Discussion in 'Script Releases' started by Shrike, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Shrike

Shrike Member

I created this script firstly as a learning exercise and secondly as a way to minimise opportunities for can flippers. This is a specific script for my needs but you're welcome to take it and adapt it as you see fit.

How I use it :

I have a fleet of 3 ice miners running Evebot in jetcan ice mining mode, another fleet member is in an orca running this script.

What is does:

- Activate any gang link modules in its high slots.
    - Warp to a random fleet member and loot cans within 10km until it's cargo hold is 70% full.
    - Drop off its cargo at the bookmarked station, then warp back to the fleet
    - Rinse and repeat

- There is some minimal error checking :
    If you are targeted it will run through a dock at station/unload/warp to fleet member cycle.
    If you suddenly have zero cargo space (ship blown up) it will dock and exit

Prerequisites :

- Must be in the same fleet as your miners.
    - All miners at the same spot.
    - Bookmark named "DropOffSta" of a station in the same system.

Setup:

Create a Fboost directory in your ...\InnerSpace\Scripts directory.
    Unzip the attached file into that directory
    Create a bookmark called "DropOffSta" in your chosen system.
    Run fboost/fboost from the innerspace command line
    Press "Run" on the small Fleet Booser UI.

To do:
    More error checking
    Warp to fleet members in turn for use during ore mining.

Any comments/criticism of the code would be appreciated.

EDIT:
    Added a toggle 3ddisplay button
    Changed default to take all loot from can rather than leaving 1 item.

EDIT 11/03/12
    Fboost now uses the ora ore hold and corporate hanger and will not drop off at station until all three (cargo/ora/corporate) are full.

EDIT 23/06/12
    Updates to new inventory system.

View attachment FBoost0.6.zip
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  2. Shrike

Shrike Member

Updated to v0.4

Added checks for :

- Security - Set required level in FBoostLib.iss beneath which the script will run.
    - Standing - Set required level in FBoostLib.iss beneath which the script will run.
    - Fleet - If no fleet members are found nearby it will dock and pause the script.

For security/standing the script will scan pilots within 250km ignoring corp / fleet members.

If the script docks because of security/standing it will sit in station for a random amount of time between 5 and 10 minutes before resuming.
  3. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

Yeah I was bored enough to go looking through it. I only have a couple suggestions...
    For your Approach function, did you know that ${Me.Approaching} will give you the entity that you are approaching? So you can say something like "if ${Me.Approaching(exists)}" instead of some complex distance checking... I struggled for a while with weird distance and velocity checks to find out if I was approaching or not when it all came down to that (or since you are passing the entityID you could check against that as well ${Me.Approaching.ID.Equal[${EntityID}]}).
    Another thing I would like to mention. I found a post somewhere recently where Amadeus was mentioning we should start using .Equal for our comparisons when possible. So instead of saying things like "while ${Me.ToEntity.Mode} == 3" say this "while ${Me.ToEntity.Mode.Equal[3]}" Ama was saying this way is better especially when it comes to things like ID comparisons and whatnot.
    Last thing and I will stop harassing your hard work ;). Just because it looks funny to me I would have written your ActivateLinkModules function a little more like this...
    Code (Text):

function ActivateLinkModules()
    {
     variable int j = -1
     while ${j:Inc}
     {
      if ${MyShip.Module[HiSlot${j}].ToItem.Group.Equal["Gang Coordinator"]}
       Me.Ship.Module[HiSlot${j}]:Click
     }
    }

Ok actually I would have written it much differently, but I noticed you like to declare a lot of unneeded variables doing things like this. Try to weed those out and just make a comparison directly to the object you are calling when possible. Also I don't like checking against the name/type, it may take a bit of patience to find out what group or category something is in, but I found that it is well worth it when writing scripts for the public, just a little personal preference there.

All that aside, thank you for taking time to write it up and post it for everyone. We need more proactive peeps here!
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  4. Shrike

Shrike Member

Rewrote the script to work with Evebot's orca location type.

In Evebot Miner tab, set :

Location Type : Orca
    Location Name : Your orca pilot name

Your orca will sit in the belts with your miners with boosters on. Your evebot miners should deposit ore in the orca corporate hangers.

The script will move the ore/ice from the corporate hangers to the ore hold until full, then cargo hold until full, then fill up the corporate hangers.

Once all three are full it will warp to your drop off station (see first post for required bookmarks), empty all cargo then warp back to the miners.

Standing is currently set to <0 or security to <-5 - edit to your own preference.

View attachment FBoost09.zip
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  5. bowie

bowie Senior Member

Does the Orca run both Evebot and FBoost simultaneously then?
  6. Shrike

Shrike Member

No, the orca just runs fboost - give me a couple of days, I'll get the code fixed.
  7. Shrike

Shrike Member

[Have updated the script to work with evebot jetcan mode as combot and evebots orca mode both seem to be broken.

The script flees to your safespot based on standings which is set in line 18 of FBoostLib.iss, currently set to 1 (Standing = 1) ]so it will flee on neuts. Set to -1 if you don't care about neuts.

*EDIT: The forums seems to download the file as attachment.php, just rename it fboost.zip and it should extract ok.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  8. bowie

bowie Senior Member

Thanks Shrike. Will check it out tonight :)
  9. bowie

bowie Senior Member

Seems to work a treat, Shrike. Many thanks! (Wish it supported Tractor beams) ;)
  10. mafeba

mafeba Member

i can ignore local or standing? thx
  11. Shrike

Shrike Member

Change the following line in FBoostLib.iss

variable int Standing = 1

to

variable int Standing = -1 (to ignore neuts)

variable int Standing = -11 (to ignore everyone - Caution! this will disable fleeing altogether)
  12. mafeba

mafeba Member

thx. working.
  13. bowie

bowie Senior Member

Latest patch appears to have broken this:-
    Code (Text):

ISXEVE: itemtype Failed itemInfo inheritanceB: 1012958351009
    Error: No such 'variable' member 'Volume' @${cargo.Value.Volume}
    ISXEVE: itemtype Failed itemInfo inheritanceB: 1012958172976
    Error: No such 'variable' member 'Volume' @${cargo.Value.Volume}

:(
    [EDIT] Cancel - was an ISXEVE bug.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  14. bowie

bowie Senior Member

Any way to get this to use tractor beams, Shrike?
  15. leute

leute New Member

is this script still working?
    i get this :
    Dumping script stack
    --------------------
    -->D:/InnerSpace/Scripts/fboost/fboost.iss:16 main() ui -load FBoost
    ---------------------------
    Fleet Boost Script Finished
    ---------------------------
    Could not locate file
    Could not load interface file 'FBoost'
    Dumping script stack
    --------------------
    -->D:/InnerSpace/Scripts/fboost/fboost.iss:7 atexit() ui -unload FBoost

No UI visible....
  16. leute

leute New Member

ok with version 10 its runing now, but i dont get it to work together with evebot.
    Location Typ is Orca and the name is fromm orca fleet member.
    but it want work, every time when the bot should load the ore into the orca, it will warp back to station.
  17. moisesndani

moisesndani New Member

Does it work with TB?