Me Maintained Effect.

Isnewbie

Anyone know if this does a server call to check for maintained effect? I can't remember if it does or not. Thanks.

lixleon

This is from Amadeus:

Code:
The following datatypes have members that require server communication (if the data is not cached) as well as some members that do not:
  1. Effect
  2. Ability
  3. Recipe
  4. Item

-Effect-
The names of effects are not stored on the client.  Therefore, to avoid server communication, you must access the effect through one of the following ways:
  - Me.Effect[#]				(index of the effect within the array - uses beneficial array)
  - Me.Effect[beneficial,#]	 (index of the effect within the array)
  - Me.Effect[detrimental,#]	(index of the effect within the array)
  - Me.Effect[id,#]			 (ID# of the effect -- uses beneficial array)
  - Me.Effect[beneficial,id,#]
  - Me.Effect[detrimental,id,#]

- Actor.Effect[#]			 (index of the effect within the array)
  - Actor.Effect[id,#]

The following effect MEMBERS and all METHODS do *not* require server communication (via cache):
	MaxDuration,	(Only available on 'character')
	Duration,	   (Only available on 'character')
	ID,
	MainIconID,
	BackDropIconID,
	CurrentIncrements

- Ability -
The names of abilities are not stored on the client.  Therefore, to avoid server communication, you must access the ability through one of the following ways:
  - Me.Ability[#]			   (index of the ability within the array)
  - Me.Ability[id,#]
  - Me.GetAbilities[<index:ability>]
  ...or, any of the "ToAbility" members throughout the extension

The following ability MEMBERS and all METHODS do *not* require server communication (via cache):
	TimeRemaining,
	TimeUntilReady,
	IsReady,
	ID,
	IsQueued

- Recipe -
The following recipe MEMBERS and all METHODS do *not* require server communication (via cache):
	Name,
	Description,
	Device,
	RecipeBook,
	Level,
	ID,
	Technique,
	Knowledge

- Item -
The following item MEMBERS and all METHODS do *not* require server communication (via cache):
	Name,
	ID,
	IsEquipped,
	LinkID,
	ToLink,
	Index,
	InContainer,
	InContainerID,
	NumSlots,
	Slot,
	Quantity,
	IsContainer,
	ContainerID,
	InSharedBank,
	InBank,
	NumSlotsFree,
	IsSlotOpen,
	ItemInSlot,
	NextSlotOpen,
	InInventory,
	InInventorySlot,
	IsInventoryContainer,
	IsBankContainer,
	IsSharedBankContainer,
	InNoSaleContainer,
	IsAutoConsumeable,
	CanBeRedeemed,
	IsFoodOrDrink,
	CanScribeNow,
	IsScribeable,
	IsActivatable,
	IsReady,
	TimeUntilReady

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
I just double-checked, and nothing related to the maintained datatype requires a server call similar to the ones mentioned in the posting above. Everything we use from the 'maintained' data is stored on the client.

lixleon

I just double-checked, and nothing related to the maintained datatype requires a server call similar to the ones mentioned in the posting above. Everything we use from the 'maintained' data is stored on the client.
Thank you Amadeus, Could you give me a specific example how to avoid server call if I want to check ${Me.Ability[Stonewall].IsReady} ? I didn't learn that part very well.

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
The only way to call Me.Ability, without a server call, is to use the ID# of the ability. So, basically, you need to keep a database/list of the IDs for every ability, and call it that way (e.g., ${Me.Ability[id,#].IsReady}) It's just as I said in the bit that you quoted earlier in the thread.

Top Bottom