Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by popo, Feb 6, 2012.

1. popo

popo Active Member

So a few of us are moving to EVE from EQ2. I've been using IsX for 4 or 5 years now and want to continue down the path of Botting during game play.

Anyway, I'm about to load game and start my new adventure. Any advice or good websites that give some direction?

Ask yourself....If I would have only know about???? You would have done ???? differently.

Not looking for detailed mapping of my future, I'm sure trial and error is going to happen. Just some friendly direction setting from my fellow botters.

My Play Style:
    I come from Hard Core Raiding 6 nights a week, etc...etc... Absolutely love to PvP. I hate to quest & I only like crafting if its botted.

thanks in advance!
  2. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

Well, it definitely sounds like you'll like EVE: it's hardcore and requires a lot of time to be at the top, and pvp is VERY hardcore.

My first suggestion is to try it as though you're a complete newbie. Do the tutorials and follow the character generation, etc. (i.e., get used to PVE gameplay.) By the time you finish with that, hopefully you'll have enough information to know the best questions to ask.

It's a very complex game, and they do not apologize for the learning curve; however, it IS easier to learn than it used to be. Character building takes time (literally -- you can't "power level" in this game), so just enjoy being a newbie and learning the PVE elements of the game (and how everything works.) Do missions and crap to get currency, etc.

One other thought: don't let the solitude of the game get you. The biggest clumps are players are in pvp space, so you'll see very few people for quite some time. Frankly, I'd consider EVE a single-player game for at least a few weeks.

Anyway, I ramble as I don't really have a good answer.
  3. popo

popo Active Member

thanks Ama! So far I've been focused on the tutorials and learning game mechanics. This game is HUGE! I think I'm going to enjoy this....
  4. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

When you start using autopilot, then you'll find a use for ISXEVE. Just having it loaded makes autopilot much more efficient by having it warp right to the gate each time rather than 15k km away from it.

Otherwise, most of the other functionality for ISXEVE will not be overly useful until you understand enough about the game to use it for helping run missions, easy salvaging, helping with pvp issues, mining, etc.

But yea, anyone with a propensity for 'hardcoreness' and enjoys pvp, should find EVE engaging for some time (especially given the fact that it's crazy cheap compared to any other mmo.)