a more interesting picture of this).

Mine actually handles 34 orders (the limit is the char here), able to put buy / sell orders, splitting the stack not to overflow the market.

Future improvements:

- db support (actually im not able to make it use mysql :( - connection doesn't work) to apply more hard logic - spread evaluation and the such
    - multi char support (via db: several chars to cooperate)
    - rest communication to send data over a control web server (control room, yaknow ??)
    - instant drop-on-buy if sensible buy order raise happens

Not about money here, my initial capital was just of 500 M - to test it.

Running not 23/7.

Anyone ?
  14. iswarrior10

iswarrior10 Member

ADDENDUM:

my market bot is controlled via IRC :)
  15. automanempire

automanempire Member

So I'm going to be building a 'market tycoon' bot but I'm curious about what others have done so here's a quick question:

Did you use lavishscript or dotnet and why did you choose?

I'll probably build in dotnet as I'm a developer in my day job and I find that lavishscript is rather poorly documented meaning I'll be spending too much time trying to work out how stuff functions rather than concentrating on gettign something working but I'd be interested in a counter view.
  16. iswarrior10

iswarrior10 Member

Sorry for the late answer...was busy.

I use just lavishscript, i would like to use MySQL but my connector was crashing under win 7 32 bit (i should recompile it).

Atm im running Win 7 64 Bit, and was thinking to try it under this OS.

Dot net would be ofc nice but i agree its documentation obliges the user to spend some time understanding some, and given that we all have to make other stuff (eg.: work :D ) and we do bot in free time....no chance to use it.

Atm, without be in a hurry, my bot turned 300 M in 4 B in 1 month, 49 max orders, and no full time working.
  17. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

I agree that I think it's best that market tycoon scripts NOT be shared publically. Talking about it is ok, but everyone has said the correct reasons on this thread as to why it shouldn't be shared.

However, if someone wanted to share with me (privately) their script, and make suggestions and/or requests of what ISXEVE could do to make it better, I would be happy to do that. (NOTE: I do not play EVE, so I would not be using the script ..lol.) I actually did some work with sqlite and isxaion together ...so, it might be that I can come up with a better solution for presenting information to you in a database form or something along those lines, etc.

Find me on IRC or email if you want to make requests and/or show me what needs to be improved.

Otherwise, I think we're done with this discussion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.