Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Amadeus, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

I am going to make two postings here. The first one will be for ALL users. The second, will be for advanced users and scripters.
    --------------

I have altered ISXEQ2 so that when you type 'run <scriptname', it will actually run a script from a subdirectory in the scripts folder. Therefore, we have moved the following files to these following new locations:
    1. Scripts/EQ2Bot.iss -> Scripts/EQ2Bot/EQ2Bot.iss
    2. Scripts/MobCheck.iss -> Scripts/EQ2Common/MobCheck.iss
    3. Scripts/PositionUtils.iss -> Scripts/EQ2Common/PositionUtils.iss
    4. Scripts/MovementKeys.iss -> Scripts/EQ2Common/MovementKeys.iss
    Now, if you're using SVN, you should be able to do an 'update' on your Scripts directory and get everything updated properly. Otherwise, the next time you update isxeq2 the patcher will add these new files for you. After your ISXEQ2 patches, you should follow these steps:
    1. Delete Scripts/MobCheck.iss
    2. Delete Scripts/PositionUtils.iss
    3. Copy Scripts/MovementKeys.iss to Scripts/EQ2Common/MovementKeys.iss
    4. Download the attached .zip file and unzip the contents into your /Scripts folder. The two folders that will now be in your /scripts folder will be "SVN" folders and you can update theme any time with Tortoise SVN.
    That's really all there is to it. The reason for this change is that now you only need to have two SVN directories located in your /Scripts directory: "EQ2Bot" and "EQ2Common". This will allow you to stay up-to-date with all of the latest eq2bot related files (via SVN) even when you're using innerspace to play multiple games and don't want to subversion your actual /Scripts directory.

But, regardless of how much this posting may have or may not have made sense to you. The simple truth is that if you simply load ISXEQ2, and run eq2bot ..it WILL work because the patcher will update the files for you. However, to stay up-to-date with the latest versions of the class files, you'll need to make sure you understand SVN and how to update the "EQ2Bot" and "EQ2Common" directories.

Attached Files:

2. Amadeus

This posting is intended for advanced users and scripters.
    --------------

Ok -- first, the patch notes from today (which should explain much of what I'm about to say):
    Code (Text):

February 1, 2009 -- By Amadeus
    [ISXEQ2-20090128.0064]
    * Added new COMMAND: 'run'.   This command will be called when a "run" call is issued instead of the innerspace command "runscript".
      If you wish to retain the old functionality, then use 'runscript' when starting a script.
    *** The new 'run' command works almost identically to the InnerSpace 'runscript' with the singular exception that it will check for
    *** a directory (of the same name as the script) before it gives up.   For example, if you type "run eq2bot" it will check first to
    *** see if /innerspace/Scripts/EQ2bot.iss" exists.  If it does, then it will run that file.  However, if that file does not exist, it
    *** will then check to see if /innerspace/Scripts/EQ2Bot/EQ2bot.iss exists.  If that file exists, it will run it -- otherwise, it will
    *** give up.
    *** NOTES:
    ***      1.  Arguments are passed to the script identically as they were with 'runscript'.
    ***      2.  Any 'run' command that is given that contains slashes will be passed immediately to the 'runscript' command to be
    ***          run as before.  (ie, "run eq2bot/eq2bot" will function as it did originally.

I think from reading that you can see the logic behind the change in the directory structure for EQ2Bot. My intention is to make it so that EVERY 'subversioned' project has its own directory in /Scripts so that the actual /Scripts directory has ZERO subversioned files in it, just subversioned directories. This makes it possible for users to play several games with subversioned scripts without having to pick a single game/script to use as their primary "Scripts" directory SVN.

Therefore, in the future, all scripts that are on SVN should be moved to their own subdirectory. For example, "myprices.iss" should be moved to "/Scripts/MyPrices/myprices.iss" ...or something to that effect. You can look at the current "/Scripts/EQ2Bot.iss" (as it is on SVN right now) to see how we handled transferring people to the new system. Basically it renames itself to a new name, and then restarts itself (which then runs the subdirectory version.)

Anyway, I think if you update SVN right now, you'll see how it works and then when you patch isxeq2 and run eq2bot for the first time it'll all make sense. If you have questions you can ask CyberTech or myself.
  3. Amadeus

Also, just because I know someone is going to ask me about this, MovementKeys.iss is on the patcher just for an initial update to this new system. Users can then copy their old one over to the subdirectory (if they want) and it will never update via the patcher EVER again.
  4. Amadeus

If you are having problems with anything not working today with EQ2bot, the first thing you should do is go to the official EQ2Bot release thread and reinstall it -- instructions have been updated and should be simple to understand: http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1085.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.