1. Burney

Burney New Member

Hey guys,

Returning to EVE after a very long break. When I was last active, there was a war waged against botters that resulted in a lot of account banning, and the start of a new era of precautions before logging in to EVE: use of proxy servers to protect IP info; use of Civian's RedGuard application to protect system hardware info; semi-AFK bot running as gankers roamed around killing anything that looked like it might zap an asteroid; etc.

ISXEVE bots seem to come highly recommended from my scout about Google over the last few days. Question is this (having also tried to check out stickies and wikis that I could find) - What precautions are needed before launching the InnerSpace, ISXEVE, scripts and EVE client to protect from being detected and potetnially banned?

To be clear, I'm after info about any hardware and software config needed/advised to log into the game. Once logged in, I'm happier with how to vary behaviour in-game to avoid looking like a 24/7 bot (like not botting 24/7...)

Appreciate any steer you might give,

Burney
  2. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

As far as I know, no one has ever been suspended or banned for using ISXEVE or anything associated with ISXEVE. I've been producing ISXEVE since around 2008.

However, people have been banned and/or suspended because of things they were doing WHILE using ISXEVE. So, for example, if you massively afk-bot, or anything else that would get you reported by another player, etc. Then you could get in trouble.

But, assuming I understand your question, there is nothing inherently dangerous about using isxeve or any of its scripts. As long as your character looks/acts normal and you're not blatantly "botting", or unless you just get unlucky and get reported by a passing player who thinks you're botting, you should be fine.

Also, FYI ..the current #isxeve topic in IRC is: [ISXEVE] (20170516.0001) -=- https://www.isxgames.com/f/threads/isxbjeve-astro-bot-open-beta.7739/ -=- http://www.isxgames.com/f/threads/daedalus-mining-bot-alpha-15-06-2016.7876/ -=- https://github.com/LavishSoftware/ISBoxerEVELauncher ....those links should get you started.
    Burney likes this.
  3. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

Oh, and one other thing, these forums go back over a decade and I do not delete posts in which people discussed being suspended or banned, or anything of that nature. So, feel free to search and see what you find -- I feel pretty confidently that if there was a ban wave, or something inherently dangerous with using isxeve, it would have been reported and/or discussed on the forums here by now.
    Burney likes this.
  4. Burney

Burney New Member

Thanks Amadeus. Was waiting to see an email notification through that someone had replied to this thread, but must not have set it up right. Only just seen you answered the same day as I was browsing by just now. Appreciate the quick come back!