Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aralis, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aralis

aralis Active Member

Is it safe to run isxeve on the patch?
  2. Konis

Konis Active Member

I don't think that Eve has anything that can detect ISX like WoW does.
  3. Hendrix

Hendrix Well-Known Member

of course it is safe... the REAL question is will it work and the answer is no
  4. aralis

aralis Active Member

I was just curios to know if they had installed something like an evewarden in this new patch that we needed to be aware of without getting our accounts banned :)
  5. Konis

Konis Active Member

WoW's Warden is on the verge of illegal due to what it accesses from your PC, henceforth not many companies have that kind of anti-cheat system as of yet =p

(From what I've heard and the best of my knowledge anyway) =)
  6. aralis

aralis Active Member

Actually that is a recent development. Before it would only read running processes.

Now it can basically do whatever it wants and ISXWoW cannot currently do anything about it.

Which really sucks for those of us who are dependent on it :(
  7. GliderPro

GliderPro Active Member

Do you work for CCP? Don't be naive... It would be extremely easy for CCP to detect ISXEVE. The extension makes no attempts to hide itself (as of this writting).

Wether or not it is safe is a personal decision. Trust your own judgment and don't rely on anyone here to tell you if it is safe or not. It all comes down to risk versus reward. I use ISXEVE on accounts that are less than 6 months old. After the characters get more than 10 million skill points I am very nervous about running ISXEVE. There is no way I would run it on my two year old character.
  8. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

When CCP starts using detection, I'll let you know.

It is important to know that ISXEVE is unlike any other extension out there for innerspace (or anything else for that matter.) It does not alter memory space at all. In all honesty, it is more like an extension of the EVE client rather than something that augments or changes it.

It would take something very similar to warden to detect isxeve as it is right now. And, that would be very obvious.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.