Discussion in 'OgreBot' started by Kevinshp, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Kevinshp

Kevinshp Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone has setup an inquz and if you could post a screen shot here would be great.

Also if anyone has a good casting order for swashy and dirge. I am getting 14 to 20plus k off my coercer I'll post mine for that when I get a chance.
  2. amanincast

amanincast Active Member

I'd love to get some advice/examples for Warlock, Illusionist, Templar, Troubador if anyone has any. I feel my Mystic is healing/curing really well and will post it when I get home.
  3. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Warlock is posted in the FAQ section of the wiki. It's mine. It's not the best setup in the world, but I pull pretty big numbers.

Templar is there too.
  4. Kevinshp

Ya the Templar is there and works pretty well. I am woring out the kinks in my inquz one but my inquz hit for 7k in cella today and I just stuck spells in ca havent realy checked order at all.

Still would love to see a great dirge castig order
  5. swerley

swerley Member

I was looking over the examples on the Wiki and am trying to setup my characters to be even more efficient (they do a fine job, I just think they can be better) as far as DPS/slaying.

I have 6 toons setup here so far.

Anyway, I was wondering how you guys approach setting up your CA's. It looks like you set AOE and quick recast towards the top (cast early and often), and the DOTs and long recast towards the bottom of the list. I actually set mine up in reverse, which is probably wrong.

Is this true or are you applying some other methodologies as well?
  6. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Completely depends on the class.

The *best* way to do it, is to determine the damage per CAST TIME of each spell, and put the abilities with the highest damage per cast time at the top. This is very tricky to do and requires a bit of work in excel. Then you need to determine how to work in AOEs and encounter abilities (assuming you are using ae smart nukes and encounter smart nukes).

You can also try to find someone that has done this work for you and use their cast order. Generally speaking these are on eq2flames, if you are willing to sift through 90% of garbage posts to find the information.. that may be from 2 expansions ago.
  7. Kevinshp

it depends on the fights as well. If your doing zons the dots arnt as important as the mobs die fast enough for dots to really make a diffrence. If your going after x4 mobs then yes dots first then damage. It also depends on the class like Kannkor says.