Odd behavior

MstrGareth

Heyas,

I just started fiddling around with the .Net scripting. I am testing with the template examples (pretty straight forward) and the results are odd.

When I use the ISXVGDotNet (with forms) sample, the first time you clik thru the buttons there is no information being displayed. Usually on the second pass thru it shows some information but tends to be innacurate (such as the name "???Pawn01" etc).

Is my wrapper just out of date or am I missing something?

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
It would help if you posted your code. It's hard to know what you might be doing wrong otherwise.

MstrGareth

It happens with the sample template you posted on CVS.

I was just starting to look things over when I saw this and figured it would be best to make sure even the sample worked. The code is all very simple in it, and it doesn't make any sense why it doesn't do what it says its doing.

MstrGareth

Yup

I start the app

dotnet ISXVGDotNet ISXVGDotNet

The form displays and the label is readable, but the character information portion is always empty as I click thru the buttons. After I have gone thru all the buttons and close the location popup window I can go thru the buttons a second time. This time they show some information, some accurate and some innaccurate.

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
But, you're doing this while you're playing the game and isxvg is loaded ...that was my question.

It sounds like it's not loaded. If so though, I'll check it out and see if I can figure out what it is.

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Ok -- I figured out what the problem was and I updated SVN with the fix. Basically I wrote the sample back when some of the ISXVG objects were persistant. Now, they're all non-persistant, so you have to lock/unlock frames.

While I was at it, I changed a few things to be more consistant, and fixed a few other bugs in what was there. It is still very inefficient since there better ways to organize objects, but at least you can see how to do things from it.

Also, remember that objects via C# have the same restrictions as with lavishscript. So, most objects are not available to you unless you're in the game proper (ie, most won't work from character select.)

Top Bottom