Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pelly, Jul 2, 2018.

1. pelly

pelly Active Member

Just curious on what peeps are doping this summer for ethereal coins. How many, what zones are you farming, whether or not you are running alts through, etc.

For me, I am farming a main and an alt group. I am running my main team (Zerk, Coe, Dirge, Ranger, Swashy and Defiler) through the fast zones since they have mostly expert gear at this point. My main rotation is PoD Event Heroic, Masks, Source (with Pot) and Obsidian Core. I usually switch it up to get the weekly zones, although I still can't figure out anything useful to spend Tears of Ro coins on. Mainly just trying for the deity upgrades.

My alt team (Pally, Illy, Troub, Wiz, Conj and Mystic) are running the same zones, just takes a little longer since they don't have TS mount or charm yet.

My plan is to get 200 coins for the runes and some more for at least the initial armor set. Already at about 250 coins each so by the end of this double week, I'll have enough coins.

What are others doing?
  2. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

Zones;
    SoH - Potion
    Expert Winds of Change (Only do the right side. Train/FD to final named after 2nd).
    Expert PoD Event - Camp spot near final named spot, auto target list, wait for completion.
    Any random heroic.

In terms of coins, I'm just going to keep doing it most days and see what I end up with. My main focus is really the 15 Fervor adorns (As I missed last years event due to burnout). Armour I picked up for the basic 20 coins, and will upgrade if worth it at level 5.

I believe they said there are more items coming with Wave 2 and 3 too, so want to make sure I'm covered for that.
  3. larrydoyle

larrydoyle Senior Member

I have 24 toons to get through each day, so I'm just in it for speed. For me, it's Gears, Mesa, Source (with pot) and Tower reg heroic (only right side). To get weekly done, I sub out Tower for Core on one run. I sometimes do the other two event heroics also just for weekly. I bought each toon his two base gear pieces. Just stockpiling coins for the runes, and like Cheesy I'm worried they will add more runes or stuff, so won't spend coins until that becomes more clear.
  4. pelly

pelly Active Member

Now knowing the new requirements for having the class rune added to archetype runes, I guess I am going to do more farming than expected to max out BP's for my toons. Hopefully, we get a few more double coin days. 20 each for the BP and Shoulders, another 405 to max one out, 25 for class rune, 100 for the archetype rune and another 100 for the enigma runes (if needed). Lots of ethereal farming. I'll probably be shooting for about 670 ethereal coins each.

Fortunately, some of these zones are quick, and only having to do right side of the Torden's zones really helps.
  5. Extrasplash

Extrasplash Member

Gotta remember most of the runes are labled mastery, so it takes away the affect of the class "cloak" rune
  6. Aquaplex2050

Aquaplex2050 Member

I have a quick question about this. Is the max coins you can earn a day is 8? Also, i've read from the ethereal event page on eq2 site, that you only can get 2 coins from a heroic, the other 6 have to be from 3 experts? I'm confused about this. I ran couple heroics today and at the end it showed the box that i was receiving the ethereal coin but then when i look at my currency it's not there...
  7. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

Correct

Max 8 per day
    2 from Heroic
    6 from Experts

They will always appear at the end of a mission though as a reward, but you'll see a message in chat along the lines of "You have recieved your maximum amount of coins. This resets at xxxxx", and they won't appear in your inventory.
  8. Aquaplex2050

Aquaplex2050 Member

If i can run heroics ok'ish with my team currently, am i able to do experts? Not sure how big the gap is between heroic and experts. I've only ran an expert zone with a potion so far. In my current position, realistically i can only get 4 coins a day, i think unless i'm able to do/finish experts.
  9. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

The key thing is likely to be your HP. I'd give disease event heroic a try on expert. It's the easiest by far.

I'd also suggest using your expert potions to do Shard of Hate - I did this with an old group the other day with 0 epics, 40k potency (before potion). You can get some very nice loot from in there.

If you can get these done, Outbreak Expert isn't overly difficult (Can even just skip first named).
  10. Aquaplex2050

Aquaplex2050 Member

Did Kankor ever put in scripts for SoH? I would have to learn the zone, never been there, but i'll give it a shot. Ty Cheesy.
  11. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

No, but really not needed for most. Below is the easiest/quickest options imo.

Imp - Just tank and spank it, if it memwipes, snap it back.
    Morg - Tank and spank it. Keep toons very close to it. Hit the 'ZONE' button to clear curses.
    Horb - Tank and spank it. Keep toons very close to it. Hit the 'ZONE' button to clear curses.
    Ze'Vlu'Vex - (Do this one if you have a coercer) - Keep Unveil (Infravision) up. Target adds as they spawn, kill them and return to named.
    Estir the Spiteful - Singular Focus, Dynamic Ignore Encounter Nukes/PBAE (Bottom left of uplink), Disable CS_Cure. Kill correct # of adds so you have enough left up to match nameds buff (1 for first 25%, 2 for 75-50, 3 50-25 etc.). Dodge yellow circles. Alt tab to healer and only cure the Archetype called for on purple text. Once youve done it couple of times, it's easy.
  12. appleuser

appleuser Well-Known Member

I'm working away as per usual in the summer. I might just catch the tale end of this event, as I did last year. Just wondering if there are any 'must haves' this year? I got the runes last summer for all my toons.
  13. Extrasplash

Extrasplash Member

Some of the runes, but they are gated behind an achivement from lvling an piece of gear to lvl 5 and need 405 coins to do so. so to get all the runes you need 630 coins
    appleuser likes this.
  14. appleuser

appleuser Well-Known Member

Ah thanks. I'm probably not going to be able to get back into game to bother with that then. Would you mind linking one of the runes so i can see what I'm missing?
  15. Extrasplash

Extrasplash Member

\aITEM 237156952 -2097019240:Rune of the Enigma\/a /