Discussion in 'OgreBot' started by Kannkor, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for an assistant to assist me with documentation. You don't need any programming skills at all.

Here is my situation.
    As I code updates, new items, change the interface etc, I update the revision history on the wiki with what I did. This is generally quite brief to let people know, and myself what changed. Time wise, I spend most of my time coding, and the wiki doesn't always keep completely up to date.

I'm looking for someone, or a few people that would assist with this.
    • Taking information from the revision history, and adding it to the appropriate spot in the wiki and adding additional information as needed.
    • Taking screen shots of interface windows that have changed and posting the new pictures to the wiki and adding information as needed.
    The amount of OgreBot free time will depending on the amount of work done. For example, if you update 1 line, you will get a "thanks" from me. If you consistantly update the wiki, you probably will have OgreBot for free until you decide you wish to not update the wiki anymore.

Note: This is ONLY available to existing users. It is very difficult to understand and update the wiki for a product you have never used. If you become a user, you can then qualify to assist.

Contact me on IRC for more information.
  2. burdsjm

burdsjm Active Member

I don't play a whole lot to justify paying for your scripts but I would be willing to update your wiki for free if I am bored or a free sub :p It's all good info to learn.

I have 2 mediawiki's now that I update.
  3. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Thank you for the offer Burdsjm. I just think without having any use of the bot, it would be very difficult to do much updating in it. I have a few others who have volunteered to update the wiki. If it doesn't work out I may take you up on the offer.
  4. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Update:

I'm still looking for someone to assist with maintaining the Revision updates --> wiki.

I will now open this up to anyone, if you have, or do not have an OgreBot subscription.

If you already have an OgreBot sub, I will continually add time to your OgreBot sub (making it free for as long as you are doing the updates).

If you do not have an OgreBot sub, I will give you a 1 week sub in which you can setup a toon and start updating the wiki. As long as you have made progress on the wiki updates, I will add more time. You will have a free OgreBot sub for as long as you are assisting with updates.

If you have any questions, send me a message on IRC, or PM on here. Please be specific that you are interested in helping with the wiki for free OgreBot time.